TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

adambraejambo

Big team big screen. Wee team wee screen.  Just over 88m Squared  rounded it down . Hibs are 59m  squared.  

Edited by adambraejambo

31 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

If we win the league once or possibly even twice in the next 10 years, we will have both the resources and the support needed for a significant expansion.

But we ain't.

14 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Big team big screen. Wee team wee screen.  Just over 88m Squared  rounded it down . Hibs are 59m  squared.  

hibs bought the portable screens then😂

jambostuart
21 hours ago, Thomaso said:

353E5158-9086-45BC-AFBE-D7916C6FE0ED.jpeg

Good enough for CL but not Euro. Mental logic there. 

I assume no issues with our pitch size for Europe?

I have heard the chat about moving to Murrayfield for a glamour tie and disagree completely. Tynecastle is our home and having a rocking atmosphere in our own turf would be special. 

To that end, any development would need to keep that atmosphere what it is. Empty seats and it becomes hollow and pointless

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Smart but on the trusses would have been better IMO.  Probably make installation far more complex however 

Agreed, should have bookended the pitch on both trusses IMO. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Screenshot_20220427-190627_Drive.jpg

Serious questions have to be asked. When did Sean Clare ever score at Hampden against Motherwell? 😂

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I had envisioned that they would be ‘outside’ the stands at the corners but I assume the logistical challenges of that would be too big.  

I'm short sighted as hell, but won't need my specs to make out what is on that screen from my seat in Section S.

16 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Serious questions have to be asked. When did Sean Clare ever score at Hampden against Motherwell? 😂

Motherness Cally 

22 hours ago, Thomaso said:

353E5158-9086-45BC-AFBE-D7916C6FE0ED.jpeg

I raised this major issue with Tynecastle run off areas (or lack of) a whole back and as usual KB style shot down in flames and called a Hobo.

I believe we still have this major issue on our hands regarding European football at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Just imagine how much nicer the screens would look if the gable ends were painted maroon :whistling:

i think that will be a given

2 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

I raised this major issue with Tynecastle run off areas (or lack of) a whole back and as usual KB style shot down in flames and called a Hobo.

I believe we still have this major issue on our hands regarding European football at Tynecastle.

Liverpool seem to manage okay apart from hosting EURO 2028 games.

16 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Liverpool have an exemption for champions league regarding pitch size

18 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

You believe wrong

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

It’s not a case of what you believe .. we won’t though unless you think we will be playing champions league.  If we are ever playing champions league we will enough cash to fix it. 😂 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Liverpool are literally hosting a ucl semi final game tonight... at Anfield.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not a case of what you believe .. we won’t though unless you think we will be playing champions league.  If we are ever playing champions league we will enough cash to fix it. 😂 

Liverpool are also playing in the UCL tonight.

They've played games in the UCL at home  for a good while.

There isn't a issue.

Holyrood_Hearts
59 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Sure it’ll be fine John

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Here is the link

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=RA9OZ0EWIL900&activeTab=summary

Pretty interesting, they also include a breakdown of the costs. It will cost us £170,500.54 for the two screens and £19,841.99 for the control systems. They are being sponsored by ADI (who are installing them) and they are going to be ones that are going to be used at the Birmingham Commonwealth games this summer (where they are new there) then installed at Tynecastle (so they have 3 weeks use in them.) We also recover some cost back from HMRC as part of the Super Deduction scheme.

Worth a look.

Hobos.net take on this - HERTZ IS PUTTIN UP 2 SECOND HAND TELLIES

1 hour ago, FFSJohn said:

No, we don't. 

So.

The screens should cost £352,987 (plus the control equipment)

After the sponsorship, rent back and super deduction they’re costing £170,500.

Not clued up on Stadia LED screens, but on paper, that looks like a cracking bit of business by the club!

3 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

Oh dear, pay attention at the back 🙄 

WheatfieldWarrior
On 25/04/2022 at 07:58, soonbe110 said:

There is only one corner that can be filled I think. Memorial garden, police control box and emergency vehicle access take care of the other three. 

With the current layout, we do use these spaces. 

The memorial Garden could be moved and the Police control Box and vehicle access don't need to be 30 rows tall. 

Not saying we should or shouldn't , just that those things aren't necessarily deal breakers.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

That wasn't Motherwell, he'd scored two against his own mother.

6 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

With the current layout, we do use these spaces. 

The memorial Garden could be moved and the Police control Box and vehicle access don't need to be 30 rows tall. 

Not saying we should or shouldn't , just that those things aren't necessarily deal breakers.

Agreed, but the two corners you mention are very limited in terms of extra seating  possibilities. 

upgotheheads
15 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

The size of our pitch, which is very similar to Liverpool's, is defined by the positioning of the pylons, and we can't move them without major reconstruction. At Liverpool it would just involve removing a couple of rows of seats by the look of it.

Jambo.Craig
On 25/04/2022 at 18:29, Jambo.Craig said:

Don't post here often but I do read Kickback almost every day. 

I couldn't help imagining an extended Wheatfield with impressive views of Edinburgh and the Castle. 

Another 8,000 seats in the Wheatfield would be lovely. 

ExtendedTynie.jpg

Was bored today so decided to upgrade the Roseburn.  It's turning into a mini St James' Park, something I'd love to see.  

FOH and 'Mystery Benefactors' please make something like this happen!

ExtendedTynie2.jpg

FarmerTweedy
On 24/04/2022 at 22:34, soonbe110 said:

We don’t own the land behind Wheatfield and we won’t until the distillery moves which is probably never.  To build a bigger stand on the Wheatfield site requires a much bigger footprint than we currently have. Health and Safety laws rule out us moving closer to elements of the distillery operations. We would have built a bigger stand there if we had been allowed to when we built the Wheatfield stand. 

Surely all of that goes for the school end too?

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Are the student flats still going ahead there, I wonder…

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Jambo.Craig said:

Was bored today so decided to upgrade the Roseburn.  It's turning into a mini St James' Park, something I'd love to see.  

ExtendedTynie2.jpg

It's quite Ibroxy. 

FarmerTweedy
On 24/04/2022 at 22:38, Jambo-Fox said:

Of course they need plans and will have plans …. to grow Hearts on and off the pitch.

Clearly my (attempt at) humour passed you by …. 😃 

I'll be honest, with the level of bampottery on here at times, I think more and more is passing me by! :rolleyes5:

Jambo.Craig
24 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

reb05.jpg

The Wheatfield was limited in depth due to the old warehouses (now demolished) where the NBD pitch is now.  A new Wheatfield could be build further back if we acquired the extra strip of land and yard all the way back to Wheatfield Street.  

We need to acquire some/all of the school to ensure we can build back, although building up and over may be the best approach.  A bit like the Kop at Anfield. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Jambo.Craig said:

reb05.jpg

The Wheatfield was limited in depth due to the old warehouses (now demolished) where the NBD pitch is now.  A new Wheatfield could be build further back if we acquired the extra strip of land and yard all the way back to Wheatfield Street.  

We need to acquire some/all of the school to ensure we can build back, although building up and over may be the best approach.  A bit like the Kop at Anfield. 

If the flats get built on the old school land there will be no building higher there. 

47 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Absolutely but I was responding to the suggestions of building a super high Wheatfield. The land that the old school is on is no longer available to us in any case as planning app is already in for student accommodation.  The distillery site will always be a no-go for us as long as the ethanol tanks are there. We are landlocked and we have what we have with maybe limited scope to grow at two of the corners. 

38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Are the student flats still going ahead there, I wonder…

Yes, planning application is in and due to be passed imminently. 

1 hour ago, Jambo.Craig said:

ExtendedTynie2.jpg

Can’t happen if student accommodation proceeds as it will be way too high. Wheatfield wouldn’t be allowed either due to housing behind it. 

1 hour ago, Jambo.Craig said:

ExtendedTynie2.jpg

Can you do one with a single L-shaped stand (with corner filled) about 3/4 of the height of this to replace the two you've changed. Be interesting to see what that might look like 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Absolutely but I was responding to the suggestions of building a super high Wheatfield. The land that the old school is on is no longer available to us in any case as planning app is already in for student accommodation.  The distillery site will always be a no-go for us as long as the ethanol tanks are there. We are landlocked and we have what we have with maybe limited scope to grow at two of the corners. 

It's not like I was in the room but it's been repeatedly reported that NBD has always been open to moving ethanol tanks and selling unused land so long as they were paid properly for it.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Can’t happen if student accommodation proceeds as it will be way too high. Wheatfield wouldn’t be allowed either due to housing behind it. 

There's an awful lot of room there and the amount of sunlight it would actually block would be minimal given the direction.

johnking123

Guess you could rebuild wheatfield  Gorgie  and Roseburn all at same time and make them cantilever. Then some corners would be filled!

Watt-Zeefuik
33 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Guess you could rebuild wheatfield  Gorgie  and Roseburn all at same time and make them cantilever. Then some corners would be filled!

Did someone say fill the cornets?

Cornet puff | Debic

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The old school end  student accommodation will have problems building flats as they are just as  close to the ethenol tanks ...and will be used 24/7.  So surly  they  will be paying to get them used?

5 hours ago, Jambo.Craig said:

ExtendedTynie2.jpg

30k seater should be the goal 👍

3 hours ago, taylor75 said:

The old school end  student accommodation will have problems building flats as they are just as  close to the ethenol tanks ...and will be used 24/7.  So surly  they  will be paying to get them used?

* moved

August Landmesser
3 hours ago, taylor75 said:

I could be wrong,but I'm sure the problem with the ethanol tanks relates to the number of people at risk if they blow up; 20k in a football stadium is too many to risk, but 500 or so in a block of flats is fine

All this talk of stadium upgrades, It’s actually time we rename a stand I think. The Roseburn should be renamed The John Robertson & Rudi Skacel Stand every time Hibs come it’s on their ticket 😂

5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I could be wrong,but I'm sure the problem with the ethanol tanks relates to the number of people at risk if they blow up; 20k in a football stadium is too many to risk, but 500 or so in a block of flats is fine

If they are building so close to the Roseburn stand I hope they offer to give the stand a wash it’s manky.

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, planning application is in and due to be passed imminently. 

Thought it was knocked back?

8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's quite Ibroxy. 

Which in turn is quite Westfalenstadiony :D 

As much as I don't like Rangers, I do like the design of Ibrox, very classic british football ground - 4 clear stands, that kind of thing, as opposed to one of these wank bowls like the Emirates etc. 

If there were no constraints at Tynie, I'd love to maintain having 4 clear stands and completely forget about filling corners (not that its possible :D). I like the design of the Dick Donald stand up at Aberdeen, that but larger and wider where the Wheafield stand is would be good IMO. 

Richard Donald Stand | 3D Warehouse

I'm sure someone could make that maroon :)  

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )