*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

The Hogfather

If he came back to Scotland, you'd imagine he'd only go back to Hibs. Wife plays for the women team, has history with the club and is a fan favourite. Certainly wouldn't entertain us.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, tamflogel said:

I think on balance you’d accept Boyle would be more likely though, on account of his still beating heart? 😉

Honestly think we would be far more likely to dig up the deed body of a much hated historical figure than sign someone like Boyle. We will never ever sign a Hibs fan favourite.

Edited by Batistuta87

32 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I very much doubt we’d take him or even want him. There’s far better out there and imo, he can’t lace BM’s boots. Take the pace away from his game and he’s a very ordinary player. It’s a no from me. The diving reminds me of Uche who was more on his arse than his feet 

And that is exactly what’s about to happen to him in the next year or so. He’ll be Lowland League quality without his pace. 

7 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

would rather see ,Fred west , Hitler and Saville in a hearts Jersey before that clown Boyle 

Don’t agree with this sort of nonsense.

They’re all dead . .!

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

And that is exactly what’s about to happen to him in the next year or so. He’ll be Lowland League quality without his pace. 

Don’t agree with this sort of nonsense.

They’re all dead . .!

Calm down lol he is a wee bit better than that. Could still play in the Scottish Prem no problem at all. Just not for us. Not ever. Not even if there was a fire.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I went on to say 9 might be a push, but if we’re moving 2 or 3 on and RN had been in the press saying he wanted at least 6 it wouldn’t surprise me if the right players came round. 

He also said he wants a squad of 23, up from 21 last season. Discounting youngsters we have ;- 

Gordon

Stewart

Kingsley 

Cochrane

Rowes

Halkett

Sibbick

Neilson

Smith

Atkinson

Devlin

Grant

Beni

Halliday

Haring

McEneff

McKay

GMS

Gino

Forrest

Boyce.

Thats 21 if I haven’t forgotten anyone, can’t see 6 coming in as 4 would need to leave. One striker and one RCH is probably all we will do unless GMS/Gino/McEneff leave or go on loan. 
If you believe him. 

Every time we played hibs and had Boyle he was there only threat and put us to the sword a couple of times. If people can’t look past that and see there’s a player that would compliment our front three that’s even sadder. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Loosely related to transfers and sorry if I’ve missed this but anyone know if Beni is likely to be fit for the start of the season? Beni will feel like a new signing given his time out with injury. Can’t wait to see him back 

6 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Loosely related to transfers and sorry if I’ve missed this but anyone know if Beni is likely to be fit for the start of the season? Beni will feel like a new signing given his time out with injury. Can’t wait to see him back 

Beni unlikely to return until 2023 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Every time we played hibs and had Boyle he was there only threat and put us to the sword a couple of times. If people can’t look past that and see there’s a player that would compliment our front three that’s even sadder. 

Only if we played him the way they did, balls over the top for him. We could currently do that with Gino and Forrest if we wanted to. 
The Saudis will be wanting a fair chunk of the fee they’ve paid to Hibs back, or at the least the next instalment be cancelled if he goes back to ER. 
Can’t see him wanting to come here either, can you imagine the stick his wife would receive?
No harm thinking outside the box though 👍🏽👏🏾

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Think he's out till around Christmas mate but I could be wrong. The break for the world cup should at least allow him a mini pre season almost. Be brilliant to have him back.

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He also said he wants a squad of 23, up from 21 last season. Discounting youngsters we have ;- 

Gordon

Stewart

Kingsley 

Cochrane

Rowes

Halkett

Sibbick

Neilson

Smith

Atkinson

Devlin

Grant

Beni

Halliday

Haring

McEneff

McKay

GMS

Gino

Forrest

Boyce.

Thats 21 if I haven’t forgotten anyone, can’t see 6 coming in as 4 would need to leave. One striker and one RCH is probably all we will do unless GMS/Gino/McEneff leave or go on loan. 
If you believe him. 

The article in May said a squad of 24

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I don’t think anyone doubts he would make a difference for us. It’s just simply never gonna happen. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The article in May said a squad of 24

It did. But that was Mackinley, Neilson said 23. 

B2C52EE7-28F8-4727-B600-E9D48701EC89.jpeg

78828D11-E669-49B1-A715-86497C078C5E.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

MarkDevriesScores4
17 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Beni unlikely to return until 2023 

17 minutes ago, MyWay said:

Think he's out till around Christmas mate but I could be wrong. The break for the world cup should at least allow him a mini pre season almost. Be brilliant to have him back.

Cheers. Hadn’t seen any Beni talk recently so assumed he wasn’t back any time soon. 

john thomas
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t think anyone doubts he would make a difference for us. It’s just simply never gonna happen. 

Really ?

As in , no it won't happen but quite a few seem to doubt he would make a difference 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It did. But that was Mackinley, Neilson said 23. 

B2C52EE7-28F8-4727-B600-E9D48701EC89.jpeg

78828D11-E669-49B1-A715-86497C078C5E.jpeg

He contradicts himself there by saying we want the squad to increase to 24 and then in the last sentence it is 23.

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

you are a complete saddo harping on about a player that had the upper hand on our players maybe 1 season at the most, and even then we were in turmoil. Where was he in the 3-1 ER pumping? Where was he in the covid Semi final? Where was majority of the time he played hearts because he's hardly shown up. He's fast, that's all. Not the quality we want, rotten team affiliation, not what we employ. Create an account on HIbs net if you want to chat about Hibs players.

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He contradicts himself there by saying we want the squad to increase to 24 and then in the last sentence it is 23.

Far more likely that EEN have ****ed it rather than Robbie to be fair. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The first one was Mackinley in May, the second was Neilson. As it’s the manager making that choice I think we have to go with his opinion over what the Scarlet pimpernel thinks or believes. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Really ?

As in , no it won't happen but quite a few seem to doubt he would make a difference 

Do you not think he would? 

Maroon tinted or not he single handedly destroyed Rangers a few times for them. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

23/24.

Who the **** cares, we might even end up with 25.

Hardly a science. 

Contradicts himself 😂😂

I reckon 2 or 3 will leave and ell get another 5/6 in. 

Happy days. 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Far more likely that EEN have ****ed it rather than Robbie to be fair. 

The article ws quoting McKinlay but the EEN are pathetic generally.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

23/24.

Who the **** cares, we might even end up with 25.

Hardly a science. 

Contradicts himself 😂😂

I reckon 2 or 3 will leave and ell get another 5/6 in. 

Happy days. 

I care especially if that one player happens to be a striker we are missing.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The article ws quoting McKinlay but the EEN are pathetic generally.

I didn't read it, just assumed it was RN but aye its probably them reporting it wrongly rather than anyone at Hearts having said two different numbers in one interview. 

john thomas
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you not think he would? 

Maroon tinted or not he single handedly destroyed Rangers a few times for them. 

Of course he would . Diving , hibby whatever , he's a good footballer .

I was referring to your comment 'don't think anyone doubts he would make a difference' 

Many on here do

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Of course he would . Diving , hibby whatever , he's a good footballer .

I was referring to your comment 'don't think anyone doubts he would make a difference' 

Many on here do

Ok

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Everton are more than skint

They are skint but if they get £75M in for Richardlison and their takeover is successful, they'll be spending some money. Which is good for us.

The Black Prince
1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Very odd post this...

Martin Boyle played for years for Hibs and how many have made the transition across town? Not many I'll bet.

Boyle has done well for the Oz NT after being surrounded by better players than he's used to at Hibs and got noticed in Asia. He's gone to (I think) the Saudi league for a life-changing amount of money, and there's no way any Scottish club will be able to match his wages.

Hibs player though. Why would you want him?

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I care especially if that one player happens to be a striker we are missing.

Aye, that's how it works. 

We'll hit a number and go-"we're full, cannae get that striker now". 

😂😂

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Black Prince said:

Very odd post this...

Martin Boyle played for years for Hibs and how many have made the transition across town? Not many I'll bet.

Boyle has done well for the Oz NT after being surrounded by better players than he's used to at Hibs and got noticed in Asia. He's gone to (I think) the Saudi league for a life-changing amount of money, and there's no way any Scottish club will be able to match his wages.

Hibs player though. Why would you want him?

Paul Hartley used to be a Hibs player. 

The Black Prince
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

As I said... not many.

Honestly, folk are mental with this Boyle chat.

1.We are definitely not remotely interested in trying to sign him.

2.There is no chance we could afford him. 

3.He wouldn't come to us.

I expect another 5 or 6 in, and of a higher standard than what we already have. I think we will move a couple on also. 

Nothing suggests to me that the players we have brought in so far, will take us any further forward, or to a slightly higher level. More of a squad increase up until now.

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

PADDY

LANE

Fleetwood value him around a million quid, I can't see that happening, especially when West Ham are sniffing, we can't compete with clubs that size. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hartley wasn't good for Hibs though 

In any case Boyle is on too much money, unless he went to Saudi Arabia for the culture and lifestyle. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Hartley wasn't good for Hibs though 

In any case Boyle is on too much money, unless he went to Saudi Arabia for the culture and lifestyle. 

Aye, signing a player that was good is Bawz. 

Let's hope the next player we sign from them was  shite 🙄

Agreed, but things change. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Any transfer news?

7D982148-90CB-47ED-B331-D17D1D6AE562.gif

Paddy Lane story has some legs in it. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, signing player that was good is Bawz. 

Let's hope the next player we sign from them was  shite 🙄

Agreed, but things change. 

Not sure your first point really works, see Paul Hartley.

Fair enough. I doubt we've signed a successful Hibs player since Gordon Smith. And Boyle is certainly not on that level 😂

4 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Any transfer news?

7D982148-90CB-47ED-B331-D17D1D6AE562.gif

Nope we're no signing anymore until the end of window apparently 

Shut thread down and we'll come back the end of July 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Calm down lol he is a wee bit better than that. Could still play in the Scottish Prem no problem at all. Just not for us. Not ever. Not even if there was a fire.

If Martin Boyle had the pace of say Olly Lee, do you think he would be anywhere near the player he is? No is the answer. 

He has improved parts of his game over the years i.e final ball/finishing but he needs his pace to get him there in the first place. Actual footballing ability is very limited.

18 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Although the business that’s been done is excellent, we’re still not any closer to beating rangers and Celtic more often than we do already. I’m hopeful that upcoming signings will be of that calibre tho

What we need to be doing is extending the gap between us and those below us - not necessarily overstretching to try to reach the Glasgow teams...

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***