**Official them -v- us thread**

Disser Pointon

Jambo in Bathgate
19 minutes ago, martoon said:

Hibs fans squealing with joy at their point and the better than expected, battling performance. 

Reminds me of how fans of small clubs react when they get a draw vs. the OF or when Hibs took a point in the days of the 17 and 22.

Fair chuffed with their wee selves, they are.

😀

But they didn’t play the flowing football. Reverted to hoofing it. Didn’t take Maloney long to ditch his style. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• daavojaay

• Hearts007

• tian447

They will finish bottom 6 I think this season. St Mirren at home for them on Saturday and back to a half empty stadium. Maloney is out his depth and will have them dropping like a stone. We didn't play well but should have still won easily. If we had played like them at home in a derby we would have been booed off the park. 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just because most folk on here wrongly thought Halliday should start doesn’t make it right, I said before the game he’s too slow to be able to deal with Cadden on that big pitch. It was so obvious. 
How can anyone defend another poor first half performance, it happens nearly every week. His tactics and motivation clearly don’t allow us to stamp any authority on teams, only when teams tire do we show our undoubted quality. 
Its just not good enough.,

Don’t think he had to catch Cadden hoofball tactics caught us out for 20 minutes. Also we had a back three who only played together for 45 minutes previously. 

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

They will finish bottom 6 I think this season. St Mirren at home for them on Saturday and back to a half empty stadium. Maloney is out his depth and will have them dropping like a stone. We didn't play well but should have still won easily. If we had played like them at home in a derby we would have been booed off the park. 

👍

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don't think it was the wrong team, A lot of people had Halliday in their starting 11's before the match, The issue is Halliday never turned up AGAIN for us'. I wanted him to start because I thought he would bring some grit to the Edinburgh derby I was wrong. A lot of people were saying Cochrane needed dropped.  ( Halliday was more interested getting wound up by the Hibs fans and even wanted to walk past them coming off the guy is a fud ) 

I think the subs were too late Haring should of been on for Cammy around the 55th min. I would of even brought on GMS before Gino and Woodburn. 

Boyce now has Simms up with him and still looks isolated upfront hardly gets the service. 

And about the coaching staff what was with Lee McCulloch the camera went to him rubbing his face speaking to Robbie then he looked down  at his fingers and smirked, His finger tips were black 😂 god knows what they were covered in, he then put his hands in his pockets.  Would of been better with Steven Naismith on the bench last night with Robbie I wonder what Forrest and McCulloch actually input into the management decisions. 

The ref was pathetic again loves to make it about himself, Even when the camera goes in closer to him when there is a foul the facial expressions this Don Robertson pulls and telling players to get lost or move is Sad, He thinks the fans are out to watch him for 90 minutes and not the football. 

I said before the game Halliday would struggle on that big pitch against Caddens  pace, if our coachescan’t see that then they shouldn’t be there. 
It was the wrong team that once again failed to turn up in a first half. 
Using the ref as an excuse is a well worn managerial tactic to deflect attention away from their own shortcomings. 
No guarantee we would’ve scored a penalty anyway. We played a poor team last night on the worst pitch in the league, we have to be performing better and winning these games to progress past where we are just now. 

14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We looked very much like Heart of Midlothian in 2006 when we pumped the vermin 4-0 at Hampden in all maroon Doc. 

Great result. Still a bloody awful kit.

I can’t recall whether that was the official kit that year, but this year the official kit has white shorts (as TBH it always should). But from time to time we randomly send the players out wearing the away shorts instead. I don’t know who it is who does this, but they need to stop. I want to watch Hearts, not a knock-off darker version of Aberdeen. It looks crap.

15 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

But they didn’t play the flowing football. Reverted to hoofing it. Didn’t take Maloney long to ditch his style. 

I’m not defending our first half performance but I do think teams are starting to change their regular system to one that counters us. 

It something we have to start expecting and adjust in our build up and motivation. An ordinary Hibs team got balls onto our box far too easy and when they went in, we looked uncertain in dealing with it.(first half)

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said before the game Halliday would struggle on that big pitch against Caddens  pace, if our coachescan’t see that then they shouldn’t be there. 
It was the wrong team that once again failed to turn up in a first half. 
Using the ref as an excuse is a well worn managerial tactic to deflect attention away from their own shortcomings. 
No guarantee we would’ve scored a penalty anyway. We played a poor team last night on the worst pitch in the league, we have to be performing better and winning these games to progress past where we are just now. 

Cant disagree with you mate. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Great result. Still a bloody awful kit.

I can’t recall whether that was the official kit that year, but this year the official kit has white shorts (as TBH it always should). But from time to time we randomly send the players out wearing the away shorts instead. I don’t know who it is who does this, but they need to stop. I want to watch Hearts, not a knock-off darker version of Aberdeen. It looks crap.

Well I like the all maroon kits that have been used. I appreciate the historical strip is white shorts but I do like all maroon. Don't hate me for it Doc! :biggrin:

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That will be our last trip to ER this season. They are bottom 6 trash 

Hopefully 

just listened to a couple of vermin in passing - creaming themselves about the result. Utter ***** the lot of them !

FTH

Nelly Terraces

Just watched the highlights. Incredible decisions not give us 2 very straightforward penalties, they were clear as day really. Honestly not ever one for thinking 'we wuz robbed' but those were a joke, if it'd been the other way round I'd have absolutely no complaints, especially on the first one where the defender brainlessly barges into the back of Big Simmo.  

Refereeing in Scotland = utter garbage.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not defending our first half performance but I do think teams are starting to change their regular system to one that counters us. 

It something we have to start expecting and adjust in our build up and motivation. An ordinary Hibs team got balls onto our box far too easy and when they went in, we looked uncertain in dealing with it.(first half)

Has to be the manager, we won the cup in 2006 in all maroon, its his thing. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Absolutely mate , it’s pretty embarrassing to think that’s the standard of refs in Scotland and what annoys me it’s not going to change 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Cant disagree with you mate. 

Someone will, hangover kicking in now 🤦🏽🤮🤪

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Just watched the highlights. Incredible decisions not give us 2 very straightforward penalties, they were clear as day really. Honestly not ever one for thinking 'we wuz robbed' but those were a joke, if it'd been the other way round I'd have absolutely no complaints, especially on the first one where the defender brainlessly barges into the back of Big Simmo.  

VAR just come in, Stevenson would’ve been off and we MIGHTVE scored the penalty. 

I think Hibs slightly surprised us the first 20 mins as to how direct they are. They are never like that and have been trying to keep the ball against other teams since Maloney came in. Once we got to grips with it we dominated and should have scored. Pen and red card changes the game. I’m actually ok with how we played, if we can scrape a point or a win at ibrox that will be massive.

22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well I like the all maroon kits that have been used. I appreciate the historical strip is white shorts but I do like all maroon. Don't hate me for it Doc! :biggrin:

You’re entitled to your view, mate. Personally I think you need a more vibrant colour for an all-coloured kit than our dark shade of maroon.

Some sky blue facings might help.

Malinga the Swinga

There's some utter nonsense being posted that Fadden took Halliday to cleaners. He crossed ball from level with penalty box. Never once got to by-line, never once drove at him, cut inside and drove into box, he just belted in high balls.

The desperation of some to criticise each and every one of our players and coaches is beyond belief.

I do realise that it's the same 2 or 3 posters who are doing it though, as they are anti Neilson and that's their sole goal.

Imagine being so miserable and full of hate that you actually want us to fail, just so you can post your shit in here.

Victor Meldrew
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Don't get some of the anti Robbie nonsense ! He's got us promoted , got us sitting comfortably 3rd in the league again , building a good team along with joe Savage and the recruitment team, but for there goalkeeper being mom last night and being denied 2 stone wall penalties we'd have taken the 3pts but we still 12pts ahead of that mob and stay 10 ahead of Motherwell!!

This. But haters gonna hate....

36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There's some utter nonsense being posted that Fadden took Halliday to cleaners. He crossed ball from level with penalty box. Never once got to by-line, never once drove at him, cut inside and drove into box, he just belted in high balls.

The desperation of some to criticise each and every one of our players and coaches is beyond belief.

I do realise that it's the same 2 or 3 posters who are doing it though, as they are anti Neilson and that's their sole goal.

Imagine being so miserable and full of hate that you actually want us to fail, just so you can post your shit in here.

Halliday was struggling until the 35th min - then Caddon disappeared.

Garvock jambo

My gripe from last night ,throw ins , team seemed reluctant to move into space to receive the ball ,always looked like at best was going to be 50/50 ,needs rectified to keep "press" on-going 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You are right and, imo, wrong there.  Cadden put in some very dangerous balls (he's a good player imo).  We needed to deal with him better and I think on 2 or 3 occasions, Halliday went battering into situations he wasn't needed and was easily passed around giving Cadden a good run and time to cross.

Their biggest threat was always going to be Cadden -> Doidge.  We had a bit of a rooky CH team, we needed to stop the crosses best we could and I felt Halliday failed to do it well due to being over eager, which with his experience he shouldn't be.

Didn't matter in the end and I admit to not being an admirer of Halliday, but their right and our left was a big big issue for us for 30 or so mins.

Where you are right is that folk seem to just want to moan and wail, but it even happens when we win mate!  I'd ignore it and stick to folk who atleast thinly veil their moaning like me!

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

McKay coming off at that time was strange unless he's still not 100%.

He was just beginning to make an impact as you say. 

He was starting to come into it as you say and he's always capable of pulling out a bit of magic to unlock a stubborn defence.

55 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60121366

Anyone know how the individual player scores are calculated?

Interesting to see how much higher rated all our players were than theirs.

No idea... must be a clever calculation-type-algorithmy type thing?!

Their keeper, Dabrowski, MOTM, string of excellent saves to keep his team in the game 6.57 - Sir Craig Gordon (never had a save to make, never broke sweat, smoked 5 cigars) 6.7  🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

You are right and, imo, wrong there.  Cadden put in some very dangerous balls (he's a good player imo).  We needed to deal with him better and I think on 2 or 3 occasions, Halliday went battering into situations he wasn't needed and was easily passed around giving Cadden a good run and time to cross.

Their biggest threat was always going to be Cadden -> Doidge.  We had a bit of a rooky CH team, we needed to stop the crosses best we could and I felt Halliday failed to do it well due to being over eager, which with his experience he shouldn't be.

Didn't matter in the end and I admit to not being an admirer of Halliday, but their right and our left was a big big issue for us for 30 or so mins.

Where you are right is that folk seem to just want to moan and wail, but it even happens when we win mate!  I'd ignore it and stick to folk who atleast thinly veil their moaning like me!

Yeah, i think Cadden is one of their better players also.. he put in some good, first-time, crosses... something I wish our wingbacks would do from time to time. With Simms up front, you've gotta think it would be a threat.

16 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, i think Cadden is one of their better players also.. he put in some good, first-time, crosses... something I wish our wingbacks would do from time to time. With Simms up front, you've gotta think it would be a threat.

Aye, we rarely seem to swing a ball in for someone to run on to.  Noticed that for years, not just with Hearts tbf, guys always want a touch then cross rather than first time it in - seems a dying art.  Even at my scant ability I always felt I actually hit a better cross first time too!!  I am in no way saying I should be wingback for Hearts.

Yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/02/2022 at 21:45, Jamboelite said:

Utter pish absolutely cruising to 3rd playing decent football this season,

You were saying??????