*** The official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee FC Wednesday 09/02/2022 KO 7:45***

Scott980612

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

First there is no evidence that Souttar is picking and choosing his games. And if he was that would be down to our manager for allowing it. Second if we have well paid professional footballers who either imagine it or react to it by going in the huff then Souttar is not the problem.

Halliday was in a huff tonight over being subbed

Surely not, a well paid professional would do that he should just accept the situation with a cheery grin😏

Well paid people are also human

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

Losing to Dundee - a club I hate with a passion after the vote fiasco.

Losing to James McPake at Tynecastle.

:seething:

Letting a Dundee team rooted to the bottom of the league and without a win in 9 games stroll into Gorgie and take 3 points. 

Hang your heads in shame Hearts - you have let everyone down tonight. 

Saturday = Must Win

Edited by Silvery_Moon

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Seems it’s you that doesn’t understand that you need the right players to play a certain system. I also understand that square pegs don’t fit into round holes, do you?

Ahh you’re now saying we’ve got players in attacking positions who aren’t good enough or weren’t good enough tonight. That’s a whole different thing from saying we only had 3 players in attacking positions, and I agree they weren’t good enough and probably never really will be

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Not sure why folk are raging about 3 at the back.

Haring lost his man and we gave up a sloppy own goal. We switched a back 4 and a slow game came to a shuddering halt and they got another.

Probably because 3 at the back requires wing backs and we don't have any. We also don't need 3 central defenders against a team bottom of the league.

It also wasn't Harings man for the second. He runs passed Beni then Haring chases him into the the box, it goes wide and then Moore is having 40 winks at right back.

The formation and tactics (if there were any) tonight we're shambolic, stemming from 3 at the back with the players we had available.

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We'll still finish third and we can fix the problems in summer

I'm not convinced we will finish 3rd! If a shit Dundee team can beat us then every other team will fancy it too. 

1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Letting a Dundee team rooted to the bottom of the league and without a win in 9 games stroll into Gorgie and take 3 points. 

Sunday = Must Win

We won’t win on Sunday. I would stake my life on it

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What a crock of shit. It’s called stating the bleeding obvious. If you can’t see tonight was a shambles then there is not much anybody on here can comment seriously about.

Where did I say it wasn't a shambles?!?

If your going to call my posts a crock of shit at least:

1) read them 

2) understand what the word disaster means

16 minutes ago, Tales1874 said:

Still need to collect the points that get you to 3rd. I’d much rather be in our position than these other clubs that have been worse. I’m in no way trying to defend these recent performances but the constant pressure we put on our manager is baffling at times. If we’re such a poor squad and we’re 3rd we should be counting our blessings not berating our own players/staff and fans

Fortunately Craig Gordon has earned us a large amount of those points this season. Without him we may still be 3rd but a lot closer to 4th than we are now. 

If Aberdeen or even Hibs had got their act together it would be even closer. 

Yes points are important but accepting mediocre football week in week out with baffling team selections and tactics every week is what we are going to get we won't improve. 

When Robbie first came in we played decent football, got promoted then suddenly became boring. 

PhoenixHearts
8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Harings chance of a new contract evaporated tonight 

Nonsense. He absolutely had a ropey second half todsy but he's put in decent performances all season.

Devlin has played a few shite games in a row but we haven't given up on him, have we? Get some perspective. Devlin will come back and put in a decent shift, as will Haring. These things happen and they're annoying when they do but I would never hold one half against a player to that extent.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Probably because 3 at the back requires wing backs and we don't have any. We also don't need 3 central defenders against a team bottom of the league.

It also wasn't Harings man for the second. He runs passed Beni then Haring chases him into the the box, it goes wide and then Moore is having 40 winks at right back.

The formation and tactics (if there were any) tonight we're shambolic, stemming from 3 at the back with the players we had available.

The goal I was referring to Haring losing his man on was the first goal.

The second came after we had switched to a back 4. On the second, the ball went past Beni, yes, and Haring kind of lightly jogged over in his direction to have a chat or something, causing Souttar to come over to make the sliding block. That opened up a hole at the back and instead of covering Moore was having a fine time counting the blades of grass or something.

Moore at LWB was just mediocre because he offered nothing going forward but wasn't a defensive liability. In the back 4 he had more defensive responsibilites and he shat it.

Just now, daavojaay said:

Lol the Dundee manager going on about being on his knees and taking big cocks. 

And souttar has a stalker loves watching him on his knees only from Dundee eh

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Maybe so, and one of those games may very well result in disaster; it still doesn't make tonight's game a disaster though. 

We should have replaced Neilson in the summer imo. We didn't and he's delivering. He's still not the man to take us forward though, but that's not solely due to tonight. It was absolute tosh though.

We agree he's not the man to take us forward, despite doing a decent job (like Mcinnes at Aberdeen).  It's annoying though, because we should be doing better.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Nonsense. He absolutely had a ropey second half todsy but he's put in decent performances all season.

Devlin has played a few shite games in a row but we haven't given up on him, have we? Get some perspective. Devlin will come back and put in a decent shift, as will Haring. These things happen and they're annoying when they do but I would never hold one half against a player to that extent.

The rumors are that Haring doesn't want to stay on and wants to go back to the continent. I'm a wide ocean away from ITK but tonight it sure didn't look like his heart was in it.

I'm calming down after how mad I was in the second half and winding my neck in but while I'd offer him a new contract it wouldn't be for a big chunk of change.

14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They didn't really have a go though.We were piss poor and sloppy 2nd half.

Exactly. I’m completely shell shocked that we lost that game. 

should have comfortably been two up in the first half and even when Dundee equalised out of nowhere I thought we would win. 

Two good chances just after they equakised didnt go in and then it became incredibly sloppy amd scrappy. 

Tonight I think was just one of these games in a season, but what is more worrying is that we have not put in a complete performance since the Dundee Utd game at Tynie months ago. 

Total pish. Was worried with that team. Taylor Moore not a wing back. Too many square pegs in round holes. It’s either simms or Boyce not both. Subs baffling also

You have to expect games like this in a season but the lack of urgency wasn’t great. At times Halliday looked like the only one who really cared.

As for Moore, he has no attacking quality whatsoever. Looks clueless whenever he crosses halfway and has no weak foot in tight situations.

Surely he can’t keep playing that kind of role - I actually felt quite sorry for him at times.

Saturday is huge now.

The goal I was referring to Haring losing his man on was the first goal.

Apologies, I read it like you meant it separately from the OG one.

The second came after we had switched to a back 4. On the second, the ball went past Beni, yes, and Haring kind of lightly jogged over in his direction to have a chat or something, causing Souttar to come over to make the sliding block. That opened up a hole at the back and instead of covering Moore was having a fine time counting the blades of grass or something.

Moore at LWB was just mediocre because he offered nothing going forward but wasn't a defensive liability. In the back 4 he had more defensive responsibilites and he shat it.

Moore seems like a nice guy but I just don't think he's good enough sadly. 

I'm not wild keen on Atkinson (yet, of course as it's very early days) or Cochrane but they at least have the engine to get up and down and pose an attacking threat. Halliday is a threat but he's slow and Moore just isn't an attacker by any stretch of the imagination. The players available to us tonight and the opposition in front of us should never have seen 3 at the back and wing backs imo.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Ahh you’re now saying we’ve got players in attacking positions who aren’t good enough or weren’t good enough tonight. That’s a whole different thing from saying we only had 3 players in attacking positions, and I agree they weren’t good enough and probably never really will be

Finally you seem to be getting my original post that you took exception to. I wasn’t talking about the system / positions - it was the players I was talking about. You can have players in attacking positions but if they’re defenders it isn’t likely to work very well.  Perfect example of it tonight with Halliday and Moore.  

wattie exploited

After the hammering on Sunday the least you expect is the team to come out with a bit fight about them 

Where are the leaders in the team  all our players just looked  terrible tonight and to get beat off a team who hasn't won in 9 games is a @ucking joke 

RN tactics are pure second rate ,our midfield was terrible cant pass a ball, and Boyce was utter gash !2

we have been really lucky the last 3 weeks that all the teams just below us have all lost our our 10 point gap would be around 1 or 2 points now -

5 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Lol the Dundee manager going on about being on his knees and taking big cocks. 

He was clearly enjoying himself which did nothing for my mood, has Robbie spoken yet?

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Halliday was in a huff tonight over being subbed

Surely not, a well paid professional would do that he should just accept the situation with a cheery grin😏

Well paid people are also human

He was right to be annoyed and to show it. It is different from downing tools or allowing your performance to be affected by real or imaginary slights or favouratism. We all have to.put up with them and get on with the job.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Total pish. Was worried with that team. Taylor Moore not a wing back. Too many square pegs in round holes. It’s either simms or Boyce not both. Subs baffling also

Sending on Woodburn and GMS was the final straw for me! Did they actually touch the ball FFS you just knew they would contribute the square root of feck all. They really need emptied!

30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, it's annoying me. 

It's like we are experimenting during the match. 

I’m going to use Liverpool as an example…(tin hat on),Mane isn’t a winger and Salah isn’t a winger…when playing 3-4-3 the front 3 are forwards and all 3 (Mane,Jota and Salah) contribute with goals.I like to look at them as 3 forwards and not two wingers and a centre forward.

The bottom line is the forwards don’t score nearly enough goals…

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Finally you seem to be getting my original post that you took exception to. I wasn’t talking about the system / positions - it was the players I was talking about. You can have players in attacking positions but if they’re defenders it isn’t likely to work very well.  Perfect example of it tonight with Halliday and Moore.  

Aye okay we’ll leave it there mate and agree to disagree. Just arguing for arguings sake now

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sending on Woodburn and GMS was the final straw for me! Did they actually touch the ball FFS you just knew they would contribute the square root of feck all. They really need emptied!

Yeah, the 2 late subs were the problem tonight.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not wild keen on Atkinson (yet, of course as it's very early days) or Cochrane but they at least have the engine to get up and down and pose an attacking threat. Halliday is a threat but he's slow and Moore just isn't an attacker by any stretch of the imagination. The players available to us tonight and the opposition in front of us should never have seen 3 at the back and wing backs imo.

Moore slowed everything down when he got the ball. Never a wing back in a million years!

3 minutes ago, gavvy said:

We agree he's not the man to take us forward, despite doing a decent job (like Mcinnes at Aberdeen).  It's annoying though, because we should be doing better.

I think our squad is quite good but I think there's more to get from them though and I don't think Neilson can find it.

When people talk about the gulf in finances to the old firm, I ask myself 'with Celtics squad, would Neilson win the league?'

I don't think he would, and I don't think he'd be close either.

In the same way you sign better players as you move up, you should look to sign better managers too imo. 

Despite us arguing, I think we're on the same page. I'm just accepting that 3rd being the best we can get and if we get it, no matter the bad games, then I'll take it as it allows us to build. Tonight was properly rank though.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Moore at RWB after his last 2 outings. Wow! Drunk in charge!

Totally out of his depth.He never wanted to venture forward as soon as he got passed the half way line he just wanted to turn back whenever he got the ball.Was Atkinson injured ? 

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The rumors are that Haring doesn't want to stay on and wants to go back to the continent. I'm a wide ocean away from ITK but tonight it sure didn't look like his heart was in it.

I'm calming down after how mad I was in the second half and winding my neck in but while I'd offer him a new contract it wouldn't be for a big chunk of change.

If that's the way it is then so be it. 

If he wants to go home to Austria or something then I'll be okay with it. Would love for him to get a contract with his boyhood Rapid.

I just know how much he's went on record as loving Edinburgh and Scotland so my worst nightmare is him signing with another club here.

I feel like along with Michael Smith nobody on this team deserves to experience Europe quite like him, only because they've put in the time and are the longest tenured players left in the squad.

Hopefully of he's leaving he can part with a cup win 😔

Just now, Gambo said:

Yeah, the 2 late subs were the problem tonight.

I’m not saying they were THE problem! There were problems all over the pitch! I was replying to a poster’s comments on the substitutions.

jack D and coke
Just now, Thomaso said:

Moore slowed everything down when he got the ball. Never a wing back in a million years!

I notice the lack of movement all the time. Even at throw ins we look really static, I’m not saying Moore played well but I find our lack of movement a big issue for anyone looking for a forward pass. He’s looking for things and nowt is happening in front of him. Not just him obviously. 

DOON THE ROAD
15 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Saturday = Must Win

100% correct 

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I admire your staying power , he lost me when he put that useless twat Ginelly on .

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If you’re suggesting we don’t need 3 at the back at home to Dundee why would we need 4? 

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Fingers crossed that is true.

I've thought he has been a liability for weeks. He slows play down, demanding the ball all the time but incapable of doing anything progressive with it. The accuracy of his passing is getting worse by the week. He also seems to have lost the ability to break up play.

The game against St Johnstone after the winter break I thought that he was giving away an awful lot of ball and slowing down attacks. Against Celtic the game passed him by, he seemed to be lost and was a big part of Celtic midfielders finding themselves in acres of space. He spent a lot of the first half of that game arguing with teammates.

Today was another level of bad. Diabolical in every aspect.

I used to think he was a great player but has lost a couple of yards of pace in the body and in the mind.

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Not sure why folk are raging about 3 at the back.

Haring lost his man and we gave up a sloppy own goal. We switched a back 4 and a slow game came to a shuddering halt and they got another.

Exactly. Folk want us to attack and 3 at the back gets us making chances. I’d rather that than what was served up with a back 4. We offer nothing with a back 4. 

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’m going to use Liverpool as an example…(tin hat on),Mane isn’t a winger and Salah isn’t a winger…when playing 3-4-3 the front 3 are forwards and all 3 (Mane,Jota and Salah) contribute with goals.I like to look at them as 3 forwards and not two wingers and a centre forward.

The bottom line is the forwards don’t score nearly enough goals…

They are inverted wingers.Only Jota can really play right across the line.They are all fecking goal machines though.That midfield three of Liverpool put in a shift and a half every game as well though and all can pass the ball forward very well.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

I admire your staying power , he lost me when he put that useless twat Ginelly on .

At least Ginnelly had a go and was involved - as usual GMS and Woodburn were like stuffed dummies!

18 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He was ****ing shit all game tonight utterly honking….and thats coming from someone who likes him.

Edited by Jamboelite

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye okay we’ll leave it there mate and agree to disagree. Just arguing for arguings sake now

I’ve no idea what you’re even disagreeing about now - your last post  even agreed with me ffs!  Unless of course you’re still arguing that Taylor Moore is an attack minded player and I’m still going to call that out as complete shite!

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I notice the lack of movement all the time. Even at throw ins we look really static, I’m not saying Moore played well but I find our lack of movement a big issue for anyone looking for a forward pass. He’s looking for things and nowt is happening in front of him. Not just him obviously. 

Yep I said that at the game - there was no energy or movement in the team tonight.

If it doesn’t go to plan we look lost.  There doesn’t look to be a comeback in us. 

The last couple of games v teams other than the old firm has highlighted how much there’s an imbalance in the type of player we can call on to be more flexible.  There’s also a lack of self responsibility or players bringing their own intelligence to the game when we need something different to open up teams. 

We are still crying out for a proper, attacking midfielder. Not wingers playing centrally.  

Im also starting to think how wasted Kingsley is in a back 3. He’s a very good player who should be a marauding left back getting into the opponents half. 

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’m not saying they were THE problem! There were problems all over the pitch! I was replying to a poster’s comments on the substitutions.

👍

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

At least Ginnelly had a go and was involved - as usual GMS and Woodburn were like stuffed dummies!

He's quick and he gives a shit, perhaps if he was coached better? The other two are wasters.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ahh Ginnelly the man that cant cross.

Why he isnt forced to hit 150 crosses every training session is beyond me.

I think he got one decent one in.

There were plenty deserving more criticism tonight though.

Edited by Jamboelite

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Exactly. Folk want us to attack and 3 at the back gets us making chances. I’d rather that than what was served up with a back 4. We offer nothing with a back 4. 

The trouble with 3 at the back tonight was that it required us to play Moore at RWB. Tonight was a great example of how Smith is nowhere near as bad an attacking player as people believe.

The team looked mentally and physically drained. The harder they tried the worse they got. A lot of players have lost belief in their own ability. A massive shake up is needed. Everyone has to stand up and be counted