** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

Bazzas right boot

1000 tickets 

1000 seats. 

No problem here unless more than 1000 folk try to get in. 

I pity the last 2 folk in tho. 😂

IMO they'll Likley be slightly more than 1000 seats available but only 1000 tickets sold for the space. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

ROBBIE NEILSON PRESS CONFERENCE 

https://t.co/hkJ0VHPdx0

Plenty of positives on the injury front, Ankle injury still the given reason for Souttar’s absence on Saturday, Neilson hopes he’ll be back for tomorrow… along with Beni and Ben Woodburn.

Although Taylor Moore misses out. 

Foolishly confident for tomorrow, reads appreciated

This is a huge chance to close gap at top a bit and hopefully send Celtic on a downward spiral. They have loads of injuries and they will be playing a midfield that's never played together. We need to win this midfield battle and.need to match them or have extra man in midfield. Think will be key to getting a win. Would go with 433 

Gordon 

Atkinson souttar halkett Kingsley 

Cammy Beni 

Haring 

Mackay Boyce ginnelly 

This team for me beats the one they're gonna put out. Mind rogic and maeda are on International duty as well so they're forward will be Greek dude as kyogo is injured. Massive chance here and may say slot.about rest of season. Come on boys

20 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Are Rogic and Maeda out for them on international duty ? 
I thought they were but no news

Yeah both of them they will have to play a midfield that's never played together, we need to win midfield battle key to winning this game would play haring Beni and Cammy if it were me 

mickycameron98

Anyone know the last time we beat them twice at home in the league in the same campaign? 

Should have beat them twice 05/06 

The rangers game at tynecastle and celtic away shows we have nothing to fear in these games, however, taking our chances is crucial. That was the difference between us and them in both those games. 

3 hours ago, H2 said:

1 -0 Hearts, Soapy to clean them out in his last game for Hearts before his Thursday transfer.

Yeah I would like that :jjyay:

Malinga the Swinga

Don't care about performance, all I want is 3 points. Score first and the belief will surge through the team and ground.

Would love BM to get his first goal but would accept scrappy og if it makes a difference.

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Who's definitely out for Celtic?

McGregor, Abada, Kyogo, Rogic (national duty).

maeda (with japan)

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Who's definitely out for Celtic?

McGregor, Abada, Kyogo, Rogic (national duty).

Yosuke Ideguchi Injured in bad challenge at Alloa 

On 24/01/2022 at 20:55, Led Tasso said:

3 points and the race for second is officially on.

IMO any aspirations for 2nd would need Rangers to win the remaining 3 OF fixtures, which is possible though unlikely.

Confident of at least a draw tomorrow.

Get at them from the first whistle.

McKay and Ginnelly putting the fear into them. Boyce to be there and knock in a couple of goals.

Be a difficult game regardless of Celtics injuries. We've already beaten them at home though and can do so again. Also matched them for long periods at Celtic Park too (minus first half of cup game).

Should be a good game.

best in the land

Gordon 

Souttar halkett kingsley

Atkinson          Cochrane

Haring devlin    

Mackay

Gino.          Boyce

Subs

Stewart

Gms

Smith 

Halliday 

Mceneff

Beni

Henderson

1 minute ago, best in the land said:

Gordon 

Souttar halkett kingsley

Haring devlin    

Mackay

Gino.          Boyce

Subs

Stewart

Gms

Smith 

Halliday 

Mceneff

Beni

Henderson

Would be happy with that side. Remember 9 subs allowed 

best in the land
Just now, Newton51 said:

Would be happy with that side. Remember 9 subs allowed 

Good point! 

Whoever is left thats fit. 

Was unsure of lwb but feel we need to go at them and nate has more going forward and is a bit more unknown to them. 

11 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Gordon 

Souttar halkett kingsley

Haring devlin    

Mackay

Gino.          Boyce

Subs

Stewart

Gms

Smith 

Halliday 

Mceneff

Beni

Henderson

That's a decent looking team. We do seem to have a tight motivated squad now where everyone can play their part over what's left of the season. 

19 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Gordon 

Souttar halkett kingsley

Haring devlin    

Mackay

Gino.          Boyce

Subs

Stewart

Gms

Smith 

Halliday 

Mceneff

Beni

Henderson

that’s the team for me. 100%

8 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

2–0 hearts Boyce double, McKay assist double. Play Cochrane and Smith WBs

would 100% play souttar as he is part of our strongest team and will be motivated for this. 50/50 game for sure this time 

Boyce won’t be playing 

Reckon it will be the 343

Gordon

Souttar    Halkett.    Kingsley 

smith Haring devlin cochrane

Mackay Woodburn Gino 

We could win this if we are at it, but will need to be at our best, I'm still expecting a draw, cheaton won't allow us to win easily. 

Hearts to win or draw

Hearts over 0.5 goals

Cammy Devlin to be booked

5/1. £18.74 staked. 

That's my wee bet for tomorrow.

Here's the big difference for me.  Like many I suspect, when we play rangers and celtic, I'm just hoping for the best.  When we play hibs, I'm expecting us to win.

This time, I'm expecting us to win.

Couldnt care less who's lining up for celtic.  I'm confident in the players lining up for us.

Bring it on.

5 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

IMO any aspirations for 2nd would need Rangers to win the remaining 3 OF fixtures, which is possible though unlikely.

I think if Celtic get 4 or fewer points from them, that'd be fine.

That requires us romping the rest of the league and getting significant points out of our OF fixtures too, though, and for that to happen I think our striker signing would need to go on a Zeefuik-like run.

Not the most likely of scenarios but it could happen . . .

Mostly, though, I just want us to be in the conversation late. Hit the split within 5 points of second or something. Make the OF sweat a bit.

Edited by Led Tasso

The Bannon Flick

Get intae thum from the start Hearts.

Let them know they are in a game.

Don’t worry too much about their line-up, let them worry about ours. We have certainly got players who can hurt them, we just need to be confident and take any chances that come our way.

A win would not only give us the 3pts but would be massive psychologically.

1-0 Hearts - Souttar 

We have a good chance, it won't be easy and we need to work hard when not in possession to close down as they like to pass and move quickly. But they have to worry about us and if we support Barrie Mky with good movement so he can make his killer pass, they are vulnerable. Would go 3-5-2 with Atkinson and Cochrane wingbacks so they can drive forward wide and can defend when needed, they have the legs for that role. Gino and Boyce thru the middle.

Their better players are away or unavailable.  Even better, that cheating, diving, bar steward Kyogo is away, so the referee won't have to spend the game on Sniper Watch, giving penalties for nothing.

This is the best time to play them, and we need to get stuck right into them and get them unsettled.  Press them high, don't give them time on the ball, and keep their huddy defenders under pressure.

Alloa managed to put them under pressure the other night, so there is absolutely no reason that we can't do the same but much more effectively.

I am strangely confident of a victory tonight, and we might even beat them to-nil.  I reckon 2-0 Hearts, Halkett and Boyce to score.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, My half sister said:

A Celtic fan I spoke to tonight told me Rogic is still here and is available for selection 

Yeah me too, guy at work said the same. 

Shame

15 hours ago, daavojaay said:

This is a huge chance to close gap at top a bit and hopefully send Celtic on a downward spiral. They have loads of injuries and they will be playing a midfield that's never played together. We need to win this midfield battle and.need to match them or have extra man in midfield. Think will be key to getting a win. Would go with 433 

Gordon 

Atkinson souttar halkett Kingsley 

Cammy Beni 

Haring 

Mackay Boyce ginnelly 

This team for me beats the one they're gonna put out. Mind rogic and maeda are on International duty as well so they're forward will be Greek dude as kyogo is injured. Massive chance here and may say slot.about rest of season. Come on boys

Doubt he’ll start Beni in this game after such a lay off. 

He might revert to a Back 4 with 4 in midfield to stifle them

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 hours ago, best in the land said:

Gordon 

Souttar halkett kingsley

Haring devlin    

Mackay

Gino.          Boyce

Celtic deploy a quick passing midfield that tends to swamp our midfield two and put us on the back foot defending deep. It makes it hard for us to get and retain possession enough to bring our front 3 into the game. A stronger midfield will kill their game plan (and they don’t really have a plan B). We need to start with something like this:

Gordon 

Souttar   Halkett      Kingsley

Atkinson                              Cochrane

Beni     Haring     Devlin    

McKay/Gino          Boyce

10 hours ago, best in the land said:

Gordon 

Souttar halkett kingsley

Haring devlin    

Mackay

Gino.          Boyce

Subs

Stewart

Gms

Smith 

Halliday 

Mceneff

Beni

Henderson

That’s what I’d go with, Beni to come on 2nd half to build fitness. Gino’s pace could be essential as they like to play a high back line, same goes for Natty Akka & Cochrane

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Celtic deploy a quick passing midfield that tends to swamp our midfield two and put us on the back foot defending deep. It makes it hard for us to get and retain possession enough to bring our front 3 into the game. A stronger midfield will kill their game plan (and they don’t really have a plan B). We need to start with something like this:

Gordon 

Souttar   Halkett      Kingsley

Atkinson                              Cochrane

Beni     Haring     Devlin    

McKay/Gino          Boyce

Kind of agree. 

Let them come out swinging first few rounds, box clever and then as they tire punch the **** out them. 

V rangers, we played well but they sucker punched us twice early. 

V Celtic we can  be a bit more Conservative. 

Celtic visibly tire after about 60 minutes, happened every time I've seen them. If we are ahead or in the game we can then take it. 

We don't want to go a couple of goals down early tho like we did v rangers or at Parkhead in the lc. 

Bob mentioned being a bit more street wise when in Europe, the same principle is applicable v the of imo. 

I think we'll start a little bit deeper than normal tonight. 

Celtic missing players puts us right in contention, it's all on the front men to take their chances, can't have a repeat of the Rangers game at Tynie where we miss so many, especially if we get a chance within 2 minutes. Like Rangers, if Celtic break they will probably score, we've seen it time and time again over the years. Hopefully Rangers are paying JS a huge win bonus.... 

Hearts 15/4 at bet365, well worth a punt. 

People talking about playing Beni, Haring and Devlin we tried something similar at Celtic park in the cup. (Halliday for Devlin). We couldn't get out our half for 45 mins. None of the 3 go forward with any conviction or carry the ball. Would be madness and just invite Celtic onto us. I hope McKay, Ginnelly and Boyce play together. All can drop back and help out the CM and off an outlet also.

22 minutes ago, bistokid said:

People talking about playing Beni, Haring and Devlin we tried something similar at Celtic park in the cup. (Halliday for Devlin). We couldn't get out our half for 45 mins. None of the 3 go forward with any conviction or carry the ball. Would be madness and just invite Celtic onto us. I hope McKay, Ginnelly and Boyce play together. All can drop back and help out the CM and off an outlet also.

Agreed, play our usual system. Only debate for me is who plays RWB and who plays CM with Devlin. 

3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Agree, 3 (very good) defensive mids is suicidal, we need to have someone who can link the play or we’ll be under the cosh all game. 3 midfielders would only work if we play 2 of the DMs & Aaron McEneff

Ex member of the SaS

We need a high tempo in their faces game and not sit in for 20 minutes first half. Sitting in is what they expect and it's how they manage to win games. Get into their defense and don't allow them time to spray passes around. Remember we are playing against 11 players and four officials.