• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• JimmyCant

• Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Watch it all the time on BT sports. 

Great stuff, so you’re happy enough watching a dug shite league. Any non dug shite players we should be looking at or have we signed the best 2 already ?

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Great stuff, so you’re happy enough watching a dug shite league. Any non dug shite players we should be looking at or have we signed the best 2 already ?

Mate, I watch non league football, the MLS, Bundesliga 2, Brazilian Serie A, I really don't care if it is shite football or not. 

Aye, Joe King Sydney FC, LWB. 👍

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

See, things like this are funny to me. The striker you describe in that post is not what I see at all. Would be interesting to see the miles covered stats though. I personally think he’s weak running into channels and hold up play. And his work outside the box has some left to be desired. But in the box he’s pretty good with a shot (would like better, mind) and that’s the main thing for a striker. I tend to see him isolated more than anything, so odd you see it the opposite. Funny that.

Yeah, he’s described more of a Washington or Stephen Elliot type. I’d imagine they both did 1.5x the running of Boyce.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He is isolated. More so last season than this. I don’t know if I see the opposite from you but certainly view it differently.  He drops into the midfield looking for the ball and does a lot more defensive work than most CF’s. It would be interesting to see how much distance he covers in a match. I’m sure our resident statto’s could get some numbers up.

He definitely needs someone up there with him. He’s more of an attacking midfielder, and we need an all out striker up with him to be most effective I’d say. 

12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Mate, I watch non league football, the MLS, Bundesliga 2, Brazilian Serie A, I really don't care if it is shite football or not. 

Aye, Joe King Sydney FC, LWB. 👍

Great name !!  Would quickly become Yougottabe Joe King if he was dug shite. Mind you, Joe isn’t his name anyway

Edited by JimmyCant

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You and JamboAl should get a room together. The two most pedantic arseholes on here. 

Come with us and we can all be arseholes together. You seem to qualify 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

You and JamboAl should get a room together. The two most pedantic arseholes on here. 

Apart from your abusive comment, you are not supposed to mention someone who has not posted on the topic. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Apart from your abusive comment, you are not supposed to mention someone who has not posted on the topic. 

Wowzers. You're also not meant to troll other members, something you in particular seem to excel at.

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

See, things like this are funny to me. The striker you describe in that post is not what I see at all. Would be interesting to see the miles covered stats though. I personally think he’s weak running into channels and hold up play. And his work outside the box has some left to be desired. But in the box he’s pretty good with a shot (would like better, mind) and that’s the main thing for a striker. I tend to see him isolated more than anything, so odd you see it the opposite. Funny that.

Boyce hold up play is very good imo, he's often isolated and playing against two Ch's, wins a fair share of headers and chests it down often while holding off players. 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Wowzers. You're also not meant to troll other members, something you in particular seem to excel at.

I wasn't trolling you.  I merely asked you to elaborate on your phrase "we should push the boat out" and you have failed to reply.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Boyce hold up play is very good imo, he's often isolated and playing against two Ch's, wins a fair share of headers and chests it down often while holding off players. 

Again, I see it completely differently. For instance against Rangers their left back turned centre back Bassey had Boyce in his back pocket. Stood off him until a ball was played and toe poked it away almost every time. I also don’t think he’s great with his back to goal either and I really don’t see many headers one when Gordon hoofs it. But as I say, that’s not his game or why we signed him and to be honest if he genuinely had those attributes as well as his goal stats he’d be playing a higher level than he has in his career.

Also, have mentioned previously on other threads that since the summer our signing policy has supposedly been players 26 and younger preferably with sell on profit potential. 28-year-old under contract Jamie Maclaren doesn’t seem to fit that bill.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Also, have mentioned previously on other threads that since the summer our signing policy has supposedly been players 26 and younger preferably with sell on profit potential. 28-year-old under contract Jamie Maclaren doesn’t seem to fit that bill.

Imagine if we signed a 28 year old man :wow:

24 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Imagine if we signed a 28 year old man :wow:

Just stating what the alleged signing policy from Savage and his team is bud. Doubt they’re going to break it based on sarcasm riddled forum posts, but bash away. I imagine if they do break policy it will be with good reason, such as a top notch talent becoming available we wouldn’t normally expect to see at us. So I’ll say it again, Jamie Maclaren doesn’t fit that bill.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just stating what the alleged signing policy from Savage and his team is bud. Doubt they’re going to break it based on sarcasm riddled forum posts, but bash away. I imagine if they do break policy it will be with good reason, such as a top notch talent becoming available we wouldn’t normally expect to see at us. So I’ll say it again, Jamie Maclaren doesn’t fit that bill.

Tbh I think we agree for the most part. I just don't believe that the difference between a 26 and a 28 year old will be a heavily considered factor for Joe or Robbie

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I wasn't trolling you.  I merely asked you to elaborate on your phrase "we should push the boat out" and you have failed to reply.

Why would I bother?

You have already managed to make your own assumption as to what that could have meant. Furthermore, have came to the conclusion that it ends with us in bankruptcy. 

It seems you have it all figured out dear Al.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Tbh I think we agree for the most part. I just don't believe that the difference between a 26 and a 28 year old will be a heavily considered factor for Joe or Robbie

7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It won't be and no doubt we will sign some  players older than 26. 

Hopefully it is some top notch talent! 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Again, I see it completely differently. For instance against Rangers their left back turned centre back Bassey had Boyce in his back pocket. Stood off him until a ball was played and toe poked it away almost every time. I also don’t think he’s great with his back to goal either and I really don’t see many headers one when Gordon hoofs it. But as I say, that’s not his game or why we signed him and to be honest if he genuinely had those attributes as well as his goal stats he’d be playing a higher level than he has in his career.

If it wasn't for McGregor and a bit luck Boycey could have had a couple of goals. 

V rangers he had lots of space, held the ball up well and made lots of passes. 

He also had most shots on goal he's had in most games. 

Boyce having a bad day in front of goal was nothing to do with Bassey. 

His overall play was also good, most accept that. 

We seem to be watching different games and players! 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• cosanostra changed the title to Nathaniel Atkinson - Aussie RB signs 3.5yr deal
Tom Hardy’s Dug

Nice. And made sure that it wasn’t the dreaded 4 year deal by being a January signing. 

We must be as certain as you can be that this is a very shrewd signing - for us now and as an asset moving forward.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Why would I bother?

You have already managed to make your own assumption as to what that could have meant. Furthermore, have came to the conclusion that it ends with us in bankruptcy. 

It seems you have it all figured out dear Al.

You would bother if you had a clue what you were slavring about.  It's quite amazing how you are unable to say clearly what you mean when you spout well worn phrases..

It is definite that you haven't it figured out Cruyffy.

Sounds like a great signing. Really pleased with this. 

However just spat my cornflakes out when read Robbie’s comments on the website. 

“A real coup”

Every time, I mean just every time he gets me with that. 

JamboBornNBred
Just now, hearts00 said:

Sounds like a great signing. Really pleased with this. 

However just spat my cornflakes out when read Robbie’s comments on the website. 

“A real coup”

Every time, I mean just every time he gets me with that. 

Time to change from Cornflakes then lol............................i agree with you though,his favourite phrase .

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It won't be and no doubt we will sign some  players older than 26. 

Hopefully it is some top notch talent! 

Existing players and those offered new contracts will undoubtedly be over 26.

Every team needs experienced players in and around the squad.

Robbie was aware that he inherited a team with one of the highest average ages in the league and publicly stated that he wanted to reduce this which he has done.

Signing players in their early 20's makes absolute sense as they are more likely to develop and earn the club a fee in the future unlike players ten years older.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

If it wasn't for McGregor and a bit luck Boycey could have had a couple of goals. 

V rangers he had lots of space, held the ball up well and made lots of passes. 

He also had most shots on goal he's had in most games. 

Boyce having a bad day in front of goal was nothing to do with Bassey. 

His overall play was also good, most accept that. 

We seem to be watching different games and players! 

I know, seems weird, but appears that way. And I like Boyce and he’s one of the first names on the team sheet for me, so it’s not like I’ve got an agenda or anything, or that I’m one of the folk on here with a stubbornly held view from pub punditry two minutes into a player’s career. But I seem to be in the minority here, but I just find Boyce’s play limited outside of the box. In fact when watching the game at Tynecastle I noticed Boyce cosied up to Bassey instead of Goldson and commented at the time it was a wise move, but by the end of the game I commented that maybe it wasn’t wise after all as he never got much change. I also find he slows play down with too many touches. BUT, he can score a goal, which is the main thing and all that.

Welcome to the Heart of Midlothian Nathaniel. I hope your time here is very fruitful for yourself and the Hearts.

You made the right choice son.

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

JamboAl. It’s been suggested we should get a room together. Can you name a room that is good enough for us that we could afford. Also needs to be a room that would want to have us as guests of course. 😆

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Looks like a great signing.

Very dynamic player.

I'd love to know how much the undisclosed fee is.

Maybe £200k or something maybe?

according to Evening News, we bought out the last 6 months of his contract.

Jack Torrance

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian, Nathaniel. Looking forward to the travel blog as you make your way over. If you don't send us a video message on your stopover, questions will be asked. 😄

Vince Grella, eh. Wonder if he has any links with strikers on his books?

This does look like a great signing - adding pace alongside skill really is the modern player. Hope he gets called Nat or something- couldn’t handle that monstrosity of a forename! 

InternationalJambo

Club seems really excited by this appointment. Think he may be the pick of the bunch when we look back at our signings for the season this summer.