Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Unknown user

• The Mighty Thor

• JudyJudyJudy

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Likewise

Nope, not likewise. You are wrong, and that's a fact.

17 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Nope, not likewise. You are wrong, and that's a fact.

Nah, like I said, an effective leader can overcome prejuduce about their appearance

il Duce McTarkin
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nah, like I said, an effective leader can overcome prejuduce about their appearance

Like a bloke can overcome having a boaby to be an effective woman?

Edited by Dirk McTarkin

il Duce McTarkin
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If you say so guv 

1806508790_Screenshot_20220611-2027202.thumb.png.7679c2a51d071a77274d811d3e69875c.png

Like a country can extracate itself from a centuries old political, economic, and social union with all of its assets in tact but bump its fair share of the family debt?

7 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Like a country can extracate itself from a centuries old political, economic, and social union with all of its assets in tact but bump its fair share of the family debt?

A new legal entity doesn't have any responsibility for another legal entity's debts 🤷‍♂️ 

What share of the UK's national debt did the RoI take on?

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What share of the UK's national debt did the RoI take on?

They're Catholics so it should be no surprise that they were untrustworthy.

1 minute ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Goddammit, 15 - Love  😡

4 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

One on the client-facing high heid yins that I deal with regularly has shocking teeth. Black bits and that. 

I can't understand how someone with that level of responsibility thinks that it's acceptable to lead business meetings with literally tens of millions of dollars at stake, with a gob like Dalry Cemetry. It's not as if he's short of a few quid to get them fixed, ffs.

My respect for the guy is greatly diminished on those grounds alone. It's basic stuff.

Some people have a real phobia about  dentists. I’ve a friend whos teeth are like a row of condemned houses . Going to the dentist is so important as they can also check for other illnesses such as mouth or oral cancers. Earlier detected the better . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s a quality, amongst many. Good looking people make better leaders, it’s a fact. (Fair or not) Not understanding importance of appearance is lacking in intelligence and emotional awareness to cater for others tbh.  Whilst, knowing it and doing nothing about it is even worse. It’s not complicated 🤷🏻‍♂️

At no point have I said it’s the be all and end all🤷🏻‍♂️ however, the more leadership qualities they have generally better leader. 

On your last para off course but that’s issue. You need to become a leader to prove effectiveness, that why it’s generally very important as we are judged hugely by our first impression. . Especially higher up where interactions are short. People make the good guy/wank decision within a min of meeting someone. 

I really can’t help but feel you’re not understanding and I genuinely have no idea the point you’re trying to make. This stuff isn’t a debate, lots of stuff (studies etc) out there if you want to read up on that and leadership. Most the stuff is learned skills even the body language etc. Though like most skills some people are naturals others not so much. 

Anyway as pointless discussion goes this must be up there. Leadership qualities on inflation threads. Take it easy 👍

Properly better than my economic chat, I grant you 😂

First appearances and presentation are important in initial social interactions . 

3 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

You can disagree all you like, but it won't make you any less wrong.

Boris does it on purpose. And it works. 🤷‍♂️

52 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Some people have a real phobia about  dentists. I’ve a friend whos teeth are like a row of condemned houses . Going to the dentist is so important as they can also check for other illnesses such as mouth or oral cancers. Earlier detected the better . 

Dentist pulled out the wrong tooth with me and I had to get a bridge fitted. I should have stayed away, because I only had a chipped tooth and I ended up fecked.

35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Another 0.5% hike on the base rate today.

More misery.

Hopefully this doesn't shut the building sites. New homes ain't selling as it is, without this.

18 hours ago, Smithee said:

I disagree fundamentally with this statement 

"if you can’t look after basics such as your appearance, you will be lacking some leadership qualities"

You've never been a leader, have you Smithee?

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Unfortunately, I think you might be back on the taxis/Uber soon enough. Slowdown is under way in housing market and looks like gets worse before better. 

Possibly. Hopefully moving back up to Inverness. Plenty going up there, especially when this free port kicks off. 

I'll never drive a taxi ever again. 

I'm well insured, so I'll just figure out a way to make sure the Mrs gets that. Scaffolding fall or road traffic accident.

Edited by ri Alban

16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You've never been a leader, have you Smithee?

To be fair I thought he was defending his right to be a scruffy ******* with bad teeth. 

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Just fake your death, wouldn’t mind watching a tv show about you down line. 

🤞 on your move back to Inverness. 

👍 

The wife mentioned it, now she wishes I didn't. I'm ready to go, now. She wants to make sure we get the right house. My old work up there are advertising for workers. It seems like serendipity.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍

The wife mentioned it, now she wishes I didn't. I'm ready to go, now. She wants to make sure we get the right house. My old work up there are advertising for workers. It seems like serendipity.

Don’t imagine there are many traitors up there Ri, you’ll be in heaven. 

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Don’t imagine there are many traitors up there Ri, you’ll be in heaven. 

You'll be surprised. Full of Rangers supporters. 

20 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

England papped us with its debt when we joined the union. Some Scots were well compensated. 

I agree with you, tho. 8% will be added to our bill. Hopefully before it's too late and we all go bust.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

👍

We live just outside Forres for six years, that area, Inverness along to Fochabers is lovely, one of the places we'd move back to, infact, there's an area managers job for FLS advertised I thought about applying for last week but FLS is a basket case and I don't think I'd last unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not for everybody 

A few folk were talking about burning caravans, on here earlier.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

A few folk were talking about burning caravans, on here earlier.

I might be burning mine and claiming the insurance before the end of the year :biggrin2:

They keep bumping up the prices every year and it's getting unaffordable now.

It cost me £7400 last year in site fees and bills 

23 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I might be burning mine and claiming the insurance before the end of the year :biggrin2:

Here was me thinking that was loose change for a man of your means😁

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Here was me thinking that was loose change for a man of your means😁

I wish John :biggrin2:

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

FS. That's mental. Hopefully it'll level out soon enough.

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Take your tesco carrier bag full of dollars you scored during the Truss/Kwarteng free for all last September and pay it🤷‍♂️

Nucky Thompson
16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Take your tesco carrier bag full of dollars you scored during the Truss/Kwarteng free for all last September and pay it🤷‍♂️

That's already been converted into Vietnamese Dong :wonga:

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's already been converted into Vietnamese Dong :wonga:

You'll have had to splash for a few more carrier bags at 23,000 to the USD🤔

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You'll have had to splash for a few more carrier bags at 23,000 to the USD🤔

:biggrin2:

• 3 weeks later...

O2, increasing my mobile tariff by 17.3%...of that percentage, they deemed inflation to be 13.4% + 3.9% as per the contract annual increase. Anyone got any spare lube...😥

3 minutes ago, OBE said:

O2, increasing my mobile tariff by 17.3%...of that percentage, they deemed inflation to be 13.4% + 3.9% as per the contract annual increase. Anyone got any spare lube...😥

No run out of it sorry 👍

35 minutes ago, OBE said:

That’s a shocker. The rise doesn’t happen till March when inflation could well be below 10%. Profiteering right there. 

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Same here with my EE phone and broadband contracts, 

don’t know how they get away with it 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Same here with my EE phone and broadband contracts, 

don’t know how they get away with it 

Co's the tories are in charge. 

Pathetic attempt for forgiveness...👇

"We know this isn't welcome news, but it will help cover the rising cost to power our network"

Paying their leccy bill also...:wink: