Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Libertarian
5 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Long time ago history doesn't legitimise Russia's invasion of Ukraine Libertarian. :Putin is killing and maiming ordinary citizens of Ukraine, how can you excuse that? The sooner Putin is stopped the better for everyone. He is on a rampage of killing and destruction.

You are aware that American troops are in Syria? Are you aware of the CIA involvement in the overthrow of the democratically elected Ukrainian President in 2014 and of the indiscriminate shelling of civilians in Donetsk and other Russian speaking cities between 2014 and 2022 which resulted in 14,000 deaths? I don't want to be insulting but I do find the level of ignorance of what has been going on in Ukraine extremely worrying 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cranston
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Oh there is definitely a proxy war going on in Ukraine. Putin is trying to recreate the halcyon days of the USSR and miscalculated badly his armed forces ability to take Kyiv in a swift manner. I'll agree the expansion of Nato hasn't been helpful but a lot of it's been necessary considering the instability of Russian recent history. 

The proxy war was instigated by Russia's invasion of Ukraine, not the other way around though, that was my point. The war in Ukraine was Russia's fault alone, no one else's. It is their proxy war, not ours. Putin has seriously underestimated the West's determination and resolve, which is why they began threatening nuclear genocide.

Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

You really have swallowed the BBC and establishment script book 

Ah right you are one of those.......I'll bet you don't pay your tv license? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/world/europe/russia-fsb-crime.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-1999-russian-apartment-bombings-led-to-putins-rise-to-power-2018-3

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publication/foiled-attack-or-failed-exercise-look-ryazan-1999

Putin even praised the locals who caught the FSB agents. Apparently the FSB agents were on a drill exercise and the bombs contained sugar and not explosives. :rofl:

Cranston
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

You are aware that American troops are in Syria? Are you aware of the CIA involvement in the overthrow of the democratically elected Ukrainian President in 2014 and of the indiscriminate shelling of civilians in Donetsk and other Russian speaking cities between 2014 and 2022 which resulted in 14,000 deaths? I don't want to be insulting but I do find the level of ignorance of what has been going on in Ukraine extremely worrying 

Of course I'm aware of the speculation. :So what is Russia's end game then? Putin has the taste for mayhem and destruction, what next?

Jim_Duncan
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ah right you are one of those.......I'll bet you don't pay your tv license? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/22/world/europe/russia-fsb-crime.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-the-1999-russian-apartment-bombings-led-to-putins-rise-to-power-2018-3

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publication/foiled-attack-or-failed-exercise-look-ryazan-1999

Putin even praised the locals who caught the FSB agents. Apparently the FSB agents were on a drill exercise and the bombs contained sugar and not explosives. :rofl:

Sitting staring at the blank RT channel on his TV, eating unpeeled raw tatties and guzzling vodka, while shouting at his telly about the 'establishment'.

Libertarian

Everyone who knows anything about the conflict in Ukraine knows that Ukraine has already lost. You can almost smell the fear in western capitals, especially in Europe which stupidly rather than looking after its own interests and keeping good relations with Russia (DeGaulle must be turning in his grave) supported the interests of the US. Europe is now completely dependent on expensive energy from the US and suffering the economic consequences 

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, Cranston said:

Of course I'm aware of the speculation. :So what is Russia's end game then? Putin has the taste for mayhem and destruction, what next?

He’ll want assurances that NATO expansion is halted for any chance of this war, sorry Libertarian, special operation to end. 

You only had to watch his Tucker interview to see what he really wants. 

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Everyone who knows anything about the conflict in Ukraine knows that Ukraine has already lost. You can almost smell the fear in western capitals, especially in Europe which stupidly rather than looking after its own interests and keeping good relations with Russia (DeGaulle must be turning in his grave) supported the interests of the US. Europe is now completely dependent on expensive energy from the US and suffering the economic consequences 

You’ve been absolutely wrecked by Twitter Russian bots. 

Jim_Duncan
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Islamic State claiming responsibility. 

What would their motive be?

I know they sometimes claim attacks that they didn't carry out.

Cranston
7 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Good relations with Russia would be brilliant Libertarian. However, until Russia transforms itself back into a civilised democracy it is virtually impossible. We all want peace with Russia, but Russia has to change into a peaceful neighbour. 

Cranston
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’ll want assurances that NATO expansion is halted for any chance of this war, sorry Libertarian, special operation to end. 

You only had to watch his Tucker interview to see what he really wants. 

Thanks mate 👍

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I thought they just liked killing folk. 

Cranston
23 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Sitting staring at the blank RT channel on his TV, eating unpeeled raw tatties and guzzling vodka, while shouting at his telly about the 'establishment'.

😄

84 Vladimir Vodka Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and Images - Getty Images

henrysmithsgloves
27 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Bring back any memories?

th-3847287310.jpg

Mikey1874
30 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I know they sometimes claim attacks that they didn't carry out.

Muslims one of the minorities who complain for years about being discriminated against by Russia. Chechnya is Muslim so that's a long term grievance.

Russia has helped Syrian Government kill a lot of Muslims including radical Islamic groups. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874

Come home to get the news after watching football. 

But no, it's another story about a minor common medical condition some English woman is having to deal with.

Incredible really. 

Mikey1874

Western Governments all condemning the attack and offering sympathy.

Western intelligence agencies will be helping with any information. US backing the ISIS theory.

Russia reportedly thwarted an ISIS attack earlier in the week. Could be the same people. 

Putin looking a bit stupid saying the US intelligence warning on ISIS was a Western con.

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874

A bit of a poor indicator on Russian security forces and Police that the attackers got away. 

TV saying would be very low level security though reflecting that Moscow has been safe for a long time. 

I'm wondering if this second attack is the same people on a suicide mission. And are they still on the loose.

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm wondering if this second attack is the same people on a suicide mission. And are they still on the loose.

BBC not yet carrying this second attack and it’s not on the Sky News ticker tape 

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, JimmyCant said:

BBC not yet carrying this second attack

Yeah I noticed, I will believe it when they do post it but it's not unusual for them to be slow. Looking for verification I suppose.

BBC saying a large fire has engulfed the roof of the concert hall complex. Bullets wont do that.

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

BBC saying a large fire has engulfed the roof of the concert hall complex. Bullets wont do that.

I think they covered this earlier saying the gunmen also had incendiary devices 

JimmyCant
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Come home to get the news after watching football. 

But no, it's another story about a minor common medical condition some English woman is having to deal with.

Incredible really. 

Its disgusting. I can understand a lack of sympathy for anything Russian, but cmon, she doesn’t even actually have confirmed cancer ! She’s getting preventative precautionary treatment and she’s getting it months before any other young woman in the country would get it

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Its disgusting. I can understand a lack of sympathy for anything Russian, but cmon, she doesn’t even actually have confirmed cancer ! She’s getting preventative precautionary treatment and she’s getting it months before any other young woman in the country would get it

Off topic, but that is really the main news story here. The waiting time discrepancy that tells you everything about our country. 

Given wall to wall on Gaza, don't understand why Moscow isn't the only story on the news.

Edited by Mikey1874

SectionDJambo

I’m now in my 70th year. I don’t think I’ve ever been so despairing about the state of the world in my lifetime.

So many nutters with no compassion or respect for their fellow human beings. Including some governments.

These nutters can spring up almost anywhere, anytime. Instead of pulling together to inspire peace on Earth for all, too many of those in positions of power just make the situation worse.
Is there any hope for our planet and it’s inhabitants?

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m now in my 70th year. I don’t think I’ve ever been so despairing about the state of the world in my lifetime.

So many nutters with no compassion or respect for their fellow human beings. Including some governments.

These nutters can spring up almost anywhere, anytime. Instead of pulling together to inspire peace on Earth for all, too many of those in positions of power just make the situation worse.
Is there any hope for our planet and it’s inhabitants?

We’re never getting peace on earth whilst the western superpower maurauds around the world robbing resources, installing friendly but corrupt  governments they like and impoverishing the indigenous populations in the name of profits for their huge corporations

No need to reply - Off topic 

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’re never getting peace on earth whilst the western superpower maurauds around the world robbing resources, installing friendly but corrupt  governments they like and impoverishing the indigenous populations in the name of profits for their huge corporations

So nothing to do with Russia bombing Syria and Ukraine (and previously Chechnya which it now rules in servitude). For example.

You on 'all the West to blame for everything' hobby horse. 

Edited by Mikey1874

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I respect your right to leave the topic. I can’t blame you, really.

Whilst you make valid points, these atrocities are being targeted at governments, and especially their innocent citizens, no matter what their political persuasion.

It’s just nuts. No excuses.

Edited by SectionDJambo

Mikey1874

No reason to doubt IS claim - US official

The US has no reason to doubt Islamic State's claim that it was behind the attack near Moscow.

An unnamed official has told CBS, the BBC's US media partner, that the US provided intelligence to the Russian government - some of it very specific - about a potential attack under the Duty to Warn requirement. This is a non-binding obligation of American spy agencies, if they learn of planned attacks, to alert the intended targets.

The source, said to be familiar with the intelligence, says there has been a steady stream of information dating back to November about IS wanting to strike in Russia. However, they did not know when the US formally warned the Kremlin about the attacks.

Luckies1874
15 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I can certainly confirm that South Thailand is currently rammed with Russian holidaying families -feckin thousands  of them - you certainly wouldn't know they are at war 

Just the usual sullen guys and their sullen women with Daffy Duck lips - the plastic surgery economy there at least  must be booming 

Pretty stereotypical take. I'm sure they speak highly of the Scottish visitors to South Thailand too!

Just now, Pap said:

Dont think this is true.

I have my doubts too, I was going to say the major players like BBC aren't reporting it and this would be major news, I don't know if Sky would qualify as a major player.  BBC are one of the worlds most trusted. 

Ulysses
18 minutes ago, Pap said:

Dont think this is true.

10 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have my doubts too, I was going to say the major players like BBC aren't reporting it and this would be major news, I don't know if Sky would qualify as a major player.  BBC are one of the worlds most trusted. 

Nope, nobody else is carrying this, and it's not on Sky News itself or on the website.

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Nope, nobody else is carrying this, and it's not on Sky News itself or on the website.

Peculiar. And I was thinking if Sky made an arse of themselves I doubt they would want to go back and talk about it, retract it, rather they might say nothing and hope not too many noticed it.

Ulysses
5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Peculiar. And I was thinking if Sky made an arse of themselves I doubt they would want to go back and talk about it, retract it, rather they might say nothing and hope not too many noticed it.

The tweet was still up around the time I posted my message.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The tweet was still up around the time I posted my message.

AI and Russian hackers 😉

Steamed live 5 hours ago, looks like one helluva fire they had going on, possibly still burning.

Ulysses
3 hours ago, Libertarian said:

:rofl: 

Mikey1874

From interviews with victims, it seems the fire at the concert hall was intended to kill everyone left inside the concert hall. The terrorists tried to lock everyone inside but couldn't do it. 

93 dead, more expected.

Edited by Mikey1874

Mikey1874

Unconfirmed reports of arresting the suspects. Though doubt cast on that. One report that the Russians have blamed people who are already dead. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

BBC are one of the worlds most trusted. 

Not in Scotland. (Sorry, off topic)

jack D and coke

Seen some of the videos doing the rounds…

Holy shit…harrowing.