• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Folk won't agree because he's scored a few goals but we need better than Boyce up front. He's not good enough.

I don’t think anyone will disagree with you. 

Pleased at that 2nd half but ultimately giving any team a 2 goal lead with a heartless performance is disappointing.

New boy looks good.

New penalty taker please.

Hope injuries are minor.

Not disheartened.  Celtic were much sharper in the first half but Baningime made a huge difference when he came on.  Huge player for us.

Boyce couldn't have bern unluckier with the penalty.

We won't be playing sides that good very often.

1st half was dreadful. 2nd half was an excellent effort.

Beni changed the game. The big laddie Simms did OK. Atkinson had a tough one first half, gave away the goal but good 2nd half. Boyce was unlucky with the pen, inside of the post ffs.

Devlin and Cochrane had nightmares. Devlin was utterly horrific. Beni and Haring everyweek please. 

Usual story, ****ed it first half.

Edited by Cruyff

I just want to say, too, that Souttar was outstanding. I'm pissed that he's off to Rangers at the end of the season but I've changed my mind, we need to keep him until the season is finished. Tell Rangers to bolt.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Never confident when Boyce steps up for a pen. 

Second half a lot better after we scored but let's be honest couldn't be much worse than first. 

Halkett body language didn't look good after that injury, will need to keep Souttar now. 

Said this to my boy. We should knock back any and all offers that comes in for him now. And guarantee they're already phoning with a bid right now 🙄

Edited by WDJ87

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Gordon should have probably have saved it as well. 

Gordon wasn’t himself today. Poor distribution, punting the ball up the field and overall just not as solid as we are use to. 

I think that's a testimony to the fact we were shell-shocked, rather than being tactically under orders to attempt a containing strategy. We never settled - and when Gordon is looking unsettled, you know its been a tough half. 

Benigime is absolute class though and he turned the tide with his calmness on the ball, reading of play and close control. Him and Haring definitely can work together, with Devlin, McEneff etc all slotting in around them. 

Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

I just want to say, too, that Souttar was outstanding. I'm pissed that he's off to Rangers at the end of the season but I've changed my mind, we need to keep him until the season is finished. Tell Rangers to bolt.

With Halkett off his price should be £1m which Rangers will never pay.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Dont talk Rubbish he tells them to play shit so they do…🙈 

So ****ed off if that pen went in i reckon we were winning that. Said 2mins before the goal we were getting back in this. It was coming. Simms looks a good player. Won more headers in his first minute than Gnando had all season. In saying all that Hibs and Well drew so only picked up a point on us. All on us to do the business Sat and Wed now

If we can get 3 points on Saturday, and Motherwell will be very stuffy, then it's on to Easter Road where a win would almost cement third.

Hope Halkett isn't out for long 

Just now, Neil Mccanns Wand said:

Boyce needs taking off penalties. Three out of six is a shocking ratio

Agreed. It’s pathetic. What is it about playing Celtic that brings out the shitebag factor in our penalty takers?

Agree with Boyce coming off pens, but who goes on them? Frankly don't trust any of them to take them, our wingers are about as goal shy as they come, Devlin isn't comfortable in front of goal. Halkett is maybe the only one I think can handle them? IIRC Took pens for Livi, reminds me a bit of Pressley. 

Pressure got to him obviously which is really bad to see. We should have taken a point. Sickener there. We rocked them in the 2nd half and they were there for the taking. 

Its times like this where I get annoyed at Robbie, he tinkered needlessly before the game. We're Hearts, we have good players. Lets take our game to them, not try and be clever or accommodate them in any way shape or form. Celtic aren't used to defending, when we have them on the back foot they look bang average. Starfelt if put under pressure will make errors. It was Leveinesq tinkering and it needs to stop now, thats a few times I can think of off the top of my head where Robbies tried to go left field with the tactics and its fallen flat on its arse. 

I think Simms off the back of that should start for us going forward. He looked immense and could actually use his size (unlike Uche) and seems to think quick and play the ball into dangerous areas. Too often Boyce takes the ball, tries to beat a man and fails, or his touch is awful or he just generally slows the play down. 

I'm not shitting on Boyce for the sake of it, stats wise, he's probably our most prolific since Velicka but he has his limitations and its important Robbie recognises what those are - pace mainly, and works around it. Simms must start though, he looks a dangerous player.

Positives are that as crap as we were we came back and could have sneaked something. 

Beni and Simms looked good when they came on.

None of our challengers for 3rd place won.

We only have to play one more game against the arse cheeks before the split.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Never confident when Boyce steps up for a pen. 

Second half a lot better after we scored but let's be honest couldn't be much worse than first. 

Halkett body language didn't look good after that injury, will need to keep Souttar now. 

Yep Halks seems to be not able to get to 90 right now. I can definitely see us keeping Souttar tbh. Not worth it for 500k to leave ourselves short at the back. Clear he will still give 100% for us. 

3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Folk won't agree because he's scored a few goals but we need better than Boyce up front. He's not good enough.

I think many people will agree with you.

I didn't think I would be saying this a few months ago but Halliday is better than Cochrane.

Back to a back 3 and worry about our own game on Saturday.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

With Halkett off his price should be £1m which Rangers will never pay.

I wouldn't even give then a price. Just a simple 'we've decided Souttar is unavailable this window, bye' 

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Said this to my boy. We should knock back any and all offers that comes in for him now. And guarantee they're already phoning with a bid right now 🙄

He’s certainly worth more to us now. 

4 minutes ago, GYL said:

His effort tonight was near the corner.....too fxxckin near🤬🤬

Aye but usually his penalties are almost middle of the feckin goal.  His attempt tonight was probably worse than usual

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Agree with Boyce coming off pens, but who goes on them? Frankly don't trust any of them to take them, our wingers are about as goal shy as they come, Devlin isn't comfortable in front of goal. Halkett is maybe the only one I think can handle them? IIRC Took pens for Livi, reminds me a bit of Pressley. 

Pressure got to him obviously which is really bad to see. We should have taken a point. Sickener there. We rocked them in the 2nd half and they were there for the taking. 

Its times like this where I get annoyed at Robbie, he tinkered needlessly before the game. We're Hearts, we have good players. Lets take our game to them, not try and be clever or accommodate them in any way shape or form. Celtic aren't used to defending, when we have them on the back foot they look bang average. Starfelt if put under pressure will make errors. It was Leveinesq tinkering and it needs to stop now, thats a few times I can think of off the top of my head where Robbies tried to go left field with the tactics and its fallen flat on its arse. 

I think Simms off the back of that should start for us going forward. He looked immense and could actually use his size (unlike Uche) and seems to think quick and play the ball into dangerous areas. Too often Boyce takes the ball, tries to beat a man and fails, or his touch is awful or he just generally slows the play down. 

I'm not shitting on Boyce for the sake of it, stats wise, he's probably our most prolific since Velicka but he has his limitations and its important Robbie recognises what those are - pace mainly, and works around it. Simms must start though, he looks a dangerous player.

Kingsley on pens, no brainer imo. 

34 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Steady. 😄 

All about margins and that could have easily went in off. 

His conversion rate re pens is very poor...thats the point...he saunters up and even when he scores, its left or right of centre and dribbles in.... his pen against Hobos at Hampden is how he should take pens, but that was the exception unfortunately....

Ex member of the SaS

Never rated Boyce as highly as some on here but I thought he had one of his better games for us ..... until the penalty! Once again on the wrong side of the officials, offside after a Celtic player heads the ball, the only saving grace was both their second and our first were both off.

The deliberate hand ball by the side lines should have been a red or at least a definitely a second yellow. Our players shoved in the back numerous times for no fouls.

Oh well poor first half but a much better second and should have deserved a draw. Play like this in the next two games and it's six easy points.

36 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

He really doesn’t miss that many

For Hearts? He does you know...he is very far from clinical re taking pens for Hearts....

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Gordon should have probably have saved it as well. 

Gordon wasn’t himself today. Poor distribution, punting the ball up the field and overall just not as solid as we are use to. 

I thought it was very saveable. 

Maroon Sailor

What are Boyce's penalty misses this season ?

Motherwell, Celtic - Gorgie Road End

Dundee Utd - Tannadice

Any more?

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think many people will agree with you.

He did score tonight. I agree we need a better penalty taker though. 

Just now, Silvery_Moon said:

Positives are that as crap as we were we came back and could have sneaked something. 

Beni and Simms looked good when they came on.

None of our challengers for 3rd place won.

We only have to play one more game against the arse cheeks before the split.

I absolutely hate playing them 8 times a season. Its just ****ing shite. Dodgy calls from the refs guaranteed and it becomes mitigating the referee more than anything. You know their choking to get the cards out and going down to 10 men is a recipe for having our goal difference wiped out. Nearly a 3rd of our games where we're basically waiting to be cheated. I ****ing hate it. 

It was made for Souttar to take that penalty, fecking Boyce man. One of his sh1ters near the middle would have done there

As already said Devlin needs to come out; if anything it will let him know he needs to contribute more.

Think most has been said already but thought this was a decent performance albeit for Boyce's dreadful miss. Simms seem to be an improvement over Gnando so I'm really looking forward to the next match to see if he can follow up on his debut. HHGH💪

1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

His conversion rate re pens is very poor...thats the point...he saunters up and even when he scores, its left or right of centre and dribbles in.... his pen against Hobos at Hampden is how he should take pens, but that was the exception unfortunately....

I wouldn't be adding 'unfortunately' but I know what you mean, unfortunately. 

The Mercer Takeover
8 minutes ago, Neil Mccanns Wand said:

Boyce needs taking off penalties. Three out of six is a shocking ratio

Absolutely

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett (if fit)

Kingsley

Atkinson

Halliday

Beni

Haring

Mckay

Simms

Boyce

Team for Saturday please.

5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Yeah he was poor no doubt about it. Couldn’t trap a ball. Couldn’t pass a ball. Won no tackles. Chasing shadows all night. 
Should have saved the first goal. And don’t get me started on not calling the offside for the second goal. He was absolutely $#!te.

Ok an inch to the right he score's (Boyce) if you think he had a poor game totally disagree one of the cleverest striker's ever at Hearts, he's playing with no No10.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lets not overlook the fact they have better players than us while you throw your toys out the pram.

No I completely agree with you. When Celtic play at full intensity it is unbeleivable the gulf between the two teams. 

however thats two games now when Celtic only last 60 mins and the literally are on the ropes towards the end. 

Indeed maybe that was the game plan, sit in, try and stay in the game and push them tmin the last quarter of the match. 

9 minutes ago, Badonde said:

He just runs about like a headless chicken.  Miles off it.  Tonight showed that he’s nowhere near as good as what majority of hearts fans think he is.  Beni in for devlin on Saturday I think

Definitely. 

I do like him but he was nowhere near them tonight. 

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Still 7 clear of 3rd place - we're not in the hunt or good enough for anything higher just now so let's just concentrate on getting things back on track v Well and Hibs next two games 👍 was however pretty disappointed with how we started the game felt we just let Celtic do what they wanted to and let them boss things 🙄

This.

We got done by a tempo that is very hard to play against. We also had some awful first half performances you just can’t afford against a team of that standard. We were miles behind them but recovered a bit of pride second half

Beni made a difference. Simms looked pretty good in an unfair game to judge him on, but we just didn’t have enough from others to say we deserved anything from the game

No point worrying too much about it. Just get back on the bike and run through the rest of the dross we’re better than

Good result at Motherwell for us so very little damage done. Just need to make sure we’re back on it on Saturday 

Heading home from the game and haven't seen the pen again but apparently Hart dived early and in the direction Boyce was going to place it. Last min change of mind from Boyce where he put it. Seem to be focusing of Boyce offside goal rather than Celtic offside goal

Edited by MrBones

Well that was annoying.

But, on the us side, this time last year if you'd said we would be gutted at not taking a poi t from celtic and at times out playing their vastly higher paid side, I wouldn't have believed you.

Yes, I think tactically Robbie is still learning. Bit, I'm seeing him improve as a manager. And the signing policy is night and day.

I'm frustrated we didn't get a point, but I do see great progress. We should always be gutted at not getting at least a point off the uglies every time we play them.

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Kingsley on pens, no brainer imo. 

The same Kingsley that choked in the cup final and missed when we were handed a chance to win it?

God no. 

The guy takes a top tier free kick, but you need your penalty taker to have balls of steel. Like Wighton he choked. I love Kingsley, but that would be stupid. 

If we're going to change it, its hard to look past Halkett, maybe this new boy Simms might be the answer. 

Real shame Walker couldn't find some form here. IIRC he took a solid pen. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He did score tonight. I agree we need a better penalty taker though. 

He was lucky not to have it chalked off - he mistimed his run.

2 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I wouldn't be adding 'unfortunately' but I know what you mean, unfortunately. 

It's clearly unfortunate he doesn't take all his pens like that at Hampden, if he did, we would be far better off....

number witheld

Both Atkinson and simms showed up well for me. I was hoping it wasn’t going to turn out to be a jumping at half time. I guess a few folk emotive after all that having a go at devlin. He was just doing his usual thing but good he was subbed off cos beni was real good. We have come far this season let’s not forget it and the bones of a really good squad is there. 

The Future's Maroon

Although I agree a new pen taker is needed (Barrie?)

I think the negative comments are heat of the moment, he is top scorer and looked to link up well with Simms 

Lets not let sore hearts start turning on him, Boyce is a massive player for us?

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, MrBones said:

Heading home from the game and haven't seen the pen again but apparently Hart dived early and in the direction Boyce was going to place it. Last min change of mind from Boyce where he put it

9 times out of 10 it goes in off post. Thing is, we needed it and if it had gone in, we could have gone on and won it as Celtic were just shattered.

Just now, bawheed said:

Ok an inch to the right he score's (Boyce) if you think he had a poor game totally disagree one of the cleverest striker's ever at Hearts, he's playing with no No10.

I've not been his biggest fan but that was close to the perfect penalty. He did a lot in the game. Sometimes too slow in seeing a pass but we are lucky to have him. Would enjoy seeing him with a partner up front and play 442 for a few games. 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Definitely. 

I do like him but he was nowhere near them tonight. 

Correct. There is a place for industry, energy and desire, but its pretty clear technically speaking, he is pretty basic at best....needs to be used more sparingly going forward and others with different skill sets used...

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

No I completely agree with you. When Celtic play at full intensity it is unbeleivable the gulf between the two teams. 

however thats two games now when Celtic only last 60 mins and the literally are on the ropes towards the end. 

Indeed maybe that was the game plan, sit in, try and stay in the game and push them tmin the last quarter of the match. 

That is the issue - you have to withstand a tornado with them and we failed to do it.

I do see why we didn't start with Beni as he is just returning from a long spell out, but it made a difference.