** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

1 minute ago, Chillidigits said:

Seems to me that we concede before a ball is kicked that Celtic will be too slick for us early doors . That doesn't mean however that we shouldn't be making it hard for them to retain possession. They were untroubled 2 goals up and coasting before we eventually decided to turn up. You could see signs in the first half that their defence is prone to the jitters. Any kind of high press would have given them skidmarks.

IMO the way to play the OF is give them no time on the ball all over the park. What we might lack player for player in terms of quality it's imperative we match them in terms of fitness . The whole dynamic would change if we fought as hard as they do to regain possession and with that would bring more belief that we can build enough composure in possession to expose their weaknesses.

It seemed last night that we didn't have the energy levels to play that way. Well until or unless we do then we'll spend most of these games pissing against the wind.

I was talking in general in the original post i made, not just the Oldies

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

12 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

Clear tactical errors then by the coaching staff, i do see a style standard being set. How can we change the situation. Is that even a type of plan though we would use? Player imbalance would be my guess at it, i would imagine new additions of a higher quality in certain areas will improve how we start games. One negative trait we have all seen over the recent seasons. Not just Robbie.

Keeping shape on its own  won't keep good teams out. If you don't press them hard for mistakes, you will eventually concede and create nowt. The risk taken may have been an acknowledgment from RN we can't press from the start and maintain it,  so you are looking to stay in the game and win out in the second half. Unfortunately, use of ball was atrocious and possession was conceded time and time again ****ing up any plan

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Keeping shape on its own  won't keep good teams out. If you don't press them hard for mistakes, you will eventually concede and create nowt. The risk taken may have been an acknowledgment from RN we can't press from the start and maintain it,  so you are looking to stay in the game and win out in the second half. Unfortunately, use of ball was atrocious and possession was conceded time and time again ****ing up any plan

Correct on giving the ball away, i am not sure on the shite bag mentality part though. I thought we got at them innitialy, they got the breaks the lucky *******s. Two offside goals in the game, match up any conspiracy theories against them, we had the chances in the game to kill them off. Sat  off them, the slackness came from not getting the ball into the center of the pitch, there was nothing going on there for us at points. They played the wide areas of our smaller pitch better than Us. So many points to last nights game, like the O'Rielly one for them, or the whats his name scoring that rocket shot. No one was ever going to predict those events. It was annoying the **** out of me that we were slack . We will have to take those points you make on board, they are valid.

Edited by Factuer Moi

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve seen this a few times but not sure how anyone can say that on the basis that we created **** all in the 90 minutes (our goal being offside and gifted a penalty).  We probably would have held on for a draw but if you compare the last time Rangers we’re at Tynie, we cut them open umpteen times and made loads of chances - we did it once last night but it was actually offside.  Disappointing as Celtic are pish at the back, Arsefelt in particular but we put them under no pressure and only got back into the game when we starting going long when Simms came on.

That’s your opinion - I’ll stick with mine thanks

6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree Atkinson looked good but he cost us the first goal!  Gordon should still have saved it though but I think it’s the first time we’ve had to say that this season. 

He did, but TBF Atkinson hadn't played a competitive game since September. He's not fully match fit. He got thrown on by necessity into the middle of a period when we were on the ropes and made a silly play.

He was at fault but he was handed a very difficult task.

As to why we were better in the second, some of it is just that Ange coaches his team to try to run over the opposition in the first half, even if they get knackered in the second. Just looking at their results against other sides, both in Scotland and in Europe, they seem to score a disproportionate number of goals in the first half.