Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Entitled to 100 tickets out of the 500 crowd though

Scottish Cup rules are that away team gets 20% of the tickets plus it’s not a season ticket game.  They may just be assuming this though, surely makes more sense to have no away fans. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Apologies if already posted:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/jason-leitch-casts-doubt-over-22704841

Jason Leitch has cast doubt on Scottish football having full crowds back on January 17.

The National Clinical director appeared on radio and suggested that Nicola Sturgeon could keep the restriction in place.

I listened to his interview, and he did seem to take a cautious view of  removing the crowd limit in one go.    If Sturgeon is still relying on his advice as much now as she did for the last 2 years, tomorrow's announcement might be a compromise - something like a higher limit (2000 maybe) for 1 or 2 more weeks.   Sturgeon seems to have her eyes set on the rugby international v. England at Murrayfield  in front of a big crowd on 5th Feb

22 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I listened to his interview, and he did seem to take a cautious view of  removing the crowd limit in one go.    If Sturgeon is still relying on his advice as much now as she did for the last 2 years, tomorrow's announcement might be a compromise - something like a higher limit (2000 maybe) for 1 or 2 more weeks.   Sturgeon seems to have her eyes set on the rugby international v. England at Murrayfield  in front of a big crowd on 5th Feb

The issue with the rugby is will the Welsh and Scots play in England instead and force her hand?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The issue with the rugby is will the Welsh and Scots play in England instead and force her hand?

She won't mind. 

32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Scottish Cup rules are that away team gets 20% of the tickets plus it’s not a season ticket game.  They may just be assuming this though, surely makes more sense to have no away fans. 

Different cup but there were no away fans at the restricted crowd game at home to Inverness in this seasons league cup. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Have the SRU/WRU made any noises about considering that as an option ?   Would Twickers be able to cope with the extra matches ?      Either way, potentially another awkward moment for her if they did that, only 5  weeks after begging Scots not to travel to England for Hogmanay (which many ignored).  

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Different cup but there were no away fans at the restricted crowd game at home to Inverness in this seasons league cup. 

As you say, different cup.  The Scottish Cup is under SFA rules, the League Cup isn’t.  I don’t think there is a 20% rule in the League Cup but I could be wrong.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

She won't mind. 

I don’t think she will care where the game is played but I’m pretty sure she won’t want tens of thousands of Scots travelling down south.

Nucky Thompson
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

She won't mind. 

In that case, she's more mental than I thought 

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t think she will care where the game is played but I’m pretty sure she won’t want tens of thousands of Scots travelling down south.

As per the Euro game against England, she'll just tell all those travelling to remember FACTS. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, JWL said:

As per the Euro game against England, she'll just tell all those travelling to remember FACTS. 

What should she do?

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Leitch is the spokesman for the medical community involved in advising government , JCVI (?) etc .

47 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What should she do?

Nothing she can do. Like the Euros, there are no legal restrictions to stop people going south, or vice versa.

That's the egg chasing though, which should be resigned to the shed, IMO.

What the SG can do in Scotland is, legally, stop people from going to the football, so let's concentrate on that and not daft-shaped baw sports !

58 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What should she do?

Nothing she can do regarding people travelling to England if the game is played down there. I would however like to receive an explanation on why it is okay to have 500 at a stadium that can hold 2000 and the same number in a stadium that can hold 20k. Doesn't make sense but the SMSM don't seem to question this. I just thought it was a bit of a silly comment from her when thousands of Scots were travelling to England and the last thing on their minds was that daft slogan.

Percival King
9 minutes ago, JWL said:

Nothing she can do regarding people travelling to England if the game is played down there. I would however like to receive an explanation on why it is okay to have 500 at a stadium that can hold 2000 and the same number in a stadium that can hold 20k. Doesn't make sense but the SMSM don't seem to question this. I just thought it was a bit of a silly comment from her when thousands of Scots were travelling to England and the last thing on their minds was that daft slogan.

I think the explanation given when the restrictions were brought in was that the concern wasn't about fans being IN a stadium but was more to do with fans travelling TO the stadium. So, in the Scottish Government's view, the risk of 10,000 fans travelling to a 10,000 seat stadium is comparable with 10,000 travelling a 60,000 seat stadium. Don't think they were interested in the capacity of the stadium. 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Apologies if already posted:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/jason-leitch-casts-doubt-over-22704841

Jason Leitch has cast doubt on Scottish football having full crowds back on January 17.

The National Clinical director appeared on radio and suggested that Nicola Sturgeon could keep the restriction in place.

Hibs v Hearts at St James' Park it is then

50,000 fans hit the Toon

Edited by Maroon Sailor

9 hours ago, Percival King said:

I think the explanation given when the restrictions were brought in was that the concern wasn't about fans being IN a stadium but was more to do with fans travelling TO the stadium. So, in the Scottish Government's view, the risk of 10,000 fans travelling to a 10,000 seat stadium is comparable with 10,000 travelling a 60,000 seat stadium. Don't think they were interested in the capacity of the stadium. 

Whilst at the same time ramping up the train service and encouraging shoppers into city centres  for Christmas shopping/festivities. It was lazy science,no thought in it. "need to draw the line somewhere" sums up their respect for Scottish football.

10 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What should she do?

Lift the restrictions. Simples really.

Nicola Sturgeon will signal today that crowds can return to large outdoor sporting events within weeks as Scotland moves towards “learning to live” with coronavirus.

The first minister will discuss plans with her cabinet to allow more fans into football and rugby matches before the Scottish Premiership’s return from its early winter break and the start of the Six Nations rugby tournament and will then address parliament in the afternoon.

It is understood there is still debate between ministers over the date that large outdoor events should return and it is unlikely to include any shift on limits for indoor gatherings or hospitality venues. That is despite Jason Leitch, Scotland’s national clinical director, admitting yesterday that closing nightclubs and cancelling football fixtures had made little difference to Scotland’s case numbers compared with the more liberal regime in England.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Nicola Sturgeon will signal today that crowds can return to large outdoor sporting events within weeks as Scotland moves towards “learning to live” with coronavirus.

The first minister will discuss plans with her cabinet to allow more fans into football and rugby matches before the Scottish Premiership’s return from its early winter break and the start of the Six Nations rugby tournament and will then address parliament in the afternoon.

It is understood there is still debate between ministers over the date that large outdoor events should return and it is unlikely to include any shift on limits for indoor gatherings or hospitality venues. That is despite Jason Leitch, Scotland’s national clinical director, admitting yesterday that closing nightclubs and cancelling football fixtures had made little difference to Scotland’s case numbers compared with the more liberal regime in England.

Where is that from?

7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Thanks 👍 Sounds to me like she is going to announce when we'll get back into grounds but somethings tells me it'll tie in with rugby rather than the end of the winter break.

Fozzyonthefence
51 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Lift the restrictions. Simples really.

Cool.  When do you take over from the dentist?!

To be fair, even he’s admitted the restrictions don’t appear to be making a difference to case numbers so maybe right! 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Cool.  When do you take over from the dentist?!

To be fair, even he’s admitted the restrictions don’t appear to be making a difference to case numbers so maybe right! 

Tomorrow afternoon. My appointment is for 3.15pm

If she only lifts in time for the egg chasers then I would hope that the SFA / SPFL and clubs make a massive noise. Who fills the void with the revenue lost? If we see these to the end of the month, Hearts will lose out on 3 home games and the revenue that brings, one being Celtic which will be a guarantee to sell out. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks 👍 Sounds to me like she is going to announce when we'll get back into grounds but somethings tells me it'll tie in with rugby rather than the end of the winter break.

Unfortunately I think you could be right about restrictions being lifted for the egg-chasing rather than the end of the winter break

I can see them adding another week to the restrictions before allowing it back but with the booster part of the Covid passport required

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

If she only lifts in time for the egg chasers then I would hope that the SFA / SPFL and clubs make a massive noise. Who fills the void with the revenue lost? If we see these to the end of the month, Hearts will lose out on 3 home games and the revenue that brings, one being Celtic which will be a guarantee to sell out. 

The SPFL will only make a fuss if restrictions are still in place for the "greatest game on the entire planet" 

30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The SPFL will only make a fuss if restrictions are still in place for the "greatest game on the entire planet" 

Which they won't be.

Three full cards before that game. 

I'll wager that will be a full house.

The games before it ?

Well...!

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they should limit outdoor crowds to 20,000 for a month or two. 😄

:lol: Would love that

Just now, Boab said:

🤣

👍

Expect a mad rush for boosters over the next few days from the young team !

Going by how they checked the vaccine passports previously probably not a massive need to! 

2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Going by how they checked the vaccine passports previously probably not a massive need to! 

True. Same logistical problems remain.

They've probably done their sums though and will be banking on a spike, of any size, from the low uptake ages.

8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Join the queue near kickoff and you will never get checked.

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

They're Shite and getting found out now, hopefully go down and disappear. 

A bit harsh considering they had the support of every Jambo last May

17 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

A bit harsh considering they had the support of almost every Jambo last May

Ftfy, Tex.

There are still a few who buy into the "good for the city, they're an Edinburgh team" claptrap.

You're right.

St. Johnstone did us a right good turn last season. 

Twice.

Edited by martoon

Fly the Saltire

Nicola Sturgeon confirms no limits on outdoor crowds in Scotland from 17 January. Sport can be played in full stadiums again: "We will begin to lift the measures introduced before Xmas, starting with the removal of attendance limits on live outdoor events from Monday."

#Football

2 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Nicola Sturgeon confirms no limits on outdoor crowds in Scotland from 17 January. Sport can be played in full stadiums again: "We will begin to lift the measures introduced before Xmas, starting with the removal of attendance limits on live outdoor events from Monday."

#Football

Woohooo,flights booked,see ya for the Motherwell game. Only problem is I get my booster tomorrow and the spanish have been slow at updating the passports.

Edited by TypoonJambo

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic