*** Hearts v St Johnstone match thread ***

lou

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Only Souttar is not even our best defender, let alone our best player. You shouldn't be allowed to watch football unsupervised.

He struggled to deal with Kane when he came on 😆

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

McKay reminds me of why old fashioned wingers were so good to watch. Easy on the ball, always looking to attack and scaring the shit out of full backs. I forgive him losing possession, not tracking back, but when you watch the second goal it makes your season ticket worth it. 

Doesn't track back... 

How long do you blink for? 

Boy tracks back all the time, works his arse off. 

WTF do folk watch? 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I called him as our best signing when we signed him. 

One of the few that knew he was a good player. 

I'm blowing my own trumpet on this. 

:jambobanana:

Fair play. I remembered him as a bit of a circus pony of a player.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He struggled to deal with Kane when he came on 😆

Kane is decent, caused more problems than the other 2 did all night. 

I thought he'd score. 

Wee Devlin. He just loves to wind people up. Baldy was on for 5 minutes and he was in his face. 🇦🇺 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👏

Children on the pitch at full time. **** was that about? Surely not trying to get player strips…. Very tourist league esq and tinpot. 

Parents should be embarrassed 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Morgan said:

You’re being too modest, R.

At least you’ve got a lovely head of hair, which many on here won’t have!

:verysmug:

Hahahahaha cheers, was looking a bit prime ministerial tonight though 😆

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doesn't track back... 

How long do you blink for? 

Boy tracks back all the time, works his arse off. 

WTF do folk watch? 

I was being a bit sarcastic about wingers in my comment. Should have made that a little more clear.🤔

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Was there a specific reason you weren’t a fan? As he has been outstanding since he joined us 

Lack of an end product. Could play great passes but no point if no one was getting into the end of them. Thought he could beat players but then do nothing significant with the ball. 
I also don’t rate GMS so theres still hope for him too lol

Pasquale for King
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Children on the pitch at full time. **** was that about? Surely not trying to get player strips…. Very tourist league esq and tinpot. 

Yeah it’s getting a bit much now, especially with COVID. Leeds have threatened to ban fans for their kids going on. 
Having said if they’d kicked Souttar I would’ve laughed 😆

8 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Have to admit I havnt been a fan of McKay but he was class tonight.

solid performance. Big 3 points with others dropping points.

Besides missing a few gilt-edged chances, what haven't you liked about his season so far?

He's been our most consistent attacking player in my opinion. A breath of fresh air in fact. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Kane is decent, caused more problems than the other 2 did all night. 

I thought he'd score. 

He’s too physical for Souttar to deal with, Halkett would've deal with him better. May and Ciftci had one chance each but CG too good for them. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Trying to kick Souttar, I hope.  😀

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Parents should be banned 

FTFY

Just now, allystrachan said:

Lack of an end product. Could play great passes but no point if no one was getting into the end of them. Thought he could beat players but then do nothing significant with the ball. 

I agree with you.  Tended to go missing when the going got tough in some games too. 

A 9 tonight though. He was superb.  We need him in that frame of mind tonight more often though.  Slipped sublime balls for the goals, danced away from players effortlessly to open the game up quite often. Great game. 

Another three points in the bag. Good stuff.

Barrie McKay was excellent tonight. What a steal it has been getting him for free. He is by some distance our best attacking/creative player. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

I was being a bit sarcastic about wingers in my comment. Should have made that a little more clear.🤔

😂😂👍

Seymour M Hersh
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:vrface:

:vrface::vrface::vrface:

:vrface::vrface:

:vrface:

Gino... 

images (27).jpeg

Such a smart little Tosh with hindsight aren't you ? I'll stick by my pre-match comment. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

I mean that isn’t an issue with McKay I’d say, more on the quality of who he is feeding. Boyce decision making is astronomically low at times so can’t blame McKay if his play to him is then broken down. GMS I agree on. At this point I’d be benching him as a good option to come on. Otherwise front three should be McKay, Boyce gino/Woodburn (new Japanese guy if he ends up here)

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Such a smart little Tosh with hindsight aren't you ? I'll stick by my pre-match comment. 

Nah you’ve been shown up again. It’s very satisfying seeing pant wetters like yourself lose the rag at a team selection. Bit of advice for next time, just relax

Good professional win, so want McKay to get that first goal.

Souttar as always at sea in the middle of a back 3, hopefully Halkett going off was precautionary.

Edited by briever

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I mean that isn’t an issue with McKay I’d say, more on the quality of who he is feeding. Boyce decision making is astronomically low at times so can’t blame McKay if his play to him is then broken down. GMS I agree on. At this point I’d be benching him as a good option to come on. Otherwise front three should be McKay, Boyce gino/Woodburn (new Japanese guy if he ends up here)

We should have kept Walker and loaned GMS. He's been really disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I agree with you.  Tended to go missing when the going got tough in some games too. 

A 9 tonight though. He was superb.  We need him in that frame of mind tonight more often though.  Slipped sublime balls for the goals, danced away from players effortlessly to open the game up quite often. Great game. 

He'd have loads more assists if we hadn't been so wasteful this season. Since the first game I was a bit blown away, he really wasn't the player I thought at all.

He's smart, technical, subtle, works hard, tracks back. When fouled he gets up and gets going again, there's zero drama from him.

He's been really unlucky with scoring and assists though, so it was very pleasing to see him make the difference tonight

15 minutes ago, Morgan said:

All jokes apart, the results tonight, and this week, could hardly have gone any better for us.

:HeartsManspotrun:

Yes. Perfect set of results.  Kent red-carded too.  Especially nice to see Dundee horsed at Livi, and TWatt make no difference at his new club.   :kirklol:

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He'd have loads more assists if we hadn't been so wasteful this season. Since the first game I was a bit blown away, he really wasn't the player I thought at all.

He's smart, technical, subtle, works hard, tracks back. When fouled he gets up and gets going again, there's zero drama from him.

He's been really unlucky with scoring and assists though, so it was very pleasing to see him make the difference tonight

Excellent summary. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agree. I think your being far to kind. I could think of other adjectives to describe his performances especially this season. How GMS stayed on the pitch for over an hour is baffling.

Edited by suds66

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

GMS is a wage thief, Gnando puts more effort into a game than him.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Some of the better looking chaps among us have been McKay fans from day one of course!

He was absolute quality tonight, a joy to watch, that run that left two of them lying on the ground, that's why football's great. Superb stuff.

Yes, And you and I have too!

Saints are f****d. Can’t remember a side coming to Tynecastle and being that pish for a long time. That being said, first half we let ourselves get dragged down to their level.

Delighted we won haven't watched the match back but listened to commentary and it sounded like it was a very good performance from us today, I do think that starting JS was a mistake though and it could have cost us but thankfully St Johnstone are shite so it didn't hopefully he is moved on over the next coming days and we can all move on from the sorry saga.

Anyway good result and puts us 8 points clear in 3rd which makes it an even better result.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, haj said:

Saints are f****d. Can’t remember a side coming to Tynecastle and being that pish for a long time. That being said, first half we let ourselves get dragged down to their level.

It’s a fair point, even teams St Midden, Dundee and Ross County were better. 

2 minutes ago, haj said:

I agree, I think that has to be the worst performance I've seen from an opposing team this season.  It looks like they are in a battle with Dundee to avoid automatic relegation.  

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Only Souttar is not even our best defender, let alone our best player. You shouldn't be allowed to watch football unsupervised.

Maybe Steve Clark shouldn’t be Scotland manager then since Souttar is the only only out of these defenders that he picks for Scotland.  Unless you’re suggesting one of the non Scots is better?  

St. Johnstone played some decent football at times. Also spent a lot of the game parking the bus.

I feel like the light will go on for that team eventually but they're running out of time.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

🤣😂😜

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, RobNox said:

I agree, I think that has to be the worst performance I've seen from an opposing team this season.  It looks like they are in a battle with Dundee to avoid automatic relegation.  

I thought Dundee and Livi were marginally worse. Still don’t know how Dundee got a point, they were never in the game. 

Was embarrassing listening to some “fans” booing a player playing for hearts 

absolutely shocking behaviour 

I started clapping every time he got the ball and then loads of people did the same thankfully 

some people need to grow up 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I thought Dundee and Livi were marginally worse. Still don’t know how Dundee got a point, they were never in the game. 

Dundee were awful, an embarrassing performance from a team hat didn’t want to play football. The draw was baffling. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, poultry said:

Anyone know the crowd tonight ?

Not them all. 

But I was with 2 chaps and bumped Into a old school mate. 

So I knew 3 of them. 

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

St. Johnstone played some decent football at times. Also spent a lot of the game parking the bus.

I feel like the light will go on for that team eventually but they're running out of time.

They can't score goals,  11 in 21 games so far.  Maybe Ciftci can help that, but they really didn't carve out many clear cut chances tonight.  Gordon only had to pull off a few routine saves, most other teams force him to make at least one worldy.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Was thinking the same. 

Livi were a bit worse imo , but Tbh just different shades of shite. 

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed. How many times has GMS been subbed off - seems like every feckin time!

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not them all. 

But I was with 2 chaps and bumped Into a old school mate. 

So I knew 3 of them. 

Pathetic! 🙄