• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• daavojaay

• Hearts007

• tian447

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Beni was ****ing class and won the ball back several times. I take it you listen to the radio and don't watch the games?

Class?  Caught numerous times on the ball, aye, he did win it plenty times.

Picked the wrong pass a few times too.  I love the guy, he’s been tremendous before his injury but I think he’d say himself he was rusty tonight.  

Just now, heartyhub said:

A bit harsh mate. Their keeper just made 3 cracking saves, we should have had 2 penalties and we had a couple of decent half chances. A bit unlucky tonight.

I think fair tbh, under Neilson have we ever pumped the old firm, Hibs or Aberdeen, what you see is what you get I'm actually backing him with the result. 

People think because we won 3-1 last time that any manager can do that, no it doesn't work like that, one manager let's his team play with freedom and express themselves, the other is more compact, not hard to understand. 

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Beni was ****ing class and won the ball back several times. I take it you listen to the radio and don't watch the games?

I was singing his praises no end at half time but he did tire. 

All in all though, a good performance and miles ahead of their midfield.

Just now, chester copperpot said:

Nope. I just have a decent grasp of football mate. Obviously you’re a bit different. He got caught in possession at least half a dozen times.

He wasn’t poor. Bet he fell below his usual high standards. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Let’s be honest, they are utter shite. We’ve got better players and did enough to win that without really doing much at all.

The formation is flawed with the players we have. Beni and Devlin are far too similar to play in a midfield two, neither of them have a forward pass or get in to the box, no goals there. The back three is really a back five, the wide players are fullbacks and they end up with all the time/space in the attacking third to cross the ball, instead of attacking players. The front three get crap service and basically left to get on with it.

We’ve got a strong squad, made some good signings and are solid - that’s enough to be third in the league. Would like to see us bin a back five and play a less defensive/pragmatic system. Don’t need to be shitting ourselves to the likes of these.

How were we shitting ourselves what a shit comment 

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Class?  Caught numerous times on the ball, aye, he did win it plenty times.

Picked the wrong pass a few times too.  I love the guy, he’s been tremendous before his injury but I think he’d say himself he was rusty tonight.  

Nobody was going to him though. There was one moment in the 2nd half where he got it back beat a couple of players in the touch line and not a single Hearts player went to help. 

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Too many off nights tonight which is so disappointing. Devlin, Moore, Beni, McKay, Boyce all fell well below their usual standards.

And can we now put the Andy Halliday chat to bed once and for all? The guy is league one standard. Not matter how much a ‘trier’ he is!

Beni was class tonight. Broke up the play almost every time and aside from not moving the ball quick enough on occasion, he played very well. Sometimes down to him but mainly because no one showed for the ball. The rest - agreed.

Edited by MattyK82

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’m completely lost with what a foul is now to be honest.

The one with Simms, Hibs player has made absolutely no attempt on the ball, just body checked him when he’s through on goal, and nothing?

The first one is just laughable. I mean it's so ****ing obviously a penalty, and yet again, we have a clown with his own agenda changing outcome of game.

Rest assured, if that happens on Sunday at Ibrox on our box, the decision will be different.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Appreciate stats make a ***** of people but:

- won possession

- won shots

- won shots on target

- 2 pens due, one a stonewaller denied which would have meant 10 men for over a half.

Shit happens folk - we are better than them and that much is clear.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was awful, must have given the ball away or a free kick just about every time.  

Still can’t believe we didn’t get the first half penalty and red card, although have to admit I didn’t see the handball in real time at the indirect free kick. 

Agree mate - He should be nowhere near the team.

Outrageous we were not award the penalty, second yellow for that cheat Stevenson as well. Boyd is still in disbelief the ref never gave it. The one in the 2nd half, again right in front of the ref, nothing given.

How many time are we going to  get cheated by the corrupt officials. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We should have had 2 penalties so might have scored the 2nd one after missing the first.

Need to put more pressure on the refs on and off the field... far too many bad decisions of late.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think fair tbh, under Neilson have we ever pumped the old firm, Hibs or Aberdeen, what you see is what you get I'm actually backing him with the result. 

People think because we won 3-1 last time that any manager can do that, no it doesn't work like that, one manager let's his team play with freedom and express themselves, the other is more compact, not hard to understand. 

under what manager have we ever regaularly “pumped” Aberdeen / hibs and the old firm ? 

5 minutes ago, Big John Colquhoun said:

Let’s be honest, they are utter shite. We’ve got better players and did enough to win that without really doing much at all.

The formation is flawed with the players we have. Beni and Devlin are far too similar to play in a midfield two, neither of them have a forward pass or get in to the box, no goals there. The back three is really a back five, the wide players are fullbacks and they end up with all the time/space in the attacking third to cross the ball, instead of attacking players. The front three get crap service and basically left to get on with it.

We’ve got a strong squad, made some good signings and are solid - that’s enough to be third in the league. Would like to see us bin a back five and play a less defensive/pragmatic system. Don’t need to be shitting ourselves to the likes of these.

well said. Issue with having to play a back 5 is with both souttar, smith 

and Halkett out we don’t have many options to play 4 at the back.

south morocco
4 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Might have got one of them 

Wouldn’t have had the 2nd if the first one was awarded. Stevenson would have been off.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nobody was going to him though. There was one moment in the 2nd half where he got it back beat a couple of players in the touch line and not a single Hearts player went to help. 

Aye, agree there. I think the word “static” was used a few times in texts over the match describing our performance.

But there was times a maroon jersey was staring him(and others many times during the game) in the face for a simple touch and pass.  We were well off it, imo

Edited by Debut 4

Neilson went with a team that would battle and that's exactly what it was. I haven't seen a hibs team show that much bottle for a while and that's the only reason they got a point (And the fact we got denied two blatant pens). We're clearly the better team but it was a classic standard derby with lots of heart and not much quality. 

meh

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The better youngsters are going to go to teams like Everton because City, United and Liverpool are going to spend their way to success and they will only see a chance in cup games.

TAA, Tyler Morton, Neco Williams, Curtis Jones all academy players playing EPL games and CL games for Liverpool. At Utd you've got Rashford and well not any more by the looks of it Greenwood. I think you're talking shite mate. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Should have probably had a penalty, not sure if we did enough to win the game but definitely didn't deserve to lose. They are terrible mind you. 

Only one penalty and only probably?  Did you not watch it?

Gordon Ramsay
8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It’s absolutely mental. Missing a couple key players, we didn’t play too badly, had our chances but their keeper played a blinder. If one of those goes in this place is completely different.

Lets not talk about the ref…

All in all, we’ve had a tough run of fixtures and extended our lead in the league. That’s my main focus, not whether or not we beat Hibs in a single game.

This. 

Doesn't give me confidence we'll get a result at ibrox but you never know.  One or two refereeing decisions in our favour wouldn't hurt but we have to find the back of the net more often.

Nobody would give a **** about formations, tactics, negativity, Hibs, Boyce, Neilson or any other of the ‘factors’ that stopped us winning if Don Robertson hadn’t shat his shorts and ignored a blatant penalty. Stevenson would have been off and we’d have been playing against ten men for the rest of the game. 

I’m gutted for Neilson tonight. How many times are ref’s going to **** us over?

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Beni was class tonight. Broke up the play almost every time and aside from not moving the ball quick enough on occasion, he played very well. Sometimes down to him but mainly because no one showed for the ball. The rest - agreed.

That’s the thing. He has set such high standards that it shows when they drop. I don’t think he was poor but as I said as a collective there were too many not on the very top of there game. Beni being one. 

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The first one is just laughable. I mean it's so ****ing obviously a penalty, and yet again, we have a clown with his own agenda changing outcome of game.

Rest assured, if that happens on Sunday at Ibrox on our box, the decision will be different.

I mean, tackles that are fair but a bit meaty, i.e. player slides in, wins the ball but goes right through the player in the follow through, are fouls now, and refs will stop play and award a free kick.

So aye, find it baffling that a player bodychecking another player whilst making no attempt at the ball is considered fair game.

Maroon Sailor

I'm blaming the ref - he's never done us any favours

Stonewall and red card

Stonewall from the player who should have had the red card

Big decisions that can decide football matches and he blatantly / knowingly got them both wrong

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, south morocco said:

Wouldn’t have had the 2nd if the first one was awarded. Stevenson would have been off.

Well spotted I was waiting on that :whistling:

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let his team play with freedom my backside. He was utterly clueless, played with no tactics or clue, managed a win at Easter Road, but managed to take us to bottom of league.

Stop revising history.

Not a great game. Just a bit too frantic for us ever to get settled but I said at the start a draw wasn’t the worst outcome as long as Motherwell didn’t win. Another game ticked off and the gap is still enormous.

2 stonewall penalties denied us the win. Something needs done about this and VAR is the obvious answer to me. We need a meeting with the authorities like Rangers got. This issue has to be pushed and pushed  cos that’s at least 6 points we’ve lost to bad decisions this season alone.

Finally, to those looking at the table and then slating the manager. I wasn’t previously his biggest fan but you cannot argue that he’s turned it around to a big extent. Honestly guys, engage the brain.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm starting to take to Kris Boyd. Keeps this up and I might start calling him 'Boydie' :cheese:

If you’re watching Sundays match on the telly you might change your opinion pretty quickly 🙂

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doesn't give me confidence we'll get a result at ibrox but you never know.  One or two refereeing decisions in our favour wouldn't hurt but we have to find the back of the net more often.

We are not getting a decision at Ibrox unless Neil Lennon is referring 

14 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Woodburn, a complete  and utter waste of a jersey.

Totally agree - stupid wee flicks and daft fouls! He comes across as a young scouse Jack the lad too big for his boots!

We battered them second half and some people still complain? Not neilsons fault we were denied two penalties and stevenson should have been off.  Simms has to score at least one of his chances aswell.  Boyce, woodburn and ginnelly were garbage again.  We need to sign 3/4 forwards in the summer 

7 minutes ago, Holtie said:

You’re a happy chap😁

I love football being exciting. The derby is one of only a handful of big games we have and it's a big part of Hearts identity to dominate it. Just trying to explain why many put such emphasis on it is all 👍

Edited by Taffin

We were missing two key automatic starting players.

We had two solid penalty claims denied. The direct free kick in their box should have been retaken because the vermin defenders were only about 2 yards away when the ball was kicked. The referee was the poorest performer on the field.

Their GK saved their bacon three times.

We're 12 points ahead of Hibs.  The onus is on them to beat us if they want to narrow the gap.  They failed.  

A win would have been nice but, all in all, it was a satisfactory night's work.  HHGH.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

under what manager have we ever regaularly “pumped” Aberdeen / hibs and the old firm ? 

The point being raised is that Robbie is negative away from home, what I'm saying is Robbie isn't all out attack. 

I'm not criticising him. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

2 wins out of 9

Both victory’s where we scored a penalty and they missed one, that’s not good enough, can’t be many Hearts managers with a worse record. 

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Nope. I just have a decent grasp of football mate. Obviously you’re a bit different. He got caught in possession at least half a dozen times.

Fair enough  I guess it's all about opinions.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm not Neilson's biggest fan but the fact we dropped two points in this game isn't due to him. Some players underperformed and their keeper turned out not to be Zibi's love child. You could argue that he could have made the subs earlier but the only sub who actually had any impact was Cochrane.

His biggest problem was Souttar and Halkett out.

Just now, The Maroon Pound said:

We are not getting a decision at Ibrox unless Neil Lennon is referring 

Any Celtic minded ref would give rangers all the big decisions on Sunday so they could save any ‘controversy’ for the next time they ref a Celtic match. 

The first penalty claim was nothing but a pure assault.

The ref was a buffoon.

Wonder what Simms, Devlin, Atkinson and Sibbick think of our officials.

Fecking joke.

Bazzas right boot

The Bob haters frothing at the gash as we never won. 

At least they are now having a good night. 

They've become a parody of themselves. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Let his team play with freedom my backside. He was utterly clueless, played with no tactics or clue, managed a win at Easter Road, but managed to take us to bottom of league.

Stop revising history.

Sorry who are you? And why are you messaging me? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both victory’s where we scored a penalty and they missed one, that’s not good enough, can’t be many Hearts managers with a worse record. 

You'll be back to the 70s certainly. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Totally agree - stupid wee flicks and daft fouls! He comes across as a young scouse Jack the lad too big for his boots!

Frustrates the life out of me. There are other players more deserving of a chance than Woodburn. 

Just now, DS98 said:

They had 3 men on him every time he had the ball. Most of the time he held their 3 off him. And he had some really good blocks. We should have had more players moving into space for him so he could have released the ball earlier. That was the main problem in that he had no out ball half the time so was trying to run the ball into a different area to pass. 

Take Beni out of the side and we would have had more trouble tonight.

Plus Devlin was excellent, back to his usual self harrying anything in a green shirt. Only this time (unlike the Celtic game) he wasn't getting caught out of possession.

The only reason they had a bit of pressure in the 1st half was I thought defensively we took time to settle and bottom line, with Souttar and Halkett out, we lost a bot of composure. 

We are still 10 points clear in 3rd. They would have gave it everything they had tonight to stop us from motoring clear but apart from more dodgy refereeing, and their keeper playing a blinder, we could have won that by 2 or 3 goals no problem 

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Disappointed tonight but this is spot on. 

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

This!

6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

:clap: Needed to be said big Alim. Back your team should be the mantra.

6 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Well said sir, this man gets it! 🙏

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

👏

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well said. Criticise the man man he deserves it.. after Brora I had the pitchfork sharpened

but we have zero to complain about this season. I’ve seen far worse derby performances from managers these clown most likely idolise.

if the decisions had gone out way that would have been a comfortable win

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

It's blowing my mind. I'm not RN's biggest fan BUT he is very passionate about the club and he has us very comfortably in third. Not scared to call out poor refereeing either. Honestly wonder if there's people here who want us to lose so he looks bad and they're just moaning about him tonight after a draw because we haven't been losing enough games to their liking. Mental.

Think it should also be mentioned that Neilson is a cup winning legend (not enough can be said about that tackle) with over 200 appearances over 10 years. How many players can say that? 

As a manager he has had us promoted twice on the first time of asking, stabilised us and left us in 3rd place and once again has us in 3rd place (comfortably) oh he was a penalty away from beating Celtic in the final as well. 

Some bad results (Hibs, Brora) but ultimately his overall contribution to this club cannot be ignored. The man has earned the right to be respected and given the full support here. But compete arseholes on this forum just forget all that and concentrate on two/three bad results. 

Least there is some on here with common sense though.