*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Grant getting a tough time? 

I thought he looked alright yesterday. Was pretty tidy in possession. 

He had a shocking first half, better 2nd.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I just don't think Henderson is good enough and wouldn't be surprised if he left before the month is out. Think he's only here just now as an extra body to cover the subs bench. If we bring in more quality he won't be in the match squad very often this season. 

Don't really understand why we gave him another deal (only one year) as it seems obvious he is not going to feature much if at all.

As others have said we needs another two or three good players in the door but I think we must be struggling to get them 

If we go with what we have got we are in big trouble as the players yesterday were shattered towards the end, can you imagine the same players plying up at Ross county after just arriving back from say the heat of Croatia ect a day or two before 

KyleLafferty
Just now, theshed said:

As others have said we needs another two or three good players in the door but I think we must be struggling to get them 

If we go with what we have got we are in big trouble as the players yesterday were shattered towards the end, can you imagine the same players plying up at Ross county after just arriving back from say the heat of Croatia ect a day or two before 

Big trouble? Are you sure? What makes you say that? Second competitive game in a game that takes it out you emotionally and mentally. Players take different times to get match fit, some are straight away some take 3,4,5 games. We have the strongest squad outside the old firm and our defence switched off and the worst time. It happens. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't really understand why we gave him another deal (only one year) as it seems obvious he is not going to feature much if at all.

IIRC we need 4 “club trained” players in the European squad. 

Rogue Daddy
48 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd be happy with this. Don't think we need another CM - quite happy to rotate the guys we have depending on the game although I wouldn't say no to someone who adds some value to the squad at the end of the day. Although we all wanted it, I don't think it was a good game to play Grant in. He was overwhelmed, couldn't get the time he wanted on the ball and was therefore nullified in the midfield. Should have been changed for Devlin at HT if you ask me, who would have added more intensity to the way we played and would have helped us control the midfield more with his ball-winning alone. Could see him egging Haring on to follow him around and to be a couple of absolute wasps - popping up all over the pitch and nicking the ball away. 

Sibbick I feel has had his chance at RCB and has shown that he's not quite at the level we need, so I think we absolutely have to try to get someone in. I'd be pretty nervous going into Europe etc with him as a first 11 player. I'm kinda at the stage with him that I'd play Neilson in our next game to see how he does, as he absolutely strolled his pre-season games. 

In terms of forwards, if Ginnelly and/or GMS are leaving then we would need to replace them. I'd say we could quite realistically replace both of them with one "AM R/L/C" type player (i.e. Seung-Woo) - and I really think an out and out number 9 as backup to Shankland is also needed. He can't play every game. Look what it did to Boyce last season. 

Three away from a very strong squad I think. Four if you count a backup keeper but let's not open that can of worms today. 

Yeah, tend to agree with you... I know why RN put him there, Smith was getting beat for pace, but I don't think the backline is his position. He's more effective in midfield. I'd give Neilson a run also, really keen to see how he copes in league games.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Definitely, it's been in cobwebs for weeks now 🤣

Yup, on Wednesday it will be 3 weeks since our last signing. And we have only had 1 signing in the last 6 weeks. Admittedly we had 5 signings in just under 4 weeks prior to that.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyway, pacy forward and RCB look like a must, especially if the manager insists on playing 343. 

Yeah, my priority too. Won't complain if we add an attcking CM but we can probably manage with what we have.

I meant to add that while I feel RCB is a priority I'd probably be leaning to a utility right-sided player as I feel, albeit on just one appearance that Neilson could be our next Souttar (I know, I know!).  We need to get him gametime, probably against the lower six teams post European matches.  Hopefully he gets up to speed real quick then teh aforementioned rightsided utility guy can move up a position and compete with Atkinson, I guess.  If we acquire a top notch RCB I fear for Neilson's growth.

Edited by ArcticJambo

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Looks like Davenport is a 'no'.

source?

EEN. Got it. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

27 minutes ago, CMc said:

Has there been an update on this?

Sorry, not that I'm aware of. Just assuming as he was here last week and no news. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Looks like Davenport is a 'no'.

Thought he was a dead cert to sign to be honest. I wonder if we've maybe found something better... 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

source?

EEN. Got it. 

😳...jeez. Didnt even have time to cut and paste the article! You guys are quick!  😆

RustyRightPeg

If they’ve said no to him we can only presume something else must be close? 

Or am I asking for too much…it’s been 3 weeks Mr Savage, please sir can we have some more…

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Big trouble? Are you sure? What makes you say that? Second competitive game in a game that takes it out you emotionally and mentally. Players take different times to get match fit, some are straight away some take 3,4,5 games. We have the strongest squad outside the old firm and our defence switched off and the worst time. It happens. 

I don’t think our squad is as good as people think.  2 or 3 injuries to key players and we will struggle playing Thursday and Sunday 

Even if players all stay fit some will get rested after playing the Thursday night and just don’t think we have the quality to bring in to play on the Sunday to keep the team as strong 

Look at Dundee United yesterday. Played out their skin on Thursday and back down to earth with a bang yesterday. 
That’s after only one game in Europe and we have games coming up till December 

We are already hoping that come Sunday Dundee United are knackered from playing the Thursday night and we play them at a good time 

Every team we play on the Sunday after our   European games will be thinking the same as we are this Sunday 

Grant did well and kept the ball well under pressure finding a Hearts man when under close attention from two opponents on a few occasions 

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he's not a first 11 player. Can provide backup across a number of positions but if we're not bringing in someone better as a starting 11 player, I'd be a bit worried. 

Only seen a little of Neilson but I liked what I saw. He's an absolute unit of a laddie firstly, but the first thing I saw him do with the ball was ping a superb 50-odd yard diagonal pass from RCB to Conor Smith at LW. His mentality reminded me of Hickey - the way he just never appeared flustered or annoyed and just sort of strolled around looking quite laid back. 

Sounds like a good signing, hope we see him soon. 

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

😳...jeez. Didnt even have time to cut and paste the article! You guys are quick!  😆

Shame for the lad, must be tough not getting offered a deal. Seems to be a decent player.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Yeah, my priority too. Won't complain if we add an attcking CM but we can probably manage with what we have.

I meant to add that while I feel RCB is a priority I'd probably be leaning to a utility right-sided player as I feel, albeit on just one appearance that Neilson could be our next Souttar (I know, I know!).  We need to get him gametime, probably against the lower six teams post European matches.  Hopefully he gets up to speed real quick then teh aforementioned rightsided utility guy can move up a position and compete with Atkinson, I guess.  If we acquire a top notch RCB I fear for Neilson's growth.

He is only 19 so has time but yeah if we sign someone who nails down they spot it might not help him progress. He’s played RB as well and might’ve been a better option yesterday than changing the whole set up to replace Smith. 

jambo_4_eva
24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Only played 180 mins of season. How do you know that? Might get the cup games and play when Boyce or shankland get injured which is inevitable. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Henderson is 22 years old, ages with Atkinson and Cochrane. Lewis Neilson, who is 19, will get game time this season as well. Robbie will have no issues playing younger players, but they have to be good enough first.

I meant our academy products, and if you think he plays them you really haven’t paying attention as he rarely does. Henderson, Smith, Pollock will sit on the bench in Europe as our homegrown quota, they will be lucky to see any game time at all this season. 
As for Henderson who knows if he’s good enough, but if he has no intention of playing him why give him another year? Just for the quota I’m afraid. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, theshed said:

I don’t think our squad is as good as people think.  2 or 3 injuries to key players and we will struggle playing Thursday and Sunday 

Even if players all stay fit some will get rested after playing the Thursday night and just don’t think we have the quality to bring in to play on the Sunday to keep the team as strong 

Look at Dundee United yesterday. Played out their skin on Thursday and back down to earth with a bang yesterday. 
That’s after only one game in Europe and we have games coming up till December 

We are already hoping that come Sunday Dundee United are knackered from playing the Thursday night and we play them at a good time 

Every team we play on the Sunday after our   European games will be thinking the same as we are this Sunday 

We thought that in the cup final and we were the ones out on our feet. 
We will need to be lucky and the right team will need to be picked for the games after the European ties. We definitely need more bodies in, possibly starters at that. 

jambo_4_eva
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I meant our academy products, and if you think he plays them you really haven’t paying attention as he rarely does. Henderson, Smith, Pollock will sit on the bench in Europe as our homegrown quota, they will be lucky to see any game time at all this season. 
As for Henderson who knows if he’s good enough, but if he has no intention of playing him why give him another year? Just for the quota I’m afraid. 

Maybe they're no good enough. Plus our support destroy confidence of our players. Look at how we're treating sibbick

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think Davenport not being offered a contract is positive, not for him obviously, no panic and surely better possibilities

indianajones

Sheep were really chasing him and we have just turned him down for not being good enough it seems?

Big team, big standards. 

BackOfTheNet

Davenport is an odd one. The ITK chat a couple of weeks ago was we were almost certainly going to have one in the following week, then Davenport’s name came up and we were expecting him signed by County, then there was an assumption maybe the signing announcement had been held off after all the Lee Sueng-woo news came out over a week ago. But then he’s on trial, not signed, but we feature him on pictures and video on social media so you think not a case of if but when. Now, no contract. Odd.

I’m thinking we won’t sign anyone else before the qualifiers now.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jambo_4_eva said:

Maybe they're no good enough. Plus our support destroy confidence of our players. Look at how we're treating sibbick

It’s the managers job to help them be good enough, he doesn’t improve players. Every other team in the league introduces youngsters into their team, even the uglies. We had Gordon and Kirk I think in the league last season, which is frankly a disgrace and we will only play them if we are struggling. He constantly plays players out of position when there’s no need for it instead of youngsters. 
We are harsh on youngsters no doubt, whilst allowing bog standard mature pros like Halliday away with murder, I don’t though. Sibbick doesn’t seem to have any confidence just now but again that’s down to the manager to instill it in his players. 

Rocky jamboa

I'm hoping we'll give some of the young lads a chance this year, particularly Pollock. He's looked good every time he's played. He must be so frustrated that he plays well then out the team. 

We've been crying out for an attacking midfielder for the last few seasons so hopefully that's on the radar also. Someone who can chip in with goals from outside the box.

Maybe someone else has become available that is better than Davenport. It suggest we aren't panicking by not offering him a contract. We still have a few weeks left and maybe he wasn't what we were looking for or not fit enough to hit the ground running. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Davenport is an odd one. The ITK chat a couple of weeks ago was we were almost certainly going to have one in the following week, then Davenport’s name came up and we were expecting him signed by County, then there was an assumption maybe the signing announcement had been held off after all the Lee Sueng-woo news came out over a week ago. But then he’s on trial, not signed, but we feature him on pictures and video on social media so you think not a case of if but when. Now, no contract. Odd.

They must’ve had doubts to take him on trial in the first place, sounds like a bit of a waste of time. 

On another note with midfield I would like to see Pollock involved in the first team more. He has drive we don't have with any of our other midfielders. I know he's young but even a few games off the bench are surely within his reach.

indianajones
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think it can be summarised as that no one here knows wtf is going on with recruitment. 

Good to see the club making this call if they feel he won't add anything.

Perhaps there has been movement on another deal we don't know about which has factored this decision in.

18 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

at least another 4 needed, can also see some leaving

We have already signed 6 plus your 4=10 with presumably a new keeper to come as well.

That's a new team.

Doesn't seem much diferent from the previous regime's (and I quote) "scattergun approach".

Edited by JamboAl

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You never said academy players, you said young guys, and I was pointing out we have young guys in our first XI.

Academy players need to be ready first before being thrown in, just have a look at how Harry Cochrane turned out.

Having a B team in the lower leagues will massively help youth players to develop. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

You never said academy players, you said young guys, and I was pointing out we have young guys in our first XI.

Academy players need to be ready first before being thrown in, just have a look at how Harry Cochrane turned out.

Having a B team in the lower leagues will massively help youth players to develop. 

Nobody knows if a player is ready until they get the chance, we failed Harry Cochrane massively as we have with others with not helping them progress into first team players. 
Youth players will be helped by playing games again and getting a good level of coaching. He still won’t play them. Atkinson is 23 btw. 

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If they’ve said no to him we can only presume something else must be close? 

Or am I asking for too much…it’s been 3 weeks Mr Savage, please sir can we have some more…

You would hope so, but we thought the same after Wright didn't get a contract and no CB came in.

If we sign no one by Thursday, then it will be closer to the window closing then our last signing. Though could mean things could get busy in those last 3 weeks.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Although fit and sharp enough, Hearts have decided not to sign him at the moment as they consider other options to strengthen their squad.’

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I think it can be summarised as that no one here knows wtf is going on with recruitment. 

Apart from wanting a new RCB, DM and a pacy attacker. 

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We have already signed 6 plus your 4=10 with presumably a new keeper to come as well.

That's a new team.

Doesn't seem much diferent from the previous regime's (and I quote) "scattergun approach".

Thing is recruitment now is a bit more thorough than previous regimes where we were getting players that were very poor quality. I don't think we can compare our recruitment now to say 5 years ago. I also don't think we are bringing in another 4, think it will be 2 or 3 maximum. 

Sorry about this as been mentioned and I can't find it through google somehow - what is the deadline for registering players for our Euro ties?

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Sorry about this as been mentioned and I can't find it through google somehow - what is the deadline for registering players for our Euro ties?

I'm sure it's this Friday. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***