Nathaniel Atkinson - Aussie RB signs 3.5yr deal

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I wonder if there is any Australian forwards we may be after Devlin being a success and this new RB on his way. 

Just not Martin Boyle 😂 - According to Wiki what can be made up sometimes but that Jamie MacLaren who played for Hibs has played 65 games and scored 55 goals 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• JimmyCant

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I wonder if there is any Australian forwards we may be after Devlin being a success and this new RB on his way. 

Just not Martin Boyle 😂

Would take Boyle. That would be the end for some hibs fans. Worth it for the banter alone. 

16 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

Why ?? a tad trivial is it not 

Sorry Drew, I'll make sure I run things by you next time to keep me focused on the important stuff. 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

This lad is the real deal. Watched the Melbourne Derby and take it from me he will be a great signing. 

Pace, ability and he can cross the ball. 

So what's the catch?  What's his hair like?

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

This lad is the real deal. Watched the Melbourne Derby and take it from me he will be a great signing. 

Pace, ability and he can cross the ball. 

Do Melbourne play with wing backs or a back 4?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Do Melbourne play with wing backs or a back 4?

Rumour has it they don't have a formation.  10 of them just have a natter at the side and Natty Acka does the rest.

PS, he sounds a bit like a Paddy Power promotion.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Rumour has it they don't have a formation.  10 of them just have a natter at the side and Natty Acka does the rest.

PS, he sounds a bit like a Paddy Power promotion.

😂 at the paddy power thing. It really does. 

48 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I want us to sign a youngster who has averaged two goals a game for the last three seasons and who hates Hibs.

Haaland hates Hibs

31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Strange system. He started on the right of an initial back three that became a back four. Got forward a lot and for the second goal he was involved from the inside left channel.

MacLaren still banging them in. An excellent finisher who we should have had.

Cheers 👍

Always thought MacLaren was decent. 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

He still is. He wanted to come but wasn't made welcome when he was here so Hibs stepped in.

I heard a bit about it at the time. Chance missed for us. 

5 hours ago, db211833 said:

Sorry Drew, I'll make sure I run things by you next time to keep me focused on the important stuff. 

Please do i cant barley contain my excitement at the thought

Ok he's in the bag. Now we MUST identify a proven goalscorer and get him on board. I recently asked what our budget should be for a player with that in his locker. Was expecting some interesting responses - got none - must be my deodorant.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Ok he's in the bag. Now we MUST identify a proven goalscorer and get him on board. I recently asked what our budget should be for a player with that in his locker. Was expecting some interesting responses - got none - must be my deodorant.

images (23).jpeg

Absolute Scenes

Apart from Jamie Mac in OZ are there any other strikers folk know about about, with good scoring records (would say about 1 in 3 at least) who would be realistic for us to go for? Seems the Australian market is one I’d like us to continue to look at

20 hours ago, Smithee said:

Didn't realise Kisnorbo's his manager over there

16 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

I notice that Paddy Kisnorbo is his manager at Melbourne City.

Yeah yeah, after reading my post no doubt!

Honestly, the yuletide nick

What a signing if true. Still not seen anything from Hearts yet. 

Hes played pro most his football life. 17 I think he started Very calm on the ball and skill full. Plus he loves to score goals as well. His goal won Melb City the Cup if memory serves? Yes he will fit straight in. Great signing, but waiting for the scarf above the head first. Us Aussie Hearts are loving these homegrown players coming to our team. . 

Hopefully it’s all true. giphy-downsized-large.gif

Guest ToqueJambo

Will this mean we officially have an "Aussie contingent"? Or do we need one or two more for it to be classified as a contingent?

Edited by ToqueJambo

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Will this mean we officially have an "Aussie contingent"? Or do we need one or two more for it to be classified as a contingent?

Pretty sure the collective noun for Aussies is "a prison ship"

5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

He still is. He wanted to come but wasn't made welcome when he was here so Hibs stepped in.

Another Levein masterstroke?

6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

What happened ? 

Where is he playing now ? 

Sorry for the Hamilton style of questions but my curiosity is killing me 😏

3 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

What a signing if true. Still not seen anything from Hearts yet. 

Hes played pro most his football life. 17 I think he started Very calm on the ball and skill full. Plus he loves to score goals as well. His goal won Melb City the Cup if memory serves? Yes he will fit straight in. Great signing, but waiting for the scarf above the head first. Us Aussie Hearts are loving these homegrown players coming to our team. . 

Hopefully it’s all true. giphy-downsized-large.gif

Neilson was asked about him in a press conference (posted on Hearts Facebook) and although he didn't specifically confirm it he made it clear that we're working on it.

He mentioned respecting other clubs etc but said we're looking to get players in early in the window and it was pretty clear he was still talking about NA.

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He is a teammate of Atkinson at Melbourne City.

Isn't he the guy hibs signed for a year but let him go half way through because he was shit?

InternationalJambo

The team is starting to take shape now, there is quality in every area of the pitch. A good quality striker and back up goal keeper is all we need until the end of the season and then invest & strengthen again in summer.

Edited by InternationalJambo

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Neilson was asked about him in a press conference (posted on Hearts Facebook) and although he didn't specifically confirm it he made it clear that we're working on it.

He mentioned respecting other clubs etc but said we're looking to get players in early in the window and it was pretty clear he was still talking about NA.

Does sound like a forgone conclusion but you never know. 

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Yeah yeah, after reading my post no doubt!

Honestly, the yuletide nick

It wouldn't have been you as I have you on ignore.  If you must know, I was reading the wiki page for Melbourne City.

4 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

It wouldn't have been you as I have you on ignore.  If you must know, I was reading the wiki page for Melbourne City.

Yet you know what I posted when no one quoted me 🤔 

Apologies, I didn't know you were a humour vacuum.

7 minutes ago, CMc said:

Looks like it was a loan. 

Yeah that's right, didn't he sign on loan, score loads then sign on loan again and do nothing?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Yeah that's right, didn't he sign on loan, score loads then sign on loan again and do nothing?

8 in 15 first loan then 1 in 15 for second. However being crap at hibs does not mean a poor player

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

8 in 15 first loan then 1 in 15 for second. However being crap at hibs does not mean a poor player

Well that is true

1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

Jamie McLaren

Was top scorer in the A league last season in a good Melbourne City side managed by Patrick Kisnorbo that won the league, and also plays for the Socceroos. 

Edited by Firefox

12 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Was top scorer in the A league last season in a good Melbourne City side managed by Patrick Kisnorbo that won the league, and also plays for the Socceroos. 

I don't think Cammy or Natty Akka have had full caps yet, they were both in the Olympic squad which I think is U23.

The Aussie national team's starting to look like a pretty decent level.

8 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

McClaren was absolutely shite at Hibs 🤣🤣

Being shite in a shite team does not make you a shite player.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

I do remember him leaving as he was shit, but I also remember being gutted we let him get away for a while.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I do remember him leaving as he was shit, but I also remember being gutted we let him get away for a while.

Exactly.  He has been banging them in in Australia and for their National team.  Plus he holds a British passport so no visa required.

10 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

We've went from Savage looking for gems to talking about an ex hibs dud. Bad enough resigning players that failed at Hearts! 

2 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

We've went from Savage looking for gems to talking about an ex hibs dud. Bad enough resigning players that failed at Hearts! 

Have you seen his scoring stats since leaving the shite?!?!

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Tbf I haven't, but not exactly excited about a guy that has already failed in Scotland only a few seasons ago (especially ex hibs). If we sign him then I'll support him, but was hoping we'd be looking at better. Highly doubt he's an improvement on Boyce, which is what we need. 

3 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Can’t remember the story with him and Hearts but I think we pissed him off or he pissed us off so I doubt there would be any interest in him coming

• cosanostra changed the title to Nathaniel Atkinson - Aussie RB signs 3.5yr deal