Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Maroon Sailor

Postponed fixture dates confirmed

All games 19:45 kick-offs

Monday 17 January

Celtic v Hibernian

Tuesday 18 January

Aberdeen v Rangers

Dundee United v St Mirren

Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone

Livingston v Dundee

Ross County v Motherwell

Tuesday 1 February

Dundee v Dundee United

Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian

Livingston v St Johnstone

Ross County v Aberdeen

St Mirren v Motherwell

Wednesday 2 February

Celtic v Rangers

Just now, ramrod said:

We lose a home game then, fans miss out , team misses out on 18k backing and club misses out on money, meanwhile Celtic and Hibs are unaffected as it stands.

Shafted yet again 

Wanted a draw tonight but now I want an Aberdeen victory by 3 or more goals 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

We lose a home game then, fans miss out , team misses out on 18k backing and club misses out on money, meanwhile Celtic and Hibs are unaffected as it stands.

Shafted yet again 

Can we gain a home game post split if things go a certain way? A bit like how in the recent past we've had to go to Ibrox three times meaning 20 away games and STs being shafted 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Can we gain a home game post split if things go a certain way? A bit like how in the recent past we've had to go to Ibrox three times meaning 20 away games and STs being shafted 

Nor sure but its pissed me off we have been shafted yet again as a club while those two ***** lose nothing 

Edited by ramrod

Seems that the expectation is that we will receive compensation for lost income for Sundays game from the Scottish government. If that happens then the changes seem reasonable and probably best case for us. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Shafted yet again 

Of course Hibs and Celtic are unaffected. They proposed the solution in first place. This could only be allowed in Scotland. 

Christ, even Willie Miller thought it was ridiculous.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Seems that the expectation is that we will receive compensation for lost income for Sundays game from the Scottish government. If that happens then the changes seem reasonable and probably best case for us. 

As a club , if we get the 3 points,  but not for us fans. 

Aus have game then. No Boyle for derby 👀👀

hopefully Cammy and Nathanial don’t get called up

Edited by R1874

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We can get money but that isn't going to make up for lack of backing from crowd. We saw last season how these games can go and they aren't pretty.

It will be like home game for Ross County with little or no atmosphere.

No danger this would have gone ahead if Celtic were playing Rangers this weekend. Just no danger.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Who cares about fans? Certainly not SPFL.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Nor sure but its pissed me off we have been shafted yet again as a club while those two ***** lose nothing 

Depends how long the  SG restriction of 500 fans lasts for.  Looking at the list of new dates for the postponed games, it would be deliciously wonderful if it lasts till 3rd February.     Tsunami, and all that.  :kirklol: 

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly, fed up with us the customer getting taken for granted. 

30 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So when will we know if we have made the ballot for the county game?

Doubt there will be a ballot. Essential personnel. Players, staff, coaches. People who need to be there for duties associated with the game. Those who know the right people and self entitled hangers on. There’s your 500. Luckily I’ve agreed to stand in for someone who would ordinarily have to be there but asked me to cover so I’ll be at the game

Old Firm without:

Aribo

Arfield

Balogun

Bassey

Kyogo

Morelos 

Rogic

and potential signings from these countries. These clowns really are useless 

25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why is it not the morally right thing to continue when Celtic are parking public safety concerns to play in front of a full house in 30 minutes time? Is Omicron having a night off? 

There’s a strong argument for saying that if the virus is so contagious any restrictions should be imposed immediately. However that’s not the case.

So, isn’t it the case that it’s business as usual until the rules change? 
So why make the focus on Celtic? Are they the only club playing tonight? 
As far as The Rangers are concerned, it will suit them just fine to continue and to meet Celtic in front of a few hundred fans in Parkhead. 

2 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

There’s a strong argument for saying that if the virus is so contagious any restrictions should be imposed immediately. However that’s not the case.

So, isn’t it the case that it’s business as usual until the rules change? 
So why make the focus on Celtic? Are they the only club playing tonight? 
As far as The Rangers are concerned, it will suit them just fine to continue and to meet Celtic in front of a few hundred fans in Parkhead. 

Imagine there would be thousands gathered outside 😳 

13 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Old Firm without:

Aribo

Arfield

Balogun

Bassey

Kyogo

Morelos 

Rogic

and potential signings from these countries. These clowns really are useless 

Who cares?

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

The obsession on here re being shafted...makes one wonder ...

About what?

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, sinks said:

It'll all be to do with evening things up for the a**echeeks... Celtic play a weakened team tonight and Rangers get their shot at the depleted team on Sunday

I have a feeling that game may well be getting rearranged for later in the season. I say that as we have just been told that our ticket applications for the game against Hibs at Easter Road will remain valid for the rearranged game, which might suggest an announcement is imminent about the games post Boxing Day through to early January all being rearranged for future dates, and the league mid season break starting earlier.

Apologies - above is irrelevant as I hadn't read beyond the post I responded to and see that info. is now on the thread confirming games due  29 Dec. and away on 3 Jan. are all now rescheduled for later dates.

Edited by portobellojambo1
Didn't read the thread in full.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No Martin Boyle

Or Nakki Akky

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No Martin Boyle

Wouldn't guarantee it. International managers often make compromises and I wouldn't be surprised if he let's Boyle miss it - assuming Boyle wants to.

I don't enough about their squad and qualification standings to know how likely that is.

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Wouldn't guarantee it. International managers often make compromises and I wouldn't be surprised if he let's Boyle miss it - assuming Boyle wants to.

I don't enough about their squad and qualification standings to know how likely that is.

Australia need points

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Australia need points

What about our own Socceroos? Are they likely to be in the squad?

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

What about our own Socceroos? Are they likely to be in the squad?

Would even things out. Don't think they are close yet. 

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Nah, they're 3rd in their group and only top 2 qualify, it's a must win for them

• Moderators
10 hours ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Please stick to the football aspects on this thread. The shed is the place for discussions around hospitals, covid, politics etc…

Continual ‘offenders’ will be removed from the thread. 

I’ll just re-iterate this for those left on the thread. 

1 minute ago, SuperAustin said:

The 500 people will be picked from them that don't have access to live stream 

Every ST holder has access to a live stream surely ?

Fxxx the SPFL

If there is a ballot I’m in got tickets in the ballots for every game me and the wife are Uber fans. Jimmy Anderson is my uncle

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

The 500 people will be picked from them that don't have access to live stream 

I'd doubt many or any fans will get in after the staff players etc. If they do then I'd be pissed off if ruled out for being able to use the Internet. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Every ST holder has access to a live stream surely ?

What I thought 

But it's on the statement  we just put out 

3 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

What I thought 

But it's on the statement  we just put out 

Not how I read it. There will be no ballot so the 500 won't be picked from anywhere. 

All the statement alludes to getting ST holders who haven't logged in for codes yet, to do so.

Just now, Boab said:

Not how I read it. There will be no ballot so the 500 won't be picked from anywhere. 

All the statement alludes to getting ST holders who haven't logged in for codes yet, to do so.

My apologies read it wrong 

Just now, SuperAustin said:

My apologies read it wrong 

No worries.

👍

The hangers on comment someone mentioned earlier will be closer to the truth as regards attendance.

I've no complaints about the lack of ballot. Would be a nightmare to organise with not much in return even though I'd love to go.

Despite what others fear, I'm confident we'll be back for the following game.

With the st Johnstone and hibs games moved to Tuesdays I take it the likes of the Talbot game on the 22nd and the Celtic game on the 26th remain as they are?

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic