Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• JimmyCant

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Looks just what we are looking for.

Him on one flank and Cochrane on the other could be quite exciting 

Cochrane is finding it tough to get a game these days though. 

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Cochrane is finding it tough to get a game these days though. 

Think it's a mixture of the fixtures and resting him.

The next two games would have been ideal for him tbh, hopefully they'll still go ahead 

Edited by ramrod

53 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Why ?? a tad trivial is it not 

especially as it's functional due to the heat

Edited by Gav M

55 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have the Melbourne Victoria v Melbourne City game recorded. 

Atkinson selected for his first game of the season. The commentator mentioned his goal in the Grand Finale last season. 

Only seen the warm up so far and he looks good.....

That was a great game 

Last 10 minutes was brilliant 🙂

Looks excellent. Must say that these days I’m pretty relaxed about signings as Savage and the team have pretty much got everything spot on. Absolute trust in these guys.  

Looking forward to seeing the Tasmanian Devlin soon👍

1 hour ago, db211833 said:

Looks a good one. Can't stand the Aussie obsession with the sleeveless shirts though. 

He will probably get out of that habit after his first game!!!

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Aye but how will he be on a cold rainy November night in Dingwall?  

::troll::

probably wear long sleeves rather than a singlet

Looks a prospect, if he has the same attitude as Cammy we'll be OK. Actually did we ever have an Aussie than didn't give 100%?

I like Smith but he's not suited to the RWB role so this was one of our key areas to strengthen in. Sounds like a promising signing.

Just need a good striker now and maybe an attacking mid, if we're being greedy! 

17 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I like Smith but he's not suited to the RWB role so this was one of our key areas to strengthen in. Sounds like a promising signing.

Need 1 striker at a minimum 

16 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We just need a good striker as we have a attacking md in McEneff lol.

I would rate him higher than Devlin ability wise. Excellent technique and great motor but has had a couple of off field issues.  The other one to look at is Connor Metcalf at Melbourne City as well. Managed by Paddy Kisnorbo so maybe a link there. 

Has more ability than Devlin. Great talent but has had a couple of off field issues. Should be looking at Conner Metcalf as well. From Melbourne City as well. Managed by Paddy Kisnorbo so maybe a link there. Saw a great raw talent on Sunday playing up front for Newcastle Jets. Devlins last club.  Valentine Yuil .  Sudanese  Electric pace. Great project signing. Would get him for peanuts probably 

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Not read all the posts     but what's the point of rearing the likes of cammy Logan through the acamedy then sign from outside 

3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Not read all the posts     but what's the point of rearing the likes of cammy Logan through the acamedy then sign from outside 

Cammy Logan understudy to this guy, Smith on the bench for our back three where he actually belongs

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

What is the point of playing a player who is weaker than one you can afford 

We needed a player at this position. At the age of 22 he still has potential and room to grow as a player. I like that we are signing players with that kind of profile. I'm excited to see what he is like.

14 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

How much have we invested in Logan.    Personally think the academy is a waste

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Are you saying we shouldn't sign better players? 

3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

How much have we invested in Logan.    Personally think the academy is a waste

Just because he isn’t ready to play for a Top 3 club today doesn’t mean it’s been a waste of money.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Are you saying we shouldn't sign better players? 

No om saying what's the point in investing in the academy.   Who says he is better

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Just because he isn’t ready to play for a Top 3 club today doesn’t mean it’s been a waste of money.

Last season championship

6 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Where can I find this podcast?

23ish mins into Scarves around the funnel Podcast 

Interviewer- Can you persuade Nathaniel Atkinson, the right back at Melbourne City who was in the Olympic squad with you, not to sign a new deal there and to leave at the end of his contract next summer and to join you at Hearts 

Devlin - Natty Akka! I am telling you if he got the opportunity he would. He is a class player as well. He is a year younger than me I think and he has done so well in the A league and the Olympics. Unfortunately we are in different contract situations. I am sure something would have Happened for him. (chat about other players)

And obviously Natty Akka is an upcoming right back, who I don't have a bad word to say about. He's such a good player

Savage does it again! Our signings have been superb so far under Joe, Tipped off by Cammy albeit but that really looks to be another coup for us tbh.

jamboinglasgow

Certainly an interesting one, and from the sounds of it a great signing. Devlin will be getting him settled and up to speed when he arrives.

Though he certainly have had plenty of team mates who have had experience in Scottish football, especially Ben Garuccio. But also has Jamie Maclaren as a teammate as well as Curtis Good who had a loan spell at Dundee United. Jack Hendry of Celtic. And obvious Kisnorbo as his manager.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

No om saying what's the point in investing in the academy.   Who says he is better

Dunno, you tell us. 

Why does any club that buys players have an academy? Enlighten us. 

Our manager, coach, dof and scouts must do. 🤷‍♂️

Super player.

Not just at right back but across the midfield

Excelled in the recent Olympics playing against players from the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

will go for millions in a couple of seasons.

scott herbertson
31 minutes ago, maroonedinoz said:

Super player.

Not just at right back but across the midfield

Excelled in the recent Olympics playing against players from the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

will go for millions in a couple of seasons.

Yikes

Early doors but it has the sound of another Savage masterpiece.

I think Smith will continue to get game time at RCH after Souttar leaves, where he will be fine.

Looks like an enjoy him while we have him signing.  Exactly the type we should be making so great move by the club.

The new SATF podcast details more on him. Ryan McGowan was the one who spoke to him told him to sign. Recommended him to the club too

9 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Spot on, best XI every time. If they come from our academy, that's brilliant, but if not, so be it. I want to see the strongest Hearts team being successful, regardless of where the players originate.

This sounds like a really good signing.  Not just cover for Smith but someone who can come in and grab the position in the way Devlin has.  Also the current cover for Smith is Moore who is a good player but not a RB and Jamie Brandon who has had a career of injuries so far and even when fit  splits the fans opinion on him.  Now empty Gnand and bring in a good replacement up front and this would make a very good transfer window.

• cosanostra changed the title to Nathaniel Atkinson - Aussie RB signs 3.5yr deal