Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Can someone take her to task and ask why fans were ever shut out. Ridiculous you could watch in pub but not in our fortress 

Added bonus covid passport checks expanded to include crowds between 1,000 and 10,000   if I heard it right. Get it right up you Dave Cormack et al.

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The light at the end of the tunnel is altogether brighter. 

Just great that serious illness is settling down. 

Just now, EIEIO said:

Added bonus covid passport checks expanded to include crowds between 1,000 and 10,000   if I heard it right. Get it right up you Dave Cormack et al.

Any attendance of 1000 or greater must check 50% or 1000 of the attendees with the higher figure being the one required. So any attendance under 1000 everyone must have their passports checked 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

A bit harsh considering they had the support of every Jambo last May

Not everyone it would seem, a bit like Rangers in 2016 🤦🏽

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Any attendance of 1000 or greater must check 50% or 1000 of the attendees with the higher figure being the one required. So any attendance under 1000 everyone must have their passports checked 

Does that mean they will be required to check 8000 people if 16K turn up next Tuesday ?

Is that even doable ?

Pasquale for King

I think either the savage cut to 500 or the lifting of restrictions three weeks later is wrong. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Does that mean they will be required to check 8000 people if 16K turn up next Tuesday ?

Is that even doable ?

No 1000 or 20% whichever number is larger, new certificate with booster on it or recent negative LFT test required. 

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Is that even doable ?

Best get there early 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

No 1000 or 20% whichever number is larger, new certificate with booster on it or recent negative LFT test required. 

It's not 20%, it's 50% of the attendees or 1000. I'm not doing the maths for a 16K crowd. Or am I reading it all wrong ?

The clubs and fans should be applauded for making this short term sacrifice for the greater good. Most of scots/fans understood their is a bigger picture at play. Refreshing to see that there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully this is the last we hear of lockdowns and we can crack on.

Well done to all clubs/fans who stood on the side of the right. 

12 minutes ago, Boab said:

Is that even doable ?

I think its doable. 

They are pretty quick checking. But maybe best to get to ground a little earlier. 

Another change is you need to show your booster. (If 2nd dose was more than 4 months ago).

But can still show a recent lateral flow test instead. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

I think its doable. 

They are pretty quick checking. But maybe best to get to ground a little earlier. 

Why on earth can they not do things that make sense ?

Keep it like before and do spot checks to “ a reasonable amount “ and stop putting more onus on already impacted clubs ?

Especially with larger events. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Thankfully restrictions ending on monday so we back to get right behind the team for 2nd half of season. 

My understanding of what she said:-

- Vacc passport checks will now be 50% of attendance or 1000 people - whichever is higher...so in our case the 50%

- Vacc certification must include the booster if 2nd jag is more than 4 months old.

- If no vacc pass, must show negative lateral flow test.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another change is you need to show your booster. (If 2nd dose was more than 4 months ago).

But can still show a recent lateral flow test instead. 

Booster showing on my NHS Scotland app.

1 minute ago, fatjambo said:

Booster showing on my NHS Scotland app.

I think the issue just now is that it does not register with the QR code it can show. That is supposed to be getting sorted this week though

21 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Celtic are getting the same allocation as Rangers got! 

tickets on sale now 

😏

Hopefully our end sells out. 

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's not 20%, it's 50% of the attendees or 1000. I'm not doing the maths for a 16K crowd. Or am I reading it all wrong ?

Yeah 50% or 1k so half the crowd. Ffs 🤦🏽

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Boab said:

If I am reading it right, that's 30K checks for the old firm game !

🤣

That'll work.

Hahahahaha **** them and the 33.5k rugby fans that will need checked at Murrayfield in February 😆

Let's be honest the checking is down to security on little more than minimum wage.  It will be as before where they ask you to have vaccine passports ready and do mothing more than have a quick glance.  As long as everyone is not arriving at 2 mins to KO then it will be fine.

Pasquale for King
Just now, TexasAndy said:

Let's be honest the checking is down to security on little more than minimum wage.  It will be as before where they ask you to have vaccine passports ready and do mothing more than have a quick glance.  As long as everyone is not arriving at 2 mins to KO then it will be fine.

At night in the dark 

Good the fans are coming back but they need to get a grip with this checking nonsense. Its not practical in the slightest. Total clowns running the show. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

At night in the dark 

😂. It’s a load of shite eh? You can also get in with a negative lateral flow test. If any non vaccinated supporter of any club wanted to get in to any ground then they could. With or without a lateral flow test that they themselves had taken. 

Edited by GinRummy

40 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Celtic are getting the same allocation as Rangers got! 

tickets on sale now 

😏

Too many for that bunch! 😏

The checking of vaccine can be done in the blink of an eye, we the supporters just need to take a minute to be prepared before joining any queue.

The queues come from the people who huff and puff wanting to make a scene about the fact they have to show a passport, which then delays everything behind.

9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Good the fans are coming back but they need to get a grip with this checking nonsense. Its not practical in the slightest. Total clowns running the show. 

Indeed. When it had to be done previously, it was..I thought...acknowledged by the people making the rules, that mass checking was unworkable. No way on earth can they expect clubs to check 50% of large crowds.

Watch this space. Once the arse cheeks start complaining, this will be tweaked.

Clowns is being polite to describe politicians' knowledge of football.

Edited by Boab

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

A bit harsh considering they had the support of every Jambo last May

Media darlings!

Hoofball, lucky and tin pot.

I was behind Hamilton for the playoffs a few years ago, doesn't mean I wanted them to stay up, very happy for them to go down.

As many are proving on here, they seem to be the most inoffensive and lauded club in Scotland when in reality they are torture and shite.

Also a team that jumped up a place on our demotion vote.

Hope they go down but suspect they will stay up.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Gards said:

My understanding of what she said:-

- Vacc passport checks will now be 50% of attendance or 1000 people - whichever is higher...so in our case the 50%

- Vacc certification must include the booster if 2nd jag is more than 4 months old.

- If no vacc pass, must show negative lateral flow test.

It's like pissing in the wind but if it encourages more folk to get jabbed and vaccinated  than that is good.

Ofc course, there are a group of folk ( like in all walks of life) that will look to avoid this, usually these are selfish arseholes but there is always someone looking to dodge " the system".

Probably think of themselves as some type of modern hero.

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The checking of vaccine can be done in the blink of an eye, we the supporters just need to take a minute to be prepared before joining any queue.

The queues come from the people who huff and puff wanting to make a scene about the fact they have to show a passport, which then delays everything behind.

The clubs checked a reasonable amount previously. Let's say it was 1 in 5. It went reasonably well. Now they are to check every second person and any problems that arise will be fans fault and not the idiots making the rules ?

Cool !

👍

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's like pissing in the wind but if it encourages more folk to get jabbed and vaccinated  than that is good.

Ofc course, there are a group of folk ( like in all walks of life) that will look to avoid this, usually these are selfish arseholes but there is always someone looking to dodge " the system".

Probably think of themselves as some type of modern hero.

Cant see these rules encouraging anyone to get vaccinated. You can provide a negative LFT which is the only proof everyone should be showing anyway. Its better than vaccination status. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think its doable. 

Nothing will change especially as ko time gets closer, just hold your phone up or wave a piece of paper about and the stewards will wave you through. Has anybody actually had their status properly checked?

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

The clubs checked a reasonable amount previously. Let's say it was 1 in 5. It went reasonably well. Now they are to check every second person and any problems that arise will be fans fault and not the idiots making the rules ?

Cool !

👍

What's so difficult about holding up a piece of paper or showing your phone screen as you queue up to go through the turnstiles ?

It's the drama queens making a big fuss over it that are the problem

Fozzyonthefence

Surely some mistake?  All the experts on here told us there was zero chance of full crowds back for 17th January!

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Cant see these rules encouraging anyone to get vaccinated. You can provide a negative LFT which is the only proof everyone should be showing anyway. Its better than vaccination status. 

Problem is, it's not proof, anyone can roll up with a negative LFT.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What's so difficult about holding up a piece of paper or showing your phone screen as you queue up to go through the turnstiles ?

No drama about it, mate.

The clubs are being asked to massively increase their checks. I think it's unfair on football clubs who just want punters back.

My point is, why make these fn daft rules when they won't be implemented anyway. What body will check that 50% checks are carried out ? 

At Parkhead as an example !

🤣 Fat chance !

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

To be fair the minimal checks last year caused a bit of a delay. What they are being asked to do this time is ridiculous imo. No drama just needless hurdles causing delays that everyone could do without. 

The Treasurer
Just now, Dazo said:

To be fair the minimal checks last year caused a bit of a delay. What they are being asked to do this time is ridiculous imo. No drama just needless hurdles causing delays that everyone could do without. 

If arriving 10 minutes early means I can go to Tynecastle again I think it's a small price to pay

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

You should draw on all your scientific and medical knowledge, put together a proposal and put it forward to the government. 

I

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Cool !

👍

I don't agree with the volume of checks. But I prefer that to watching a soulless empty ground on a laptop.  Like you say in other posts, the checks are hardly accurate and not thorough - which ties in with my point of people getting their knickers in a twist about it, get your phone out 30 seconds prior or bring along a lat flow test and the whole thing will be seamless for all. 

The only ones being punished by folk getting irate at turnstiles is the fans, not Scottish Government.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Aye, as well as the death, long term illness and economic uncertainty this is really inconvenient and probably the worse thing that could have came from a pandemic-a slight delay for a check to access a football match. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Exactly.

I honestly think politicians are clueless.

What is wrong with saying full crowds are back, random checks will be carried out and the only difference is now proof of a booster is required ?

No, em 50% to be checked !

Arseholes !

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic