TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Fair enough just weird when Hearts supporters use the same patter as Hibs fans to have a pop at the club

I think it was fairly justified no? Over spent on a stand that’s contract was given to a family member. Pretty poor if you ask me 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I think it was fairly justified no? Over spent on a stand that’s contract was given to a family member. Pretty poor if you ask me 

Never seen a job that did not run over budget though and the stand is a huge part of how much higher our turnover now is

May be her brother tendered the best offer

34 minutes ago, kila said:

The student flats have been rejected 

Wow. I didn't expect that. I wonder if Hearts would consider purchasing this with a view to possible future development of the stadium.

48 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

The building will just rot now. 

Something will get approved eventually. The developers might need to cave and include some residential properties in revised plans.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Great news for Hearts.

Club should get a bid in. I’m sure between Mr Anderson and the club something community focused that could benefit the club too. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
On 19/09/2022 at 14:44, tazhearts said:

How will it be before the plans / floorplan is published on the council planning portal?

I am intrigued to see how it's going to be laid out. Surely all 22 rooms won't have a window? 

I'm really looking forward to booking the corner suite.....

::troll::

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
23 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

I stayed at the double tree by Hilton at the MK Dons stadium a few weeks ago it was amazing 

Similar, stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Old Trafford (cricket not football ground).

Open the curtains and you've got a full sized window view onto the pitch.  It was great.

They let out the rooms on match days for £250.

51 minutes ago, OTT said:

Club should get a bid in. I’m sure between Mr Anderson and the club something community focused that could benefit the club too. 

Pretty sure the developers won't be looking to sell. Obviously they would if someone offered loads of money but I don't think that would be in the interests of Hearts unless James Anderson really did fancy funding it himself.

As I mentioned earlier, they will just make revised proposals (probably with a small element of affordable housing) and it will eventually get approved.

On 20/09/2022 at 21:39, Famous 1874 said:

Only the fit out works were “given” to a family member

1 hour ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Similar, stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Old Trafford (cricket not football ground).

Open the curtains and you've got a full sized window view onto the pitch.  It was great.

They let out the rooms on match days for £250.

I think this is where the novelty factor of staying in a football stadium won't have the same effect with us, as the rooms will not have a view of the pitch at all 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
11 hours ago, ericb said:

I think this is where the novelty factor of staying in a football stadium won't have the same effect with us, as the rooms will not have a view of the pitch at all 

Not in the cornerz suites.  Suspended between each of the 4 stands, they'll have ceiling to floor, wall to wall windows looking out at the pitch.

The huge costs of window cleaning will again prove to be Budge's downfall.

12 hours ago, ericb said:

For me outside of match days that seems to be the only pull for revenue.

Take away the convenience for travelling fans on the few dates of the year which that is a factor and maybe some business for the likes of the festival and Hogmany , really what is the draw? Gorgie might be special to us but in reality it does not have much else going for as far as location. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
5 minutes ago, Americana said:

Take away the convenience for travelling fans on the few dates of the year which that is a factor and maybe some business for the likes of the festival and Hogmany , really what is the draw? Gorgie might be special to us but in reality it does not have much else going for as far as location. 

By most capital city standards, it's fairly close to the centre.

I'd imagine a lot of football fans other than Hearts fans might want to stay.

And there's also when things are on at Murrayfield

On 20/09/2022 at 20:49, Jonkel Hoon said:

Any insight as to what the additional hospitality lounges will be? 

Would be nice to have one where you dont need to dress up to some degree

Never felt the need to dress up in the Strongbow lounge. Seen plenty in their hearts tops and last time there were a few in 3/4 lengths troos

14 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

There's nothing quite like getting a great nights sleep, waking up and opening the curtains to glorious sunshine and a game of cricket, then closing the curtains and going straight back to sleep.

The cricket retreat.

On 01/10/2021 at 13:26, kingantti1874 said:

Poor that it will be used for accommodation. Could have been really useful to us in future if we could have got our hands on it . 

Eh ? What would we do with it ? It should be used for accommodation of some sort surely ?

As mentioned above that whole area between Tynecastle and Murrayfield could be a huge opportunity.  It’s a really frustrating place to walk around with dismal underpasses and right angle turns, disappearing pavements and dead-ends.

It should just take 5 minutes to get to Murrayfield tram stop but you have to walk 3 sides of a square to get there.

Is there a reason the Railway Depot has to be there?  Could it not be further out west? Moving it would open up a helluva lot of land.  Get the distillery and pharmaceutical plant moved too and jobs a good ‘un.

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Are you the guy that bought the site?

yep i'm minted i wanted to bring young blood into the area hence the application for student flats which would free up private flats for Social Housing. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

yep i'm minted i wanted to bring young blood into the area hence the application for student flats which would free up private flats for Social Housing. 

Yeah? Why'd you pay £5M?

S1 Developments bought the site were looking to do the refurb, wonder if they will go down another route now that the student accommodation has been kicked into touch. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, PapaShango said:

S1 Developments bought the site were looking to do the refurb, wonder if they will go down another route now that the student accommodation has been kicked into touch. 

Why £5M for a site that was last sold for £500K in 2014?

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Appeal probably.

Arguments didn't favour alternative housing. 

2 hours ago, jambo89 said:

Never felt the need to dress up in the Strongbow lounge. Seen plenty in their hearts tops and last time there were a few in 3/4 lengths troos

To be fair the dress codes in the Gorgie and exec lounges are not to extravagant. No ripped jeans. No away tops.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

If there's parking facilities then it'll do very well. Not many hotels that close to the centre have any. Anyone any idea if parking spaces are likely?

3 hours ago, Americana said:

3 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

There's nothing quite like getting a great nights sleep, waking up and opening the curtains to glorious sunshine and a game of cricket, then closing the curtains and going straight back to sleep.

The cricket retreat.

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If there's parking facilities then it'll do very well. Not many hotels that close to the centre have any. Anyone any idea if parking spaces are likely?

If it was me looking for a room in a comparable city and it was a choice between a generic or purpose built Premier Inn / Best Western and a hotel in a cricket ground or some other place that I had very little interest in the sport itself , I think I would still choose the cricket ground for novelty factor alone 

Edited by Sooks

On 24/08/2021 at 12:58, The Maroon Pound said:

People are being priced out of the cities as central accommodation becomes too expensive for less space, all over the world houses being built on greenbelt land destroying the environment and wildlife with city councils granting planning permission in the first place , people have little choice of cars to commute partially to work as infrastructure is not always in place The clowncils and governments are only interested in the money 

The Green Belt is nearly all agricultural land. There is no more industrial a process than modern farming. There are probably more trees and hedges in a modern suburban estate than in the Green Belt.

3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

The Green Belt is nearly all agricultural land. There is no more industrial a process than modern farming. There are probably more trees and hedges in a modern suburban estate than in the Green Belt.

This is a totally valid point , always makes me roll my eyes when people stroll around vast swathes of over grazed farm land like the pentlands and then talk about how beautiful and natural it looks 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If it was me looking for a room in a comparable city and it was a choice between a generic or purpose built Premier Inn / Best Western and a hotel in a cricket ground or some other place that I had very little interest in the sport itself , I think I would still choose the cricket ground for novelty factor alone 

As has been said before, though, the hotels attached to cricket grounds invariably have views over the cricket ground. Unless Hearts are offering an inclusive tour of the ground I can't see the attraction other than the quality of the facilities offered and its proximity to the centre of Edinburgh. Car parking facilities would be a major factor, though, if that's included in the plans.

It would be good if Hearts/FOH could buy this and turn it into offices and training facilities/community fitness/gym etc.  We'd probably get at least one pitch in there if we knocked down the non listed buildings, sadly it's get wasted on yet more student flats :(

The good thing is, this won’t just appeal to Hearts supporters. If any of you travel for business it’s likely our hotel will be on all the major business travel portals. I think it’ll be very busy and well used!

Parking wise, I’d imagine there will be a small section behind the barrier or behind the Wheatfield.

2 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

The good thing is, this won’t just appeal to Hearts supporters. If any of you travel for business it’s likely our hotel will be on all the major business travel portals. I think it’ll be very busy and well used!

Parking wise, I’d imagine there will be a small section behind the barrier or behind the Wheatfield.

I cant imagine it being priced to compete with the franchise hotel chains and the location is hardly central Edinburgh, not a million miles but why would you choose it over Premier Inn, Jurys Inn etc if you take out the novelty of it being in a football stadium.

Not sure what else they could have done with the space so as long as it turns a profit.

8 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

As has been said before, though, the hotels attached to cricket grounds invariably have views over the cricket ground. Unless Hearts are offering an inclusive tour of the ground I can't see the attraction other than the quality of the facilities offered and its proximity to the centre of Edinburgh. Car parking facilities would be a major factor, though, if that's included in the plans.

Plus the fact you can also host a wedding and function at Tynecastle unlike most basic hotels. This is what Tynietigers says is expected to be the target market and they seem ITK on this 

4 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

However it wont be the best value for a central location when up against the big players in Edinburgh.

Good point about Murrayfield, didnt factor in Egg Chasing and Concerts.

34 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It is maybe just me but i would still rather be somewhere a little more unique and interesting than a soulless generic chain hotel 

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

As mentioned above that whole area between Tynecastle and Murrayfield could be a huge opportunity.  It’s a really frustrating place to walk around with dismal underpasses and right angle turns, disappearing pavements and dead-ends.

It should just take 5 minutes to get to Murrayfield tram stop but you have to walk 3 sides of a square to get there.

Is there a reason the Railway Depot has to be there?  Could it not be further out west? Moving it would open up a helluva lot of land.  Get the distillery and pharmaceutical plant moved too and jobs a good ‘un.

Here is one reason who is going to pay for these three facilities too move would cost hundreds of millions 

2 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Here is one reason who is going to pay for these three facilities too move would cost hundreds of millions 

If it was a community thing then may be Anderson would be interested .................. or a partnership with some one else perhaps 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is maybe just me but i would still rather be somewhere a little more unique and interesting than a soulless generic chain hotel 

Do we know it's going to be a soulless generic chain hotel?

I think we can be certain it's not going to offer fantastic views of Edinburgh or the football pitch, itself, but hopefully it will offer something that most other city centre(ish) hotels don't. I know from what I find most desireable in a city, or town, hotel is that I can park my car in the hotel grounds. I'd rather stay in a soulless Premier Inn at Newcraighall (which I do) where I can park my car, than some pretty hotel in the centre of Edinburgh where I can't. And, of course, for the travelling business/salesman/woman trade, parking will almost be a must. But, hopefully, the proposed hotel will have facilities that the well off traveller will find most desireable and be prepared to pay a premium price for, though I'm not so well versed in such things to be able to suggest what that might be. Who knows, they might be able to offer access to the training/fitness facilities and use the treatment rooms for massages etc (I genuinely mean the proper kind) that many travellers enjoy. Then there's the dining and drinking facilities and perhaps out of festival small productions as well as those performed during the festival to offer. Anyway, we can only guess at what will be on offer and hope that whatever it is it's a success.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )