• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• daavojaay

• Hearts007

• tian447

Jack Torrance
14 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Dominated that game after 20mins, not going to waste time talking about the ref, but if he had done his job there we are very likely sitting here talking about a stellar performance.

Individually, thought Moore and Atkinson but also rest of the defence were brilliant.

Beni, great defensively, but needs to distribute quicker.

Attacking wise, still gelling upfront, not enough pace tonight.

Apparently we bottled it, according to some...

On 31/01/2022 at 22:43, Ted Hastings said:

Gordon

Souttar Sibbick Kingsley

Atkinson    Haring    Beni    Halliday

McKay    Simms    Boyce

Think Halliday deserves a start after his performance v Motherwell. Was between Smith and Atkinson for rwb and either would be fine. I personally prefer Haring to Devlin for this one, although again Devlin does have more energy and wouldn’t be against him starting either. Would bring on Woodburn or Ginnelly last half hour once they’re tiring.

Suppose it’s good to have this many headaches as it shows how strong the squad is. 

that's the line up for me too

Guest ToqueJambo
34 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

A quick summary of the game would be 2 points dropped against a very poor mid table side.

True but league positions and form tend to not mean much in a derby. They certainly do look very poor all over the park though and if that first pen had been given it could have been a very different scoreline. 

44 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Some people forget or don’t know just how many draws there were in our long unbeaten runs against that lot.

Its like people think we were always like the Harlem Globetrotters against them for 22 games.

Most of them back in the day were shit 0-0 or low scoring battles where we simply out-booted them.

We won’t continually put 4 past them without having Euro and uefa champs type players in the team. 

A 22 game run and a 17 game run that's a failure to win on 39 occasions with a couple of defeats in the middle. 

How many draws out of that lot ? 

It's still a spectacular failure on Hibs part. 

Even the most partizan Hibby would admit that. 

Tonight's result is yet another failure on their part as being the home team and needing to win to cut the gap. 

Tonight should feel like a defeat for them yet they appear to be happy. 

Strange folk 😏

cannastar 10:47 PM Today
when on form i dont believe there is a better centre half in the scottish premiership and genuinely think he would hold his own in the english premiership. there was more than one occasion tonight he showed composure on the ball and carried it out of defence before playing a pass along the floor looking very stylish. in fact id say he reminded me of varane at a similar age thats how good i believe he could become. he is certainly on a par with harry mcguire at same age and funny enough rodgers and leicester could be a good fit. wouldnt surprise me to see that come to fruition.

Hibs. Net on Porto 😂😂

31 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I think you're doing yourself an injustice. 

Just think back to last time. It wasn’t that long ago I'm sure.

🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻 Nah, sorry, i can’t get any rhythm going , you on the other hand,I’m almost certain are an expert ,bang on ,get the engines started on your plane 🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻

sorry about the post above, don't know what happened there!

Disappointed we didn't take all 3 points tonight but we all know Derby games are like no other. Considering we had an untried defence I thought we did OK. Kingsley, immense, Sibbick, a good buy and Moore will do OK with a few more confidence building games. I thought McKay should have stayed on as we were making more runs at them 2nd half and we know he's capable of excellent thru balls, a little more time was needed. Woodburn really is not doing it at all, we would have been better off with young Henderson who has something to prove. Boyce seems to be struggling to work out how to play with Simms, a bit of time needed there, I think. Ref did us no favors and we should have had 2 penalties, as all pundits have confirmed. All in all a frustrating night but no damage done in the race for 3rd.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I never thought I'd ever agree with Kris Boyd, but he is absolutely bang on about that first penalty. 

Stonewall, a ****ing American Football style tackle from behind.

We wiz robbed. 

That's exactly what I said.   Clear intent to take the player out.   The Ref was on cloud cuckoo land.   

1 hour ago, William H. Bonney said:

I hope Robbie calls out the wank of a referee. 

We are not sevco move on we are better than that

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Omfg I've just said twice that I'm not saying he's negative, people are bringing up formation etc style of play,all I'm saying his mindset and style of play is different too maybe a Robbos or Stendels. 

Again and last time it's not negative, it's a different style, being compact keep it tight at the back then looking to counter. 

Compared to pressing high taking risks etc. 

Jesus. 

The word for that is being balanced and Robbie has a balanced approach. 

Everyone should know that. 

Regardless of what i think or you he's getting results, I like my team to be more attacking, but what Robbie is doing is working or 1,we wouldn't be 3rd and still in Scottish Cup. 

In no way am i saying he's negative, is he more defensive yes, but he was a defender so that's only natural. 

We press high.

Not all the time but we press high at what are deemed to be appropriate times in most games.

We are still building in team

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

That's exactly what I said.   Clear intent to take the player out.   The Ref was on cloud cuckoo land.   

In rugby that would likely have been a yellow and 10 mins off the pitch. No arm tackle to upper body. 

IN RUGBY

20 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

As usual folk expecting 4-0 hammerings. Doesn’t happen

Sadly I was one of those folk!

On paper that should have been the case but you’re right, a typical Derby. 

If we had started the first half with more urgency who knows what would have happened.

Look forward to the game back at Tynecastle now.

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:
when on form i dont believe there is a better centre half in the scottish premiership and genuinely think he would hold his own in the english premiership. there was more than one occasion tonight he showed composure on the ball and carried it out of defence before playing a pass along the floor looking very stylish. in fact id say he reminded me of varane at a similar age thats how good i believe he could become. he is certainly on a par with harry mcguire at same age and funny enough rodgers and leicester could be a good fit. wouldnt surprise me to see that come to fruition.

Hibs. Net on Porto 😂😂

Using McGuire as an example one of the worst central backs ever this boys been at the glue pot

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

Using McGuire as an example one of the worst central backs ever this boys been at the glue pot

I think he maybe meant Barry McGuire at Motherwell. 

Nelly Terraces

Not long in from the game. Gotta be honest & say I'm a bit disappointed as I honestly thought that even though the vermin were never just gonna come out in surrender, but come out swinging, we'd have too much quality for them tonight but we lacked a cutting edge & the players who I like & thought would really make the difference, Beni & McKay both had poor games by their standards & the fact that McKay, who I think is one of our most creative players, got hooked near the end is kinda indicative of how we played. 

Wasn't all bad mind you, give Boyce his dues, 2nd half he did a lot of decent stuff outside the box, Simms looks a proper forward who's only thought when in the box is shoot & the defence had solid games. As it is,the other games worked out for us tonight as well so no harm done & still a 10 point gap plus a way better goal difference between us the rest from 4th downwards in the table.

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

Deluded bunch. 

Robbies right hand man
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

It’s entertaining and funny. 

Or it is if you’re a ****ing idiot. 

that bit of a comment was unnecessary. Explain yourself 

3 minutes ago, Robbies right hand man said:

that bit of a comment was unnecessary. Explain yourself 

Why? Anyone who thinks it’s funny to laugh at someone with issues is an idiot. Pretty clear. 

Robbies right hand man
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Why? Anyone who thinks it’s funny to laugh at someone with issues is an idiot. Pretty clear. 

The video looks to me that the man has mental health issues or other issues. But you bash on with it ignorant and verging on bullying ways. Good guy.

Don’t call me an idiot again please. 

Ta ta

Edited by Robbies right hand man

49 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

As usual folk expecting 4-0 hammerings. Doesn’t happen

Haha 😄 🤣  I think I will predict a squeaky 1-0 next time, we will probably end up hammering them 😄 

Just now, Robbies right hand man said:

Mir looks to me the man has mental health issues. But you bash on with it ignorant and verging on bullying ways.

Don’t call me an idiot again please. 

Ta ta

Interpretation isn’t your strong point is it. I’m agreeing with you. I was saying anyone who finds that video humorous is an idiot. 

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hibs. Net on Porto 😂😂

They Been on  the glue ? 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The twat that is going on about us needing to take our chances.

You really need to take a long look at yourself.  

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Again i never said that 😂😂 what I'm getting at if you're team plays more open and is attacking chances are you will win a game by more goals, cons to that you may also get goals scored against you. 

Robbie will make sure the defence is strong first and foremost, as he was a defender so it doesn't take much to work that out, am i saying he's negative no, I've stated that twice now, what I'm saying is he has us 3rd fact, are we enjoyable to watch every game? no, does he have us winning most weeks yes. 

Fans are complaining about style formation etc, if they have a problem speak to board, but don't expect games we're we look to outscore the team by attacking 24/7 ain't going to happen, Robbie will make sure his team are hard to beat then attack and score goals, nothing wrong with that just a different style of play etc. 

Be honest did you really think we were beating Hibs 3-0 tonight a bit of realism eh. 

I thought there was a chance of it. And had their keeper not been on his A game it might have happened.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

I thought there was a chance of it. And had their keeper not been on his A game it might have happened.

Seems like a decent young lad who’s just kept his head down and hoped for a break. He was quite humble and seemed overawed by the whole thing in his post match interviews. 
Still wish he’d let a couple in though and I think it may be the best game he ever has. 

1 minute ago, aberhill jambo said:

Yeh not his best game tonight 

Tired last half hour.  Take it you missed the first half and start of 2nd?

When you consider we were missing Halkett and Souttar, a draw isn't really too bad even if it should clearly have been a win.

Onwards and upwards.

57 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Sadly I was one of those folk!

On paper that should have been the case but you’re right, a typical Derby. 

If we had started the first half with more urgency who knows what would have happened.

Look forward to the game back at Tynecastle now.

Aye, IF h1b5 make the top 6

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This ^ we are still in a very good place, disappointed that we didn't get the win but that's football.

Cant be arsed finding original post but +1

Folk need to get behind what’s happening at the club.

Lucille's Thirsty
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is actually embarrassing the way some fans treat Neilson on this site. The man isn’t perfect but he lined up exactly how the majority of would have with two first choice centre backs out. 

We had two stone wallers denied, their keeper had a worldie and all this away at Easter road. We didn’t lose. Nobody likes to draw against that mob but Neilson done everything right here. 

Third in the table, we never dropped any points on our closest rivals and are looking on great shape. About time some of the Neilson out brigade put their ****ing pitch forks away and actually back the team. Absolute fuds and you ruin this forum. 

well ****ing said. 

last ten years, our best and most consistent seasons have been under Robbie, I’m 110% behind him, the club are moving towards what we all want as Hearts supporters, clear in 3rd with better players and hopefully closing the gap to Old Firm, which will only come with time and stability. 

A draw was fair. Sibbick saved us and Dabrowski saved them. Yep, we should have had a penalty when Simms was bundled over but I'd have been miffed if that was given against us. End of the day, we are on course for 3rd. That's bigger than beating the tripe.

Just watched sportscene, def a penalty in the first half and also should have been one from the indirect free kick. I know it happened quickly but the ref was looking right st it when the hibs boy blocked it with his arm.

11 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Just watched sportscene, def a penalty in the first half and also should have been one from the indirect free kick. I know it happened quickly but the ref was looking right st it when the hibs boy blocked it with his arm.

Same here.  Two clear penaties.  Hearts profligate in front of goal.  Other than Sibbick's clesrance, Hibs didn't seem to offer much at all.

The most pleasing aspect for me is how happy the Hibs fans and manager are with that performance. They were awful other than the first 25 minutes and if that’s a performance they are happy with them we really have nothing to worry about. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Australis said:

Simms was a breath of fresh air compared to Boyce and Mackay.

Definitely, they barely contributed tonight. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Maloney reeks of Cathro

Cathro deservedly lost against them, admittedly he was up against a manager who demanded victory. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, karipidis said:

The most pleasing aspect for me is how happy the Hibs fans and manager are with that performance. They were awful other than the first 25 minutes and if that’s a performance they are happy with them we really have nothing to worry about. 

Apart from not beating such a poor team with low expectations?

Pasquale for King

Wrong team once again, a blind man could see Halliday is too slow to deal with Cadden but not our Hun loving coaching staff. 

Awful first half AGAIN, we will never get to where we want to go with this coaching staff, not sure what else the recruitment team can do.

A friend of mine who lives in Glasgow, and is definitely not a Hearts supporter, sent me an email after the game that simply said "That referee robbed you." 

4 hours ago, Boris said:

Mind when they were in the championship and beat us in the cup?

Not having a pop at RN, just challenging your theory.

What about the Scottish Cup in 2020.

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, karipidis said:

This 

4 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

A draw was fair. Sibbick saved us and Dabrowski saved them. Yep, we should have had a penalty when Simms was bundled over but I'd have been miffed if that was given against us. End of the day, we are on course for 3rd. That's bigger than beating the tripe.

I think you need to look at the penalty shout again. Stevenson made no attempt to get the ball, he’s mugged the ref off and deliberately charged into Ellis. It’s as clear a penalty as you’re ever likely to see and if it was against us I’d be saying the same thing. 

Keep watching that penalty shout (the one where the h1b5 player rugby tackles Simms) and everytime I'm thinking Stonewall pen. Joke of a decision. This referee Robertson really is hugely incompetent or he is biased, every time we get him as ref he seems to cost us. Robbie spot on with the post match comments.

5 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Why would you be miffed? As clear a penalty as you are likely to see.