Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

I get the feeling this is not going to end well for the Wagner group. You can bet your life Putin will chuck everything at them.  My only hope is the Russian people/ high command will see sense and end this madness, I doubt it though....😥

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Well aye. Prigozhin will have support of other Oligarchs and their PMC's as well as apparently the GRU which commands Intelligence & Special Forces. 

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Well aye. Prigozhin will have support of other Oligarchs and their PMC's as well as apparently the GRU which commands Intelligence & Special Forces. 

He may, he may not. Most players won't take sides unless they're fairly sure of victory for the side they choose. Some may even play both sides.

What is certain though is that Prigozhin is not going to be successful staging a coup with just 25,000 soldiers and some hardware at his disposal.

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, micole said:

I get the feeling this is not going to end well for the Wagner group. You can bet your life Putin will chuck everything at them.  My only hope is the Russian people/ high command will see sense and end this madness, I doubt it though....😥

i think the opposite. They don’t have much in the way of military strength left inside Russia, and little supplies. Are Russians troops going to turn back from Ukraine and chase them to Moscow.

beginning of the end for Putin imo. 

Edited by kingantti1874

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What is certain though is that Prigozhin is not going to be successful staging a coup with just 25,000 soldiers and some hardware at his disposal.

Prigozhin will be fairly confident, I'd imagine, otherwise he wouldn't be pursuing thlis course of action.

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

First thing that went through my mind too.

There's more to it than we know, that's for sure.

Just wait 'till NATO backchannels offer Putin a hand in taking out the Wagner nutjob. 

Just now, Dirk McTarkin said:

Prigozhin will be fairly confident, I'd imagine, otherwise he wouldn't be pursuing thlis course of action.

He appears to be quite an emotion-led leader, Dirk. I wouldn't be so sure he has completely thought this through. However, he undoubtedly has a myriad of connections so may make it stick.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

There's more to it than we know, that's for sure.

Just wait 'till NATO backchannels offer Putin a hand in taking out the Wagner nutjob. 

why would they do that? Prigozhin has publicly called this war a farce and a vanity seems to think it needs to end. 

the threat would be any period of instability but I think the west would be happy to see Putin unseated.

in no way saying prighozin is a good guy, but not sure he’s worse than Putin 

11 minutes ago, Pap said:

So the Chechen's are now on their way to fight the Wagner lot. This could get tasty. Pwopah nawty. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

So the Chechen's are now on their way to fight the Wagner lot. This could get tasty. Pwopah nawty. 

Or to join them.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

He's been propped up by Moscow for years. The Belarusian people seem to have been biding their time.

I'd be keeping a very close eye on Chechnya and Dagestan as well.

And Georgia

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Or to join them.

That would be interesting but Kadyrov has already pronounced against Prigozhin's rebellion in no uncertain terms.

Just now, RS86 said:

And Georgia

With an occasional glance sideways at Transnistria.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Don't forget Kaliningrad.  I'm sure Poland and Lithuania will be watching.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This is no time for draculas

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

This is no time for draculas

Particularly as the stakes are so high.

Unknown user
Just now, redjambo said:

Particularly as the stakes are so high.

On reflection I should have seen that coming

39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

He may, he may not. Most players won't take sides unless they're fairly sure of victory for the side they choose. Some may even play both sides.

Prigozhin must have backing otherwise it's a suicide mission. He'll know the true state of affairs. 

"On Saturday morning, Prigozhin was seen meeting Russia’s deputy defence minister and the deputy head of the GRU, Russia’s main intelligence directorate. In the clip, Pirgozhin said he planned to march on to Moscow, adding that he had shot down three Russian helicopters that tried to resist him.".

-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/24/vladimir-putin-accuses-wagner-chief-treason-vows-neutralise-uprising

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Prigozhin must have backing otherwise it's a suicide mission. He'll know the true state of affairs. 

"On Saturday morning, Prigozhin was seen meeting Russia’s deputy defence minister and the deputy head of the GRU, Russia’s main intelligence directorate. In the clip, Pirgozhin said he planned to march on to Moscow, adding that he had shot down three Russian helicopters that tried to resist him.".

-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/24/vladimir-putin-accuses-wagner-chief-treason-vows-neutralise-uprising

Yup I read that. If Prigozhin doesn't muster publicly expressed support and his plan looks doomed to failure, the Deputy Defence Minister and the Deputy Head of the GRU, if they indeed met, will merely claim that not only did they adamantly reject Prigozhin's appeals for their support, but actively and vociferously attempted to persuade him to call off his "march" as being baseless and unpatriotic. They may have already expressed these exact sentiments internally as a backup if things go awry.

indianajones
26 minutes ago, Norm said:

The Chechens are clowns. Nothing to fear unless you are in a wrestling match. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The Chechens are clowns. Nothing to fear unless you are in a wrestling match. 

Their leader is another blatant paedo

One of the Wagner columns has reportedly just passed Yelets, 252 miles south of Moscow.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

One of the Wagner columns has reportedly just passed Yelets, 252 miles south of Moscow.

Are they heading to the Kremlin?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Depending on which information is actually accurate, be interesting to see what happens if/when they get to Moscow. If Putin has legged it and the troops in the city aren’t sure about his authority, they’re not going to be inclined to risk themselves. That would be the point at which Putin is done 

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

They're on the main road north to Moscow. Whether they make it or not is a different question. Reminds me a wee bit of the Jacobite march on London.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Depending on which information is actually accurate, be interesting to see what happens if/when they get to Moscow. If Putin has legged it and the troops in the city aren’t sure about his authority, they’re not going to be inclined to risk themselves. That would be the point at which Putin is done

Despite the utter tragedy of the whole situation, this is really compelling, could Putin be finished in the day or so?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They're on the main road north to Moscow. Whether they make it or not is a different question. Reminds me a wee bit of the Jacobite march on London.

You must be pretty old to remember that. 😎

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You must be pretty old to remember that. 😎

Yup. It was during my second (official) visit to Earth though so really memorable for me. Sadly you humans hadn't invented popcorn at the time so I had to make do with fried vole livers.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Yup. It was during my second (official) visit to Earth though so really memorable for me. Sadly you humans hadn't invented popcorn at the time so I had to make do with fried vole livers.

🥸

periodictabledancer
28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Seen a tweet saying Putin is bolting to St Petersburg on his jet

Yup. His plane is being tracked.

Also seeing reports Kadyrov's Chechens are heading to Rostov on Don to take the city back from the Wagner troops.

Crazy times. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

Ukraine forces seemingly advancing in the Bakhmut area and in the Zaporozhzhia area without resistance.

This is absolutely massive if true :vrwow:

Just from a couple of unsourced Tweets.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Genuinely does feel like Putin is about to take it dry up the bisto pipe.

Chechyans next, hopefully. Been a long time coming for those vermin 

Hagar the Horrible

It's a game of Russian Roulette where all the Chambers are filled. Put in lifting up his skirt and running compare that to Zelenski who stayed to fight. The Wagner group might be fighting for a mother Russia as they want it but they are fighting for their existence. Putin order for his arrest is Russian for kill him. As for the Wagner group its a fight now for survival, topple put in and put in another hardliner of even himself. But it's now a war on Russian soil by Russians not a single Nato boot nor bullet  the chechnians will get involved but they are hated by Moskowvites. Putin will pull troops shortly from Ukraine to protect himself. This will be a massive game changer who can win back their land a lot quicker.

If that general and deputy head if the military meets Progogzin then he is dead, and if the Wagner group drops their weapons they are dead.

So now it's down yo that game of Roulette as to see who fires first at their own head. 

periodictabledancer

SkyNews saying Prighozin's troops adavncing on Moscow and are being shelled by Russians.

Proghozin has taken control of Rostov on Don and has control of the Russian airforce in that area - because Putin was using the airforce to attack him.

Mental. 

Just catching up with this on Twitter and the news in the last hour. Let me get this right:

A private militia owned by a once friend of Putin, has revolted against the Kremlin and are perhaps looking to overthrow old Vlad and his cronies, and free the Russian people from his dictatorship. Or at the very least, demand the war stops. 

As a result, Lukashenko has shat it and fled Belarus because if Putin falls, there's every chance he falls too and Belarus too becomes free. Ukraine is no doubt monitoring closely and will look to assist Belarus with that very revolt should it look likely. 

Either way, Putin is looking very vulnerable here and this could ultimately ease a lot of the tension in Ukraine.

Have I got that right?

Hagar the Horrible

Why now would a Russian soldier keep fighting for Putin and die for a guy who has shat his pants from their equivalent of Millwall?

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Just catching up with this on Twitter and the news in the last hour. Let me get this right:

A private militia owned by a once friend of Putin, has revolted against the Kremlin and are perhaps looking to overthrow old Vlad and his cronies, and free the Russian people from his dictatorship. Or at the very least, demand the war stops. 

As a result, Lukashenko has shat it and fled Belarus because if Putin falls, there's every chance he falls too and Belarus too becomes free. Ukraine is no doubt monitoring closely and will look to assist Belarus with that very revolt should it look likely. 

Either way, Putin is looking very vulnerable here and this could ultimately ease a lot of the tension in Ukraine.

Have I got that right?

And latest reports are Wee Putin has legged it.