TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Unknown user
1 minute ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Depending on Euro tournament your playing in, our pitch does not fit regulations!!!

So a move to Murrayfield would have to be considered for these games.

Our ground predates the regulations which is why we get exemptions

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

avhudtheteeshirt
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Our ground predates the regulations which is why we get exemptions

Thanks, never heard that one before???

17 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Depending on Euro tournament your playing in, our pitch does not fit regulations!!!

I'm sure if we can accommodate 20 million seats, we can rectify the pitch situation.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 10/11/2021 at 15:09, davemclaren said:

In the seventies the topic was more about turning the stadium to face away from the pitch. :whistling:

:D

Unknown user
59 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Thanks, never heard that one before???

It used to be the case but I've just looked it up, our pitch is now the minimum it can be for category 1 & 2, 100m X 64m but we wouldn't be allowed to use it in the champions League

Unknown user
1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Champions League only at the moment right?

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

I just want to see my club grow. Have to get It right on the pitch for a good few seasons first granted. But we have to be ready to try create greater revenue and hopefully catch up slightly with old firm. Plus put distance between us and chasing pack. 

Spot on 👍👏

Goldstone Wonder
3 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Another for the never gonna happen ideas - raise the wheatfield roof adding a tier on top, supported by extending the corner pillar towers up the way ⬆️ 

Guildford Jambo’s seat would finally come to pass!

Unknown user
23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can we not dangle at least 500 people around the roof of all the stands???

**** safe standing, I want a hammock!

25k or 30k seater feck it Budge and Anderson will see to it. 

Budge is a proper Hearts Women. 

Anderson feck the rest of Scottish Football, they don't appreciate you like we do. 

Hibs fans faces when they realise we hold everything over them, including a bigger stadium 😂😂 priceless they only thing they can mock us for is the training ground because it's not owned, but there that stupid that Scotland national team uses it, so it's hardly shite 😂😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

A 20k capacity is ideal for us..there isn't that many games that sell out and we've got murrayfield as a fall back if we were to get a big glamour euro tie. I can see us selling 16k+ season tickets this year so there won't be many walk up tickets. 

As I understand it, you can't just decide to switch to a different ground whenever you feel like it. We have to decide on Tynecastle or Murrayfield before the season starts, I think. 

Back of the Bus
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Can we not dangle at least 500 people around the roof of all the stands???

The all new Ann Bungee section. 

Exclusively for PHM. 

3 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Wrong Scotland use it for internationals, not a problem.

7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Wrong Scotland use it for internationals, not a problem.

Only for u21s. Can't be used for full international games as its too small as previously pointed out. 

Bazzas right boot

Should be OK until Bob leaves. 

Once Bob leaves we'll have about 12k folk stampeding to Come back as there wil be no eye bleeding football anymore and they can come out of self exile. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Once Bob leaves we'll have about 12k folk stampeding to Come back as there wil be no eye bleeding football anymore and they can come out of self exile. 

You're persistent, got to give you that. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You're persistent, got to give you that. 

I prefer consistent. Reliable even. 

Under rated qualities imo. 

Did I say 12k? I meant 12.

:jambobanana:

Watt-Zeefuik

There's several issues limiting us at Tynecastle, none of which are absolutely final but many of which are not easy to overcome.

The first, most limiting issue is COMAH regulations from the ethanol tanks at NBDC.

Until we deal with that, we cannot get planning permission to expand Tynecastle by one seat.

So it really doesn't matter about corner stanchions, an expanded Wheatfield, or rebuilding stands. Until that's dealt with, we can't do anything.

The last time we approached them in the aughts, the cost to the club was between £1-2m to help NBDC move its infrastructure. I can only assume that's gone up to £3-4m by now. So there's a big cost that has to get sunk in before we can even think about doing anything, but it's also not beyond the realm of possibility.

Okay, so AFTER we deal with the ethanol, because we have to deal with the ethanol before we do anything . . .

In any deal with NBDC I would hope that skooching the community pitch that they own towards the west would be possible, since it's just empty land on the other side. If that happens, we have a lot of room behind the Wheatfield to redevelop.

However, given that that would inherently involve changing the roof stanchions, and the Roseburn and Gorgie stands are getting up in age on their projected life spans at construction (which I think was 30-40 years IIRC), it probably makes sense to rebuild or at least do a re-fit on all three at once.

My hope is we could get up to 26k or maybe even 30k, with an extra tall Wheatfield that looked over the Main at the castle. That's probably a £30-40m project all told with ethanol remediation, demo, land aquisition, and so forth. Totally worth it at some point, but probably 10 years off at least.

17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You are so predictable and BORING. 

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I prefer consistent. Reliable even. 

Under rated qualities imo. 

Did I say 12k? I meant 12.

:jambobanana:

:lol: have a good yin mate. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

There's several issues limiting us at Tynecastle, none of which are absolutely final but many of which are not easy to overcome.

The first, most limiting issue is COMAH regulations from the ethanol tanks at NBDC.

Until we deal with that, we cannot get planning permission to expand Tynecastle by one seat.

So it really doesn't matter about corner stanchions, an expanded Wheatfield, or rebuilding stands. Until that's dealt with, we can't do anything.

The last time we approached them in the aughts, the cost to the club was between £1-2m to help NBDC move its infrastructure. I can only assume that's gone up to £3-4m by now. So there's a big cost that has to get sunk in before we can even think about doing anything, but it's also not beyond the realm of possibility.

Okay, so AFTER we deal with the ethanol, because we have to deal with the ethanol before we do anything . . .

In any deal with NBDC I would hope that skooching the community pitch that they own towards the west would be possible, since it's just empty land on the other side. If that happens, we have a lot of room behind the Wheatfield to redevelop.

However, given that that would inherently involve changing the roof stanchions, and the Roseburn and Gorgie stands are getting up in age on their projected life spans at construction (which I think was 30-40 years IIRC), it probably makes sense to rebuild or at least do a re-fit on all three at once.

My hope is we could get up to 26k or maybe even 30k, with an extra tall Wheatfield that looked over the Main at the castle. That's probably a £30-40m project all told with ethanol remediation, demo, land aquisition, and so forth. Totally worth it at some point, but probably 10 years off at least.

Given that scope of work Probably mean a move to Murrayfield for a season as well. 

Bazzas right boot

:lol: have a good yin mate. 

He prefers consistent, reliable even ;)

You too. 

😜

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

You are so predictable and BORING. 

Like the eye bleeding football? 

upgotheheads
4 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

What would be holding up the roofs of the end stands at this point?

The existing four corner stanchions hold up the existing four stand hangers. In effect the two cantilevers I described would just replace the two Mcleod street stanchions so they would replicate their function. I'm not a structural Engineer but if you look at the four existing stanchions they are not particularly massive, which makes me think that the weight they are holding is not so much as to be an insurmountable problem

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He prefers consistent, reliable even ;)

I think his Mrs may have taken his toys off him again hence his silly posting 😂

33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Given that scope of work Probably mean a move to Murrayfield for a season as well. 

Yes cos Murrayfield is sitting there empty waiting to be used 

Watt-Zeefuik
53 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Possibly not a whole season but I would guess part of a season, the same way the Main stand did, and probably more than half of it.

Not bad to contemplate, but I think for the next decade roughly we should just enjoy the beautiful stadium we currently have!

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Possibly not a whole season but I would guess part of a season, the same way the Main stand did, and probably more than half of it.

Not bad to contemplate, but I think for the next decade roughly we should just enjoy the beautiful stadium we currently have!

I’m not expecting any further significant development stadiumwise in my lifetime. Maybe ‘big screens’ soon though. 

7 hours ago, Locky said:

Some will still want us playing European games at Murrayfield.

We get someone like Man Utd in the Europa League groups I wouldn’t be surprised if they did play it over at Murrayfield.

Watt-Zeefuik
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not expecting any further significant development stadiumwise in my lifetime. Maybe ‘big screens’ soon though. 

TMK something will have to be done to the three non-main stands at some point because their lifespan wasn't that long when they were put up, given that they were prefab easy-up jobs. Maybe they're tougher than expected if maintained well and there's things you can do to reinforce them.

If we have a run of years of European group stages and get our noses into some title challenges during that time, the money and demand may make it work out for us. I'm expecting it will be something like a 3-4k waiting list for season tickets that will trigger an expansion. So obviously not yet, but it's conceivable given the way our attendance has grown steadily for 30-40 years.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

TMK something will have to be done to the three non-main stands at some point because their lifespan wasn't that long when they were put up, given that they were prefab easy-up jobs. Maybe they're tougher than expected if maintained well and there's things you can do to reinforce them.

If we have a run of years of European group stages and get our noses into some title challenges during that time, the money and demand may make it work out for us. I'm expecting it will be something like a 3-4k waiting list for season tickets that will trigger an expansion. So obviously not yet, but it's conceivable given the way our attendance has grown steadily for 30-40 years.

I think the supposed short lifespan of the 3 older stands is an urban myth. A good 30 years of life left in them I reckon. 

I’m sure there are strategic plans in place to incrementally increase the capacity to meet demand, 25,000, 30,000, 35,000, 40,000 etc! Where there’s a will there’s a way!

And if there are no plans then I’ve 3 words to share … ‘sack the board’!

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m sure there are strategic plans in place to incrementally increase the capacity to meet demand, 25,000, 30,000, 35,000, 40,000 etc! Where there’s a will there’s a way!

And if there are no plans then I’ve 3 words to share … ‘sack the board’!

:cornette_dog:

2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

We get someone like Man Utd in the Europa League groups I wouldn’t be surprised if they did play it over at Murrayfield.

Much more sensible to play it at tynie and charge £50/60 per ticket.  Likely to win on and off the park with that approach. 

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

But it hasn’t has it?  At the moment we can’t/don’t sell out home fan seats other than games against the OF and the wee team. The urban myth is that we are growing the fan base - we may be growing the number of season tickets sold but not a lot of evidence that the actual number of people attending our games is growing significantly. If we just make the call now that away fans, all of them, only get two sections of Roseburn we have loads of capacity for all games. Might change in the future but none of us know what’s going to happen. 

Famous 1874

Anyone who wants Hibs allocation cut at Tynecastle clearly does not go Hibs away. Don’t want to ruin the derby like the OF have.

I think the club have said that a new training ground is the priority so I guess that will limit new stadium improvements excluding the ones still not completed in the new main stand. 

Also, **** European games at Murrayfield. Shite atmosphere and a far less chance of winning. 

47 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Anyone who wants Hibs allocation cut at Tynecastle clearly does not go Hibs away. Don’t want to ruin the derby like the OF have.

I think the club have said that a new training ground is the priority so I guess that will limit new stadium improvements excluding the ones still not completed in the new main stand. 

Also, **** European games at Murrayfield. Shite atmosphere and a far less chance of winning. 

I go to Hibs away but I would cut their allocation if it meant we sold more season tickets to Hearts supporters ……….. even if they took the huff and refused us the whole end they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face as they do not have the same size of support and stadium to deal with

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

I think big screens on the end trusses like the ones at Watford would be a good investment.

I very much like the idea of this! on the Gorgie and Roseburn. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Hesh said:

Yes cos Murrayfield is sitting there empty waiting to be used 

News flash...

We have used it before while we had Tynecastle upgraded.

With that in mind, we could probably use it again.

It's not that big a leap.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

I think big screens on the end trusses like the ones at Watford would be a good investment.

With the club confirming at the AGM Presentation last month that the screens will be in place early on next season, will be fascinating to see if they put it as you suggest as part of the truss for the Gorgie and Roseburn stands, or do they do what they suggested before with it added the sides of Wheatfield and main stand.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

If we base any decision that stops Hearts fans seeing us around upsetting hibs then we have made the wrong decision.

If we cut their allocation out of spite then that is wrong, but if we cut it to make sure more Hearts fans can see Hearts then that is a 100% justifiable decision.

If Hibs  retaliate out of spite then that is their issue.

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

What if we sell the three main stands and some of the Roseburn to season ticket sales? I understand the sentiment - and if hibs grudge us for that, fine - but we look after our own first. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

The drugs are strong on this thread.

We don't need any further expansion at Tynecastle.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )