Nathaniel Atkinson - Aussie RB signs 3.5yr deal

Tom Hardy’s Dug

jamboinglasgow

Good to see him announced. From all reports does seem a really promising player and highly regarded in Australia. 

Its great to see us being proactive and at least getting 1 signing completed before January window opens. Wonder if we have any similar deals close to completion?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• JimmyCant

• Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good to see him announced. From all reports does seem a really promising player and highly regarded in Australia. 

Its great to see us being proactive and at least getting 1 signing completed before January window opens. Wonder if we have any similar deals close to completion?

Hopefully a decent striker next on the list.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Looks like a great signing.

Very dynamic player.

I'd love to know how much the undisclosed fee is.

Maybe £200k or something maybe?

I've worked it out to be around 75-80k possibly.    Could be anything though. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

JamboAl. It’s been suggested we should get a room together. Can you name a room that is good enough for us that we could afford. Also needs to be a room that would want to have us as guests of course. 😆

It's worth a try.  We could "push the boat out" and maybe get something like the Carlton and if you could arrange for a couple of beautiful youngish blonde females to attend then we could have a party - or a get together, as Boris would say.😀

13 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Again, I see it completely differently. For instance against Rangers their left back turned centre back Bassey had Boyce in his back pocket. Stood off him until a ball was played and toe poked it away almost every time. I also don’t think he’s great with his back to goal either and I really don’t see many headers one when Gordon hoofs it. But as I say, that’s not his game or why we signed him and to be honest if he genuinely had those attributes as well as his goal stats he’d be playing a higher level than he has in his career.

Completely disagree, thought Bassey really struggled with Boyce 

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Mate, I watch non league football, the MLS, Bundesliga 2, Brazilian Serie A, I really don't care if it is shite football or not. 

Aye, Joe King Sydney FC, LWB. 👍

Leveins big mistake right there, not having you as his veto on signings... You must know every crap footballer in the World!

Seems a promising signing and exactly what we need - an attacking right wing back. We've got into good positions down that side this season but blown it because Smith doesn't have that side to his game. 

Wonder if this will be the end for Smith, or if we'll keep him as back up or when we need to be more defensive? He deserves another contract due to his consistency over the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Seems a promising signing and exactly what we need - an attacking right wing back. We've got into good positions down that side this season but blown it because Smith doesn't have that side to his game. 

Wonder if this will be the end for Smith, or if we'll keep him as back up or when we need to be more defensive? He deserves another contract due to his consistency over the last few years. 

He'll probably move inside of Souttar and/or Halkett leave.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah was too lazy to correct that but in retrospect it does give a hole different meaning to what I wrote...

Another Freudian slip?? 😁

image.png

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Disagree that he should be given a new contract due to his service to the club. Only if he still offers something to the side should he be given a new contract.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah was too lazy to correct that but in retrospect it does give a hole different meaning to what I wrote...

11 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He'll probably move inside of Souttar and/or Halkett leave.

🤣🤣😂

16 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Already has a 12 month extension option on current deal if he plays enough games this season. He must either have played the required number or be very close so I’d think he will be here next season unless someone offers him a two year deal come summer. Unlikely I’d think. 

I can’t be arsed reading the whole thread but any word on what this was? 
In November 2019 he was one of four players suspended by the Australia U23 due to "unprofessional conduct".

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In November 2019 he was one of four players suspended by the Australia U23 due to "unprofessional conduct".

Edited by scott herbertson

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/olyroos-quartet-cop-heavy-bans-for-unprofessional-conduct-in-cambodia-20191119-p53c3r.html

Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Three and a half years, at last the length of deal which gives us some financial clout in negotiations if he lives up to expectations.

If he's shite, watch folk complain. 

It makes me so happy that Joe Savage is at the club. It adds an air of competence and reassurance to recruitment. 

Like we're not just throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks anymore.

Can't wait to see how he gets on. Could totally change the dynamic of our play in having a right back we can rely on to get forward and contribute to attacks. 

Can't help but think we're on the cusp of one of the best squads we've seen in years. A commanding CB and maybe a Milinkovic style winger and we're golden IMO.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even if he's good, watch folk complain. It's JKB, folk complain.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Leveins big mistake right there, not having you as his veto on signings... You must know every crap footballer in the World!

You're not even making sense. Must try harder. 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You would bother if you had a clue what you were slavring about.  It's quite amazing how you are unable to say clearly what you mean when you spout well worn phrases..

It is definite that you haven't it figured out Cruyffy.

I know exactly what I was suggesting, e.g. try and sign a really good striker but as per usual as many on here would agree, you jump in with your own assumption and conclusions looking to pick a fight. 

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he’s shite, why wouldn’t we complain? 

58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You're not even making sense. Must try harder. 

It makes sense, but you seem to be determined to take offence over it...which is why it won't make sense to you! 

The Grim Reaper
12 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Because everything is amazing and couldn’t be improved no matter what. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Three and a half years, at last the length of deal which gives us some financial clout in negotiations if he lives up to expectations.

We'll need to cash in on Loic Damour soon 🤣

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It makes sense, but you seem to be determined to take offence over it...which is why it won't make sense to you! 

Maybe it's because you have the wrong end of the stick. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Because a shree and a half year deal is great. 

joondalupjambo

Three and half years allows him to shine for us, hopefully and then still let the club be able to punt him for big cash if he turns out to be the business.  We need to have the smarts now with our signings.

Edited by joondalupjambo

3 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Three and half years allows him to shine for us, hopefully and then still let the club be able to punt him for big cash if he turns out to be the business.  We need to have the smarts now with our signings.

Three and a half years also allows him to sit around being a massive wage thief   If things don’t pan out. But hey. We have seen that so many times before it is old hat. Hopefully he does live up to his Youtube clips though. 👍