TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

2 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Everyone threatened with homelessness should have a homeless application taken alongside housing options 

An application yes but I can assure you that the homeless team won't act on it until you are actually homeless.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spitonastranger
1 minute ago, graygo said:

An application yes but I can assure you that the homeless team won't act on it until you are actually homeless.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

Maybe for another thread but

Code of guidance4.2 It is important that homeless applications are considered in the overall context of providing a service to those in housing need. Staff should adopt a person-centred approach in order to deliver a response tailored to the needs of the individual applicant. Staff should be aware that where a person has applied for accommodation, or for assistance in obtaining accommodation, and there is reason to believe that they are in fact homeless or threatened with homelessness then inquiries must be carried out to ascertain the duty owed to the household under the homelessness legislation.

Code of guidance 4.4 Local authorities have a duty to provide good quality objective housing advice on a range of housing options of which accessing local authority or housing association accommodation via a homelessness application is one. Staff responsible for dealing with a homelessness application should be trained to ensure provision of such advice. At all times, staff must be aware that if someone is threatened with homelessness within 56 days they should start a homelessness assessment. Staff should ensure that applicants are aware of their legal rights or where they may receive information on these.

I know due to covid some Authorities are insisting that until a notice from the 1st tier tribunal for private lets they will not take an application but this should be challenged. 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Sounds like this will be a good use of space… lucky for us we have enough space available to do this…ideally we should have had a plan for the space before they built the stand.

So if the didn’t have a “plan” they shouldn’t have built the second floor…🙄

10 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Maybe for another thread but

Code of guidance4.2 It is important that homeless applications are considered in the overall context of providing a service to those in housing need. Staff should adopt a person-centred approach in order to deliver a response tailored to the needs of the individual applicant. Staff should be aware that where a person has applied for accommodation, or for assistance in obtaining accommodation, and there is reason to believe that they are in fact homeless or threatened with homelessness then inquiries must be carried out to ascertain the duty owed to the household under the homelessness legislation.

Code of guidance 4.4 Local authorities have a duty to provide good quality objective housing advice on a range of housing options of which accessing local authority or housing association accommodation via a homelessness application is one. Staff responsible for dealing with a homelessness application should be trained to ensure provision of such advice. At all times, staff must be aware that if someone is threatened with homelessness within 56 days they should start a homelessness assessment. Staff should ensure that applicants are aware of their legal rights or where they may receive information on these.

I know due to covid some Authorities are insisting that until a notice from the 1st tier tribunal for private lets they will not take an application but this should be challenged. 

You're last paragraph is the one. I can assure you that East Lothian won't do anything until the first tier tribunal have issued an eviction notice and even then they would insist that you remain in the property for the allowed 14 days afterwards before stepping in. No idea if that is due to Covid or not but was certainly the case last November.

Anyway, you're right this is the wrong place for it. 👍

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

But then the 3rd floor would just fall doon.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They did have a plan. It was meant to be for the club offices but they decided to leave them in the Wheatfield. 

Spitonastranger
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You're last paragraph is the one. I can assure you that East Lothian won't do anything until the first tier tribunal have issued an eviction notice and even then they would insist that you remain in the property for the allowed 14 days afterwards before stepping in. No idea if that is due to Covid or not but was certainly the case last November.

Anyway, you're right this is the wrong place for it. 👍

No bother i know different councils are approaching it differently, have a good day 👍

1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

No bother i know different councils are approaching it differently, have a good day 👍

You too and an even better night. 👍🇵🇪

Just now, XB52 said:

Finally I am ITK. told you a couple of months ago it was to be a hotel. 

You did indeed . 

when are the corners getting filled? 😬

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Will the hotel be open for the Fiorentina match? Can I book now? 

Can’t wait for a sleep over at Tynecastle …

sleep? I’ll be booking in with the wife.

other bucket list item ticked 😳

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Finally I am ITK. told you a couple of months ago it was to be a hotel. 

I knew on the day of the Auchinleck cup tie.

Na,na,na,na, na.

;)

Although that it was only to be 12 rooms.

Meh.

Edited by DETTY29

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

sleep? I’ll be booking in with the wife.

other bucket list item ticked 😳

Aye, they do tend to snore a lot. 

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

A hotel on the 2nd floor it is.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/main-stand-development

Heart of Midlothian can confirm that plans are well underway for the exciting development of the Main Stand second floor at Tynecastle Park.

The club is applying for planning permission for the development of a 22-room boutique hotel, additional hospitality lounges and conference & event space within the second floor.

The hotel rooms and additional conference & events space will give us a unique opportunity to host more events at Tynecastle and also appeal to the millions of visitors that Edinburgh attracts each year as the UK’s second most visited city.

The club has taken time to consider all available options relating to the second floor and we believe this project will provide the best platform to support our ambitious growth plans both on and off the pitch.

We will update supporters on timescales as the planning process stage progresses.

Fantastic. I will 100% be trying to stay there next time I'm through.

I think this will be really popular. We have Hearts fans who travel up for games so likely that when we are playing at home the hotel will likely prove very popular. The novelty will also be there for a lot of fans to stay in the hotel and as others have said, space in Edinburgh hotels can be at a premium when events are on like the Festival and the Hogmany party. This will hopefully generate some additional income for the club out with match day revenue. 

36 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think this will be really popular. We have Hearts fans who travel up for games so likely that when we are playing at home the hotel will likely prove very popular. The novelty will also be there for a lot of fans to stay in the hotel and as others have said, space in Edinburgh hotels can be at a premium when events are on like the Festival and the Hogmany party. This will hopefully generate some additional income for the club out with match day revenue. 

So with cup competitions maybe 20-25 days of the year . Add on another 30 month for the festival. Keep in mind Gorgie is hardly a desirable area for a break , however when it comes to this sort of stuff if anyone will be able to make it turn a profit it will be Budge.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Probably be priced out with most of our reaches, especially at those times of year.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I’m right in there

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Defo for me. Better start saving cos I’m going all inclusive -  hospitality; match; hotel room. Lunch in restaurant next day might be a bit excessive! 

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

It is risky to build anything without knowing what you plan to do with the space. 

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It is risky to build anything without knowing what you plan to do with the space. 

They did know what they were going to do with the space. They just changed their minds. 

18 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Hotel facilities will increase the likelihood of it being used for weddings and conferences 

Exactly. Hold a business summer meeting in Edinburgh, have all your facilities in one place with the novelty of it being in a football stadium to boot.

jamboinglasgow

Is this the start of the Heart of Midlothian Hotel chain.....

Seriously though, sounds a good use of the space and makes sense. A way to get income all year round, and having conference facilities with the hotel allows big bookings. Dont know how they will operate when there is a game on, but will be fascinating to see the planning documents go up to see how it is set out.

6 hours ago, McCrae said:

The fit out of the second floor was a minor issue for the overall development. There was no risk!

3 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

The revenue this project alone will generate is unprecedented.

We should really count ourselves lucky we have who we have in charge! 

Agreed, Anne/Andrew have done an incredible job.

5 hours ago, JohnB said:

I take it we can say tattie-bye to the plaza which will almost certainly have to be converted to a car park.

Am I right in thinking we own the land and building of the old Tynecastle high school?

Realise the building is listed, but potential to turn the surrounding ground into some form of carpark? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

The revenue this project alone will generate is unprecedented.

We should really count ourselves lucky we have who we have in charge! 

Absolutely!!

55 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Am I right in thinking we own the land and building of the old Tynecastle high school?

Realise the building is listed, but potential to turn the surrounding ground into some form of carpark? 

No we don’t own that. 

Finding it difficult to see how a hotel will be a money spinner. What happens about access to the hotel on match days when the place is heaving with fans? What about parking? 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Finding it difficult to see how a hotel will be a money spinner. What happens about access to the hotel on match days when the place is heaving with fans? What about parking? 

Surely if 18000 fans can access the ground 40 guests can access the hotel ?

7 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Easy enough to let guests in through reception it is always quiet there even when there are big queues for the turn styles

Parking is some thing to think about but I expect they have some thing in mind already ……………. maybe an agreement to buy or rent a patch of land from the distillery ? Thankfully public transport is decent though and it’s a twenty minute walk to Waverley and a short jaunt to the trams and buses that go to the airport

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )