**Official them -v- us thread**

Disser Pointon

12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think it should also be mentioned that Neilson is a cup winning legend (not enough can be said about that tackle) with over 200 appearances over 10 years. How many players can say that? 

As a manager he has had us promoted twice on the first time of asking, stabilised us and left us in 3rd place and once again has us in 3rd place (comfortably) oh he was a penalty away from beating Celtic in the final as well. 

Some bad results (Hibs, Brora) but ultimately his overall contribution to this club cannot be ignored. The man has earned the right to be respected and given the full support here. But compete arseholes on this forum just forget all that and concentrate on two/three bad results. 

Least there is some on here with common sense though. 

👍 well said

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• daavojaay

• Hearts007

• tian447

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both victory’s where we scored a penalty and they missed one, that’s not good enough, can’t be many Hearts managers with a worse record. 

On the flip side how many Hearts managers have beaten Hibs in a semi final and to a title? Perhaps if Robbie hadn't done such a good job of condemning them to another 2 years in the championship he would have had the opportunity to build a better record?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Some people forget or don’t know just how many draws there were in our long unbeaten runs against that lot.

Its like people think we were always like the Harlem Globetrotters against them for 22 games.

Most of them back in the day were shit 0-0 or low scoring battles where we simply out-booted them.

We won’t continually put 4 past them without having Euro and uefa champs type players in the team. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Who on earth said that?

The twat that is going on about us needing to take our chances.

32 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Absolute nonsense. 

You realise the squad is being put together based around his tactics?

You realise he has one of the best records of any Hearts manager?

You realise his tactical changes make a positive difference in games?

Double the number of shots on target. More than double the number of shots overall. More corners. More possession. 

How is that bottling it? Same amount of fouls so it wasn't lack of fight.

You're so wide of the mark it's incredible. 

What game were you watching 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Newell was sent out to kick anything in a maroon jersey especially Beni.

They should have finished with 9 - Stevenson for the penalty not given (or his diving save) and Newell for countless fouls.

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Disappointed with just a point as we had two stonewall pens and their goalie made 2-3 very good saves to their one off the line. You can add to that Devlin's missed chance. As for Porteous feigning a head injury to stop our breakaway when I don't think the ball touched him at all... the spirit of Martin Boyle still clearly alive. Neilson's subs have generally been good this season but thought they were off tonight. Would have liked to have seen GMS on instead of Woodburn and Haring on earlier. Our 3 new signings Atkinson, Sibbick and Simms were great. 

Overall a point away isn't the worst, neither is our second clean sheet in a row with a makeshift defence missing 3 of our most reliably good players.

Feel like we're going through a bit of a lull in form - just looking sloppy and untidy at times - that inevitably happens after the mid way point when injuries etc start hitting us and the performances of some players dip, or it takes a bit of time for players drafted in to find their touch. So long as we keep picking up points it's all good. Performances will pick up again.

A lull in form??

FFS we’ve lost once to a team not named Rangers or Celtic since the start of November.

Lull in form 😂😂😂

Howdy Doody Jambo
3 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Look where we are at half way through the season and already pretty much guaranteed European football next season. Have a team that's one of the best we have had in years and years and are again an attractive place for GOOD players to go. That's down to Robbie neilson. He came in we were in the championship. What he's done in a short time. 1 season and just over half another one. It's pretty remarkable what he's done and people need to shut the **** up about brora. Robbie has had flaws and can be a stubborn clueless pain in the ass but he's learning and he's a good coach obviously and that's rubbed off on our great club and it should be rubbing off on all of us fans too. Just look where we are people before you moan about the guy. I get frustrated too but sit back and look at the bigger picture...

Just think where we would be with Pep or Jurgen 😂 

Robbie is doing a fine job and is still a young manager, we still have lots of room for improvement which keeps us hungry, in the summer we improve again 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

What game were you watching 

If you were at Livingston tonight why are you commenting about this game?

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What exactly was negative about that

More possession. More shots. More shots on target. 2 strikers. 

Etc etc…

Omfg I've just said twice that I'm not saying he's negative, people are bringing up formation etc style of play,all I'm saying his mindset and style of play is different too maybe a Robbos or Stendels. 

Again and last time it's not negative, it's a different style, being compact keep it tight at the back then looking to counter. 

Compared to pressing high taking risks etc. 

Jesus. 

The word for that is being balanced and Robbie has a balanced approach. 

Everyone should know that. 

Regardless of what i think or you he's getting results, I like my team to be more attacking, but what Robbie is doing is working or 1,we wouldn't be 3rd and still in Scottish Cup. 

In no way am i saying he's negative, is he more defensive yes, but he was a defender so that's only natural. 

Penalties aside, a huge impact on us not winning that game was Atkinsons head knock and Newells injury which killed our momentum when we were all over them. Really felt like a goal was coming at that point.

Should have won. Big Simms has to take one of his chances! Stonewall pen in the first half and then second yellow for Stevenson would have completely changed the game. Typical derby, 100mph stuff and not much quality, but overall we did have more controlled possession and obviously had the better chances. 

I thought we looked so vulnerable from

set pieces and thought it was a matter of time before we conceded from one. Luckily for us they didn’t get many to test us in the second half. Halkett a big miss due to his aerial presence, Moore and sibbick just not commanding like he is. 

subs stopped all the momentum we had. Boyce was really poor in the first half but he was starting to get more involved and see more of the ball which was causing hibs problems. Same with McKay, really quiet all game but was maybe just starting to get into it. Having said that, I feel like we maybe did need to freshen it up a bit so they were

the obv subs to make. Woodburn and Gino couldn’t get into the game which didn’t help matters. Disappointingly 2 points dropped for me 

HeartsandonlyHearts
42 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

No. He wasnt. Is he reason we didnt wih tonight big man

Think it was because we didn’t score more goals than them. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

A lull in form??

FFS we’ve lost once to a team not named Rangers or Celtic since the start of November.

Lull in form 😂😂😂

Performances might have been a better word. There's been a lull in the form of Devlin and McKay compared to earlier in the season and we've not looked so fluid with Souttar and others missing. Today we were sloppy in possession compared to most of the rest of this season, although a derby is always a different kind of match. Just reflects how good we've been this season.

Bobbyonthewing

Absolutely Ridiculous referring calls tonight. How that isn't a penalty and down to 10 men I'll never know. A handball from the freekick as well.

Still clear in 3rd place and hats off to Neilson and Savage for the recruitment. Thought Beni and Simms were very promising tonight and looked a class above.

H1b5 got away with one tonight. Looking forward to wrapping up 3rd and a good cup run.

It's a pity we don't have a wee panel of 'favourable referees' to give us a helping hand when we need it. 

The 2 arse cheeks have their wee fan club refs desperate to ensure they get every assistance.

No wonder they have an additional confidence and arrogance about them when the odds are so heavily stacked in their favour.

2 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Think it was because we didn’t score more goals than them. 

Thats a shit comeback

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

On the flip side how many Hearts managers have beaten Hibs in a semi final and to a title? Perhaps if Robbie hadn't done such a good job of condemning them to another 2 years in the championship he would have had the opportunity to build a better record?

Mind when they were in the championship and beat us in the cup?

Not having a pop at RN, just challenging your theory.

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Some people forget or don’t know just how many draws there were in our long unbeaten runs against that lot.

Its like people think we were always like the Harlem Globetrotters against them for 22 games.

Most of them back in the day were shit 0-0 or low scoring battles where we simply out-booted them.

We won’t continually put 4 past them without having Euro and uefa champs type players in the team. 

We weren't the Harlem Globetrotters but we dug out draws when we should have lost and won some convincingly. 

Robbie's teams seem incapable of that.

I've always had the impression he, and in turn his teams, treat it as just another game 

We didn't in the past and Hibs don't now.

19 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You expect a footballer to be absolutely on it every game?

You’re worried that our best playmaker has had two off games out of 20?

**** me what a laugh you just be in your house.

Un-twist yer knickers ffs! 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We weren't the Harlem Globetrotters but we dug out draws when we should have lost and won some convincingly. 

I've always had the impression he, and in turn his teams, treat it as just another game 

I saw a team that were fighting hard for everything and up for it personally. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Exactly- moan when moaning is justified.. otherwise just come across like a wank with an agenda. 

a neilson flip-flopper :lol:

54 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And now this thread will turn into a circle wank for the Neilson haters. 

Ho hum. 

Some of us still see the plan though Tazio,phukk the haters, footballs like that , sometimes you don’t play well enough ?sometimes referees and assistants don’t do there job well enough ? Sometimes the presenters watching are nearly wetting them selves laughing at/with Neilson on a reaction?

phukk them all , I didn’t enjoy tonight’s result but can see something happening and sort of enjoying it 👏🏻
when the goalie of the opposition gets MOTM ? Schite watch maybe but we are going the right way 🤞🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Boris said:

Mind when they were in the championship and beat us in the cup?

Not having a pop at RN, just challenging your theory.

I do mind when they were in the championship. Robbie kept them there and it meant we played them a lot less often - hence the "joke". 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

10 points clear in 3rd after our last season in the top flight was cut short with us propping everyone up. Christ, we need some perspective at times. We should have won this game, it is disappointing not to win but it is what it is. Let's move on.

38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nobody would give a **** about formations, tactics, negativity, Hibs, Boyce, Neilson or any other of the ‘factors’ that stopped us winning if Don Robertson hadn’t shat his shorts and ignored a blatant penalty. Stevenson would have been off and we’d have been playing against ten men for the rest of the game. 

I’m gutted for Neilson tonight. How many times are ref’s going to **** us over?

Don Robertson in particular seems to have a problem with us/Robbie. 

4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

🤌🏻 I can’t seem to make this hand move up and down ? You sound like an expert ? Any ideas ?🤌🏻

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hibs chat.

Nice.

1 minute ago, gavvy said:

Don Robertson in particular seems to have a problem with us/Robbie. 

Just add him the list 😏

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Both posters correct in parts - we were quite frequently handed our arses possession-wise by some very good players like Collins rice etc and came away with at least a draw often a win

and we always out-booted them :sweeet:

“ always. out-booted. them. “  :)

1 minute ago, maggieb said:

🤌🏻 I can’t seem to make this hand move up and down ? You sound like an expert ? Any ideas ?🤌🏻

I think you're doing yourself an injustice. 

Just think back to last time. It wasn’t that long ago I'm sure.

Dominated that game after 20mins, not going to waste time talking about the ref, but if he had done his job there we are very likely sitting here talking about a stellar performance.

Individually, thought Moore and Atkinson but also rest of the defence were brilliant.

Beni, great defensively, but needs to distribute quicker.

Attacking wise, still gelling upfront, not enough pace tonight.

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We had two absolute stonewallers mate

The only way you can argue it should only have been one penalty is that Stevenson would have got a 2nd yellow for the 1st one so he couldn’t have conceded the 2nd one!

Every pundit on Sky and BBC seemed to agree.

19 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Penalties aside, a huge impact on us not winning that game was Atkinsons head knock and Newells injury which killed our momentum when we were all over them. Really felt like a goal was coming at that point.

Great point. Totally spot on mate.

1 minute ago, Jambo92 said:

Dominated that game after 20mins, not going to waste time talking about the ref, but if he had done his job there we are very likely sitting here talking about a stellar performance.

Individually, thought Moore and Atkinson but also rest of the defence were brilliant.

Beni, great defensively, but needs to distribute quicker.

Attacking wise, still gelling upfront, not enough pace tonight.

Perfectly summed up 👍

57 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is actually embarrassing the way some fans treat Neilson on this site. The man isn’t perfect but he lined up exactly how the majority of would have with two first choice centre backs out. 

We had two stone wallers denied, their keeper had a worldie and all this away at Easter road. We didn’t lose. Nobody likes to draw against that mob but Neilson done everything right here. 

Third in the table, we never dropped any points on our closest rivals and are looking on great shape. About time some of the Neilson out brigade put their ****ing pitch forks away and actually back the team. Absolute fuds and you ruin this forum. 

This ^ we are still in a very good place, disappointed that we didn't get the win but that's football.

Nervy first 20 mins but not and experienced defence so understandable. Would have been a travesty if we lost that game. How many times will refs **** us over this season. 

Newell 6 fouls before a card, Stevenson assault and handball still on the pitch. Porteous continually diving and refs buying it. Went down with head knock when the ball didn't touch him, down easily when trying to hold off simms. 

Hibs fans happy with result tells you all you need to know. 

Beni and cammy need to start trying to play more positive passes.also think Beni enjoys trying to hold the ball and trie to retain possesion too much at times. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

On a side issue - did Maloney blank Robbie on a handshake after the game?

He didn't see him just like he never seen the  penalty claims. 

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Aye, 3 defeats competitively between 79' and 94' was a pisser right enough !

🤣

45 games BTW !

👍

Edited by Boab

1 minute ago, jackal said:

Nervy first 20 mins but not and experienced defence so understandable. Would have been a travesty if we lost that game. How many times will refs **** us over this season. 

Newell 6 fouls before a card, Stevenson assault and handball still on the pitch. Porteous continually diving and refs buying it. Went down with head knock when the ball didn't touch him, down easily when trying to hold off simms. 

Hibs fans happy with result tells you all you need to know. 

Beni and cammy need to start trying to play more positive passes.also think Beni enjoys trying to hold the ball and trie to retain possesion too much at times. 

Spot on.  Boyce also holds onto the ball for way too long, slowing our attacks down.  He needs dropped 

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

A quick summary of the game would be 2 points dropped against a very poor mid table side.

This

15 minutes ago, One five said:

Two shots on target  and they are delighted, feckin losers.

Correct

14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We still 10 points clear of Motherwell and 12 clear of the docksiders so no damage done tonight

... and correct.

Simms is exactly the type of striker we need   we probably can't afford him after his loan deal finishes   he's quick  intelligent and strong.  Unlucky not  to score  a couple tonight.  Boyce too slow