**Official them -v- us thread**

Disser Pointon

19 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Not directly relevant, but my favorite bit of opposing team banter remains the Partick fans who, when our relegation was all but confirmed but Hibs was very much in doubt, sang, "You're going down with the Hibees!" at Tynecastle.

That's why all Partick fans are uni students, smart bunch. :lol: 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• daavojaay

• Hearts007

• tian447

Bazzas right boot

Derbies have been close recently and slightly favoured the away team, so the game won't be as easy as some think. 

5-0 Hearts. 

Just now, 1953 said:

Is this the game where we scud them 8-0 and get revenge for 01/01/1973, not that I bear grudges for nearly 50 years or anything.

Am with you bud

Their threat comes from the wide areas, Cadden and Mitchell, they’ll try and match us up formation wise and I think both teams will cancel each other out, if there’s a winner it’ll come from a piece of brilliance or a set piece. Can’t see past a draw tbh. Obviously I want to absolutely scud them, just don’t see it.

10 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Why Peebles ? 

It’s a long standing joke in here. There was a member from Peebles who found out about everything long after everyone else and posted it as an exclusive. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s a long standing joke in here. There was a member from Peebles who found out about everything long after everyone else and posted it as an exclusive. 

Oh dear, not a good spot.

Peebles Peebles Get to ****

Peebles, Get to ****

Our biggest problem is which of Devlin, Beni or Haring miss out. Seems very difficult to pick a side with those 3, Simms, Boyce and McKay. 

Devlin is made for this fixture imo and I don’t think he is as rash as is made out, hes seems a clever enough guy to keep a lid on it. Haring drives the team forward and Beni is the best player either of the 2 teams have imo.

Halliday has played himself into a start over Cochrane.

The 5 sub rule along with Neilson’s ability to get a good 2nd half out us will help with the options we have. The way hibs are playing will help to take the sting out of the occasion, which I think will be in our favour as the game goes on and our quality will show.

Gordon

Smith   Sibbick  Kingsley

Attkinson                    Halliday

Devlin   Beni

McKay

Simms     Boyce

Haring and Gino to feature

2-0 Hearts both goals 2nd half

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Derbies have been close recently and slightly favoured the away team, so the game won't be as easy as some think. 

5-0 Hearts. 

they will score 

11 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Is Cadden left or right wing? Atkinson has the speed to go with him. Halliday doesn’t although he has more guile

Cadden is right and I guess Mitchell will be left. From what I’ve seen in highlights and the hilarious Cove performance Cadden is the biggest threat in the team now Boyle has gone. If it’s 2nd spell Mitchell on the left then I’m less concerned about that side, if it’s first spell we need to get them pressed high to stop those two getting into dangerous areas. Who knows what our defence will be so I’m not too keen on too many crosses coming into our box.

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Bookies seem to have Hibs as favourites weirdly.  Pressure all on them then.

Bizarre, although the odds are dropping and think we’ll be clear favourites come the game. Worth getting on the hearts odds now. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If Devlin plays it’s much more likely a Hobo gets sent off trying to snap him than Devlin himself gets sent off.

He’s nippy but not dirty.

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If Devlin plays it’s much more likely a Hobo gets sent off trying to snap him than Devlin himself gets sent off.

He’s nippy but not dirty.

Fair comment but he is a bit of a Jack Russell,  nippy but also gets too excitable at times.   He’s been close to a sending off and seemed to be heading that way in Saturday.   Just needs a bit more maturity at times.  

19 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

We were 12/5 on Saturday. Down to 7/4 already. Think we will drop further still and go off favourites at about 6/4 or 7/5.

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Fair comment but he is a bit of a Jack Russell,  nippy but also gets too excitable at times.   He’s been close to a sending off and seemed to be heading that way in Saturday.   Just needs a bit more maturity at times.  

My only real criticism is he needs to learn to hold his position better, his enthusiasm gets the better of him sometimes and we lose our shape. Aside from that he’s up there with the first picks, him and Beni are a great partnership, I also don’t buy into Beni, Dev and Harring cant form a 3 in midfield, Beni and Harring can sit and let Devlin run about pressing high up the pitch.

We just need to play our own game and let them worry about us. In every position, we have better quality players. 

I don't see why we should play Devlin, Haring and Beni as it makes us too defensive and forces a change of shape. We now have such a good squad that there is competition for places right across the board which is fantastic. We will benefit from the 5 subs rule as we can give them all game time without weakening the team.

I was in favour of dropping Devlin for the Hibs game until Saturday. His composure in the box to find Halliday and his tackle, run and pass to Boyce were the two key moments in the game. Beni and Haring both bring a lot but Devlin has more energy and drive. More to him than an annoying pest!

54 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Honestly can’t see how that’s possible,  given the current form of both teams?

Beni first name on team sheet. I rate Haring, and think he brings a lot to the team with his composure, ability on the ball and also his physicality, but for me if we are keeping the same shape it has to be Devlin to start. I don’t think he’s the best on the ball but he is made for games like this. Alot of his work goes unnoticed in terms of his tackling, closing down and just being a nuisance. 

we have found a formation that works so I’d expect us to keep it that way but it is a shame one of them needs to miss out. As some have mentioned, playing the 3 could be a bit defensive unless we play the ‘Liverpool’ way and rely on both full backs to bomb on to provide width. Have we potentially got this in Atkinson and Kingsley? 

anyway I’d expect us to go 

Gordon

Kingsley

Sibbick

moore (souttar if he is still here)

Atkinson

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane (only for his pace to deal with Cadden)

Mckay

Boyce

Simms

i think it’s good we have realised we don’t need ‘wingers’ playing as part of the three. Our width should be coming from our wing backs which allows the 3 to be more central. I think having 2 strikers, boyce and Simms works as it’s 2 players who are capable of scoring goals and obviously McKay is a no brainer so we should have more of a goal threat 

A genuine post on .net I would hope in even my most delusional moments I wouldn't come up with this:

"Macey
Rocky Porto Hanlon
Cadden Mitchell
Newell Gogic
Mueller
Doige Nisbet

I really think this team will beat them, man for man we have better players in every position we just need to start believing."

I mean just starting at Macey v Gordon!

17 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

We just need to play our own game and let them worry about us. In every position, we have better quality players. 

I don't see why we should play Devlin, Haring and Beni as it makes us too defensive and forces a change of shape. We now have such a good squad that there is competition for places right across the board which is fantastic. We will benefit from the 5 subs rule as we can give them all game time without weakening the team.

I was in favour of dropping Devlin for the Hibs game until Saturday. His composure in the box to find Halliday and his tackle, run and pass to Boyce were the two key moments in the game. Beni and Haring both bring a lot but Devlin has more energy and drive. More to him than an annoying pest!

Agree about Devlins energy in the middle of the park.  He did brilliantly for the 2nd goal in particular but absolutely convinced he tried to play in GMS for the 1st and got a bit lucky.  Never lifted his head and just wouldn’t have been aware of Hallidays late run.   Not that it matters now of course,  but I just don’t think it was composure in the box and is probably his main area to work on.    Think we should start him though and take the game to Hibs from the off.   

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Just checked on coral not much in it but yeah they are favourites 🤷‍♂️
13/20 we are 19/10

53 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Baffling I know.  It's a derby and all that but I would have had Hearts favourites.  Not a stick on but probably around 6/5. 

48 minutes ago, maxjambo98 said:

A genuine post on .net I would hope in even my most delusional moments I wouldn't come up with this:

"Macey
Rocky Porto Hanlon
Cadden Mitchell
Newell Gogic
Mueller
Doige Nisbet

I really think this team will beat them, man for man we have better players in every position we just need to start believing."

I mean just starting at Macey v Gordon!

Tbf I totally agree Gogic is definitely better than Beni 😂😂😂

58 minutes ago, charlatans said:

Hearts -1 at 5/1 is free money surely?

12/1 with -2 had to go for it 😂👍🏻

2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

I agree and especially against their midfield. They’ll hate him and in my opinion he could well be the difference.  I think for the derby Beni would benefit more with Cammy due to the hectic nature of the fixture. I love Haring don’t get me wrong btw

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agree about Devlins energy in the middle of the park.  He did brilliantly for the 2nd goal in particular but absolutely convinced he tried to play in GMS for the 1st and got a bit lucky.  Never lifted his head and just wouldn’t have been aware of Hallidays late run.   Not that it matters now of course,  but I just don’t think it was composure in the box and is probably his main area to work on.    Think we should start him though and take the game to Hibs from the off.   

I said this in another thread.  He gets a nose bleed in the box, no way he was trying to pick out Halliday, I doubt he even saw him.  I’m happy enough for him to play against Hibs but would prefer Haring with Beni. Bring Haring on for Devlin after he gets his yellow card though if he does start.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, sassenach said:

I think bookies' odds reflect where the money is going, rather than who they think will actually win.  So Hibs fans give their money to bookies, while Hearts fans give their money to FOH.

They have to set a price before any money goes on though and that price will then change if there is significant money going on one team.  That’s why Hearts will likely be favourites by Tuesday night as neutrals will also likely back us on current form.  Not sure how big the market for substantial bets on singles in Scottish football is though.🤷‍♂️

If the weather forecast is correct then I can’t see a high scoring game. Could be a war of attrition in horrid conditions. 

We lost away to Motherwell and Aberdeen in games which essentially were all about winning second balls in stop-start encounters. I do think we have learned from that though. I’m not sure the hibs midfield has the bite either of those teams had either. 

Hopefully both teams continue their recent form and we win comfortably. Fancy Simms to score and maybe a Kingsley free kick if we’re lucky. 

I'm not remotely apprehensive.  I was honestly more concerned that we might suffer a backlash from the missed penalty and be sluggish against Motherwell.  To some extent, I expect we were.

Can't remember what score I predicted but will now officially go 4-0 with the proviso that we score at least one in the first half.  In the unlikely event that we, don't I will revise my forecast.

I absolute hate Hearts 0 at half time.

Pasquale for King

We need to start this game better than we have the last two, an early goal piles pressure on them and they will turn on them. 
Couldn’t ask for a better time for Neilson to get his first managerial win there at the fifth attempt. 
Let’s go there and show how superior we are to them all over the pitch, they don’t have a single player I would swap any of ours for. 

I think for the first time in a while we will start on the front foot. It is a derby so all the Scottish players will be fired up and that should bleed out to the others. Hope I am right because if we do Hibs are in for a right doing. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Gordon 

Souttar.   Haring.  Kingsley          

Atkinson.  Devlin.  Beni.   Halliday. 
                     McKay. 

Simms.   Boyce. 

Feel as if Haring, can’t be dropped probably player of the month during January for me. Still has the physicality to cover for Halkett. Fits well into a back 3. Wouldn’t personally though Sibbick, into a derby & Taylor Moore for me isn’t quite good enough.

Halliday, certainly been the more consistent over Cochrane, last few games and brings that experience and ruggedness you need for a derby. 

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

PhoenixHearts

Only watched Hibs twice this season. First time when we played them, and last night on Sportscene because I wanted a laugh. 

Have to say since the first derby where he admittedly had a good game, I've been a bit worried about Macey. Not used to Hibs having good keepers.

But having seen THAT display last night, he looks all over the place. Send the firing squad. He doesn't look up to much.

It's nice for once that in the middle of the park there are selection decisions to be made. Haring, Beni and Devlin all have attributes and whichever way Neilson goes there, you could see the justification. Then whoever does miss out from the three you will almost certainly see them coming from the bench. I think we are far superior to them in the middle of the park. For me Beni is a must gets his foot on it makes these incisive passes absolute Rolls Royce of a player.

The Devlin vs Haring one is interesting. Devlin has energy to burn and is teraring away at folks ankles which is brilliant in these types of games. A times he loses position by diving in to a challenge but still learning but again so impressed with him and he does offer a threat going forward too. Big Pete sits in front and probably offers more protection to the defence. Mops up and can play a pass. The least mobile out the 3 but arguably the best at picking a long range pass. Good at shutting down games when winning.

As I say how nice is it that the gaffer has genuine options 

I agree with Pasqualle.  We need to get on the front foot early and dominate the middle of the park.  Create chances and take them.

Don't think we've ever seen a fire drill before half time but there's a first time for everything.

I know Hibs will have a say in all of this but I'm really confident.

51 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I agree with Pasqualle.  We need to get on the front foot early and dominate the middle of the park.  Create chances and take them.

Don't think we've ever seen a fire drill before half time but there's a first time for everything.

I know Hibs will have a say in all of this but I'm really confident.

This. If we win the midfield battle we will create, score and win. 

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Will be miles closer than people think. Most of this squad haven’t played an Easter road derby before.

I'm pretty confident Lockey will have been getting the message across to those virgins

If Hearts were the wounded animal and Hibs were coming to Tynie we as a team, fans etc would be right up for this and make sure we left nothing behind.  We have to assume that they will do the same so we need to start well.  If we do that then I think we have enough quality to win the game 2 or 3-1.  

Of the current squad am I right in saying only Gordon, Smith, Halkett and Boyce have played in maroon at ER.  Not sure about Souttar, he played against them at Tynie but not sure if he played for us at Hobbiton.

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Of the current squad am I right in saying only Gordon, Smith, Halkett and Boyce have played in maroon at ER.  Not sure about Souttar, he played against them at Tynie but not sure if he played for us at Hobbiton.

Unfortunately I distinctly remember him getting megged by Simon Murray on our way to a 1-0 loss.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

He had a mare at ER once in the first half. 

CL asked him at HT "where John Souttar was and if he could come along for a game."

He looked like he was drunk and won a ht competition. 😂

Haring as well I'd guess. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Midfield has to be Beni and Devlin, Hibs are trying to pass it out unsuccessfully. Watch livis 3rd goal, 3 men pressed them into conceding it. We need energy in there, Haring to get half an hour when the cigars are out at 2 0 up