*** The official Heart of Midlothian vs Dundee FC Wednesday 09/02/2022 KO 7:45***

Scott980612

Just now, Thomaso said:

Yep I said that at the game - there was no energy or movement in the team tonight.

First half was fine, 2nd half was poor.  You are on a hiding to nothing as a defender if you look up and hardly see an option to hit. Moore did waste some balls but he also wasn’t helped by static team mates in the 2nd period. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Harry Potter

• Geoff Kilpatrick

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They are inverted wingers.Only Jota can really play right across the line.They are all fecking goal machines though.That midfield three of Liverpool put in a shift and a half every game as well though and all can pass the ball forward very well.

So what’s the reason we can’t play with inverted wingers,just need to get in a decent left footed forward and another (central)forward.

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Exactly. Folk want us to attack and 3 at the back gets us making chances. I’d rather that than what was served up with a back 4. We offer nothing with a back 4. 

Not sure that 3 at the back really does get us chances though when we play Moore and Halliday as the wingbacks and 2 defensive midfield players. 

Formation didn't cost us the goals tonight but the players in that formation contributed to a turgid performance lacking in creativity. 

Can we get the pyjama man back with his golden rods.

"Sorry Liam but the aura I'm getting is you couldn't hit a barn door with a shovel so stay home today"

Just now, Jamboelite said:

Ahh Ginnelly the man that cant cross.

Why he isnt forced to hit 150 crosses every training session is beyond me.

I think he got one decent one in.

Yes I totally agree but my comments were related to the performance of the subs. Compared to GMS and Woodburn, Ginnelly was fantastic! 🤪

Just now, Agentjambo said:

So what’s the reason we can’t play with inverted wingers,just need to get in a decent left footed forward and another (central)forward.

Think about it. 

9 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

If that's the way it is then so be it. 

If he wants to go home to Austria or something then I'll be okay with it. Would love for him to get a contract with his boyhood Rapid.

I just know how much he's went on record as loving Edinburgh and Scotland so my worst nightmare is him signing with another club here.

I feel like along with Michael Smith nobody on this team deserves to experience Europe quite like him, only because they've put in the time and are the longest tenured players left in the squad.

Hopefully of he's leaving he can part with a cup win 😔

Here's to that. I've generally liked the guy but wow he had me put off tonight.

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Fingers crossed that is true.

I've thought he has been a liability for weeks. He slows play down, demanding the ball all the time but incapable of doing anything progressive with it. The accuracy of his passing is getting worse by the week. He also seems to have lost the ability to break up play.

The game against St Johnstone after the winter break I thought that he was giving away an awful lot of ball and slowing down attacks. Against Celtic the game passed him by, he seemed to be lost and was a big part of Celtic midfielders finding themselves in acres of space. He spent a lot of the first half of that game arguing with teammates.

Today was another level of bad. Diabolical in every aspect.

I used to think he was a great player but has lost a couple of yards of pace in the body and in the mind.

I think a big part of the problem is Beni (particulary the utterly knackered version of Beni we saw tonight) and Haring on at the same time just doesn't work. They both want to sit back in a holding position and they don't compliment each other very well.

You can argue that Devlin is our third most skilled midfielder but I think both Haring and Beni look better when he's on the pitch because of how much disruption he causes.

As mad as I was tonight about Haring, I wouldn't be furious to see him and Devlin start against Livingston because if Beni is still that tired he's not going to be effective.

Byyy The Light
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

The trouble with 3 at the back tonight was that it required us to play Moore at RWB. Tonight was a great example of how Smith is nowhere near as bad an attacking player as people believe.

He was fine 1st half before the attacking players starting hiding. No movement for him to hit someone with a pass. Not many players in Scottish football who will face someone 1 on 1 and rip them down the line consistently. 

Agree about Smith but that’s Hearts fans. Always needing someone to have a pop at

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Yes I totally agree but my comments were related to the performance of the subs. Compared to GMS and Woodburn, Ginnelly was fantastic! 🤪

Haha true.

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, vincent vega said:

Not sure that 3 at the back really does get us chances though when we play Moore and Halliday as the wingbacks and 2 defensive midfield players. 

Formation didn't cost us the goals tonight but the players in that formation contributed to a turgid performance lacking in creativity. 

We created plenty until they scored. Final pass and poor decision making at crucial times along with bad finishing again cost us. Criminal to lose that game tonight. Very poor but we were worse after the changes 

SomethingAboutObua

Anyone else driven mad by Beni being the more attacking midfielder and Haring the defensive one? ****ing hell, big Beni fan but he doesn't/can't shoot or run at players, should've been McEneff in his place the way we were wanting him to play.

Liam Boyce's worst match by a mile, him and Simms can't play together in a 3, was like McKay had never played with Boyce today he was so out of position constantly. Also who the **** is telling Boyce to slow the game down every time we're on a counter, because I can't believe no ones screamed at him in the changing rooms about him doing it every match by now if he's not supposed to. 

I retract everything I said about wanting Moore as Souttar's replacement. 

Robbie not worried by lack of goals it seems….

“You don’t mind creating chances and not taking them but, at the other end, you have to be much more secure.”

wattie exploited

How come we get beat all the time of teams who have never won for months  and get beat off all the diddy teams ,Dundee players chased every ball  while hearts players looked like they were pulling a caravan 

our performance have been poor of late like playing well in the second half of most games Bar tonight's utter gash !!!!!!!!! :rifle:

Boyce was the worst i have ever seen him. Lost every header, no movement constantly standing still must be the easiest striker to defend against.

I wont get started on Taylor Moore needs to be sent back

13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The rumors are that Haring doesn't want to stay on and wants to go back to the continent. I'm a wide ocean away from ITK but tonight it sure didn't look like his heart was in it.

I'm calming down after how mad I was in the second half and winding my neck in but while I'd offer him a new contract it wouldn't be for a big chunk of change.

You could be right about Haring, but I wouldn't say it affected his play tonight.  He was just 1 of many who had no urgency or guile about them, especially in the 2nd half.    Another 2  "almost" goals tonight, added to ones against Motherwell  and a few other opponents recently - last minute clearances/tackles on the goal-line when it looks certain we'll score.   

We've seen 100's of  clueless performances like tonight from Hearts teams over several  decades.   Fans of other teams probably feel the same when their team huffs & puffs its way to unexpected defeat, but that's no consolation.

Robbie's job might be on the line if our form stutters to the point of failing to finish 3rd.  

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

“You don’t mind creating chances and not taking them but, at the other end, you have to be much more secure.”

More spraff from Robbie! One thing he is right on - our defence was all over the place tonight against a feckin pub team!

Your still not ITK.

Something we both agree on 😉 it's a shame you don't message more when the window is closed. 

PortonianJambo

Woodbury can head back to Liverpool whenever he wants.GMS can go wherever he wants.Moore might not be a right back/RWB, but surely he can cross a ball into the box SOMETIME!!!He never even tries to.Too often we give teams time to re-organise at the back by passing the ball too slow, across the park, back, etc, etc.Boyce needs to learn how to pass the ball, and he’s far too slow.An absolutely dire performance. Where was the desire to get 3 points further away from our nearest challengers,who all had difficult games tonight?Where was the desire to get back at the team who made sure we were back in the Championship last season?The usual Hearts performance. A second goal for us kills the game, but not much desire, apart from McKay’s chance.Beeling.

Just now, Thomaso said:

More spraff from Robbie! One thing he is right on - our defence was all over the place tonight against a feckin pub team!

Bit worrying that he thinks it’s acceptable to create chances and not score them.

Just now, Lone Striker said:

You could be right about Haring, but I wouldn't say it affected his play tonight.  He was just 1 of many who had no urgency or guile about them, especially in the 2nd half.    Another 2  "almost" goals tonight, added to ones against Motherwell  and a few other opponents recently - last minute clearances/tackles on the goal-line when it looks certain we'll score.   

We've seen 100's of  clueless performances like tonight from Hearts teams over several  decades.   Fans of other teams probably feel the same when their team huffs & puffs its way to unexpected defeat, but that's no consolation.

Robbie's job might be on the line if our form stutters to the point of failing to finish 3rd.  

Remember how we stuttered to 3rd place the last time in a league with no Rangers or Hibs - we didn’t win a game after the split. 🙄

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Something we both agree on 😉 it's a shame you don't message more when the window is closed. 

You love me really….😍

16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Fingers crossed that is true.

I've thought he has been a liability for weeks. He slows play down, demanding the ball all the time but incapable of doing anything progressive with it. The accuracy of his passing is getting worse by the week. He also seems to have lost the ability to break up play.

The game against St Johnstone after the winter break I thought that he was giving away an awful lot of ball and slowing down attacks. Against Celtic the game passed him by, he seemed to be lost and was a big part of Celtic midfielders finding themselves in acres of space. He spent a lot of the first half of that game arguing with teammates.

Today was another level of bad. Diabolical in every aspect.

I used to think he was a great player but has lost a couple of yards of pace in the body and in the mind.

I don’t say it with any glee as I like the guy, but Haring looks finished. Been saying most of the season he can’t now cope with more intense games or close attention. 

There was a clamour for him to play tonight but I didn’t see it myself? Ok, maybe entitled to a start if someone else goes off form, but that’s more down to us not having a better option rather than being an influential player we’ve missed. 

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If you’re suggesting we don’t need 3 at the back at home to Dundee why would we need 4? 

Because our 3 at the back has two primarily defensive wing backs attached to it. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Because our 3 at the back has two primarily defensive wing backs attached to it. 

Kingsley is wasted there, imo.  He’s a very good player , one of our most rounded if not the most. Our wing back set up has looked a bit ineffective lately. 

Would love to see Kingsley as a left back getting up the park. But not a wing back!

Crazy to think how comfortable we were in the first half. 70 odd percentage possession and the only team even trying to play football and attack. 

I love Barrie McKay but he and Simms need to take a lot of the blame for this embarrassment. Two golden chances that should’ve been stick-on goals not taken. Dundee wouldn’t have believed their luck only going in 1-0 down and that would’ve gave them massive encouragement.

It doesn’t take away from the absolute shitebag performance of the second half but if it went to 2 or 3-0 like it should’ve been then they’d be gone.

Our finishing all season has been WOEFUL. 

50 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They didn't really have a go though.We were piss poor and sloppy 2nd half.

I could tell looking through my fingers over my face.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Amazing insight from Robbie. Even by his standards that is a meaningless comment. You both have to convert chances and you have to be secure at the back. Otherwise you lose to the bottom club. 

5 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

We’re you in a Jack Nicholson film in 1975

Yes.

I saw you in the front row of the premier , fixing it for Saville

The longer that went on the clearer  the writing on the wall got. Honking display and with the way other results went we could have been out of sight. They better get their fingers out for Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Anyone else driven mad by Beni being the more attacking midfielder and Haring the defensive one? ****ing hell, big Beni fan but he doesn't/can't shoot or run at players, should've been McEneff in his place the way we were wanting him to play.

Liam Boyce's worst match by a mile, him and Simms can't play together in a 3, was like McKay had never played with Boyce today he was so out of position constantly. Also who the **** is telling Boyce to slow the game down every time we're on a counter, because I can't believe no ones screamed at him in the changing rooms about him doing it every match by now if he's not supposed to. 

I retract everything I said about wanting Moore as Souttar's replacement. 

Yep.  Beni's good at winning the ball, but hardly ever plays a forward pass.  Several others choosing to play sidways or back instead of taking a risk by moving forwards.     You can see the downward spiral in games like tonight's -

Attacking moves yield only 1 goal ........so players stop making forward runs ...... so players in possession take the easy option of sideways or back pass ........ so opponents confidence rises, while our goes down .......... best we can hope for is to cling on for a 1-0 win or a draw ...... then when opponents score, we're goosed.

Jambof3tornado
21 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The trouble with 3 at the back tonight was that it required us to play Moore at RWB. Tonight was a great example of how Smith is nowhere near as bad an attacking player as people believe.

Smith still isnt the answer at RWB, Atkinson was ill so clearly would have started otherwise.

Several key players missing isnt helping us but the ones that played can and should do better.

4 minutes ago, Mister T said:

The longer that went on the clearer  the writing on the wall got. Honking display and with the way other results went we could have been out of sight. They better get their fingers out for Saturday. 

Can’t argue with this , play like that on Saturday and we will not be in the next round.

PhoenixHearts
21 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

He was ****ing shit all game tonight utterly honking….and thats coming from someone who likes him.

Politely disagree. First half I thought Haring and Mckay were best players on the park but second half he looked increasingly ropey and erratic (as did the rest of the team outwith Simms)

Jambof3tornado

The tippy tappy passing sideways and backwards is driving me crazy!!

Be fine if it was done with pace but its not. 

The tippy tappy passing sideways and backwards is driving me crazy!!

Tempo at times is to slow, this makes it easier for teams to put men behind the ball. 

Were good at keeping possession. 

Maybe having an attack minded manager in the future may help. 

PortonianJambo
13 minutes ago, PortonianJambo said:

Woodbury can head back to Liverpool whenever he wants.GMS can go wherever he wants.Moore might not be a right back/RWB, but surely he can cross a ball into the box SOMETIME!!!He never even tries to.Too often we give teams time to re-organise at the back by passing the ball too slow, across the park, back, etc, etc.Boyce needs to learn how to pass the ball, and he’s far too slow.An absolutely dire performance. Where was the desire to get 3 points further away from our nearest challengers,who all had difficult games tonight?Where was the desire to get back at the team who made sure we were back in the Championship last season?The usual Hearts performance. A second goal for us kills the game, but not much desire, apart from McKay’s chance.Beeling.

Woodburn 

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Be fine if it was done with pace but its not. 

It’s amazing how many times either the wing backs or central midfielders receive the ball and instead of turning,getting their heads up and looking for a forward pass automatically pass it sideways or backwards.

Haring is finished fact.smith is finished fact.as is Halliday.the player we missed tonight is the same oneceverybodys been having a pop at lately .wee devlin.a million percent.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Tempo at times is to slow, this makes it easier for teams to put men behind the ball. 

Were good at keeping possession. 

Maybe having an attack minded manager in the future may help. 

It’s ok being in possession and keeping it but it gets to a point that you have to score goals or it’s completely pointless.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Politely disagree. First half I thought Haring and Mckay were best players on the park but second half he looked increasingly ropey and erratic (as did the rest of the team outwith Simms)

Agree with that. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s amazing how many times either the wing backs or central midfielders receive the ball and instead of turning,getting their heads up and looking for a forward pass automatically pass it sideways or backwards.

Almost like its drummed into them as 1st option. Always thought passing back was the last option to prevent losing possession.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

It’s obvious that it is drilled into them to play it safe and keep possession.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That’s down to the personnel not the system. 3 at the back allows an extra man in midfield, it should be more offensive than 4 at the back bit we need the right players to make it effective. Don’t know if Atkinson was injured (or just pish at Ibrox) but tonight should have been his type of game, likewise McEneff.  These two players played in the wrong game on Sunday instead. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence