Dot Count | Hearts v Celtic | 24th January 2022

JALBO

Count with 2 days to go:

Wheatfield    65

Roseburn    930

Main               15

Gorgie           22

Total left   1032

I imagine we'll shift a good number of those over the next couple of days. 

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Pasquale for King

• JALBO

• Homme

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count with 2 days to go:

Wheatfield    65

Roseburn    930

Main               15

Gorgie           22

Total left   1032

Thanks for the count JALBO, I hope we do shift a good number 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

As it stands the sales are a bit disappointing given the way we have been playing. 

If they don't pick up we can have no complaints if the club give Celtic the whole Roseburn next  season. 

Edited by ramrod

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

As it stands the sales are a bit disappointing given the way we have been playing. 

If they don't pick up we can have no complaints if the club give Celtic the whole Roseburn next  season. 

Bollocks, it's midweek.

It’s Celtic and midweek also I don’t think a lot of families will want to pay top dollar to sit beside those rodents 🤔 you will sell out everywhere else but I still think there will be over 500 left ☹️ But you never know.

Strange as Roseburn was fairly full last week against St J.  Hopefully club can get some initiatives going in last few days to get those sales up. 

30 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Strange as Roseburn was fairly full last week against St J.  Hopefully club can get some initiatives going in last few days to get those sales up. 

Sales were similar to now, two days before the St Johnstone game. We’ll sell a fair amount more. 

Italian Lambretta

Increased checks of vaccination status and lateral flow tests are putting a lot of people off going.

It's as simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Increased checks of vaccination status and lateral flow tests are putting a lot of people off going.

It's as simple as that. 

😂 Aye that’ll be it. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Absolutely No Chance

Celtic and Rangers won’t get anymore next season than they are now, in fact there is more chance they will get less

There allocations have been cut because the Hearts fans (who own the club) demanded it

20 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It's as simple as that. 

So why did we get 18,129 v Dundee United when people had to show vaccine passports but before they could show a test result instead.

35 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It's as simple as that. 

Excuse my french but that is horseshit.  A midweek game and a toxic atmosphere will put a lot of families off for this one plus, for a lot of people, this game is just before pay day in January.  All in all, not a good time to pay a premium price for football.

When we are trying to compete with the old firm we are really shooting ourself in the foot with this. If we can’t sell the tickets then this is pointless 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

When we are trying to compete with the old firm we are really shooting ourself in the foot with this. If we can’t sell the tickets then this is pointless 

No it isn’t pointless. Even if we only sell 1,000 in the Roseburn then that’s Hearts fans in attendance that wouldn’t have had the opportunity to be there. Celtic are getting around 1,400 so at worst the Roseburn will be just over 1,000 short of capacity. Monetary wise £25-£30K. Well worth it. 

I see the excuse of people not wanting to go because its Celtic is being used again by some.

The same people were saying that if the club reduced their allocation they would buy tickets to keep their allocation to a minimum.

Midweek in January against a horrible club with a notoriously toxic fanbase, hard one to sell out. Imagine we’ll shift a few, there will be walk ups on the day etc, even if theres not a single Jambo sat in the roseburn I’d still cut their allocation right down though, feck them, the loss of revenue would be negligible regardless, we don’t exist to give their neddy supporters a jolly & a day out

3 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

No it isn’t pointless. Even if we only sell 1,000 in the Roseburn then that’s Hearts fans in attendance that wouldn’t have had the opportunity to be there. Celtic are getting around 1,400 so at worst the Roseburn will be just over 1,000 short of capacity. Monetary wise £25-£30K. Well worth it. 

Yip.  Having less of their peasant fans in the ground means a better chance of us getting a result also. Cutting the Old Firm's allocation is a long term strategy.  We might not sell out this time but hopefully will do from next season onwards.  It also puts down a marker that Hearts dont need to rely on their minging fans to fill the stadium.  Unlike ever other club in the league.

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Well that's nonsense.

9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yip.  Having less of their peasant fans in the ground means a better chance of us getting a result also. Cutting the Old Firm's allocation is a long term strategy.  We might not sell out this time but hopefully will do from next season onwards.  It also puts down a marker that Hearts dont need to rely on their minging fans to fill the stadium.  Unlike ever other club in the league.

Bingo

I actually think there is a very good opportunity to win this game so it’s one fans should want to be at. More fans we have the better for the team. 

Is it srill the practice in the UK that pubic servants and possibly others are paid monthly?  If so, i would expect that sales of tickets for a midweek televised game will be impacted.

8 hours ago, Homme said:

Well that's nonsense.

Nobody can predict for certain whether the club will allocate the full Roseburn to Celtic next year that much is true but let's not pretend it isn't disappointing that we can't  sell tickets to circa 18k+ fans for this with the season we are having. 

Hopefully there wil be a rush for tickets today and tomorrow if not its all a bit Hibs tbh.

8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Nobody can predict for certain whether the club will allocate the full Roseburn to Celtic next year that much is true but let's not pretend it isn't disappointing that we can't  sell tickets to circa 18k+ fans for this with the season we are having. 

Hopefully there wil be a rush for tickets today and tomorrow if not its all a bit Hibs tbh.

We have 2 full days to sell tickets. We will get to within a few hundred of a sell out on a midweek game in January, where we also have 3 home games in 10 days,  and you are calling it a bit Hibs?? Bizarre.

Edited by karipidis

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A bit Hibs 😂😂😂😂

Having what 17-18 thousand for a midweek game against Celtic live on sky sports 3 days before payday. I think is very good going. The hobos would have nowhere near that. If the roseburn isn’t full the even better we don’t need there money.

44 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's no more Hibs than your post.

The attendance given tomorrow will be a good one.

Of course filling the seats would be better however It's actually quite amusing we've cut their allocation and there will be empty seats where more of them would have been.

9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Bang on there . We want to eradicate the sectarian nonsense from both our support but also to stop the bile and horrendous behaviour of visiting OF fans . A stand needs to be made and by doing this it is a start , a small step but one that needs to continue . 

The people who are posting about we need to sell out or it’s pointless etc etc , is absolutely missing the point , or either that they are bigots or plainly rather thick or just trolling 

Hopefully we get more uptake these next few days, if this was a Hibs game it would sell out no problem if their allocation was reduced so I don't buy the "few days before pay day etc."

It is frustrating that we're playing so well, great squad, third in the league and we can't sell out for a massive game against Celtic who we can get close to if we win this especially given their injuries etc. 

kettering jam tart

Looking at the sales anyway, the roseburn tickets sold vs what’s available in our other 3 stands shows it was the right decision to do this. Had we not done this yes the game would be a complete sell out but, there would already be 3/400 hearts supporters missing out.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

It's January. It is day or two before payday. It is during a global pandemic. Engage yer brain!

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Aye ok then 🥱.There is a huge difference between having a few hundred tickets left for a match and not being able to sell more then 6k tickets for a home Scottish cup tie. pffft 

39 minutes ago, Homme said:

It's no more Hibs than your post.

The attendance given tomorrow will be a good one.

Of course filling the seats would be better however It's actually quite amusing we've cut their allocation and there will be empty seats where more of them would have been.

Def ,one plus of not selling out will be listening to them mumping their gums sbout their reduced allocation and the fact I won't have to listen to their constant pish from a full Roseburn tomorrow night. 

The club have made a statement of intent.
Cutting the OF allocation has been widely supported for years and now it's happening. 
So what if there are some spaces in the Roseburn. As this goes on, hopefully it will become the norm.
Hope the mhanks are livid. Get it up them !

14 hours ago, JALBO said:

Count with 2 days to go:

Wheatfield    65

Roseburn    930

Main               15

Gorgie           22

Total left   1032

If we shift another 500 that will be nearly 1000 Hearts fans gaining entry at the expense of celtic fans, I'd be happy with that even if there were still 500 empty seats.

Here is hoping for a sellout but can't see it unless we make a signing of note today 

Tokyo Drifter
12 hours ago, ramrod said:

I'd rather take the hit and reduce the Ugly Sisters' allocation. Anyway, who wants to sit that close to the arse cheeks?

40 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Tomorrow is pay day for some. Expect a lot of late sales tomorrow.

Crowd will still be over 18,000.

Is this pay day lark still hold true given that most folk have credit cards these days?

12 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It's as simple as that. 

If the people put off from going are the ones hurling dogs abuse at the gate stewards for the queues and checking passports then good riddance.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'd rather take the hit and reduce the Ugly Sisters' allocation. Anyway, who wants to sit that close to the arse cheeks?

This for me too.

jamboinglasgow

I see the press are determined to attack us if we dont sell out tomorrow. There is an entitlement that the Old Firm have that they expect they should be given as many tickets as possible, the press side with them. But we decide to limit the tickets for the old firm then its up to us. I could understand if the old firm gave us the same amount of tickets or percentage of tickets when we go to Ibrox or Celtic Park, however they give us a tiny amount then act angry we dont give them a whole stand.

This article from the Sun is an example

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8330881/hearts-1000-unsold-tickets-celtic-slashing-away-fans/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ScottishSunSportTwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643108011

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

If there's any complaints, tell them that the vast majority of our supporters are from Edinburgh and the Lothians, whereas they fill their stands from all over Scotland and Ireland, many of the sectarian bigots , drawing revenue and support from local clubs. 

I prefer ours.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Stevenage Jambo

If the supply is now limited but the demand is still there, I would expect to see a healthy price increase for OF Away tickets next year?