Twitter Gems

Konrad von Carstein

7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well either was the bairn was saved 

Not either way.  Thanks to the guy who smashed the window.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• periodictabledancer

• Konrad von Carstein

• escobri

periodictabledancer
On 06/07/2023 at 14:21, Ulysses said:

The terrible dangers of bilingual road signs in Wales. 

Bloody Welsh. Is it Cymru or Gymru ?

That thing you do
On 03/07/2023 at 17:51, periodictabledancer said:

I went over to France for a few days with my lad (I'd just retried) , did some fan parks and generally went on a total bender. Met up with some Iceland fans after that game and got completely hammered. Met some more in Paris later and got smashed again. Unreal. Best week of my life. 

Did the same at Germany 2006 (Mexicans though in my case) Id just accepted a job in Berlin and they flew me over for orientation and to pick a place to live (since I was moving from Mexico at the time). Best timing ever, watched the final in the fan mile and found a cracking apartment as well. Was there 3 years and honestly if the chance ever arose Id go back tomorrow. Love it there!

periodictabledancer
21 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Did the same at Germany 2006 (Mexicans though in my case) Id just accepted a job in Berlin and they flew me over for orientation and to pick a place to live (since I was moving from Mexico at the time). Best timing ever, watched the final in the fan mile and found a cracking apartment as well. Was there 3 years and honestly if the chance ever arose Id go back tomorrow. Love it there!

At the fan park in Paris 2016 we met up with some Austrian fans (one was a A Vienna fan who recognised my lads Hearts shirt :lol: - he's  still ragin' about the offisde goal ) and some Norns )one was a Belfast Hearts lad who was wearing his Hearts shirt , not the national shirt . Getting on for 100 thousand fans that day , all nationalities. Incredible party atmosphere.

I've told the missus I'm going to Germany next year whether Scotland get there or not, tickets or not.

That thing you do
7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

At the fan park in Paris 2016 we met up with some Austrian fans (one was a A Vienna fan who recognised my lads Hearts shirt :lol: - he's  still ragin' about the offisde goal ) and some Norns )one was a Belfast Hearts lad who was wearing his Hearts shirt , not the national shirt . Getting on for 100 thousand fans that day , all nationalities. Incredible party atmosphere.

I've told the missus I'm going to Germany next year whether Scotland get there or not, tickets or not.

As am I on the basis.

Funny but I have an austria themed story as well. I was inter railing around europe (long time ago) and arrived in Vienna the day after Scotland had played there. There were arses covered in tartan in a fair few place around the station and then this one guy who came up to us in a Leiderhosen. He promptly introduced himself as Gavin from Edinburgh and a Jambo and proudly proclaimed he swapped his Kilt for the Leiderhosen. At that point he was sobering up from the night before and just shouted "Oh fur ****s sake" and Im like whats wrong??

He then said "the kilt was hired". 🤣

Edited by That thing you do

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

As am I on the basis.

Funny but I have an austria themed story as well. I was inter railing around europe (long time ago) and arrived in Vienna the day after Scotland had played there. There were arses covered in tartan in a fair few place around the station and then this one guy who came up to us in a Leiderhosen. He promptly introduced himself as Gavin from Edinburgh and a Jambo and proudly proclaimed he swapped his Kilt for the Leiderhosen. At that point he was sobering up from the night before and just shouted "Oh fur ****s sake" and Im like whats wrong??

He then said "the kilt was hired". 🤣

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

17 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Either, depending on the circumstances.  When you put the preposition "i" before a word beginning with C, it is softened or eclipsed to a G sound.  A lot of placenames starting with P get softened to B as well.  

The Irish language has similar rules.  I'd be familiar with all of those, but I only know one or two of the Welsh ones.  It also doesn't help English speakers that Welsh words are spelt using the same alphabet, but the pronunciation of letters isn't the same.

Anyway, we digress.... :laugh: 

That thing you do
17 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

UN peacekeepers on the job.:lol:

More of that goes on than we think. I have a friend who worked as a translator for a chinese political delegation and had a high ranking diplomat ask her point blank to give him a good time.  Alot of high ranking men get away with it as women seem drawn to the power they have in their role and cash obviously.

My friend (shes chinese) actually said she considered it and felt it would help her career to seal the deal.

She says she didnt but two years later she led a project to construct a bridge in the solomon islands and from there became attached to the Chinese Embassy in Ottawa, so certainly got promoted!

On 25/07/2023 at 08:16, periodictabledancer said:

Depends on case. Like in English you could have Scot, Scots, Scot's or Scots'.

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Brings back lots of childhood memories, Dick Emery, Benny Hill et al :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Brings back lots of childhood memories, Dick Emery, Benny Hill et al :lol:

Yes same here . Loved them 👍

periodictabledancer

Stay classy Russia !

Some of the stuff of Russian holidaymakers on Twitter is crazy , this is no exception. Like Weegies on crack. Violence everywhere. 

periodictabledancer
16 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Reminds me of the Twitter clip where a pist up female  leaves the  kebab shop and tucks into the polystyrene container. :lol:

I P Knightley
On 25/07/2023 at 20:40, periodictabledancer said:

UN peacekeepers on the job.:lol:

Boaby on Board sticker in the back window?

jack D and coke

Wasn’t sure where to post this but sometimes I love the Scottish attitude and mindset so much :lol: 

Edited by jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy

This is a really interesting twitter account,. What an amazing story. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This is a really interesting twitter account,. What an amazing story. 

* Spoiler* On the 12th she got ate by a puma😳

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

* Spoiler* On the 12th she got ate by a puma😳

😂😂

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:rofl:

Brought me in mind of my uncle telling me about when he was in the Marines. At night, while on exercise in Belize, he went away from the camp for a shite. Someone followed him and stuck a shovel under him as he squatted. Before he had a chance to wipe himself, they slapped the shovel up.

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I thought the guy at 18 seconds only had one shoe on

Never noticed that until you mentioned it!

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Unfortunately, I have to cater for dairy intolerant people from time to time. If I were making mashed spuds for myself, there'd be butter and some cream in there, but, for my wider audience, I find non-dairy substitutes. So, being boring, there's a justification for plant based potatoes compared to proper potatoes.

I've tried the argument that butter comes from cows; cows eat grass; so butter is simply processed grass and therefore, along with steaks, is completely vegetarian.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Unfortunately, I have to cater for dairy intolerant people from time to time. If I were making mashed spuds for myself, there'd be butter and some cream in there, but, for my wider audience, I find non-dairy substitutes. So, being boring, there's a justification for plant based potatoes compared to proper potatoes.

I've tried the argument that butter comes from cows; cows eat grass; so butter is simply processed grass and therefore, along with steaks, is completely vegetarian.

Fair enough : label it "vegan" or "dairy free" but "plant based" ? :lol:

Who the **** buys ready made mashed tatties? How difficult can in be to put a tattie in a pot with water, boil it and ****in mash it? That's got to be a wind up?

16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Who the **** buys ready made mashed tatties? How difficult can in be to put a tattie in a pot with water, boil it and ****in mash it? That's got to be a wind up?

I mash my own but I'm assuming it's the time saving part as opposed to the difficulty part. 

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I mash my own but I'm assuming it's the time saving part as opposed to the difficulty part. 

How can folk go in about cleaning up the environment, using less packaging, food miles, energy, plastics and then buy a tattie mashed in a plastic pack? Christ on a hairy bike😳

periodictabledancer
49 minutes ago, Norm said:

I just bought a tattie ricer from Ikea. Total game changer. 

Until then, we always bought ready made stuff. 

7 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

That's funny but I was disappointed it wasn't the actual relative putting him in his place.

As an aside my twitter app finally updated to X this morning.

Looks and sounds sh1te. Musk is an arse and a nasty one at that.

(this isn't a gem)

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

People who maybe can’t Peel potatoes due to health conditions ? Arthritis ? 

8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Exactly. I find it absolutely mental that folk actually buy jam instead of making their own. 

And don't get me started on butter.