Dot Count | Hearts v Celtic | 24th January 2022

JALBO

2 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

The Celtic liaison officer has indicated that there are more tickets going around than seats and that police will lock the gates once capacity is filled even if fans with genuine tickets are left outside. So any Celtic fan using a fake is doing his fellow supporters getting lawful entry

serves them right

Yip, no sympathy if they are duplicating tickets. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• JALBO

• Homme

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

The Celtic liaison officer has indicated that there are more tickets going around than seats and that police will lock the gates once capacity is filled even if fans with genuine tickets are left outside. So any Celtic fan using a fake is doing his fellow supporters getting lawful entry

serves them right

It's a damning indictment that an official of the club knows what's going on and makes it public.

If ever there was a reason to refuse future allocations, this is it !

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, no sympathy if they are duplicating tickets. 

Correct. More fools them

12 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

serves them right

Presumably all tickets have a unique barcode? Deny them entry and have the police arrest them - it's a simple question, who gave you the code or who did you give your code too? Unless there are actually penalties associated with this fraud they will persist.

200 in the home end will be absolute nonsense, how would someone even know how many celtic fans had been able to get home end tickets unless it was some concerted organised effort which i highly doubt. 

No doubt there will be some. If they sit and keep their mouths shut and watch the game i am sure they will be fine but they would be silly to make themselves known. 

I know a celtic fan who buys tickets regularly for home ends of grounds when he cant get an away ticket, he has been in the home end at both Hearts and Hibs a number of times so I would guess he will have a buying history. To be fair to the guy, he generally goes on his own and sits and watches the game and has never had any type of issue at any ground.

We Can But Worry
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

11am update:

Wheatfield     17

Roseburn    365

Main              00

Gorgie           03

Total left     385

...with the caveat from yesterday about the 170-180 seats being removed from section H.

1pm update:

Wheatfield     7

Roseburn      312

Main               1

Gorgie           199 (207 were released late morning)

Total left     519

1 minute ago, We Can But Worry said:

1pm update:

Wheatfield     7

Roseburn      312

Main               1

Total left     519

Budge oot. 🤣

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

serves them right

Not that I have much sympathy for them anyway but surely they’ve shown their tickets to folk so they can be duplicated 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

21 minutes ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

serves them right

How does the Celtic Liaison officer know this ? What’s his name. Where is the link to this ? I thought we had combatted this nonsense 2 years ago when we upgraded the ticketing system so a bar code can only be used once then it gets blocked ?

Just now, JimmyCant said:

How does the Celtic Liaison officer know this ? What’s his name. Where is the link to this ? I thought we had combatted this nonsense 2 years ago when we upgraded the ticketing system so a bar code can only be used once then it gets blocked ?

It's on Twitter.

He said fans should arrive early as when capacity for their sections is reached, the gates will be closed and will not re-open.

You don't need to read between any lines to know what he's on about.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

200 in the home end will be absolute nonsense, how would someone even know how many celtic fans had been able to get home end tickets unless it was some concerted organised effort which i highly doubt. 

No doubt there will be some. If they sit and keep their mouths shut and watch the game i am sure they will be fine but they would be silly to make themselves known. 

I know a celtic fan who buys tickets regularly for home ends of grounds when he cant get an away ticket, he has been in the home end at both Hearts and Hibs a number of times so I would guess he will have a buying history. To be fair to the guy, he generally goes on his own and sits and watches the game and has never had any type of issue at any ground.

There was a guy who admitted that he was a Celtic fan who was the last game against them,how he got a ticket when the crowd was limited is anyones guess. 
On the bright side if they might help us sell out and keep their allocation down. 
Surely any causing trouble will be dealt with. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

It's on Twitter.

He said fans should arrive early as when capacity for their sections is reached, the gates will be closed and will not re-open.

You don't need to read between any lines to know what he's on about.

So he hasn’t actually said there are more tickets around than were allocated ? 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, We Can But Worry said:

1pm update:

Wheatfield     7

Roseburn      312

Main               1

Total left     519

Can’t blame folk that don’t want to sit beside them in the Roseburn. 

AlphonseCapone
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You get 1 point for home tickets 

I assume he means setting a threshold for tickets for these types of games so say 5 LPs rather than 1 which will at a minimum make it significantly more expensive for old firm fans to build up the points and likely put many off. 

portobellojambo1
22 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Presumably all tickets have a unique barcode? Deny them entry and have the police arrest them - it's a simple question, who gave you the code or who did you give your code too? Unless there are actually penalties associated with this fraud they will persist.

I had heard something a long while back, over a year ago, that there had been a member of staff at Tynecastle who was a Celtic fan, who had passed information on about codes used. No idea if it was true or not, but whoever is doing the forging had to get the information from somewhere, but I've no idea how easy it is to either get the codes or then replicate them. I'd doubt the system in place at football ground turnstiles would be sophisticated enough to tell if someone is trying to enter using a code which has already been scanned for that same game, but again I don't know the ins and outs of forgeries.

Edited by portobellojambo1

15 minutes ago, We Can But Worry said:

1pm update:

Wheatfield     7

Roseburn      312

Main               1

Total left     519

I wonder if they've moved 207 hospitality seats from the Gorgie to Roseburn, to make that stand look busier, and also thinking walk up fans are more likely to want to buy a ticket for the Gorgie stand so may result in more sales. Sounds like a good idea if that's the reason for the seats move.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd doubt the system in place at football ground turnstiles would be sophisticated enough to tell if someone has already entered using a code which has already been scanned for that same game, but again I don't know the ins and outs of forgeries.

On the contrary, in todays world, this should be easy, and the very least we should expect.

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So he hasn’t actually said there are more tickets around than were allocated ? 

He can't, can he !

Telling fans to get there early as the gates will be shut surely tells it's own story.

If there are 1400 tickets, and no forgeries, the gates won't be shut till the last person is in !

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, ericb said:

On the contrary, in todays world, this should be easy, and the very least we should expect.

Yip, of course I understand what you say but don't know what the detail on the ticket says. I'd agree that it makes sense that a scanning system should know if the code being scanned has already been used but I don't know how easy it is for a forger to play about with that code/change it in any way. In my previous post I should really have said I don't know rather than I doubt.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I had heard something a long while back, over a year ago, that there had been a member of staff at Tynecastle who was a Celtic fan, who had passed information on about codes used. No idea if it was true or not, but whoever is doing the forging had to get the information from somewhere, but I've no idea how easy it is to either get the codes or then replicate them. I'd doubt the system in place at football ground turnstiles would be sophisticated enough to tell if someone has already entered using a code which has already been scanned for that same game, but again I don't know the ins and outs of forgeries.

Surely once your unique barcode's been scanned, no one else can get in with that barcode? There must only be 1,000 barcodes for celtic fans so would be easy enough for technology to recognise when one has already been scanned?

MarkDevriesScores4

If I travelled to an away game with a valid ticket and couldn’t get in because fans on my own club had committed fraud, I’d be furious with my own club’s fans.

for some reason, Celtic fans blame hearts.

on the other hand, hearts fans wouldn’t do that because we’re not tramps.

1 minute ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Surely once your unique barcode's been scanned, no one else can get in with that barcode? There must only be 1,000 barcodes for celtic fans so would be easy enough for technology to recognise when one has already been scanned?

Few weeks back there was Man United fans using tickets from 2018 to get into the game at st james park. Id really like to think we have a better system in place.

Enforce them all to sit. Those standing will not have a seat but will have a ticket... dont let them stand and block the stairs as they always do

awadooningorgie2

Club could collect tickets once fans have passed turnstiles then do a matching up afterwards to see just what is actually going on?

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If anyone sitting in the Roseburn stand tonight and spots one of the smelly rebels you have my permission to throw them down the stairs.

I have a West coast accent, will be in the roseburn tonight but a jam tart fan. I'm shiting it...

7 minutes ago, Homme said:

This isn't a problem unique to Hearts, it's almost every away game that Celtic play.

Yet nothing is done about this. 

Sadly it will take an accident and someone seriously hurt for Police to act. 

17 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If I travelled to an away game with a valid ticket and couldn’t get in because fans on my own club had committed fraud, I’d be furious with my own club’s fans.

Yip. Seen some comments on social media, bleating about the old bill and stewards should be sorting it.

Talk about a woosh moment !

I think obviously that Celtic fans are letting someone else photocopy their ticket then play the indignant card once gates get shut

Or is that too simplistic?

28 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

That would be the same Celtic fans that were selling forgeries to each other a few years ago at a match in Blackburn? 

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Homme said:

When they are squeezing through turnstiles two at a time it's hard to manage.

They are utter pondlife.

They manage it perefctly well down at the methadome

portobellojambo1
31 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Hi there, I replied to a previous post and changed the word doubt to don't know, because I genuinely don't know what information is held on the bar code that the scanners pick up. I accept I'm stupid/limited in terms of that but I don't know if, for example, there is a barcode for each game, but all the other relevant information is printed on the ticket, the likes of stand, row, seat number, for example, or if all that information shows on the actual barcode that is scanned.

Neverforgetfiveone
15 minutes ago, sinks said:

😀

Just say Ken at the end of every sentence and you’ll be fine… Ken 😉

23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hi there, I replied to a previous post and changed the word doubt to don't know, because I genuinely don't know what information is held on the bar code that the scanners pick up. I accept I'm stupid/limited in terms of that but I don't know if, for example, there is a barcode for each game, but all the other relevant information is printed on the ticket, the likes of stand, row, seat number, for example, or if all that information shows on the actual barcode that is scanned.

Yeah, sorry, I'd noticed you'd replied to another post after I'd posted my response.

I'm the same in that I don't know the ins and outs of barcodes but you'd think at the very least it would pick up the same ticket/barcode being used twice, plus also look to match the barcodes that have been issued. 

18 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've been to plenty gigs at places like the hydro in Glasgow where as a smoker I need to scan in and out each time, times where i've not scanned out and tried to get back in i've been forced back to the main entrance to re-validate my ticket either with photo ID or showing email receipt/confirmation etc on my phone, technology to properly control it is there but the only reason I can see is Police Scotland not wanting hundreds of the tramps kicking off outside the stadium

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I've been to plenty gigs at places like the hydro in Glasgow where as a smoker I need to scan in and out each time, times where i've not scanned out and tried to get back in i've been forced back to the main entrance to re-validate my ticket either with photo ID or showing email receipt/confirmation etc on my phone, technology to properly control it is there but the only reason I can see is Police Scotland not wanting hundreds of the tramps kicking off outside the stadium

And you can be sure as hell if anything at all kicks off tonight it will be our fault for “denying” Celtic their full stand of tickets. Even if it is visibly Celtic fans causing trouble. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

My sister just been telling me there's a Jambo on a Celtic supporters fans site telling them he's got tickets for Celtic family members over from Ireland for Hearts end

MarkDevriesScores4

Id struggle to care less about Sellick fans doing each other over with fake tickets.

my seat and every jambo’s seat is secured. That’s all that matters

leave them drooling and snarling in the street.

2.45pm count - 5 hours to go - we've got 258 left in the Roseburn, plus circa 200 ex-hospitality in the upper rows of X in the Gorgie.

Notwithstanding all that's been said on here, we'll have 1,000+ more Hearts fans at the game than we would have had if the whole of the Roseburn had been given over to Celtic (and 2,000 less Celtic fans). 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Yet nothing is done about this. 

Sadly it will take an accident and someone seriously hurt for Police to act. 

And because it's someone elses stadium, that particular club will be the one taken to task.

5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

2.45pm count - 5 hours to go - we've got 258 left in the Roseburn, plus circa 200 ex-hospitality in the upper rows of X in the Gorgie.

Notwithstanding all that's been said on here, we'll have 1,000+ more Hearts fans at the game than we would have had if the whole of the Roseburn had been given over to Celtic (and 2,000 less Celtic fans). 

Seems fair enough as 1 Hearts supporter is worth at least 2 Celtic supporters. 

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

My sister just been telling me there's a Jambo on a Celtic supporters fans site telling them he's got tickets for Celtic family members over from Ireland for Hearts end

Seems very unlikely that's a genuine Jambo.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Seems very unlikely that's a genuine Jambo.

Don't know if is or not but only saying what my sister told me, my sister unfortunately a Celtic supoorter

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, stirlingshirejambo said:

serves them right

I think Hearts should speak to that liaison officer and find out the scale of the problem and if it’s, say 50 or more fake tickets, then Hearts should announce that due to health and safety reasons NO Ceptic fans swill be admitted this evening and that all stands will only be available for Hearts supporters. 
The seethe would be marvellous. 
Scummy, mhanky, thieving, *****. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

Make the ***** queue at the ticket office for a "turnstile voucher' which they get in exchange for a valid ticket ( which is taken off them). Print exact number of vouchers and no one gets near the actual turnstiles without having a voucher. Voucher is handed in on entry through the turnstile. Sit anywhere on first come first served basis. 

If they don't get in by half time that would be a real shame. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I had heard something a long while back, over a year ago, that there had been a member of staff at Tynecastle who was a Celtic fan, who had passed information on about codes used. No idea if it was true or not, but whoever is doing the forging had to get the information from somewhere, but I've no idea how easy it is to either get the codes or then replicate them. I'd doubt the system in place at football ground turnstiles would be sophisticated enough to tell if someone is trying to enter using a code which has already been scanned for that same game, but again I don't know the ins and outs of forgeries.

I’ve seen someone of a Celtic persuasion whose been there a while selling tickets outside the Old Stand before, also not ringing up the money for an old programme I’ve purchased. Wouldn’t surprise if it was him. 

joondalupjambo

My head says one hand let the exact number in then shut the gates but my other bad heads says well done if you are doing something so sophisticated that the forgeries are getting used and folk are getting in.

Sounds mad eh but if in this day and age the police, both the club's and both sets of liaison teams cannot get to the bottom of this ongoing problem is then you have to ask why?

If it is happening, is continuing and is not stopped then surely that is a WTF moment?

Edited by joondalupjambo