• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Factuer Moi

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

When I played under 21s (many many moons ago now😁) we had some good refs(a couple ended up SPL ones) and some who were acting like it was a school game.

In one game, we just took kick off and it was played back to my mate who was playing centre half. He took himself wide right and was looking to play it down the wing over the top.  He shanked it out the park and said, “ffs” to himself.  

The ref booked him……barely a minute into the game.  :cornette: 

Aha!!  At amateur, we had a ref who was an undertaker by trade (like he buried folk, it wasn't Mark Callaway).

He sent me off for swearing nicely to him!  Cup game, -20c at most, 1-1 in injury time, their guy scores an offside goal which was also handball, our whole team went mental at him, our goalie actually chased the ref all the way to the halfway line! So obvious he just didn't want extra time!!!  Ref just waved them all away.

I was playing left wing so was standing next to him as we're about to take kick off.  Hadn't taken part in the chasing or anything, quietly said to him, "ref, you've ruined a good ****ing game here mate."  Off!!!!!!  I actually started grassing my own players - what aboot him!!!!!??? And him!!!!!  He went mental at ye!!!

Only ever got two reds and the next one was two weeks later, same ref!!! haha.  (totally deserved, nearly took his leg off and was last man!  Mind you, he got up and swung a punch so also got a red, job done!)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Silly me. 

Great avatar btw.  Ooooft, nnnnggg, etc.

I thought it was time for a wee change!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, dubs said:

Give them compulsory season tickets for Easter Road, that will teach them

You've taken that too far. 

13 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Sorry if already covered, but any ideas what the goal kick routines wer3 trying to accomplish? Gordon in the centre with the ball and a player on either corner of the six yard box.

I still don't understand this tactic. It's been used now for at least a year - maybe more. For me three things usually end up happening - and this applies to the likes of Citeh, Liverpool etc

1. The ball is played short, the defenders piffle about passing to each other, get closed down, pass back to the keeper who launches the ball downfield (why not just let the keeper pass the ball downfield instead?)

2. The ball is played short, the defenders get dispossessed leading to a chance on goal or rarely actually conceding a goal.

3. On a rare occasion, the ball does get passed short, but then quickly also passed up field generating an attacking play.

I saw us trying to do this at the away game v St Johnstone and all we did was put ourselves under needless pressure.

Gordon, Mckay, Ginnelly and Haring in team of the week WhoScored.com .

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12463983/scottish-premiership-celtic-and-rangers-dominate-team-of-the-week-with-motherwell-st-mirren-hearts-and-st-johnstone-also-featuring

Bruce Anderson gets ahead of Barrie Mckay in ratings.    Must have been a top performance by Anderson to beat Mckay.   

Edited by HMFC01

18 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12463983/scottish-premiership-celtic-and-rangers-dominate-team-of-the-week-with-motherwell-st-mirren-hearts-and-st-johnstone-also-featuring

Bruce Anderson gets ahead of Barrie Mckay in ratings.    Must have been a top performance by Anderson to beat Mckay.   

Anderson scored two so that would help give him a higher rating

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Aha!!  At amateur, we had a ref who was an undertaker by trade (like he buried folk, it wasn't Mark Callaway).

He sent me off for swearing nicely to him!  Cup game, -20c at most, 1-1 in injury time, their guy scores an offside goal which was also handball, our whole team went mental at him, our goalie actually chased the ref all the way to the halfway line! So obvious he just didn't want extra time!!!  Ref just waved them all away.

I was playing left wing so was standing next to him as we're about to take kick off.  Hadn't taken part in the chasing or anything, quietly said to him, "ref, you've ruined a good ****ing game here mate."  Off!!!!!!  I actually started grassing my own players - what aboot him!!!!!??? And him!!!!!  He went mental at ye!!!

Only ever got two reds and the next one was two weeks later, same ref!!! haha.  (totally deserved, nearly took his leg off and was last man!  Mind you, he got up and swung a punch so also got a red, job done!)

😁👍🏻.   What a 🐍 you are 😂

45 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Anderson scored two so that would help give him a higher rating

Ginelly scored two.   

Looking at Livingston highlights, Anderson had several shots (5 I think) on target with two goals.   A right foot shot, nutmegged the keeper, A left foot shot around the keepers right hand side.   Praised for his countless runs, and running around movement off the ball.  

BBC didn't rate him as highly it seems https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59751232. Edit. I just noticed 23 Chukwuemeka got their highest rating for playing 23 minutes onas a sub.  must be some player.  on loan from villa. 

Anyway the point of my original post was we got four players in team of the week.    The most of any club for that week.   

I was abit surprised Haring got in there.   I must have been distracted, not focused on the game.   I think it's based on the best players from each position. 

Edited by HMFC01

SomethingAboutObua
15 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

Sorry if already covered, but any ideas what the goal kick routines wer3 trying to accomplish? Gordon in the centre with the ball and a player on either corner of the six yard box.

Don't know if this got answered but the idea is you make the opposition start further down the pitch to get closer to your defenders, and then you can pass out and have your men in space. I've never seen it work for us or any team playing us bar Rangers doing it once. 

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

ahhhh that makes sense as I think it was him they ran up to 

still strange letting them do that 

Ffs 🤣

3 hours ago, dubs said:

Give them compulsory season tickets for Easter Road, that will teach them

They can simply do what the rest of their ST holders do & not go to any games

7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

strange title for the link when no Rangers players in team 

12 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

strange title for the link when no Rangers players in team 

Good point ☺.    It's actually Hearts that dominated team of the week.   No rangers players at all. 

👍