Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

Absolute Scenes

Can someone clarify for a simpleton like me - if you are not vaccinated but can show proof of a negative LFT, can you still attend?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Of course you can... We were told if we got both doses things would improve greatly... We all did, they haven't and she's still been playing games with us so I'm choosing not to so really just my own choice. 

That’s fair mate and I agree regarding the goalposts moving.  I chose not to be vaccinated at all because I knew it was never going to change things being unrestricted. I’ve stayed away from Tynecastle though since the rules changed, but will be testing myself numerous times in the week so I can attend. Missed the place so much 😍

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can someone clarify for a simpleton like me - if you are not vaccinated but can show proof of a negative LFT, can you still attend?

I think so. This was the case in January for other Covid passport events

Yes. 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’m sure you can 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

That’s fair mate and I agree regarding the goalposts moving.  I chose not to be vaccinated at all because I knew it was never going to change things being unrestricted. I’ve stayed away from Tynecastle though since the rules changed, but will be testing myself numerous times in the week so I can attend. Missed the place so much 😍

Yeah me too mate can't wait to get back, I appreciate everyone has their own reasoning for deciding what to do and would never hold that against anyone. 

maroonlegions

Got my booster vaccination on my NHS phone app..  

It shows my other 2 jabs too. So stroll up, if asked then its a case of a showing it.

Cant wait to get back in my ST seat.. Off work the next day too. Happy days.  FTH.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes. 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think so. This was the case in January for other Covid passport events

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’m sure you can 

Thanks guys, I was seeing some contradictions on the hearts website so wanted to see if others interpreted it differently 

Worthing Jambo
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe just check every second person, roughly. 🥸

Surely a gentle approach would be better for everyone?🥸

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Cant see these rules encouraging anyone to get vaccinated. You can provide a negative LFT which is the only proof everyone should be showing anyway. Its better than vaccination status. 

Missed this earlier, thanks for clarifying indie. LFT will be getting g done

Fozzyonthefence

Do you not think maybe you’re missing the main reason for being vaccinated?

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

She shouldn't have imposed the recent restrictions then... Like I say my choice. 

You admit you were talking pish then?

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you not think maybe you’re missing the main reason for being vaccinated?

No, it’s a choice after all. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe just check every second person, roughly. 🥸

It would appear that in the past it was check everyone early on and let latecomers in unchecked. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It would appear that in the past it was check everyone early on and let latecomers in unchecked. 

So it seemed. I always tend to get there 15 to 20 minutes before kickoff so I’ve always been asked for evidence. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

So it seemed. I always tend to get there 15 to 20 minutes before kickoff so I’ve always been asked for evidence. 

With it being half the attendance they might need to do the checks a bit longer until they hit the 8/9k target.
I think everyone should aim to get there a bit earlier. 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dodgy character lol

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

With it being half the attendance they might need to do the checks a bit longer until they hit the 8/9k target.
I think everyone should aim to get there a bit earlier. 

Absolutely no way they will check anywhere near half the attendance physically,  its impossible 

They wil be clicking on a counter every second person till they hit the quantity required , guaranteed 

Pasquale for King

So full crowds but social distancing and table service in the pubs until the 24th, good luck getting a pint before or after everyone. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Absolutely no way they will check anywhere near half the attendance physically,  its impossible 

They wil be clicking on a counter every second person till they hit the quantity required , guaranteed 

Probably, they will need to show they have somehow. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Probably, they will need to show they have somehow. 

Yeah it's basically a tick box exercise , with the best will in the world its an impossible task .

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Yep 

Would you mind telling me what happened when you were checked. I'm genuinely interested as I usually go in 20/30 mins before KO and haven't seen anyone properly checked.

3 minutes ago, Faldo said:

Anyone know if the hospitality will be going ahead for the st Johnstone game??

That will be interesting as they will still have internal rules to follow. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Yeah it's basically a tick box exercise , with the best will in the world its an impossible task .

When there’s a queue, they pay more attention early on in my experience. 

1 hour ago, Snedds76 said:

She shouldn't have imposed the recent restrictions then... Like I say my choice. 

That'll show her 

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That will be interesting as they will still have internal rules to follow. 

Current rules are 200 max and table service. Across all packages, what's our normal capacity in the hospitality venues?

Likely to be lifted next week,hope so as I am in the Gorgie lounge for the Motherwell game.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Missed this earlier, thanks for clarifying indie. LFT will be getting g done

1 hour ago, Snedds76 said:

Yeah me too mate can't wait to get back, I appreciate everyone has their own reasoning for deciding what to do and would never hold that against anyone. 

This is how society should be acting instead of being so polarising. Two different opinions and choices yet both respectful to each other. Two folk i'd enjoy sitting next to at Tynie. 

Have fun when we get back guys!

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Current rules are 200 max and table service. Across all packages, what's our normal capacity in the hospitality venues?

Likely to be lifted next week,hope so as I am in the Gorgie lounge for the Motherwell game.

Don’t know what capacities are but I assume the 200 is per room?

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

This is how society should be acting instead of being so polarising. Two different opinions and choices yet both respectful to each other. Two folk i'd enjoy sitting next to at Tynie. 

Have fun when we get back guys!

Of course everyone is entitled to make their own choices, but they have to remember that what they decide can, and does, have an impact on others 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t know what capacities are but I assume the 200 is per room?

Would assume so,maybe scope to spread people around. Maybe not worth the effort as indoor restrictions also being reviewed next week.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just wait until 5 minutes before kick off and walk straight in. Once it gets busy they step aside and don't check.

24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Of course everyone is entitled to make their own choices, but they have to remember that what they decide can, and does, have an impact on others 

Yep and both parties just have to deal with it. 

I have literally never seen any stewards inspect someone's covid pass on their phone. I mean use their electronic gun thing. Its just cursory glance at it. 

Nucky Thompson

No way will they check 50% of fans.

How will the SG know how many have been checked anyway? Just virtue signalling 

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Would you mind telling me what happened when you were checked. I'm genuinely interested as I usually go in 20/30 mins before KO and haven't seen anyone properly checked.

Checked ✔ paper details. It's much quicker. 

19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

No chance when queues for the Wheatfield are trailing past the Murrayfield side of the Sainsburys car park will they check VPs.

22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Could use scanners or phones ,you can download the app 

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

LFT within 24 hours of an event. 

Sorry if been asked, open air restrictions lifted but no change to indoor gatherings  So can hospitality go ahead in Gorgie suite on Tuesday night?

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

Sorry if been asked, open air restrictions lifted but no change to indoor gatherings  So can hospitality go ahead in Gorgie suite on Tuesday night?

Limited to table service,max 200. I guess that's per room. Best call the club. I'd hope they'd be making plans to cope

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They take a count as they do it. The club will have to show a certain number have been checked I would imagine. 

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No chance when queues for the Wheatfield are trailing past the Murrayfield side of the Sainsburys car park will they check VPs.

Surely that would be easier to do if they go up and down the queue?

Anyone thinking that 50% of supporters will have their vaccine passports checked in any meaningful way whatsoever is deluding themselves. 

That would mean checking covid passport name against ticket, checking dates of all three injections or veracity of exemption etc. All of that would cause delays which would build congestion which itself is unsafe.

The previous silliness will continue where you could pull out a blank piece of folded paper and be told to walk on through.

I've had all 3 jabs since September but it's not difficult to see this passport requirement (and the now cast aside restrictions) as politicians again doing things in order to be seen to be doing things. No matter the effectiveness. They must have been a little sheepish to learn that despite restrictions, rates in Scotland were higher than our unrestricted neighbours.

Demands for increased  (but ineffective) vaccine checks is just more of the same game.

13 minutes ago, stan said:

Anyone thinking that 50% of supporters will have their vaccine passports checked in any meaningful way whatsoever is deluding themselves. 

That would mean checking covid passport name against ticket, checking dates of all three injections or veracity of exemption etc. All of that would cause delays which would build congestion which itself is unsafe.

The previous silliness will continue where you could pull out a blank piece of folded paper and be told to walk on through.

I've had all 3 jabs since September but it's not difficult to see this passport requirement (and the now cast aside restrictions) as politicians again doing things in order to be seen to be doing things. No matter the effectiveness. They must have been a little sheepish to learn that despite restrictions, rates in Scotland were higher than our unrestricted neighbours.

Demands for increased  (but ineffective) vaccine checks is just more of the same game.

Trying to do their best I guess. 

The good thing about the change to the vaccine checks is teams like Aberdeen who tried to avoid these measures by only releasing under 10k tickets so didn’t HVe to do this under the old rules have to do so now. Cormack won’t be happy 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic