Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Jim_Duncan

When they say Russia is winning, does that include regime change in Kiev happening anytime soon? Or have they scaled back their objectives?

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Does it still need to get passed the b'tards in the House of Representatives?

Yes it does. And, probably, no it won't.

2 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Does it still need to get passed the b'tards in the House of Representatives?

D.P.

Edited by redjambo

Sawdust Caesar

Incredible footage of close quarters fighting with British, Yanks and Canadians fighting for Ukraine. At 12:45 mins a Russian reporter/press guy panics and runs right into the wrong trench much to the Brit soldier's shock. 

It's from the summertime so apologies if already posted.

Any gory scenes have been censored.

cosanostra
16 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Incredible footage of close quarters fighting with British, Yanks and Canadians fighting for Ukraine. At 12:45 mins a Russian reporter/press guy panics and runs right into the wrong trench much to the Brit soldier's shock. 

It's from the summertime so apologies if already posted.

Any gory scenes have been censored.

Can you please try and post that link again? Doesn't seem to work for me. Sounds interesting.

Sawdust Caesar
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Can you please try and post that link again? Doesn't seem to work for me. Sounds interesting.

Sorry but it looks like it has now been removed from X, maybe Elon doesn't like seeing the Russians getting beat.

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure what this ship did. But it's another big explosion. 

Jeffros Furios

Ivan is interfering with the space Jews. 

15 hours ago, Pap said:

There's no way that ships making it back to shore.

:jjyay:

On the contrary, bits of it will be gradually making it back to shore over the next few weeks.

Mikey1874

It's a curious one. In normal times you might expect a reaction in Russia from the opposition. But seems Putin is completely in control.

Not much reaction from Ukraine though they will use it if possible. Navalny mostly seen there as anti Ukraine Russian nationalist. 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so people dont need to click the link. navalny has died in the gulag

Listening to some coverage on the radio, it made me wonder whether Putin actually goes along in person to watch them 'feel unwell' and 'lose consciousness' or if he just gets sent an MP4 file of it happening. 

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a curious one. In normal times you might expect a reaction in Russia from the opposition. But seems Putin is completely in control.

Not much reaction from Ukraine though they will use it if possible. Navalny mostly seen there as anti Ukraine Russian nationalist. 

Is it a curious one Mikey? Opposition in Russia? 

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Listening to some coverage on the radio, it made me wonder whether Putin actually goes along in person to watch them 'feel unwell' and 'lose consciousness' or if he just gets sent an MP4 file of it happening. 

Probably another exposure to Novichok.

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Probably another exposure to Novichok.

I suspect that there were instructions to have a bit more 'fun' with him. 

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so people dont need to click the link. navalny has died in the gulag

The only surprise is that it took them so long to murder him.

Jeffros Furios

He was never getting out alive .. he certainly was a Russia nationalist and  he changed to a more moderate figure to gain support from the west .

Boris Nemtsov was probably more a threat to Putin and he was unsurprisingly shot by Kadyrov's associates.  

SectionDJambo

I’ve never understood why Navalny went back to Russia, from Germany, after his hospital treatment there. He must have known that he’d be sent away somewhere remote to shut him up. 
I suppose he had his reasons.

Looks like Avdiivka is properly in the shite now.

The town is long and narrow, running from the north west to the south east.

Russia failed to full encircle the town, being stopped by the huge fortified chemical plant in the north and by their own ineptitude in the south.

They then tried to assault the town directly from the south east, through the industrial park. They had limited success here after finding a pipeline big enough to sneak troops through but this was closed off and the attack stalled.

Russia then attacked just south of the chemical plant and seems to have used infantry meat wave tactics to force their way through the narrow band of residential housing to reach the main road. With Avdiivka being long and narrow, this main road is the ONLY main supply line, which is now impassable.

Several units of Ukrainians are now cut off and are trying to break out and withdraw to the north.

They're being hit hard by the Russian air force as well as having to deal with meat wave infantry assaults from all sides.

The Russians don't seem to mind bombing their own troops, as they're hitting their own positions too.

Putin will have his wee town capture victory just in time for the "election".

But it's cost him tens of thousands of dead.

Not that he cares about that.

We'll see how the new head of the Ukrainian armed forces deals with this deteriorating situation. Big test for him just a few days into the job.
Maybes he'll write off the loss as being the fault of the previous guy.

Or maybe he'll pull off some sort of counter attack to rescue the town.

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Looks like Avdiivka is properly in the shite now.

The town is long and narrow, running from the north west to the south east.

Russia failed to full encircle the town, being stopped by the huge fortified chemical plant in the north and by their own ineptitude in the south.

They then tried to assault the town directly from the south east, through the industrial park. They had limited success here after finding a pipeline big enough to sneak troops through but this was closed off and the attack stalled.

Russia then attacked just south of the chemical plant and seems to have used infantry meat wave tactics to force their way through the narrow band of residential housing to reach the main road. With Avdiivka being long and narrow, this main road is the ONLY main supply line, which is now impassable.

Several units of Ukrainians are now cut off and are trying to break out and withdraw to the north.

They're being hit hard by the Russian air force as well as having to deal with meat wave infantry assaults from all sides.

The Russians don't seem to mind bombing their own troops, as they're hitting their own positions too.

Putin will have his wee town capture victory just in time for the "election".

But it's cost him tens of thousands of dead.

Not that he cares about that.

We'll see how the new head of the Ukrainian armed forces deals with this deteriorating situation. Big test for him just a few days into the job.
Maybes he'll write off the loss as being the fault of the previous guy.

Or maybe he'll pull off some sort of counter attack to rescue the town.

Interesting perspective. Russia has been fighting for Avdiivka for 10 years since 2014 and you make that out as a success.

Not everyone thinks the new chief of armed forces is rubbish. 

Navalny should have stayed in Germany with his wife, I was sort of mad at him for going back there, because both he and I knew what would happen. It made no sense.

But that's me, he obviously thought differently and perhaps with reason. Chances are they would have continued to try to kill him even in Germany, novichok on the door knobs whatever which he may have thought would be a risk to his family.

Perhaps he went back to protect them, whatever the case may be this was a brave man and now a Russian martyr. His wife has spoken from Munich. She's obviously distressed and not even entirely sure he is dead since Putin lies so much.

Alexei Navalny’s wife of 24 years vowed Friday that President Vladimir Putin “will be brought to justice” over the “horrific news” of her husband’s death in custody.

Looking distraught but stoic at the Munich Security Conference in Germany, Yulia Navalnaya, 47, said she could not be certain her husband was dead because “Putin and his government… lie constantly.”

But if Navalny were indeed dead, she said, Putin and his cohorts “will be punished for what they have done to our country, for what they have done to my family, for what they have done to my husband.”

Edited by JFK-1

Peakybunnet
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Hopefully, the Russian people now have the courage to stand up against this gangster. 

It just takes one Putin confident and a gun. 

They need to ask Trump what he thinks, that would be a hard one for agent orange since he's a Putin puppet.

General Petraeus is just surprised Navalny lived so long which is fair comment. Didn't take them anything like so long to whack Prigozhin when he stepped out of line. But then he was still on the loose, still free to talk shit, Navalny was contained.

“In a way I’m surprised that he lived as long as he did.”

General Petraeus reacts to reports of the “tragic” death of Putin’s main opposition leader Alexei Navalny on #TimesRadio.

Great speech from Romney.

Romney: If your position is being cheered by Vladimir Putin, it’s time to reconsider your position

We are not being asked to send American troops into war, only to help the Ukrainians defend themselves. If we fail to help Ukraine, Putin will invade a NATO nation. Ukraine is not the end, it is a step—and letting Putin have his way with Europe would jeopardize our security.

Mikey1874

Russia got a successful initial response from the West.

While previous loose talk might be understandable when you don't actually expect the thing to happen, Biden previously threatened "devastating consequences" if Navalny died in prison.

When asked about last night he said that had already happened for Russia in Ukraine suggesting nothing will happen. And Russia currently winning in US with Musk giving Russia Starlink and the military funding for Ukraine stopped.

Mikey1874

Although maybe not as well known, the new armed forces commander-in-chief Oleksandr Syrskyi, appointed last week has been widely criticised. One thing was fighting on in Bakhmut too long killing a lot of Ukrainian defenders.

Well Ukraine has withdrawn from Avdiivka. Whether Ukraine can continue to hold the lines all over we'll see. 

Sawdust Caesar
15 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

Hopefully, the Russian people now have the courage to stand up against this gangster. 

A few more like this woman. Although, to be fair, when you are in the winter years of life you have less to lose, but still, well done her.

Edited by Sawdust Caesar

Class of 75
5 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

A few more like this woman. Although, to be fair, when you are in the winter years of life you have less to lose, but still, well done her.

Yep very brave, hopefully more like her take the initiative.

6 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Admirable but distressing to watch, I fear what's going to become of her. We might I suppose hope the murder of Navalny might create a mass movement they can't keep down. It could be a slaughter but that's revolution.

Ukrainian withdrawal from Avdiivka complete.

Fell back to pre-planned positions along pre-planned routes.

Heavy fog both helped and hindered the operation, with Russian troops being in the north end of the town it became very difficult to avoid them on the way out.

Several wounded Ukrainian troopers were unfortunately left behind and captured.

In their rush to take the town and kill the evacuating Ukrainians, the Russians got a little bit too bold with their ground attack aircraft and got 3 SU-34s shot down as well as one SU-35.

Another $200million in irreplaceable machinery gone down in flames.

Estonia and Finland have doubled their ammunition output, Germany is building entire new arms factories and Denmark is donating ALL of its own artillery and artillery ammunition to Ukraine and will produce more new replacement kit for themselves over the next few months.

One of the reasons that Avdiivka was abandoned was due to a lack of artillery ammunition to launch a counter attack or flanking assault on the Russians.

Didn't even have enough ammo left to mount a full frontal assault as in Bakhmut.

Until last week there had been 8,000 defending troops, this week it was down to 3,000 or so after the main bulk was evacuated once the Russians reached the main supply road.

Facing them were 50,000 Russians.

Dirty Deeds

Recent events in Ukraine are most depressing, hopefully Europe and the UK gets it's finger out and supplies the ammo that the US won't.

I've a dreadful feeling that there's worse around the corner, Russia has the arms and the human resource which they are literally quite happy to throw at it as there are no opposing voices at home.

Australis

Wonder what Alex Salmond thinks of it all with his Russian TV programme.

Wipe out and kill any political opposition leader at will.

He must be a threat to our national security.

How can he justify working for them.

1 hour ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Recent events in Ukraine are most depressing, hopefully Europe and the UK gets it's finger out and supplies the ammo that the US won't.

I've a dreadful feeling that there's worse around the corner, Russia has the arms and the human resource which they are literally quite happy to throw at it as there are no opposing voices at home.

Czechs reckon they've sourced 800,000 artillery shells from overseas but don't have the money to buy them on their own.

Malinga the Swinga
43 minutes ago, Australis said:

Wonder what Alex Salmond thinks of it all with his Russian TV programme.

Wipe out and kill any political opposition leader at will.

He must be a threat to our national security.

How can he justify working for them.

Answer is simple, £'s. 

Even more Russian bombers falling out of the sky.

That's 6 or 7 of them shot down in the last few days.

They're taking horrendous losses on the battlefield just so Putin can run his wee pretendy election campaign on an "I'm winning the war" ticket.

Mysterion
On 16/02/2024 at 17:50, Class of 75 said:

Some stand up and they are arrested/detained quickly. 

I know i'm wrong to assume, but it looks like Russia has always had a problem with people who are either apathetic towards politics or are rightfully scared and will not rage against the machine.