Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )

Maroon Sailor

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

He cheats about as much as a goalkeeper actually can. He cheats even when he doesn’t have to so I can only imagine it’s because he enjoys it. 

Don't think he's got the brains to recognise how ironic his remarks are 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

The McGregor quip could be in response to Ron the Con who stated the same with regards  to playing behind closed doors then put forward the proposal that's sees his club missing out on playing behind closed doors while 6 clubs have to , ****ing embarrassing stuff 

It isn’t.  You’re crediting him with way more intelligence than he has. He’s just a bitter, hun pr1ck.

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s a Rangers paranoia thing.  Laughably they think they were hard done by when the footballing authorities bent over backwards to try and accommodate the then Sevco firstly into the Premiership, then the Championship, before settling for League 2 rather than follow their own rules and wait for 3 years accounts while they started off as a non league club.  

Of course the loyal McGregor was one of the first to do walking away when they supposedly didn’t do walking away.  Couldn’t get away fast enough.🤣

Well said. “Sporting integrity” from an Ibrox employee? Beggars belief. 
As JT suggests, McGregor probably doesn’t have the intelligence to realise the irony in his comments 🤣
Sadly, too many of the “People” will share his feigned sense of injustice. They’re very receptive to dog-whistle sound bites that suggest TRFC are being victimised.

The need for Champions League monies is pressing, made more acute by the looming court judgment expected next June from the action brought by Sports Direct. 

Another question  to SPFL on how they couldn't possibly rearrange another set of fixtures is Burnley are now 4 games and likely soon to be 5 games to have to reschedule after postponements. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Scotland belongs to Rangers"?

:rofl:

It's difficult to know where to start with that claim.

Heart of Midlothian are the, ahem, "quintessential" Scottish club.

The representatives of Scotland's capital city, the surrounding area and anyone else across the country who has the good sense to love the club.

I don’t really follow rugby but was there not big league games impacted by the crowd limit too? It isn’t as if it’s just football and not other sports though football is the biggest. 

19 minutes ago, kila said:

I don’t really follow rugby but was there not big league games impacted by the crowd limit too? It isn’t as if it’s just football and not other sports though football is the biggest. 

Your probably right but from the statements yesterday they just seem to mention the six nations and Scotland. I think people need to realise when they stop crowds at football and rugby, it's not just the clubs who are impacted by the ban. It has a massive knock on effect to hospitality and many other industries. Similarly clubs need time to prepare for getting crowds back in, that's where the SFA and SPFL should be pressing them hard on making a decision. Case number in England are not dissimilar to Scotland where they have no restrictions. I have thought that football isn't a high risk environment for spreading the virus compared to some other areas that remain fully open. 

Edited by PapaShango

The Treasurer
35 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Your probably right but from the statements yesterday they just seem to mention the six nations and Scotland. I think people need to realise when they stop crowds at football and rugby, it's not just the clubs who are impacted by the ban. It has a massive knock on effect to hospitality and many other industries. Similarly clubs need time to prepare for getting crowds back in, that's where the SFA and SPFL should be pressing them hard on making a decision. Case number in England are not dissimilar to Scotland where they have no restrictions. I have thought that football isn't a high risk environment for spreading the virus compared to some other areas that remain fully open. 

Any decision, whether it's to have full crowds or stay as things are, needs to be made by the start of next week at the latest, to allow clubs to organise tickets, hospitality, stewarding etc.

Not to mention supporters making travel arrangements.

We have a cup tie in just over two weeks time and we have no idea if we can attend or not and the club need time to arrange distribution of tickets.

40 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You have at least one Welsh MP saying the Wales 6 nation's should be in Wales and not moved to London as the money it brings in should be spent in Cardiff or other Welsh places rather than England. Just think how busy Edinburgh is during a Scotland match, trying to find a place to eat can be a nightmare as most are fully booked

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You have at least one Welsh MP saying the Wales 6 nation's should be in Wales and not moved to London as the money it brings in should be spent in Cardiff or other Welsh places rather than England. Just think how busy Edinburgh is during a Scotland match, trying to find a place to eat can be a nightmare as most are fully booked

Exactly this. You have hotels etc. who also benefit and it has a knock on effect to the wider community. My wife is a hairdresser and her business nose dived a little over Xmas with people cancelling appointments on the back on Xmas party's being cancelled. It's things like this that people forget about when restrictions are primarily placed on another part of business. Hopefully after her words yesterday of learning to live with the virus, we can get to a point where we see an end to the restrictions. She has scored a massive own goal here and gambled that hospitalisations and deaths would soar in England which in turn would make her decision look the right one. Hasn't happened and now looks as though it is purely political. 

TyphoonJambo
40 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Any decision, whether it's to have full crowds or stay as things are, needs to be made by the start of next week at the latest, to allow clubs to organise tickets, hospitality, stewarding etc.

Not to mention supporters making travel arrangements.

We have a cup tie in just over two weeks time and we have no idea if we can attend or not and the club need time to arrange distribution of tickets.

Im over, with family, for the Motherwell game, fligts and hospitality booked, alongwith kennels for the dogs here,hotel in

Edinburgh et etc. Fingers crossed she makes the correct decision.

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Im over, with family, for the Motherwell game, fligts and hospitality booked, alongwith kennels for the dogs here,hotel in

Edinburgh et etc. Fingers crossed she makes the correct decision.

Certainly hope so

Due to be announced tomorrow that full stadiums back from Monday 17th. So St Johnstone game will be back to as it was before Christmas.

And Talbot tickets should be on-sale soon

7 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Due to be announced tomorrow that full stadiums back from Monday 17th. So St Johnstone game will be back to as it was before Christmas.

And Talbot tickets should be on-sale soon

Where are you hearing this? Not doubting you as I think it's going to be the case. Interesting that Hibs put their cup tickets on sale this morning.

Just now, JWL said:

Where are you hearing this? Not doubting you as I think it's going to be the case. Interesting that Hibs put their cup tickets on sale this morning.

I know someone who works in Scottish Government.

3 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I know someone who works in Scottish Government.

Fair enough, fingers crossed. Actually got tickets for my first Calcutta Cup match. Would have been gutted to have missed out on that.

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

Think I'll wait for the official announcement. 

Call me a cynic !

:tlj:

You're a cynic

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully in to see us batter St Johnstone and send them further into the relegation mire. 

Absolute shite houses that they are. 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Think I'll wait for the official announcement. 

Call me a cynic !

:tlj:

I have heard the same 😍B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

Hopefully true, out of all restrictions, going to the football is the one that I have missed the most. It's not just the game but everything around it. On top of that I had just started taking my boy this season and he had his first season ticket and was loving it before Xmas. 

2 hours ago, JWL said:

Fair enough, fingers crossed. Actually got tickets for my first Calcutta Cup match. Would have been gutted to have missed out on that.

Aw ffs !!

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

I have heard the same 😍B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

🤣

It's win/win for doubters like myself !

I just can't see a full stadium this time next week but will be delighted if I'm wrong !

13 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Fully expect them to extend until the 4th of Feb , can't be upsetting Princess Anne and the rest of the part time rugger buggers

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hopefully in to see us batter St Johnstone and send them further into the relegation mire. 

Absolute shite houses that they are. 

Shite houses?? Cos they beat your mob in cup final🤪

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Shite houses?? Cos they beat your mob in cup final🤪

Aye. 

Nah, because they are honking, always  have been and everybody for some reason loves them. 

Hope they go doon - doon, doon. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Booo. 

But ranger's musing out on ticket money. 

😁

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye. 

Nah, because they are honking, always  have been and everybody for some reason loves them. 

Hope they go doon - doon, doon. 

Double cup winners in a season hardly shite houses. They have also done well in recent seasons and were a bit of a bogey side to us. Anyway the midden are more like the shite houses

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Double cup winners in a season hardly shite houses. They have also done well in recent seasons and were a bit of a bogey side to us. Anyway the midden are more like the shite houses

They're Shite and getting found out now, hopefully go down and disappear. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

They're Shite and getting found out now, hopefully go down and disappear. 

Okey dokey 

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I think he’s just raging that Davidson has won two more major trophies than Neilson!  He can’t handle a diddy team manager being more successful than his beloved “Boab”!  They’ve punched way above their weight for years but teams like that are always going to get relegated eventually (Killie were another one).  They’re way down on my list of teams I’d like to see relegated though.   

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think he’s just raging that Davidson has won two more major trophies than Neilson!  He can’t handle a diddy team manager being more successful than his beloved “Boab”!  They’ve punched way above their weight for years but teams like that are always going to get relegated eventually (Killie were another one).  They’re way down on my list of teams I’d like to see relegated though.   

Correct.

Hibs, Dundee, St Mirren, Motherwell, all ahead of St J.

In fact, Sevco, mhanks, Aberdeen as well come to think of it.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

how are cove getting tickets for a 500 crowd? MAybe they know something we dont

Entitled to 100 tickets out of the 500 crowd though

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Apologies if already posted:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/jason-leitch-casts-doubt-over-22704841

Jason Leitch has cast doubt on Scottish football having full crowds back on January 17.

The National Clinical director appeared on radio and suggested that Nicola Sturgeon could keep the restriction in place.

Who could’ve seen this coming :lol:

If they do extend the restrictions then we are in a right mess, serves scottish football right for voluntarily postponing games. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Entitled to 100 tickets out of the 500 crowd though

If it’s only 500 for Talbot then they won’t give us any tickets. Celtic managed to get a home cup tie with no fans!

Just now, Shanks said:

Who could’ve seen this coming :lol:

If they do extend the restrictions then we are in a right mess, serves scottish football right for voluntarily postponing games. 

I apologise if I have ranted about this from last year but Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming.

The SFA and/or SPFL really needs to grow a pair and stand up for Scottish Football.

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

If it’s only 500 for Talbot then they won’t give us any tickets. Celtic managed to get a home cup tie with no fans!

Correct.  Celtic were nowhere near selling their tickets so we should have got some.

That was a disgrace but Auchinleck would be fair not to give us tickets with that small a crowd.

Edited by frankblack

• davemclaren changed the title to Festive Fixtures - supporters return from 17/1 (updated )
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic