** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

HeartsandonlyHearts
22 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Wee Ange

”They love talking about decisions here”

:rofl:   

He can go $#!t a hedgehog. Every manager that goes there grows a permanent chip on their shoulder. Can’t friggin’ wait till they get a bad call that causes scenes. Not an offside goal in a game already won but a real bummer of a decision that we seem to get against them consistently. It’s easy to turn the other cheek when you’ve won. Not so easy when you’re cheated. I hate him already. He’s been here 5 minutes. 😂

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

Agree with others it’s a real mixed bag of reactions after that. 
So disappointing not to take the chance at the penalty.

concern about injuries especially halkett who I think has been solid all season 

positives though in how well we did second half and the obvious improvement in our squad and what they’re capable of against what are undoubtedly a strong (and unmatchably expensive) Celtic team 

manaliveits105
18 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Celtic will win the league, by at least 3 points.

No chance they aren’t that good when you get in about them

Byyy The Light
Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

He can go $#!t a hedgehog. Every manager that goes there grows a permanent chip on their shoulder. Can’t friggin’ wait till they get a bad call that causes scenes. Not an offside goal in a game already won but a real bummer of a decision that we seem to get against them consistently. It’s easy to turn the other cheek when you’ve won. Not so easy when you’re cheated. I hate him already. He’s been here 5 minutes. 😂

I detest the prick 

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Back 4 is what knackered us

We got back in the game with a back 4. Normally I'm a much bigger fan of the back 3 but we simply cannot do without an extra midfielder.

south morocco
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Also I don't want to deny that we should have been better first half but it needs to be said that Jota bossed the game.  We had no one who could stay with him, and you can't fix that with tactics and formations.

Isn’t that because he’s a very good player?

Pasquale for King

They press really well but give the ball away or hoof it when you press them, more balls in behind that awful defence was required. 
Poor officiating with their second goal and ours, and in the first half. 
They definitely run out of steam in most games though. 
I don’t think we were great tonight but that’s two games against the uglies where we could easily have matched them. 
We are getting there, shown by their time wasting in the second half. What a bunch of squealing divers they are. 
What a goal though 🙄
I’ve definitely felt worse after a defeat to them. 
Well done to both teams with the minutes applause, was welling up there.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ll join you on this if he accepts.  👍

Who actually cares, Morgs. If it's not Hearts I don't give a feck who wins. Tho Largo should probably keep his money in case Rangers go bust again.

14 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

We shat it first half, didn’t press the ball and we got run over in the middle of the park and down the flanks. I have no idea why we couldn’t just change shape on 15 mins when it was obvious we were getting horsed. That said 2nd half was much better and bar a missed pen we would have went on and won imho. 

Absolutely agree with you. So frustrating Neilson did not change things, what was he watching during the first half.

Under the floodlight

Officials were poor again, Bitton booked on 53min then deliberately prevents ball from being played forward by handling ball on 65 min, surely a second yellow and a sending off?

21 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Rubbish. Do you honestly think robbie told the played time sit back first half? Bet he didn’t. They were just better than us first half. They have better players than us. 

Quite astounding the number of people on here who don’t seem to notice who we’re playing. Celtic press and physically dominate the first hour of games (actually why they have so many injuries) with players who cost 10x anything we could afford. The first half showed a real gulf in technical ability. Devlin and Haring aren’t passing their way through their midfield. Jota had Smith in his pocket. We barely had a passage of play such was their dominance.

We came back into it as they tired, Atkinson got to grips with the game, Beni settled us and a bit more confidence went through the team.

Literally an inch away from taking something from the game in the end. 

Just now, south morocco said:

Isn’t that because he’s a very good player?

Even if he is, Iistening to sky coverage was nauseating hearing them fawn over him. 🤢 Second half he skied it a few times which was pleasing 

manaliveits105

Why did sky camera go on the ceptic fan blowing kisses at the end -  the tramp with the face that looked like he had been hit repeatedly with a frying pan 

3 minutes ago, bawheed said:

How do you know what he's been asked to do, in the 1st half with that team selection he had to play both rolls

he was totally isolated.

Of course we know what he’s been told to do. The same thing he’s been doing since he came here. He gets frustrated when it’s not working for him and ends up deeper and deeper to get involved sometimes. He’s no use to us 40 yards from goal and he’s not being asked by anyone to go there and play

The 2/3 G4S stewards at the Hearts / Celtic pitch-side barrier should be sacked.

Clear inside job. About 10-15 Celtic fans bolted from the Hearts end and the barriers were moved prior to them entering the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They press really well but give the ball away or hoof it when you press them, more balls in behind that awful defence was required. 
Poor officiating with their second goal and ours, and in the first half. 
They definitely run out of steam in most games though. 
I don’t think we were great tonight but that’s two games against the uglies where we could easily have matched them. 
We are getting there, shown by their time wasting in the second half. What a bunch of squealing divers they are. 
What a goal though 🙄
I’ve definitely felt worse after a defeat to them. 
Well done to both teams with the minutes applause, was welling up there.

👍

Last 5 games:

Rangers 13 points (55 total)
Celtic 13 points (51 total)
Hearts 9 points (39 total)
Motherwell 7 points (32 total)
Hibs 10 points (30 total)
Aberdeen 7 points (28 total) 

Could have been better, could have been far worse.

Pulled 2 points further ahead of both well and the Sheep.

The vermin only closed the gap by 1 point.

Two shitey arse cheeks are doing what they always do and are sailing off into the sunset.

Unless you get in celtic's faces early on they will dominate. We also need to find a way to compete in Midfield and not give them easy passes. We also need to start higher up the pitch, when we sit deep it is only a matter of time before they score. I have never been confident of Boyce as a Penalty taker, we need someone who can smash the ball into the net.

Will keep saying it but until we sign an attacking midfielder who regularly scores goals there's a big piece of the jigsaw missing in that team.

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I hope we go 4-3-3 against the OF in the future. Put our three CMs right across the middle of the park.

No chance but would be great.

2 minutes ago, One five said:

Well said Morg👍

👍

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Who actually cares, Morgs. If it's not Hearts I don't give a feck who wins. Tho Largo should probably keep his money in case Rangers go bust again.

🤞

13 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I personally think that when you have 2 set of players IE Us and the OF you have to take into account the quality of player. They are spending millions on each player and we are trying our best to pluck gems from the market. At the start of the game everyone is fresh and going at it, and like you say we have been swarmed the last 3 times. that might have a bit to do with the players in each side going head to head, initially  

There has definitely been tactical changes the last 3 matches against them and these changes have saw us come back in the 2nd half period, and at times dominate them. 

Are these tactical changes all made with the benefit of hindsight, or are they made on the basis of what is actually happening out on the park ? - that's probably the question to ask. 

I think we need to accept that there will be times, 1st half, when they come out and just try and dominate possession in our half, and when they lose the ball they force us into mistakes. We just seem to get hemmed in and they push up the park as high as possible. 

Interesting question though. 

Good post. It's the highlighted part that prompted my question really.

I am fully aware that Celtic have better players than we do. They are technically better and faster and fitter. BUT. As you have alluded to there, part of the reason we have done better in the second half of the last three matches against them has been tactical changes made by Robbie Neilson. It just leaves me wondering if we are starting these matches with the team not set up in the best way it can be to cause them problems. And it also leaves me wondering what might have been if we had started the match in the formation we finished it in.

Edited by No Idle Talk

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Why did sky camera go on the ceptic fan blowing kisses at the end -  the tramp with the face that looked like he had been hit repeatedly with a frying pan 

I laughed more at the mature looking Hearts fan with the sequinned Union flag hoodie and the earrings.

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Also I don't want to deny that we should have been better first half but it needs to be said that Jota bossed the game.  We had no one who could stay with him, and you can't fix that with tactics and formations.

Amazing to think what a 6 million pound player can being you eh?

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, Largo said:

Please stay away from drugs 🤣🤣

They’re a better team than you,  beat you next week they’ll win the league but if you win I can’t see them pull it back.  

But that performance from Celtic tonight was night and day from Rangers’ last visit to Tynie.  They play at an intensity your team just can’t match and we created nothing tonight unless you count an offside goal or handball, yet we could easily have scored 6 or 7 against your lot (Boyce missing 5 chances alone plus another couple off the bar).  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

6 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

He was moaning like **** about a few bad tackles in the cup on Saturday. Wait to see if rangers get a penalty against them next week

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Tight margins. Sometimes he’s unlucky as well. 

He was unlucky tonight but few of his penalties are emphatically put away and he never looks fully confident on the run up. 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yep 🤢

A face which could be improved by some more skelps with a skillet if you ask me 

I want first hit

6 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Absolutely agree with you. So frustrating Neilson did not change things, what was he watching during the first half.

Neilson was constantly urging the team to press and get higher up the park first half.

First half was an abomination, an absolute disaster from Neilson. Home advantage wiped out by sitting off them. Second half was much more like it Beni completely changed it

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Of course we know what he’s been told to do. The same thing he’s been doing since he came here. He gets frustrated when it’s not working for him and ends up deeper and deeper to get involved sometimes. He’s no use to us 40 yards from goal and he’s not being asked by anyone to go there and play

BSHIT he's a international football No9 who play's a different game for Hearts, watch youtube and get back to me.

4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

He was unlucky tonight but few of his penalties are emphatically put away and he never looks fully confident on the run up. 

I hope we can find a better penalty taker. 

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Dreadful first half, can't give Celtic a 45min start(we seem to do it a lot). We made an average Celtic team look world beaters.

Poor beginning of 2nd half until Beni came on.

Devlin and Haring all over the place, Haring improved when Beni came on.

Never confident with Boyce on pens,  too casual.

Good comeback so credit to Neilson for the changes, and we could and should have come away with a point after Celtic failed to put game to bed.

Sorry Gambo but they were a class or two above us so if they’re average what are we ?

Yes we could have stolen a point but we didn’t deserve anything from the game

1 minute ago, Jambos1983 said:

First half was an abomination, an absolute disaster from Neilson. Home advantage wiped out by sitting off them. Second half was much more like it Beni completely changed it

Totally agree!

Arthur Morgan

I wasn't 100% on it, but after that display I think it's clear to say Beni is a better player than Devlin, in fact he's our best player, and will make us millions. 

55 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Devlin reminds me of Ryan McGowan. Tenacious and enthusiastic, but ultimately shit. 

Hopefully you don’t mind if I use my boo now?        BOOOO

Cant afford to start games against Rangers and Celtic with 2 in midfield,  need another body in there to get a foothold in the game early on .

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Officials were poor again, Bitton booked on 53min then deliberately prevents ball from being played forward by handling ball on 65 min, surely a second yellow and a sending off?

Yep, I was more pissed off at the lack of red for a clear deliberate handball when already on a yellow than their goal probably being offside.  Incredible decision, or lack of it.

portobellojambo1

It definitely was one of those games which fits into the bracket of a game of two halves. In the first half, if we are honest, we could have had no complaints if we ahd gone in more than two goals behind. Tightened up and played a lot better 2nd half, and came very close to taking a point from the game. And although I have a lot of time for Liam Boyce I have little to no sympathy where a penalty is missed because the ball wasn't directed between the posts, even where the difference between a goal and a miss on this occasion was about an inch. But the only time you can really accept a penalty being missed is if the keeper guesses correct and is able to save it.

I'd never heard of Simms who we have on loan from Everton but my first sighting suggests he should be a big help to us during the remainder of this season, even if it involves changing formation to 4-4-2, giving us two penalty box strikers up front.

Was a bit disappointed with both Barrie McKay and Josh Ginnelly first half and wasnt' surprised to see Ginnelly removed at H/T. Likewise Cammy Devlin was probably in danger of getting himself sent off and the change for Beningime made sense.

Now we can just look forward to Saturday and hope we can get back on track, and back to winning ways.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Tonight we saw RN’s inexperience as a manager. It was pretty obvious that when playing the old firm if you are going to have a chance you must at-least match them in midfield. The team we started was just too light weight for that job.

Its no surprise when Beni and Halliday came on we started to dominate the game. Similar thing happened away to Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Cant afford to start games against Rangers and Celtic with 2 in midfield,  need another body in there to get a foothold in the game early on .

Very much this.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Sorry Gambo but they were a class or two above us so if they’re average what are we ?

Yes we could have stolen a point but we didn’t deserve anything from the game

They are an average Celtic team. We made them look.like a world beating Cetic team.

For a 3rd place team at home we have and need to be looking to perform better than that first 60mins, it was far far too easy for them.

Fair play to Neilson for the changes, but first 60mins needs addressed.

Just now, McCrae said:

Tonight we saw RN’s inexperience as a manager. It was pretty obvious that when playing the old firm if you are going to have a chance you must at-least match them in midfield. The team we started was just too light weight for that job.

Its no surprise when Beni and Halliday came on we started to dominate the game. Similar thing happened away to Motherwell.

Agreed he could have subbed Ginnelly after 20 mins, he could not play position asked of him to combat Celtics midfield, then Haring far too slow and Devlin never got going.