What's Scotland's worst town to live in......?

Section Q

13 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

There's some cracking garden centres in the Clyde valley and you're right it's a lot better than North Lanarkshire. 

There are indeed. That sounds like the A72 that peels off from the M74 at Larkhall and goes through Crossford before reaching Lanark. Nice countryside, a surprising amount of wealth around and completely at odds with the county's image as a whole.

The town centre of my hometown of Hamilton has been neglected for decades, hence the poor impression it makes but has a few decent residential areas.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locky

• cookieboy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Auld Reekin'

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 08/01/2022 at 12:48, A Boy Named Crow said:

I never get homesick for Scotland, not since I swapped London for Sydney, but if it ever creeps up on me, I'll be on this thread like a shot, grim reading 😂

I'm reading back through this thread after feeling a bit homesick at the turn of the year. You're right, it doesn't half sort it out 😂

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

St Andrews too but Peterhead had a bigger population. 

Good to see that Bonnyrigg is almost as populous as St Andrews and more populous than penicuik these days. You could argue that Bonnyrigg doesn’t have a station but the new Eskbank Station was located /designed to serve both Bonnyrigg and Dalkeith. 

16 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Broxburn when the Tymerets flats were still up would have rivalled any town. Such a horrid wee town. 

I used to hate the walk back through Timmeryetts on my way to Uphall every day when at Broxburn Academy.  Anyone from Uphall was a target for the ferals.

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

Having a quick look, Peterhead doesn't have a rail link.

Looking at the list what criteria does a town need to become a city. I would think the first one is population. Stirling is a city and it’s tiny, there is towns with even bigger populations than Stirling. 

I seen before Christmas Oban, Livingston, Elgin were all in the running to become a future city in 2022. 

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Looking at the list what criteria does a town need to become a city. I would think the first one is population. Stirling is a city and it’s tiny, there is towns with even bigger populations than Stirling. 

I seen before Christmas Oban, Livingston, Elgin were all in the running to become a future city in 2022. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_status_in_the_United_Kingdom

Jambo_jim2001
On 08/01/2022 at 12:48, A Boy Named Crow said:

I never get homesick for Scotland, not since I swapped London for Sydney, but if it ever creeps up on me, I'll be on this thread like a shot, grim reading 😂

Closest we get to a kangaroo is a greyhound having a shit..glad we don't have those massive fkoff you have over there🕷️

Edited by Jambo_jim2001
Put smaller spider in,,gave me the fear