What's Scotland's worst town to live in......?

Section Q

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick James

• cookieboy

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Auld Reekin'

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Methil/Buckhaven/Leven or Cowdenbeath/Lochgelly/Ballingry those are ****ing dumps full of "characters". Take those away and fife is a pretty decent place.

Harry Potter
25 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

It's a tough choice between East Kilbride, Hamilton and Motherwell...

Motherwell is no where near a bad town, have a friend that lives there.

Seymour M Hersh

Far too many places fall under that category now to name just one. Probably quicker to name the best town to live in. Certainly a smaller list. 

43 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Motherwell is no where near a bad town, have a friend that lives there.

It's a dump. I have friends that live in Pilton that's doesn't make it a nice place.

Central Scotland has it's fair share of shithole towns that are awful to live in.

Grew up in Whitburn, and had family in Armadale and Fauldhouse, terrible places.

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Harthill. The armpit of Scotland. 

Honourable mention for Shotts.

The service station is ok.

5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What was that town called where "The Scheme" was filmed? Somewhere in Kilmarnock iirc.

Two housing estates in Kilmarnock

Unknown user
3 hours ago, cheetah said:

Central Scotland has it's fair share of shithole towns that are awful to live in.

Grew up in Whitburn, and had family in Armadale and Fauldhouse, terrible places.

Yeah, Addiewell too. Shotts springs to mind.

Jeffros Furios
3 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Plains.

I know a few people from Plains and it is a cesspit of backward inbred sectarian scum .

Plenty others in North Lanarkshire but this shithole is in a different  league.

Салатные палочки

Newmilns in deepest, darkest Ayrshire. I used to go to meetings at Spark of Genius down there and it always seemed dark, even in the summer. I think I would top myself if I lived there, if the locals didn't burn me in a wickerman beforehand. 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I know a few people from Plains and it is a cesspit of backward inbred sectarian scum .

Plenty others in North Lanarkshire but this shithole is in a different  league.

Another place where I used to attend meetings. Horrible place. For some reason these residential homes for young laddies were in the shiniest of shitey shiteholes. 

Auld Reekin'

Greenock and Airdrie are toilets. Coatbridge too, I believe, although I've never been and never intend to go.

As for Saltcoats, the only good thing about it is the view of Arran.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember playing football in Blackridge. The 'fans' were absolutely mental and most had hun strips or tracksuits / shellsuits on.

I've never been back since. 

It's probably one of these places that has grown and developed but back in the 1980's it wasn't a pleasant looking place.

My mother lives there. My folks moved there 5 years ago, they had heard about the reputation of the place but my uncle used to cover that area of West Lothian when he worked for the gas board and said it is actually not that bad.

I've always found it a nice place, everyone's quite friendly and the pub is cheap. Plenty of bams though, although it's quiet where my mothers house is.

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I remember playing football in Blackridge. The 'fans' were absolutely mental and most had hun strips or tracksuits / shellsuits on.

It's probably one of these places that has grown and developed but back in the 1980's it wasn't a pleasant looking place.

It hasn't 😂😂

I do van deliveries to Nisa stores.

A few mentions of places I go to on here notably:

Newmilns, a fair few in Ayrshire/lanarkshire

Plains,

Hamilton,

Paisley,

Johnstone,

Greenock...

I'm sure there are nice places within these places but where I deliver to are utter shiteholes. 

heartandsoul
41 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Greenock and Airdrie are toilets. Coatbridge too, I believe, although I've never been and never intend to go.

As for Saltcoats, the only good thing about it is the view of Arran.

Cappielow, one of the most depressing grounds I've ever been to. 

Auld Reekin'
24 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Cappielow, one of the most depressing grounds I've ever been to. 

:icon14:

Horatio Caine
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Was always amused that when you drove through Blackridge (best thing to do) the name board for the village said "Handguns free zone".  

7 hours ago, Herbert said:

Methil/Buckhaven/Leven or Cowdenbeath/Lochgelly/Ballingry those are ****ing dumps full of "characters". Take those away and fife is a pretty decent place.

Currently chatting to a bird from Methil. She is a character.

Hawick for me. By no means an out and out shithole, but a pretty shite place to live. I lived in Burnfoot (which I think was branded the worst place in Scotland to live when we first moved there) which actually is pretty rough, but the rest of the town is actually quite nice. Depends what you deem as 'worst'.

Lived there for 4 years and actually quite liked it, but far too isolated for my liking. 50 miles from Edinburgh via A roads, and not much closer to Carlisle. Despite Hawick being bigger than Gala, and further from Edinburgh, there really is **** all in the town to see or do, and what little there is mostly closes by 6pm. Not a lot of job opportunities either unless you're in constriction, agriculture or textile either.

Probably just have a pretty blinkered view as I've lived in the big city all my life, Hawick aside, but aye, a pretty dreary existence down there.

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Currently chatting to a bird from Methil. She is a character.

Don't do it. 3 kids by 6 different guys a midden of a house questionable dentistry and a over flowing cat litter tray 100% guaranteed.

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Don't do it. 3 kids by 6 different guys a midden of a house questionable dentistry and a over flowing cat litter tray 100% guaranteed.

:D

Just now, Herbert said:

:rofl: 

To be fair, I seem to have got lucky. 2 kids to the same dad (all I seem to attract is single mothers these days), a quite nice house from the photos, her teeth look good and I don't think she's got any pets.

Maybe she's secretly got a c**k.

9 minutes ago, Locky said:

Lived there for 4 years and actually quite liked it, but far too isolated for my liking. 50 miles from Edinburgh via A roads, and not much closer to Carlisle. Despite Hawick being bigger than Gala, and further from Edinburgh, there really is **** all in the town to see or do, and what little there is mostly closes by 6pm. Not a lot of job opportunities either unless you're in constriction, agriculture or textile either.

Most of those who work in that field are snakes, imo.

16 minutes ago, Locky said:

:rofl: 

To be fair, I seem to have got lucky. 2 kids to the same dad (all I seem to attract is single mothers these days), a quite nice house from the photos, her teeth look good and I don't think she's got any pets.

Maybe she's secretly got a c**k.

:nojustno:

Jambo 4 Ever

Lanark 

in Edinburgh the likes of Niddrie, Pilton and sighthill are not pleasant and the people there are not ones you want to hang around either 

13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:nojustno:

She's got to be hiding something pretty big if she doesn't tick Herbert's boxes for a typical Methil lass!

Sincerely hope it isn't a c**k in that case. 

lost in space

Maybe Raploch in Stirling. Had to go there once - oh dear.

Did they not beat up a paediatrician there cos they thought he was a paedophile. Big "Mags" being the ring leader.

Also maybe Cowdenbeath - had to stop the car while driving along main street as a "family" just walked across the road. All good banjo players.

Malinga the Swinga

Dundee or Glasgow. The former inhabited by spaced out junkies and the latter inhabited by folk who think they are funny and liked throughout world, whereas in reality, none can stand them.

William H. Bonney
49 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Lanark 

in Edinburgh the likes of Niddrie, Pilton and sighthill are not pleasant and the people there are not ones you want to hang around either 

Must be me but I always thought Lanark would be a Nice place to live and raise a family. 

John Findlay
53 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Lanark 

Do you visit Niddrie, Pilton and Sighthill often? 

I think you will pleasantly be surprised when you do, especially Pilton.

Not surprisingly most of the true shiteholes are in Lanarkshire. I remember working for a week in Coatbridge in the 80’s and that was an eye opener. At the end of the first day we checked into our hotel and asked the person at the front desk if there was anywhere decent to grab some food. Amazingly there wasn’t a single place to eat out in the town. We ended up driving into Glasgow every night instead. Larkhall is a pit as well, everything you expect it to be. 
Moving further north Alness is a dump as well, full of people who moved north for rig work and then stayed when the work dried up.