Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

Just now, The Treasurer said:

If arriving 10 minutes early means I can go to Tynecastle again I think it's a small price to pay

I don’t disagree I just think it’s harsh on the clubs. It’s only 10 mins to you but for the clubs it’s a lot of work. Millions of people up and down the country and cram into shops without a care in the world but football clubs seem to be an easy target. Again no drama to me personally, like you I’ll just allow a little bit of extra time. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely some mistake?  All the experts on here told us there was zero chance of full crowds back for 17th January!

Do you mean Jason Leitch quoted in an article yesterday?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, as well as the death, long term illness and economic uncertainty this is really inconvenient and probably the worse thing that could have came from a pandemic-a slight delay for a check. 

To be honest I wish I could muster a single **** for any of the shite you post. 👍

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely some mistake?  All the experts on here told us there was zero chance of full crowds back for 17th January!

Fair point 👍🏽🤦🏽

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

To be honest I wish I could muster a single **** for any of the shite you post. 👍

You mustered enough ****s to reply. 👍

5 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I don't agree with the volume of checks. But I prefer that to watching a soulless empty ground on a laptop.  Like you say in other posts, the checks are hardly accurate and not thorough - which ties in with my point of people getting their knickers in a twist about it, get your phone out 30 seconds prior or bring along a lat flow test and the whole thing will be seamless for all. 

The only ones being punished by folk getting irate at turnstiles is the fans, not Scottish Government.

I hear that, mate.

Great that we can go to the football. 

Just a ridiculous caveat this % thingy.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, sinks said:

Looks like victim fc only getting 2 sections of Roseburn

Good, should be that way. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You should draw on all your scientific and medical knowledge, put together a proposal and put it forward to the government. 

I

:lol:

Just countering another JKB general sweeping covid statement that you had originally put.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You should draw on all your scientific and medical knowledge, put together a proposal and put it forward to the government. 

I

Just countering another JKB general sweeping covid statement that you had originally put. 

34 minutes ago, Boab said:

The clubs checked a reasonable amount previously. Let's say it was 1 in 5. It went reasonably well. Now they are to check every second person and any problems that arise will be fans fault and not the idiots making the rules ?

Cool !

👍

I went to Wembley in the Euros and they had stewards specifically to verify covid tests.  Took no time at all - with covid passports if you've got it open on your phone it should be a complete doddle.  If you've not got one I dunno, separate queue to show LFT.

It shouldn't be difficult

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Nah, I said " if it encourages more..." 

Not "it would encourage" 

👍

So no sweeping covid statement. 

If it does - great 

If it doesn't, nothing lost. 

I don't have the data or scientific know how to say it will or won't. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I went to Wembley in the Euros and they had stewards specifically to verify covid tests.  Took no time at all - with covid passports if you've got it open on your phone it should be a complete doddle.  If you've not got one I dunno, separate queue to show LFT.

It's not. 

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's like pissing in the wind but if it encourages more folk to get jabbed and vaccinated  than that is good.

Ofc course, there are a group of folk ( like in all walks of life) that will look to avoid this, usually these are selfish arseholes but there is always someone looking to dodge " the system".

Probably think of themselves as some type of modern hero.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I said " if it encourages more..." 

Not "it would encourage" 

👍

So no sweeping covid statement. 

If it does - great 

If it doesn't, nothing lost. 

I don't have the data or scientific know how to say it will or won't. 

Sweeping general covid statement. 

2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Wembley and Wheatfield Pl are a different kettle of fish !

Anyhoo, I've said my bit on this nonsense. I'll rock up, early as usual, and be my billet before any chicanery ensues !

😎

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Wembley and Wheatfield Pl are a different kettle of fish !

Anyhoo, I've said my bit on this nonsense. I'll rock up, early as usual, and be my billet before any chicanery ensues !

😎

True, but the biggest problem remains folk faffing about. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Sweeping general covid statement. 

That's is a sweeping a statement, there are arseholes in every walk of life. I stand by it. 

The part about encouraging more folk to get vaccinated ( the part you initially picked up on) I said "if it encourages" , not it will. 

That is the covid specific part that you pulled me up on, and as I say If you have the expertise then put a  plan together and send it on. 

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Do you mean Jason Leitch quoted in an article yesterday?

No, I was meaning the experts like you.  I don’t think he said there was no chance of crowds being back by 17th of January but if I missed that quote perhaps you could share it?

2 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

True, but the biggest problem remains folk faffing about. 

A lot of people are not au fait with this stuff and it can cause delays. The majority of any potential hold ups won't be belligerent idiots. 

Only needs a few WiFi problems and the whole thing goes to shit !

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hesh said:

I requested paper 'passport' arrived in about 3 days 

I printed mine off in a matter of seconds, at work 😱😂

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

A lot of people are not au fait with this stuff and it can cause delays. The majority of any potential hold ups won't be belligerent idiots. 

I don't think you need wifi to show it, is it not just a file?

Edited to add, just put my phone on airplane mode and it came up fine 

Edited by Hesh

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Didn’t they let in fans that didn’t even tickets at Wembley that then caused a bit of a riot?!

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I printed mine off in a matter of seconds, at work 😱😂

You understood the assignment 

42 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Nothing will change especially as ko time gets closer, just hold your phone up or wave a piece of paper about and the stewards will wave you through. Has anybody actually had their status properly checked?

Yep 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Screen shot the certificate. 

Paper copies 

It's really not that hard or long a check. 

If folk want to make abig deal of it- they will, most will be prepared and it won't be an issue or cause delays. 

Continued checks at large events surley couldn't have suprised folk?

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Screen shot the certificate. 

Paper copies 

It's really not that hard or long a check. 

If folk want to make abig deal of it- they will, most will be prepared and it won't be an issue or cause delays. 

Continued checks at large events surley couldn't have suprised folk?

its not much to ask if it means we are back. Ludicrous decision to go back to 500 in the first place.  Lateral Flows are acceptable also so not hard for folk to do one of those 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Didn’t they let in fans that didn’t even tickets at Wembley that then caused a bit of a riot?!

Let fans in? 

A section of arseholes stormed in and broke through. 

Did you see the footage?

They were "let in" the same way as the Polish border patrols allowed the German panzer units "in". 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah 50% or 1k so half the crowd. Ffs 🤦🏽

How will the Stewards checking know how big the crowd is going to be to check the right precentage, Who is supplying the crystal balls?  😍

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

its not much to ask if it means we are back. Ludicrous decision to go back to 500 in the first place.  Lateral Flows are acceptable also so not hard for folk to do one of those 

I don’t really see how the lateral flow test is workable.  How do you prove it is yours?  You could just take anyone’s.  They’re obviously not going to watch you do one and wait 30 minutes for the result. 

Jambof3tornado
47 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not really, this expert said we'd be back in!!

I get your drift though.

Cant bloody wait.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yeah. 

Plenty options, only folk looking for a problem will find one. 

If you are vaccinated or can take a test you'll be OK. 

If you aren't vaccinated and don't want to test you'll have a problem.

But again, very easy to get around that if you want, but imo only a selfish arse would go to such lengths. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

How will the Stewards checking know how big the crowd is going to be to check the right precentage, Who is supplying the crystal balls?  😍

Pretty easy to make a ball park figure, especially when it is all ticket. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t really see how the lateral flow test is workable.  How do you prove it is yours?  You could just take anyone’s.  They’re obviously not going to watch you do one and wait 30 minutes for the result. 

Exactly, just take one before you leave the house . Can they prove it’s yours ? Nope

Had both vaccinations and getting no more... I'll flash anything on my phone and walk in no problem because a steward on the min wage is not going to glve a toss😂

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Mass testing in the queue!!

They are hoping the majority of people aren't twonks and wont risk fellow fans catching it.

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Had both vaccinations and getting no more... I'll flash anything on my phone and walk in no problem because a steward on the min wage is not going to glve a toss😂

If you've already had 2 doses,can I ask why you dont want a booster??

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If you've already had 2 doses,can I ask why you dont want a booster??

Of course you can... We were told if we got both doses things would improve greatly... We all did, they haven't and she's still been playing games with us so I'm choosing not to so really just my own choice. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Tickets sold maybe but yes it’s a fair point, what’s Mystic  Meg doing these days 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They are hoping the majority of people aren't twonks and wont risk fellow fans catching it.

I think the vast majority are in that boat but there will always be selfish arseholes that don’t give a **** about other people. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Man you could have sold it here 

Finally get banned forever 😱🤔😜?!?!

I’ll be there on Tuesday. Doubled vaxxed and boosted. I know people are fed up of jabs and goalposts moving but will make life easier for you. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Of course you can... We were told if we got both doses things would improve greatly... We all did, they haven't and she's still been playing games with us so I'm choosing not to so really just my own choice. 

Things did improve greatly though, much less people are dying now and we came out of lockdown which are both good things in my book.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think we're talking small numbers here, which is linked to my original point. If the vast majority are triple jabbed then random checks, like before, would have sufficed. That's all that was needed here. An update of covid proof to get in. 

Any bam can just take the code from a LFT and register it and Rock up.

Hopefully very few would be so selfish.

Double vaxxed and boosted.  I will be in that ****ing queue on Tuesday and no one will stop me.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe just check every second person, roughly. 🥸

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Things did improve greatly though, much less people are dying now and we came out of lockdown which are both good things in my book.

She shouldn't have imposed the recent restrictions then... Like I say my choice. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic