Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

Rangers failure to publically announce where they stand in this speaks volumes…..they know it’s not morally the right thing to do to vote to continue but can’t admit they want to play on as it just suits them more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The bit I don't understand is what John Swinney, SNP, has come out and said today, which is that any football fans planning to go to the 3 games tonight should refrain from going and stay at home. If they didn't want any fans at football matches tonight why. when they made their original decision yesterday, and they beleived things were/are as bad as they thought did they not stop everything with immediate effect, i.e. when the statment was made rather than setting a date of 26 December.

Sums up the situation in Scotland where politicians try to control our lives and thoughts. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Rangers failure to publically announce where they stand in this speaks volumes…..they know it’s not morally the right thing to do to vote to continue but can’t admit they want to play on as it just suits them more.

Why is it not the morally right thing to continue when Celtic are parking public safety concerns to play in front of a full house in 30 minutes time? Is Omicron having a night off? 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

They would be dammed if they did. They are not Celtic who get away with things without comment. 

ScandinavianJambo
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The bit I don't understand is what John Swinney, SNP, has come out and said today, which is that any football fans planning to go to the 3 games tonight should refrain from going and stay at home. If they didn't want any fans at football matches tonight why, when they made their original decision yesterday, and they beileved things were/are as bad as they thought did they not stop everything with immediate effect, i.e. when the statment was made, rather than setting a date of 26 December.

Because they wanted to give the club's and the SPFL time to plan for this. Had they not every would have gone on about it being too little time to prepare. You are damned  if you do and all that ..

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why is it not the morally right thing to continue when Celtic are parking public safety concerns to play in front of a full house in 30 minutes time? Is Omicron having a night off? 

🤦🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So all the other leagues in Europe are morally wrong but the Scottish premier league can occupy the moral high ground here. 

23 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just reported on the news there are 3 proposals with this one the favourite apparently. 

We always seem to let ourselves get shafted .The first home game after the split is Celtic , any extension will see that behind closed doors 

Aren't the first games after split not Cup matches?

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

The bit I don't understand is what John Swinney, SNP, has come out and said today, which is that any football fans planning to go to the 3 games tonight should refrain from going and stay at home. If they didn't want any fans at football matches tonight why, when they made their original decision yesterday, and they beileved things were/are as bad as they thought did they not stop everything with immediate effect, i.e. when the statment was made, rather than setting a date of 26 December.

Good question.

If this is as bad as made out by the SG.

Then everything that involved large crowds should have been brought to a halt immediately. Allowing three SPL games to go ahead tonight, then the deputy first minister plead to fans not to go is imho beyond parody. To allow the Edinburgh Christmas Market to continue upto and including Christmas Eve defies logic. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

So all the other leagues in Europe are morally wrong but the Scottish premier league can occupy the moral high ground here. 

You think we should continue without fans again ?

been here before
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It'll get swept under their ever bulging carpet. 

Try though itll only take a few minutes of your time. Just copy and paste your post.

Let us know their reply.

So you don't know? 

Bringing the break forward a week is the right thing to do imo.

Rangers want to keep playing as it suits them on the park without caring about the fans.

5 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Because they wanted to give the club's and the SPFL time to plan for this. Had they not every would have gone on about it being too little time to prepare. You are damned  if you do and all that ..

But if it's the right thing to do, what do you need to do to prepare? The announcement would be made and the stadium would have been locked. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, DH1986 said:

Bringing the break forward a week is the right thing to do imo.

Rangers want to keep playing as it suits them on the park without caring about the fans.

And Celtic want it stopped because it suits them. And it's not the right thing to do. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Try though itll only take a few minutes of your time. Just copy and paste your post.

Let us know their reply.

No. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

You think we should continue without fans again ?

I think that’s inevitable. I think the current restrictions will do very little to curtail the virus and think the restrictions will last way more than 3 weeks. I think the Scottish Government are doing things to be seen to be doing things and I think 6 million or so people travelling round the country for Christmas and new year before going back to work and school will spread the virus (just like last year) meaning even harsher restrictions after the holidays. So no point not playing on. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Let us know their reply.

He'll send you a link to a Celtic blog once they've had a chance to knock something together. Just be patient.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

And Celtic want it stopped because it suits them. And it's not the right thing to do. 

Bringing the break forward a week is the right thing to do for the supporters.

5 minutes ago, RENE said:

Yep our first league game is Celtic at home , would bet buttons to dollars it will be behind closed doors 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Nunya Business said:

He'll send you a link to a Celtic blog once they've had a chance to knock something together. Just be patient.

Oh oh, here they come. Full moon and all that.  🌕  🐺 

16 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It'll all be to do with evening things up for the a**echeeks... Celtic play a weakened team tonight and Rangers get their shot at the depleted team on Sunday

The Hogfather

Oh oh, here they come. Full moon and all that.  🌕  🐺 

It's not a full moon tonight mate. I doubt they'll cover that in your Celtic blog though, probably unrelated.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think that’s inevitable. I think the current restrictions will do very little to curtail the virus and think the restrictions will last way more than 3 weeks. I think the Scottish Government are doing things to be seen to be doing things and I think 6 million or so people travelling round the country for Christmas and new year before going back to work and school will spread the virus (just like last year) meaning even harsher restrictions after the holidays. So no point not playing on. 

Winter break starting after BD is now confirmed.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Nunya Business said:

It's not a full moon tonight mate. I doubt they'll cover that in your Celtic blog though, probably unrelated.

My Celtic blog.😂

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Lack of staff exacerbated by non UK nurses no longer available. 

Think there are plenty non uk workers in the nhs

39 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Northern Ireland voted to carry on with full crowds ft or sport. So Wales and Scotland do one thing and England and Ireland carry on as normal.

Not quite. England have only said that people will be able to have their Christmas Day.

No decision about what’s going to happen after that.

21 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Having one with the chance of an empty Celtic Park.  End of!

On 21/12/2021 at 14:50, Thomaso said:

The TV companies won’t “do one”! The SPFL have a contract with them and if it’s not honoured then they will get hit with huge financial penalties! That is the reality of this shit situation!

On 21/12/2021 at 14:57, hughesie27 said:

They'll still get their games televised though. I think you are slightly overthinking how much of a barrier they'll put up.

It was only yesterday that thr English FA and teams decided not to stop playing. Would Sky have kicked up a fuss then. Doubt it. They'll get their games.

Told yi ;)

Malinga the Swinga

So most clubs wanted to stop, but not enough to win vote. Hibs then propose this amendment which means they don't play home game with reduced crowd, whereas we do. Surprisingly, Celtic also agree and strangely, they're also away.

League run by Celtic for Celtic, backed by their feeder clubs.

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So when will we know if we have made the ballot for the county game?

Won't be a ballot as hospitality will take priority.. Hopefully.. Seen as I'm meant to be in the European lounge 😏

been here before
11 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No. 

Shame that.

You had such a great question. Its a pity you wont do anything to find out why.

48 minutes ago, kila said:

Who is feeling confident for the Ross County ballot then?

Are there many, like I, who've been lucky every ballot? :ninja:

Yes. 😁😁😁

Ps ... the game v Sellick sans their mob was a total joy, and what's more; even with so few people allowed because we were spread around the 4 stands rather than all in one, the atmosphere was surprisingly good.

Malinga the Swinga

Rangers wanted to carry on as they have Aberdeen and Celtic away. They obviously preferred to play with no fans.

If we can reschedule for 2 games, we could easily have rescheduled 3.

League is a ****ing joke.

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Rangers wanted to carry on as they have Aberdeen and Celtic away. They obviously preferred to play with no fans.

Sevco playing funny buggers, still Celtic dont get their way

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Who knows Rangers position. But Celtic will be stronger on Feb 1st or 2nd when game is played. Injuries and new signings. Nigeria's progress in African Nations Cup whether Rangers team is weakened. 

Ah well,at least we'll have our new CF up and running against hibs and Natty Akki to pick.

25 minutes ago, RENE said:

They were but probably won’t be now. First league match likely to be Mon/Tuesday before cup ties if all goes well 

We lose a home game then, fans miss out , team misses out on 18k backing and club misses out on money, meanwhile Celtic and Hibs are unaffected as it stands.

Shafted yet again 

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic