** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

9 hours ago, My half sister said:

A Celtic fan I spoke to tonight told me Rogic is still here and is available for selection 

he’s not in their squad for tonight so is away with Australia

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

11 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Rogic was training with Australia yesterday and won't be playing tonight. Bonus for us.

Very much a bonus, for some reason he looks average playing against anyone but us, we seem to always face the best of him

4 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Heart tells me 2-0 for us but head tells me 1-1. 

Aye I've got a sneaky for a 1-1 too

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Very much a bonus, for some reason he looks average playing against anyone but us, we seem to always face the best of him

yup, I alwas think he's going to do something against us - pretty glad he's out.  With them having a couple of players missing (I think), very important we start at high tempo and unsettle them.  Don't let them dictate early.

Plenty ways to skin a cat and we've shown this season we can hang in and then come in to it second half, but I really hope we manage to wrestle the early impotus tonight.

56 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Agree, 3 (very good) defensive mids is suicidal, we need to have someone who can link the play or we’ll be under the cosh all game. 3 midfielders would only work if we play 2 of the DMs & Aaron McEneff

Play haring further forward than Beni and Cammy he's much better going forward and his passing and linking play and winning the ball higher up as well to feed McKay who can create with his magic wee feet

1 minute ago, daavojaay said:

Play haring further forward than Beni and Cammy he's much better going forward and his passing and linking play and winning the ball higher up as well to feed McKay who can create with his magic wee feet

2 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

I've said it before that I can see this sort of thing working.  Although, I'd switch Haring and Cammy in your scenario (his energy ahead of the midfield to basically mark the ball if that makes sense).  Also Cammy as much as he isn't massively overly progressive when has the ball at the halfway line, is actually very good in and around the oppo box.

I think that can work, especially with good energy out wide.  Thing is though, I think we'll play Smith wide right, so the worry would be we end up with a very defensive 5311 tyoe thing, where the plan would actually be to be more of a 3412 with Cammy (albeit weirdly) being the "1".

I do think they can all play together.  Winning the ball high up the pitch is an offensive move, not a defensive one, and if we then have Gino, Boyce, Cochrane and Natty to feed, all good.  As I say, Natty perhaps the piece of that puzzle that won't happen.

I think more likely to see Dev and Haring with Beni on the bench should we need him.  We'll see.  Whatever the lineup, I won't criticise until after the game - my hindsight is 20/20!!!!!

16 minutes ago, the general said:

Silly Timothy's bragging on social media about forging tickets again 

Anything that gives Hearts a reason to cut allocations to a bare minimum is good in my book.

Can't think of a better reason to do so if this is true.

heard from two reliable sources (celtic fans) that there are as many as 200 of them with tickets in the hearts end in the Roseburn tonight. Could be interesting to watch

3 minutes ago, HMFCforever said:

heard from two reliable sources (celtic fans) that there are as many as 200 of them with tickets in the hearts end in the Roseburn tonight. Could be interesting to watch

What? Watch the stewards and police do nothing as per usual? 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, bistokid said:

People talking about playing Beni, Haring and Devlin we tried something similar at Celtic park in the cup. (Halliday for Devlin). We couldn't get out our half for 45 mins. None of the 3 go forward with any conviction or carry the ball. Would be madness and just invite Celtic onto us. I hope McKay, Ginnelly and Boyce play together. All can drop back and help out the CM and off an outlet also.

Halliday is a totally different type of player to Devlin. Cammy has also now had game time playing alongside both Haring and Beni. Completely different proposition this time. To suggest that Haring (in particular), Devlin and Beni don’t go forward with conviction is nonsense.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I do think they can all play together.  Winning the ball high up the pitch is an offensive move, not a defensive one, and if we then have Gino, Boyce, Cochrane and Natty to feed, all good.  

To accommodate Beni alongside Devlin and Haring, someone has to drop out of the front 3

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, HMFCforever said:

If that is the case then these will have to be tickets being sold direct to Celtic fans by Hearts, unless they are forged tickets or being purchased for them by Hearts fans. If it is tickets being purchased for them by Hearts fans they should be ashamed of themselves, similarly any Hearts fan letting either a Celtic or Rangers fan use their seat, or purchase seats for them in the othere stands within Tynecastle when we play either half of the OF.

William H. Bonney
33 minutes ago, HMFCforever said:

Not a chance. 200? 

11 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

To accommodate Beni alongside Devlin and Haring, someone has to drop out of the front 3

Oh yeah, I seem to have dropped McKay don't I.  Let's not do that!!! ahaha!

Ok, erm, I still like it in theory but I do want Gino and Boyce both to play as they're very good at occupying defenders and I think Gino can get joy running down the sides (he made so many good runs last time against Celtic and we were incapable of playing pretty easy passes for him to bear down on).

So we all agree my theory is absolutely spot on, but McKay doesn't fit in to it, so let's keep it in our back pocket, yeh?

2 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Not a chance. 200? 

Considering there was, at last count, 2.7 million of them in Seville, that 200 fig is likely to be more like 3, maybe less, I reckon.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ok, erm, I still like it in theory but I do want Gino and Boyce both to play as they're very good at occupying defenders and I think Gino can get joy running down the sides (he made so many good runs last time against Celtic and we were incapable of playing pretty easy passes for him to bear down on).

So we all agree my theory is absolutely spot on, but McKay doesn't fit in to it, so let's keep it in our back pocket, yeh?

Fine by me :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Heart tells me 2-0 for us but head tells me 1-1. 

What does your body tell you?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Gino on for the last 30 mins when celtic are chasing the game. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gino on for the last 30 mins when celtic are chasing the game. 

Ooft, see what you're saying but I think Gino is a better starter.  Get in their faces early and get them turning, worrying about him, leaving pockets for Boyce and McKay.

Woodburn is a pretty decent option on the bench against tired legs - intelligence rather than pure speed, but that can be even harder to defend against when knacked!

42 minutes ago, Mister T said:

What? Watch the stewards and police do nothing as per usual? 

Or watch the police herd them over into the already overcrowded (by forged tickets) Tim end

35 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Halliday is a totally different type of player to Devlin. Cammy has also now had game time playing alongside both Haring and Beni. Completely different proposition this time. To suggest that Haring (in particular), Devlin and Beni don’t go forward with conviction is nonsense.

They are all DMs. They offer very little  attacking threat.  We will be camped in our own half with that approach. 

Halliday is different to Devlin but he isn't an attacking midfielder.(aside from the weekend). Generally plays a holding role. The comparison is valid in that we'd have the same issues we had with those 3 in the middle of the park. We need people to stretch Celtic and of we have only 2 attackers we won't get on the front foot. Exacerbated even further if Smith starts at wingback.

Edited by bistokid

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I've said it before that I can see this sort of thing working.  Although, I'd switch Haring and Cammy in your scenario (his energy ahead of the midfield to basically mark the ball if that makes sense).  Also Cammy as much as he isn't massively overly progressive when has the ball at the halfway line, is actually very good in and around the oppo box.

I think that can work, especially with good energy out wide.  Thing is though, I think we'll play Smith wide right, so the worry would be we end up with a very defensive 5311 tyoe thing, where the plan would actually be to be more of a 3412 with Cammy (albeit weirdly) being the "1".

I do think they can all play together.  Winning the ball high up the pitch is an offensive move, not a defensive one, and if we then have Gino, Boyce, Cochrane and Natty to feed, all good.  As I say, Natty perhaps the piece of that puzzle that won't happen.

I think more likely to see Dev and Haring with Beni on the bench should we need him.  We'll see.  Whatever the lineup, I won't criticise until after the game - my hindsight is 20/20!!!!!

You are good Cammy rules zone 14

Edited by Factuer Moi

Just now, Factuer Moi said:

You are good

Na, not really.  I forgot Bazza McKay!!  My whole system goosed!

I guess same kinda thing with Baz in AM role instead of Dev, and Cam taking Beni's place in the mid (with Beni coming on to play keep ball later in the game to close out the win!!!  Yeeha!)

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Na, not really.  I forgot Bazza McKay!!  My whole system goosed!

I guess same kinda thing with Baz in AM role instead of Dev, and Cam taking Beni's place in the mid (with Beni coming on to play keep ball later in the game to close out the win!!!  Yeeha!)

In general though your content is top notch reading, can visualise your points easily. Very colourful dominant type football mindset too.

You catch the eye every time . Cam Beni Pete can play together, Haring up front though in a three is the way to go on that score. 

Edited by Factuer Moi

If they stay true to form they’ll start fast try and get an early lead then sit in second half, I suspect Robbie will go with our usual tactic of trying to contain them first 30 mins then open up a bit in the 2nd. I think it’ll be a similar team to Saturday with Souttar replacing Smith.

Not 100% sure best team tonight 

I think Boyce may be a sub as we may be better with a fast front 3.

The midfield area is obviously key will he go with a central 2-3 ?

Maybe too early for Beni as just back 

most likely 343 

Pasquale for King

Gordon 

Cochrane

Kingsley

Halkett

The Rat

Smitn

Haring

Devlin

GMS/Halliday 

Boyce

McKay

I think this is the team he will pick  with Ginnelly to make an impact off the bench. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, bistokid said:

Halliday is different to Devlin but he isn't an attacking midfielder.(aside from the weekend). Generally plays a holding role. The comparison is valid in that we'd have the same issues we had with those 3 in the middle of the park. We need people to stretch Celtic and of we have only 2 attackers we won't get on the front foot. Exacerbated even further if Smith starts at wingback.

Haring, on the other hand, is an attacking midfielder 

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Haring, on the other hand, is an attacking midfielder 

He's never played as an attacking midfielder in all the years he's been with us and previously played as a CD. He doesn't have any real attacking attributes, rarely assists or scores. I like Haring but I am struggling to believe anyone would bill him as an attacking midfielder. 

Edited by bistokid

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 minutes ago, bistokid said:

He's never played as an attacking midfielder in all the years he's been with us and previously played as a CD. He doesn't have any real attacking attributes, rarely assists or scores. I like Haring but I am struggling to believe anyone would bill him as an attacking midfielder. 

You've been going to different matches to me 😀

I see Haring stepping forward every time he has the ball, spreading the play wide and through the middle. He also often attacks the box (although, sadly, he hasn't got a shot on target for a while now). Never in a million years is he a simple (side-to-side/backwards passing) DM. 

I think Neilson will go:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith                              Cochrane

Haring Beni

Devlin

McKay  Boyce 

On 25/01/2022 at 14:10, wavydavy said:

It's ironical also that they are complaining about the tickets not having seat numbers. I would imagine that very few of them would sit in their allocated seat even if they were numbered. So it is really just an excuse to have a moan at Hearts FC.

I presume the tickets are sold via Celtic and the contractual obligation is therefore with Celtic?

4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I see Haring stepping forward every time he has the ball, spreading the play wide and through the middle. He also often attacks the box (although, sadly, he hasn't got a shot on target for a while now). Never in a million years is he a simple (side-to-side/backwards passing) DM. 

We must have.  I didn't talk about his range of passing and it doesn't preclude him from being a defensive midfielder. He does have a decent range and looks to pass forward but positionally and his main attributes are defensive.  He isn't going to unlock a defence or run beyond the strikers. He isn't a goalscoring midfielder or one that provides assists. If he's a attacking midfielder he's doing a bad job.

6 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

the bit in ( ) ? did he not score on Saturday ? agree with the post otherwise 👍

5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

People looooove to assign players a position like it's Fifa or FM.  Not only is this guy only a midfielder, he's actually only a CDM.  This guy here is a RB, but not a RWB.  This one is a CF but not a LW.

It's basically all a load of shiteypoop.  If a guy does a job, even a job for one game, he's what he was in that game.  Or for that passage of play in that game sometimes.

I remember Gary McKay being deployed as a number 10 against Hibs once even though he'd been playing CM and RB a lot and he ran the show.  Christ, if folk had their way, Hartley would have remained a very average RM.

Haring, as you say likes to play very progressively.  In truth, he's what I'd consider quiet a complete midfielder.  Could do with adding goals back in to his game of course, but I think he will.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I presume the tickets are sold via Celtic and the contractual obligation is therefore with Celtic?

We send them the tickets, as when we play away it’s got the home clubs badge on it etc. I imagine they have numbers etc. 

Pasquale for King

Snakey reckons it should be interesting game tonight, hope Brentford dock his wages for giving us his fantastic insight on their time. 

1 hour ago, Factuer Moi said:

In general though your content is top notch reading, can visualise your points easily. Very colourful dominant type football mindset too.

You catch the eye every time . Cam Beni Pete can play together, Haring up front though in a three is the way to go on that score. 

Aw thanks man.  I'm enjoying your added energy on here for what it's worth!

We disagree horribly on the "who'd be the most furthestest forward in that midfield 3 that will prob never happen" debate though and it may be the end of this daisy chain if we're not careful.  I think Pete wants to be behind the ball, reading the game coming on to him, closing off spaces, winning tackles and headers and spraying the ball nice n quick into space for Gino and our wingbacks to tear on to.

Dev being ahead of him can have the sole job of being a bloody nuisance, but a bit higher up the pitch, hopefully winning the ball or at least hurrying them in to shite decisions or loose passes (which Haring and Beni hoover up!).  If and when he does win the ball, he's nice n close to Boyce for feet or Gino for wee slipped balls which he's good at.

See!  I'm great at this, at home, when I should be working, and all in absolute theory, with the opposition doing nothing to stop my great ideas!  Easy!

2 hours ago, HMFCforever said:

Genuine question but how, unless it was an organised campaign among celtic fans to purchase tickets, would anyone know that 200 tickets were bought by celtic fans? 

Sounds like absolute nonsense.