• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• JimmyCant

• GinRummy

August Landmesser

A right-sided version of Alex Cochrane, maybe slightly more attack-minded. Sounds just the ticket!

Smith gradually dropping into a squad-player role I guess. Decent option to have off the bench

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed a deal with him according to the Express.

Is this the RB Cammy effectively urged us to sign as a top talent?

I think you are correct!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hopefully wing back improvement. Has played as winger.

Which was the next evolution of our formation we needed for it to become more effective.

Our wing backs becoming as much wing rather than just back.

Shouldnt be a problem with the permit from what I can see.

Plenty positive noise about this guy. Vaguely remember Mark Donaldson telling Cammy to go and sign him too?

To temper expectations though looks like he has played mostly from the bench in their short season so far and seemed to have a few hamstring issues last season.

Looks promising and in an area we had to strengthen.  Hopefully brings good pace, attacking intent and good deliveries from out wide.  Good age too.    Great to see an early signing and hopefully we will see at least one striker join us, hopefully two as big Gnando seems certain to be moving on, which is no bad thing.

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Plenty positive noise about this guy. Vaguely remember Mark Donaldson telling Cammy to go and sign him too?

To temper expectations though looks like he has played mostly from the bench in their short season so far and seemed to have a few hamstring issues last season.

You can't stop my excitement. An absolutely cracking signing, he is in the league of excellence as a player 

16 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I remember him saying that on the podcast too!!  Very excited about this if true!!

Never heard of him but encouraging comments across the board from those that have it seems. 

If he plays half as good and takes to the club as well as Cammy does then we are onto a winner.

Will also be a positive thing for Devlin having someone he knows well come over.

Reminded me of Ben Garuccio. 

Quite liked Ben. Seems to only have played a handful of games since leaving us. His injury mustve been a really bad one?

Hope this guy is class like Cammy. Same attitude as well please!

That-Day-In-May

This looks to be some signing. 22 year old, energetic wing back. Market value of £810k on Transfermarkt, would be interesting to hear how much we have payed for him. Great start to the window!!

15 minutes ago, That-Day-In-May said:

This looks to be some signing. 22 year old, energetic wing back. Market value of £810k on Transfermarkt, would be interesting to hear how much we have payed for him. Great start to the window!!

Exciting signing this! 

I know it's not the most accurate gauge of a player but he's dynamite in Fifa 😂 Got him in my current Hearts team and 2 seasons in he's 78 rated. 

I mentioned him to my Australian fitba contact a couple of months ago and his response at the time was that NA was heading for bigger things than the SPFL. So if it happens, I will be delighted. 

It was Mark Donaldson who brought him up on SATF, Devlin said he would be a great signing. 

Donkey is close pals with mad Bob so may have been a hint 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

It was Mark Donaldson who brought him up on SATF, Devlin said he would be a great signing. 

Donkey is close pals with mad Bob so may have been a hint 

Thats interesting as to be fair to Donkey he has been pretty critical of Bob on that podcast at various times over the past 18 months. Equally, as he says, they’ve had him on a couple of times and he has done it as a favour so they can’t go around shooting his face off if they want to maintain decent relations with the club.

So a decent balance. IMO.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hopefully a 3.5 deal not a 2.5 deal.

Might take half a season to properly bed in and get up to speed.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

All roads lead to Gorgie

I just feel if we get the quality right and this signing sounds good, then we can turn a good season into a great season with a goalscorer a further priority. 

It seems it was him or the Canadian/French lad.  

I don't know a lot about him but I know he's highly rated. I'd he has the same attitude as Cammy, he will do well here. Also good for Cammy to have a familiar face. 

We've desperately needed a RWB. Smith is still an important player to have as he can teach the boy the ropes. A bit like when we had Neil Pointon and Gary Naysmith.

Sounds a very wise move.

Excellent that we seem to be finally getting the Heart of Midlothian we deserve: ambition, quality young signings..., the next few years could be one heck of a ride.

13 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Looks a good one. Can't stand the Aussie obsession with the sleeveless shirts though. 

Why ?? a tad trivial is it not 

****ing love the Aussie market. All great athletes with first class attitudes. Krisnorbo, Gowser, Dylan McGowan, Bozanic, even Garuccio. All extremely hard working players that hate the hibs. 

Excited about this one. Hopefully is every bit the wind up merchant Devlin is! :) 

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I have the Melbourne Victoria v Melbourne City game recorded. 

Atkinson selected for his first game of the season. The commentator mentioned his goal in the Grand Finale last season. 

Only seen the warm up so far and he looks good.....

Post match interview

Spoiler

Take stock as we close out 2021. 

How long has it been since we had a transfer market strategy that was aligned with the clubs budget constraint and performance needs, and clearly moves the first team forward. 

Craig Levein made an arse of it. As did many others. Now, the tanker has turned. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I've got a gut feeling he's gonna be great. From those clips he's always looking for the overlap, on either side, whilst carrying the ball forward.

I like.

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

it’s getting a lot easier lately to get giddy about signings, I’m getting on this giddy bus, love it

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.     👏🏻

If we should have learned just one thing over the years it is to not judge a player based on youtube videos. Lets wait to see him in the flesh before making a mess in our underwear please😂

Leveins Battalion

George Brown would of crunched the numbers on Atkinson,I'd imagine we have heat maps,tackles per game,what he eats for breakfast etc etc 😂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 minutes ago, Canscot said:

If we should have learned just one thing over the years it is to not judge a player based on youtube videos. Lets wait to see him in the flesh before making a mess in our underwear please😂

Too late

• cosanostra changed the title to Nathaniel Atkinson - Aussie RB signs 3.5yr deal