** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

Jack Torrance

Striker signed in time and sitting in the stand to watch us, or even better, on the bench. A bit of a feelgood factor before kick off.

3-1 Hearts, Celtic chasing the game at 2-1 with 15 to go and we'll nick a third. Natty Akka to score on his home debut.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

portobellojambo1
9 hours ago, poultry said:

Beaton, oh dear.

The only thing which could play a part is the fact he is a ST holder at Ibrox, although is someone who doesn't seem to like us much.

This is a game we can win if we approach it properly, i.e. don't just sit in and pray but go out and play with confidence. Doesn't matter if it is Auchinleck or Celtic, approach the games properly, in the same manner. Be happy if we win by one goal just to keep things going andd further strengthen our control of 3rd place.

High press, don’t let them settle into their possession game , and be hard as nails in the midfield , they like it up them 🖕

Hearts paying 4/1 here.  That has to be worthy of a significant invesrment.  I am aware of course that the match officials travel in the celtic team bus.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope Beni is fit enough to be on the bench.  Bring him on with 20 to go to preserve our 3-0 lead.  ❤❤❤

he was on the bench on saturday

18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Are Rogic and Maeda out for them on international duty ? 
I thought they were but no news

yep, they both have games on thursday

33 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The only thing which could play a part is the fact he is a ST holder at Ibrox, although is someone who doesn't seem to like us much.

This is a game we can win if we approach it properly, i.e. don't just sit in and pray but go out and play with confidence. Doesn't matter if it is Auchinleck or Celtic, approach the games properly, in the same manner. Be happy if we win by one goal just to keep things going andd further strengthen our control of 3rd place.

Ye I said farther back in the thread we won't sit and defend, no need to. Get stuck in and we will get a result. Fear no one. You know what it's like though with the officials in this country when it comes to the OF, they can ruin a game from the start. HHGH 🇱🇻

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

So do I.  It's not only pathetic but it's a cultural betrayal when they perform it in NZ.

I must admit I’m not aware of the cultural side of things Doug. Are Māori people upset it has been hijacked?

Off topic for this thread I know.

Still don’t understand why they are allowed to do it and the opposition are forced to stand and watch it. Like the poster said about the huddle

2 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

Striker signed in time and sitting in the stand to watch us, or even better, on the bench. A bit of a feelgood factor before kick off.

3-1 Hearts, Celtic chasing the game at 2-1 with 15 to go and we'll nick a third. Natty Akka to score on his home debut.

I'm on the same thinking except I'm going mad for a crazy impossible 4-2 for the Hearts.   Plus new striker on the bench. 

Of course Gordon is going to charge upfield like Usain Bolt in the 100m and score the fourth goal.  A diving header from his 20 yard screamer rebound off the post.   

😍

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

4-1 celtic in a repeat of the game v rangers a few weeks ago. We play well but get sucker punched a few times 

Or

3-1 us, this time we score first and do the dirty *******s. 

Not sure yet. 

Rogic gives me the fear, but Celtic do tire and like a blistering start. 

If we can defend properly early on, we'll get chances, no 2 goal head starts this time. 

Rogic is away and we won't concede four goals. Get a grip man!

Guest ToqueJambo

Kind of hoping we start with the same team. be good to see Atkinson start again and Smith can help him through the game maybe more than Souttar. Beni, Souttar, GMS and Ginnelly as more than useful subs, plus maybe Woodburn and Moore, for whatever way the game goes.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Rogic is away and we won't concede four goals. Get a grip man!

Well, I guess we're winning 3-1 then! 

:omfg:

11 hours ago, poultry said:

Beaton, oh dear.

If you believe in corruption and bias amongst our so called top referees you couldn’t have a better ref for this game than a Rangers fan like Beaton.

I think it’s more about incompetence and fear of the OF myself and Beaton is right up there amongst the incompetent and fearful. Nothing we can do about it. Nothing will ever be done about it. We just need to take him out of the equation if we can.

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

If you believe in corruption and bias amongst our so called top referees you couldn’t have a better ref for this game than a Rangers fan like Beaton.

I think it’s more about incompetence and fear of the OF myself and Beaton is right up there amongst the incompetent and fearful. Nothing we can do about it. Nothing will ever be done about it. We just need to take him out of the equation if we can.

Or to try and prove he doesn’t favour Rangers he’ll overcompensate and give Ceptic everything

I predicted we would beat them in the first game of the season and I feel quite optimistic about our chances again this time round. 

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hearts paying 4/1 here.  That has to be worthy of a significant invesrment.  I am aware of course that the match officials travel in the celtic team bus.

Please tell me that's not true. :wtf:

15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Please tell me that's not true. :wtf:

I'm not absolutely certain but there is one thing i know is true.  In Tam o' Shanter we learn that Robert Burns was bousing at the nappy with his crony, Souter Johnny.  It was at the back of my mind so I looked it up.  Burns night here of course and the haggis isn't far away.

Robbie Burns knew the score.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm not absolutely certain but there is one thing i know is true.  In Tam o' Shanter we learn that Robert Burns was bousing at the nappy with his crony, Souter Johnny.  It was at the back of my mind so I looked it up.  Burns night here of course and the haggis isn't far away.

Robbie Burns knew the score.

How the feck is Robbie Burns? And you talk about the betrayal of culture. :rofl:

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

How the feck is Robbie Burns?

Not entirely sure i follow you.  Indeed, with more exactitude, I'm quite certain I don't.  But in the great sceme of things, it matters not a jot.

And with that, I'll bid you good evening and trust we'll both be in celebratory mood in a couple of days.

18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not entirely sure i follow you.  Indeed, with more exactitude, I'm quite certain I don't.  But in the great sceme of things, it matters not a jot.

And with that, I'll bid you good evening and trust we'll both be in celebratory mood in a couple of days.

It's just a joke. Rabbie is his name up here, but it's just a name,  you can *******ise it all you like. 👍  I don't really bother with Burn's night anyway. 

Personally I like watching the Haka, it's just a dance .   

Anyway, 2-0 Hearts. 

:flag2:

Edited by ri Alban

Feeing the most optimistic about playing one of the old firm in a long time.

We’re in good form and they have injuries/players away. Matched them the two league games we have had so far this season and the reduced allocation makes the occasion much more enjoyable.

My only concern is the other 3 big games we have had at home this season we haven’t been near to our best (hibs, aberdeen, rangers), the Celtic game at the start felt a bit of a unique occasion.

Plenty options of the bench for us if we aren’t trailing coming the 60 minute mark

2-1 Hearts

A win would be braw, especially if the deciding goal, was a dodgey offside one, payback.

2-1 Hearts, Boyce at the double.

C'mon Hearts, do the business. 

FTC 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Possibly, but then they can over compensate. 

However, I agree 95% of the issues are that they are just poor. 

Too eager to book, let serious tackles go, communicate poorly and poor at applying things like advantage. Common sense is non existent. 

However, there is Definitely a bias  that runs through the game, whether it is mainly conscious one or not I don't know. 

It runs through the media, the governing bodies and the officials. 

Tbh, it even runs through other teams supports, mainy supports can lean towards one side of the of more than the other. 

It's embedded in our society and culture, it's tragic but it is there and the officials aren't immune to it. 

Kidd’s Boots

Good feeling about tomorrow, unfortunately in Englandshire for work but under the big lights with a team full of confidence and playing to our strengths, 3 points will be the satisfying outcome 

🤣🤣🤣 It appears we have sold smeltic 1000 tickets with no seat numbers. Once 1000 orcs pass through our gates, they will be shut! They're no happy... what will all their fans with counterfeit tickets do? 🤣 Bravo Hearts! Bravo! 🤣

slo.jpg

...goes on to say...

"If Hearts can’t ensure that people sit in the right seats for a section of 1,000 fans they really need to improve security at their ground."

..or maybe shellick could advise their fans not to bring/make fake tickets!

SCUM!

Edited by Rogue Daddy
shellick cum

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon 

Souttar Halkett Kingsley 

Smith Haring Devlin Cochrane 

McKay

Gino  Boyce 

I think we can get at least a point.

Looks about right to me - would be my guess for the team, and other than Souttar-gate, hard to disagree with it either.

I think it will be a draw.

14 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣🤣 It appears we have sold smeltic 1000 tickets with no seat numbers. Once 1000 orcs pass through our gates, they will be shut! They're no happy... what will all their fans with counterfeit tickets do? 🤣 Bravo Hearts! Bravo! 🤣

slo.jpg

...goes on to say...

"If Hearts can’t ensure that people sit in the right seats for a section of 1,000 fans they really need to improve security at their ground."

SCUM!

Love this.  Hearts should perhaps respond with rationale behind why we're doing this.

Or perhaps not waste our breath on the scum

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Love this.  Hearts should perhaps respond with rationale behind why we're doing this.

Or perhaps not waste our breath on the scum

I think this is a really smart move by Hearts. Give them 1000, when 1000 are in shut the gates. That's yer lot! Even if 'genuine' tickets are still outside, they can fight amongst themselves, sort out your own scummy support. The fact there's no seat numbers will mean that it can't come back on us. 1000 tickets, 1000 in... that's all we're worried about.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I think this is a really smart move by Hearts. Give them 1000, when 1000 are in shut the gates. That's yer lot! Even if 'genuine' tickets are still outside, they can fight amongst themselves, sort out your own scummy support. The fact there's no seat numbers will mean that it can't come back on us. 1000 tickets, 1000 in... that's all we're worried about.

I love the general tone that it's "only" 1000 too like we've wronged them by not giving them the whole stand.

Victims as always

28 minutes ago, His name is said:

the comments are delicious 

Not one hint of them taking responsibility.

I guarantee if hearts fans were forging tickets then they would have other Hearts fans condemning them all over social media.

But that lot? It does not even occur to them to point the finger at their own fraud. Clearly running scared of their own fans in the filthy anoraks.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

slo.jpg

...goes on to say...

SCUM!

Rip up the seats to make more room before dismantling the toilets.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Rip up the seats to make more room before dismantling the toilets.

🤣...more than likely!

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣...more than likely!

It's ironical also that they are complaining about the tickets not having seat numbers. I would imagine that very few of them would sit in their allocated seat even if they were numbered. So it is really just an excuse to have a moan at Hearts FC.

Don’t think I have ever been more relaxed prior to them visiting?

Im not overly confident in a win? I don’t expect a win? I’m just very very cool with the fact it’s Celtic at home.

Whereas normally I honestly would be shitting it expecting a defeat or at best an undeserved draw.

I think this speaks volumes for where we are as a team? 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if the Celtic support felt similar only the mirror opposite.

This is a good thing.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's ironical also that they are complaining about the tickets not having seat numbers. I would imagine that very few of them would sit in their allocated seat even if they were numbered. So it is really just an excuse to have a moan at Hearts FC.

It's pathetic isn't! Their own support are doing each other out of tickets... and it's our fault! Always the vicTIMS!

10 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Don’t think I have ever been more relaxed prior to them visiting?

Im not overly confident in a win? I don’t expect a win? I’m just very very cool with the fact it’s Celtic at home.

Whereas normally I honestly would be shitting it expecting a defeat or at best an undeserved draw.

I think this speaks volumes for where we are as a team? 

It also wouldn’t surprise me if the Celtic support felt similar only the mirror opposite.

This is a good thing.

Totally! I said on anther thread that we've given as good as we've got against the uglies in every league game this season... the difference being dodgy officials and finishing. But as far as chances and possession goes, we should really have had more out of the games. When you think back to some games, we could/should be a lot closer to the two of them.

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's pathetic isn't! Their own support are doing each other out of tickets... and it's our fault! Always the vicTIMS!

👍

julienbrellier

2–0 hearts Boyce double, McKay assist double. Play Cochrane and Smith WBs

would 100% play souttar as he is part of our strongest team and will be motivated for this. 50/50 game for sure this time