** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

He was lucky not to have it chalked off - he mistimed his run.

Tight margins. Sometimes he’s unlucky as well. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Kingsley on pens, no brainer imo. 

No thanks. 

Every time someone mentions Kingsley and pen it brings up terrible memories. 

2 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Ok an inch to the right he score's (Boyce) if you think he had a poor game totally disagree one of the cleverest striker's ever at Hearts, he's playing with no No10.

I thought he was really poor all night. He isn’t usually poor though it has to be said. Tonight he had a stinker, there’s no getting away from it

south morocco
Just now, indianajones said:

No thanks. 

Every time someone mentions Kingsley and pen it brings up terrible memories. 

This🥲

Why do we always start with 2 in midfield against them and sevco. Always overran with 3 attacking playing with no service. Surely playing 3 across the middle and maybe being competitive in the middle of the park would bring more success and involve our attackers 

For Saturday would go:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Beni Haring Halliday

McKay Simms Gino

Was saying on another thread we can do better than Halliday, but tbh I can see the value in the versatility. Hopefully the conversation he's had with the management team is this is your chance to earn an extension, go do it. 

Cochrane looked like a lost wee laddie, Devlin was okay, but Beni so much calmer and totally changed our dynamic. 

GMS too inconsistent to trust he's not going to turn into Casper on Saturday. Gino the same, but he gets stuck in and IMO doesn't hide as much. 

****ing gutted about that result. We deserved a point from that 2nd half. Awful first half, suppose on balance lucky our goal difference didn't take a hammering because 2-0 down so quick its easy to capitulate. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Team was pish first half. Credit for the changes made and until injury time started we looked at team again.

I can’t do the whole “Robbie is clueless” stuff.

If a friggin’ pro can’t get lifted for tonight’s game without having to be prepped by a coach then just quit.

Robbie should have been able to write the team on a sticky and leave it on the white board without a word.

The players should know their jobs and what’s expected of them.

Gordon to blame for the first goal

Cochrane and Kingsley posted missing for the second

Ginnelly never touched the ball 

Devlin needs to calm the **** down

Harring I didn’t know he was playing until the 25th minute

Smith ???

Halkett was fine

Souttar was fine

McKay was poor for him first half

Boyce I thought looked up for it

Atkinson looks a good signing

Simms will be good 

Beni is one of our best signings in many many years. joy to watch.

Halliday was fine

GMS is a waste of a spot for a kid who couldn’t do any worse.

JMO

6 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

He was lucky not to have it chalked off - he mistimed his run.

Thats really really really harsh if you see it

First half lost it for us celtic all over us . That said we improved in the second half ( no other option) . Boyce is our most natural striker we’ve got at the min and it speak volumes when wee Robbo is the last 20+ goal striker we’ve had . Totally agree maybe someone else should take over the pens .we need a new Pressley !! 

Just now, frankblack said:

That is the issue - you have to withstand a tornado with them and we failed to do it.

I do see why we didn't start with Beni as he is just returning from a long spell out, but it made a difference.

Yes. 

positives from tonight

Beni back

Simms looks more than useful

I thought Atkinson was superb, Smith was roasted before he came off

Less Celtic fans at Tynie

Teams below us essentially making no progress in cutting our lead

Negatives

More than a few injuries

A complete inability again to cope with a semi decent press

Gino truly abysmal

Boyce a serious question mark for pens now

Cochrane completely lost tonight

McKay not at his best but we’ll give him one poorish display 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

For Saturday would go:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Beni Haring Halliday

McKay Simms Gino

Was saying on another thread we can do better than Halliday, but tbh I can see the value in the versatility. Hopefully the conversation he's had with the management team is this is your chance to earn an extension, go do it. 

Cochrane looked like a lost wee laddie, Devlin was okay, but Beni so much calmer and totally changed our dynamic. 

GMS too inconsistent to trust he's not going to turn into Casper on Saturday. Gino the same, but he gets stuck in and IMO doesn't hide as much. 

****ing gutted about that result. We deserved a point from that 2nd half. Awful first half, suppose on balance lucky our goal difference didn't take a hammering because 2-0 down so quick its easy to capitulate. 

Doubt Halkett will be fit. Hopefully Moore back.

Malinga the Swinga

Robbie saying Souttar going nowhere, unless we get massive bid.

Also saying both goals were offside and linesman made 2 mistakes.

Pretty honest assessment.

Atkinson and Devlin looked out there depth against an average Celtic team.  I really hope they can improve to the level we needed like a game for tonight. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Ok an inch to the right he score's (Boyce) if you think he had a poor game totally disagree one of the cleverest striker's ever at Hearts, he's playing with no No10.

Not Boyce, god no. Thought he was good tonight.

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

Anyone else watching sky sports, sorry celtic tv? Painful. 

Hartson is a total space cadet

1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I can’t do the whole “Robbie is clueless” stuff.

If a friggin’ pro can’t get lifted for tonight’s game without having to be prepped by a coach then just quit.

Robbie should have been able to write the team on a sticky and leave it on the white board without a word.

The players should know their jobs and what’s expected of them.

While I think the change in shape didn't help, I agree with all of this.

Just now, gavvy said:

Atkinson and Devlin looked out there depth against an average Celtic team.  I really hope they can improve to the level we needed like a game for tonight. 

So you said

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

The same Kingsley that choked in the cup final and missed when we were handed a chance to win it?

God no. 

The guy takes a top tier free kick, but you need your penalty taker to have balls of steel. Like Wighton he choked. I love Kingsley, but that would be stupid. 

If we're going to change it, its hard to look past Halkett, maybe this new boy Simms might be the answer. 

Real shame Walker couldn't find some form here. IIRC he took a solid pen. 

We need someone who gets 9 out of every 10 they take. I still rate Kingsley as a dead-ball expert but whoever we end up selecting, Boyce shouldn't be on them just to get him to the mythical 20 goals a season tally. 

First half had defensive Neilson written all over it. He should have been gone after Brora! Savage supplying ammo and Neilson firing blanks! All in my humble opinion!

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I thought he was really poor all night. He isn’t usually poor though it has to be said. Tonight he had a stinker, there’s no getting away from it

OK totally disagree as he was trying to play No9 and No10 there is no player on the planet that can play both.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, Barack said:

Hamstring for Halkett.

Time to recall Chris Hamilton from Arbroath?

number witheld
1 minute ago, gavvy said:

Don’t agree

2 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Anyone else watching sky sports, sorry celtic tv? Painful. 

I said the same when watching earlier… Celtic sycophants

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats really really really harsh if you see it

Well as maybe but Robbie saw it as offside too, just said as much on BBC Scotland...

2 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Devlin yes- thought Atkinson recovered well from a shaky start to put in a good shift

1 minute ago, 23851 said:

First half had defensive Neilson written all over it. He should have been gone after Brora! Savage supplying ammo and Neilson firing blanks! All in my humble opinion!

****ing lolllllll

1 minute ago, 23851 said:

And in my humble opinion, your humble opinion is a load of bollocks.

1 minute ago, gavvy said:

Devlin didn't have a great game admittidly, but I thought Atkinson was decent, fair enough first half wasn't great but I thought he got up to speed pretty well in the 2nd. 

He's a genuine attacking wing back and I think he's going to absolutely thrive for us. I thought he held up well considering. 

Smith isn't an attack minded player and we've struggled to open teams up because the ball gets to him and he doesn't have the pace to take a man on and I don't think he's got the mindset to attack, its more about ball retention and safe passing, which kills us against weaker teams. Need a bit of risk taking etc. 

number witheld
3 minutes ago, 23851 said:

Rubbish. Do you honestly think robbie told the players to sit back first half? Bet he didn’t. They were just better than us first half. They have better players than us. 

Edited by number witheld
Spelling

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not disheartened.  Celtic were much sharper in the first half but Baningime made a huge difference when he came on.  Huge player for us.

Boyce couldn't have bern unluckier with the penalty.

We won't be playing sides that good very often.

We won’t be playing a side as good as that until we play Celtic again.  Rangers can’t get near that level of intensity they hit us with in the first half.   

1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

Cunny funt... was a simple question but as per folk on here cant answer a simple question 

You asked ‘what did the game start as’?

I answered you.

I take it from your response that you thought it was a ‘simple question’?  🧐

What’s a ‘per folk’ by the way?  🤷🏿‍♂️

1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

Was simply asking about the formation. 100% did not look like it was 4 at the back. Standard back chat though 

It 100% did.  👍

Good game, good performance and the squad is coming together very nicely indeed. On the balance of play a point was merited.

We're never out of a game these days and that is credit to the manager and players who are a cut above anything we've seen for years.

Really enjoyable time to be a Jambo.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

We won’t be playing a side as good as that until we play Celtic again.  Rangers can’t get near that level of intensity they hit us with in the first half.   

Celtic will win the league, by at least 3 points.

Maroon Sailor

Simms can actually jump - nice to see after a year watching Gnandud standing like a statue all the time

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

You asked ‘what did the game start as’?

I answered you.

I take it from your response that you thought it was a ‘simple question’?  🧐

What’s a ‘per folk’ by the way?  🤷🏿‍♂️

It 100% did.  👍

Yep even Andy ****** Walker recognised it as such