*** The official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee FC Wednesday 09/02/2022 KO 7:45***

Scott980612

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Almost like its drummed into them as 1st option. Always thought passing back was the last option to prevent losing possession.

1st thought should always be look forward,look to create.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Ahh Ginnelly the man that cant cross.

Why he isnt forced to hit 150 crosses every training session is beyond me.

I think he got one decent one in.

There were plenty deserving more criticism tonight though.

None of our players put good crosses in, it’s been a problem for two seasons, to play a system that requires wingbacks who can cross seems a crazy. 
The crossing drills they do with metal dummies instead of attack v defence is amateurish. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

It’s ok being in possession and keeping it but it gets to a point that you have to score goals or it’s completely pointless.

Yeah no end product 👍

Half arsed effort and desire. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s down to the personnel not the system. 3 at the back allows an extra man in midfield, it should be more offensive than 4 at the back bit we need the right players to make it effective. Don’t know if Atkinson was injured (or just pish at Ibrox) but tonight should have been his type of game, likewise McEnnef.  These two players played in the wrong game on Sunday instead. 

Nate was unwell.

It's the fear of being the player that loses possession. I think beni has the ability to make the forward passes and we have seen glimpses of it. His problem is he seems to look more for the backwards pass just to keep the ball. 

The lack of forward runs from midfield also doesn't help but we don't know what they are being asked to do by Robbie. 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

The tippy tappy passing sideways and backwards is driving me crazy!!

Same, we are so slow at going forward  it drives me mad, it gives defences time to get themselves into a shape, I don’t want us to play the long ball but to many players going forward would rather stop and play a safety ball back or sideways rather than try and thread a ball through or get it behind the defence.

PortonianJambo
1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

Haring is finished fact.smith is finished fact.as is Halliday.the player we missed tonight is the same oneceverybodys been having a pop at lately .wee devlin.a million percent.

I’ve said it before, I like Devlin.He’s tenacious, he covers back.His failings, IMO, are that he doesn’t pass the ball forward enough, and seems to get mixed up in any flare up for no reason.But yes, I’d rather have him in the team than out of it.He gives the team some energy.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah no end product 👍

Half arsed effort and desire. 

You hear a lot of managers saying that going forward you have to be brave…we aren’t.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, jackal said:

It's the fear of being the player that loses possession. I think beni has the ability to make the forward passes and we have seen glimpses of it. His problem is he seems to look more for the backwards pass just to keep the ball. 

The lack of forward runs from midfield also doesn't help but we don't know what they are being asked to do by Robbie. 

Think they are doing what they are told. The manager happy to see the same things 70 minutes often before like for like changes(clearly not tonight when we changed shape)(and got worse).

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Can see tonight why Haring has been benched, he was awful and lucky not to give away a penalty. The subs finished us, take our best player off and brings on Woodburn who yet again does nothing. 

He was shocking. Hate to say it but absolutely rank.  
Gordon as well looked below par which is a concern.

robbies substitutions were baffling to say the least.

every side has a blip hopefully that’s ours and it’s done. 
I said prematch this wouldn’t be easy because now we are at the business end of the season these sides fight for everything. We didn’t match that by a long shot which is very concerning

You hear a lot of managers saying that going forward you have to be brave…we aren’t.

Is that player's or managers though? 

Probably but of both to be fair.

I personally think a best Hearts is on the front foot in you're faces pressing, you see a reaction from stands when player's are giving 100%.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The players or Robbie or both?

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I personally think a best Hearts is on the front foot in you're faces pressing, you see a reaction from stands when player's are giving 100%.

The front 3 have to press as a 3,as one unit.They don’t do that…Boyce can’t press as he’s not got a quick burst of speed.

Just now, Thomaso said:

The players or Robbie or both?

I said both a minute ago but in fact the players need to take it upon themselves to be brave even if it means misplacing a pass etc.

I waited for the Robbie press release on Twitter as I just wanted him to say it was his fault. He canny even do that. No offence but his management techniques are like trying not to get dog shit on your shoes walking in an over crowded dog pen. Unacceptable mate. Today was a reminder that he might not be the man for us. If we don’t beat Livvy he can do one and take Moore & Halliday with him. Inexcusable. 

image.jpeg.15d7c9a5613198cb65b8b647ee85d08a.jpeg

cardboardcutout
1 hour ago, ERJEAN51 said:

Piss poor, found it difficult to break them down due to them having so many men behind the ball. Adam was lucky to still be on the park with his fouls and antics.

Ginelly is useless, looks like he’s about to start greeting every time he loses the ball, shoots wide or slices the ball out the park. Heart of a mouse, no wonder Halliday was raging getting subbed for him.

Never got the hype over Haring, never will.

Plenty possession but no penetration, playing like crabs going sideways all the time, pass backs to Gordon from the centre circle.

They perhaps got lucky with their goals, but so did we, their keeper made an arse of it.

Boooo.

Agree! Moore is not up to it and Woodburn is ironically never on fire! Fortunately for us we seem to be the cream of the crap! 

28 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Anyone else driven mad by Beni being the more attacking midfielder and Haring the defensive one? ****ing hell, big Beni fan but he doesn't/can't shoot or run at players, should've been McEneff in his place the way we were wanting him to play.

Yes, absolutely. Beni and Haring both have quality in their own right but they do not work well together. I'm not much of a McEneff fan but I can't really argue with this. Haring + McEneff would have been better.

24 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

You could be right about Haring, but I wouldn't say it affected his play tonight.  He was just 1 of many who had no urgency or guile about them, especially in the 2nd half.    Another 2  "almost" goals tonight, added to ones against Motherwell  and a few other opponents recently - last minute clearances/tackles on the goal-line when it looks certain we'll score.   

We've seen 100's of  clueless performances like tonight from Hearts teams over several  decades.   Fans of other teams probably feel the same when their team huffs & puffs its way to unexpected defeat, but that's no consolation.

Robbie's job might be on the line if our form stutters to the point of failing to finish 3rd. 

Can't argue with that. As long as he sees out 3rd he will be safe as he should be, although a cup win or at least a final would do a lot to get the fans onside. But if he slips at this point that's really concerning.

12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Smith still isnt the answer at RWB, Atkinson was ill so clearly would have started otherwise.

Several key players missing isnt helping us but the ones that played can and should do better.

Smith is limited going forward at RWB but I would say we missed him terribly tonight. Robbie has several players who are his field marshals and pull the squad back together. Smith, Halkett, and to a lesser degree Souttar and Halliday. Smith always makes himself available when teams press our midfielders and it means a sideways pass rather than a back pass and means opponents have to fall back, which helps us get forward.

We had a lot of those field marshals missing or limited tonight and I think it really hurt.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

I waited for the Robbie press release on Twitter as I just wanted him to say it was his fault. He canny even do that. No offence but his management techniques are like trying not to get dog shit on your shoes walking in an over crowded dog pen. Unacceptable mate. Today was a reminder that he might not be the man for us. If we don’t beat Livvy he can do one and take Moore & Halliday with him. Inexcusable. 

Can anyone recall Robbie ever accepting any responsibility by saying I got things wrong or even we got things wrong. The pitch, the weather, the players, the officials of course, and ramblings about the need to convert chances and not concede goals but never any issue with selection of the starting 11 and subs or the formation or tactics. I don't expect self flagellation after every bad result but just the occasional admission that he might have learnt something from failure. 

31 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

his management techniques are like trying not to get dog shit on your shoes walking in an over crowded dog pen.

:rofl:

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dundee are 3 points coser to Hibs 

So?

Dundee United are 3 points closer to us.

Robbie said in his interview there were too many sideways passes etc then why did he not bring on a midfielder whose instinct to play forward?! 
weird playing McEneff on Sunday from nowhere but not in today’s game where there was more chance of making an impact? 
i don’t get the reasoning

33 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

his management techniques are like trying not to get dog shit on your shoes walking in an over crowded dog pen.

:rofl:

Without resurrecting the "Robbie must go" topic, I really think he has to look at himself and accept that much of this malaise is down to him and  both his tactics, training, subs and management style.

Frankly as we surrendered the equaliser we  lost the plot (similarly to Sunday) and were like headless chickens.  And this against the bottom team.

Not for the first time .......Motherwell and Aberdeen but at least they were away games.

Accepted we have decent players but these capitulations are unacceptable.

Tonight his team selection yet again showed players being played out of position and his decisions on substitutions were mystifying.

On Sunday he declined to accept that not playing Ellis from the start was a mistake and he threw on three subs that were never going to hep us turn the game.

He is obsessed with his own way and will never acknowledge that at times he may be wrong.

Our playing style is slow and lethargic and tonight for most of the game were were second for every ball.

Witness McPake on the touch line egging on his players, whilst Robbie sits in the dugout oblivious to the shambols going on around him.

Those who will defend his record should consider this - we are where we are mainly because team below us keep being beaten.

Joe Savage's hope of winning the league may just be hype, but even splitting the old firm seems a pipe dream and will certainly never be possible under Robbie.

We need a radical reassessment of our management and the way we play if we are to progress. 

22 minutes ago, topsport said:

Robbie said in his interview there were too many sideways passes etc then why did he not bring on a midfielder whose instinct to play forward?! 
weird playing McEneff on Sunday from nowhere but not in today’s game where there was more chance of making an impact? 

There's no reasoning! 🤷

23 minutes ago, topsport said:

You're not alone my friend.

4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Without resurrecting the "Robbie must go" topic, I really think he has to look at himself and accept that much of this malaise is down to him and  both his tactics, training, subs and management style.

Frankly as we surrendered the equaliser we  lost the plot (similarly to Sunday) and were like headless chickens.  And this against the bottom team.

Not for the first time .......Motherwell and Aberdeen but at least they were away games.

Accepted we have decent players but these capitulations are unacceptable.

Tonight his team selection yet again showed players being played out of position and his decisions on substitutions were mystifying.

On Sunday he declined to accept that not playing Ellis from the start was a mistake and he threw on three subs that were never going to hep us turn the game.

He is obsessed with his own way and will never acknowledge that at times he may be wrong.

Our playing style is slow and lethargic and tonight for most of the game were were second for every ball.

Witness McPake on the touch line egging on his players, whilst Robbie sits in the dugout oblivious to the shambols going on around him.

Those who will defend his record should consider this - we are where we are mainly because team below us keep being beaten.

Joe Savage's hope of winning the league may just be hype, but even splitting the old firm seems a pipe dream and will certainly never be possible under Robbie.

We need a radical reassessment of our management and the way we play if we are to progress. 

So who do we bring in?What formation do we play that suits the players we have?

Just back from the game. Probably best I don’t say too much. But raging doesn’t even cover that result tonight.

Edited by D4nny_

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s amazing how many times either the wing backs or central midfielders receive the ball and instead of turning,getting their heads up and looking for a forward pass automatically pass it sideways or backwards.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Almost like its drummed into them as 1st option. Always thought passing back was the last option to prevent losing possession.

The only guy who does like to turn & run at defenders is Barrie McKay. He sticks out a mile in this team.

1 minute ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The only guy who does like to turn & run at defenders is Barrie McKay. He sticks out a mile in this team.

Correct,the only one of the front 3 I would keep going into next season.

Is it over complicating things or stubbornness? 
as for letting walker go, that’s another weird one - even if he can’t last for the whole 90, He was about the only one we had who could take the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to drive forward, he could even score goals in open play which shockingly few of our squad seem capable of 

Side to side or backwards possession football gives me unpleasant flashbacks to some of the dips in last season 

It’s asking for trouble 

1 hour ago, Kev1998 said:

Haring is finished fact.smith is finished fact.as is Halliday.the player we missed tonight is the same oneceverybodys been having a pop at lately .wee devlin.a million percent.

Said that to my mates that I felt tonight was a game the wee man could have made a real contribution.

Game should have been comfortably wrapped up after going 1-0 yet ended up another night where everything that could  go wrong, did.

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Agree re McKay 

Scoring just isn’t happening so far though 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Can anyone recall Robbie ever accepting any responsibility by saying I got things wrong or even we got things wrong. The pitch, the weather, the players, the officials of course, and ramblings about the need to convert chances and not concede goals but never any issue with selection of the starting 11 and subs or the formation or tactics. I don't expect self flagellation after every bad result but just the occasional admission that he might have learnt something from failure. 

Never has and never will. As stubborn and adamant thar his tactics are always right, just like his mentor, with every excuse in the book. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

It's a really interesting point you make whereby genuinely I can not remember once in either spell, Robbie taking full responsibility for pathetic displays, of which there have been a few....never once, according to him, have we/him never played/prepared poorly in a game and he doesn't seem to accept how poor he has been either....quite astounding lack of acceptance re failings....

Just now, GavK1012 said:

It's a really interesting point you make whereby genuinely I can not remember once in either spell, Robbie taking full responsibility for pathetic displays, of which there have been a few....never once, according to him, have we/him never played/prepared poorly in a game and he doesn't seem to accept how poor he has been either....quite astounding lack of acceptance re failings....

It's down to bad squad depth we lost according to some on here. 

So Savage has done a shit job recruitment wise, and we don't have the best squad available to us in years. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dundee United aren't Hibs.

If you want to be obsessed by the vermin, that's your call.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Here's the team we should be playing v Livi in the cup following the 1/9 point run over the last week or so.

Gordon

Atkinson

Souttar

Sibbick

Kingsley

Beni

Devlin

Gino

McEneff

McKay

Simms

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If you want to be obsessed by the vermin, that's your call.

You got thatr ight and wrong.  I'm obseesed with my absolute hatred of cruelty in all it's forms.  I would never call Hivs the vermin.  

It is my call however to express my views.  That's the bit you got right.

Out thought by McPake 😂😂 out fought by the worse side in the league 😂😂

allowing Scumdee off the bottom of the table, the club that fecked us over, the club with the morality of rats. 😡😡😡

highlandjambo3

GMS on with about 15 minutes to go……I said he wouldn’t even kick the ball………..was I right?  I didn’t see him touch the ball.

After going to watch us at Easter road and again yesterday the thought of travelling another 100+ miles on Saturday to watch these absolute charlatans and useless manager is seriously crossing my mind. I’ve bought my seat but am so pissed off this morning (thought I’d feel better than last night by no)

44 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

GMS on with about 15 minutes to go……I said he wouldn’t even kick the ball………..was I right?  I didn’t see him touch the ball.

It wasn’t the weather for a snowflake to come on and try to change the game. One of the weirdest decisions by our master tactician 

Edited by 1971fozzy

8 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Haring was as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike last night. He is most definitely one to allow to go and he can take Halliday with him.  Haring was so off it I was embarrassed. Their first goal he was roasted. Schoolboy stuff. Sad but there’s no point in giving him a new contract when he can turn in the likes of that performance 

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Haring was as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike last night. He is most definitely one to allow to go and he can take Halliday with him.  Haring was so off it I was embarrassed. Their first goal he was roasted. Schoolboy stuff. Sad but there’s no point in giving him a new contract when he can turn in the likes of that performance 

Who was better?

Leveins Battalion

The team now has the same feel as just before Neilson left to go to MK Don's,the same old tired,slow ponderous performances and lack of motivation.

We will whimper along till the end of the season and then rinse and repeat.

We need a fresh approach now,the performances are worse than the results and even though we have season tickets we can't  be arsed going just now.