TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, planning application is in and due to be passed imminently. 

If we cant expand then we wont ever be a big club again...our maximum is around 19k currently

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Which in turn is quite Westfalenstadiony :D 

As much as I don't like Rangers, I do like the design of Ibrox, very classic british football ground - 4 clear stands, that kind of thing, as opposed to one of these wank bowls like the Emirates etc. 

If there were no constraints at Tynie, I'd love to maintain having 4 clear stands and completely forget about filling corners (not that its possible :D). I like the design of the Dick Donald stand up at Aberdeen, that but larger and wider where the Wheafield stand is would be good IMO. 

Richard Donald Stand | 3D Warehouse

I'm sure someone could make that maroon :)  

Yeah, I like Ibrox too.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Which in turn is quite Westfalenstadiony :D 

As much as I don't like Rangers, I do like the design of Ibrox, very classic british football ground - 4 clear stands, that kind of thing, as opposed to one of these wank bowls like the Emirates etc. 

If there were no constraints at Tynie, I'd love to maintain having 4 clear stands and completely forget about filling corners (not that its possible :D). I like the design of the Dick Donald stand up at Aberdeen, that but larger and wider where the Wheafield stand is would be good IMO. 

Richard Donald Stand | 3D Warehouse

I'm sure someone could make that maroon :)  

DONE

♥️♥️♥️♥️

B50957C0-A44F-4CAF-9546-D3995F1083FB.jpeg

Worthing Jambo
58 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

If we cant expand then we wont ever be a big club again...our maximum is around 19k currently

Don’t need to.

Just need control of the match day rights.

Tens of thousands of fans of clubs in England that have never been near the stadium. Maybe not the same scale in Scotland but would add a few thousand.

Grow the virtual attendance.

Probably drive up the cost of actually attending a game though due to demand.

Need to have a consistent challenge and European football to get there.

Maybe then reach a point where expansion or moving becomes a necessity.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

When was the last time we were a ‘big club’?

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thought provoking question!

Answer(s)

♥️ Most recently when we filled half of Hampden to beat Hibs in the 2022 SC Semi

♥️ Consistently in the 1950s 

jamtartan74
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Big club in Gorgie.      ☑️
Big club in Edinburgh ☑️
Big club in Midlothian ☑️
Big club in Scotland.   ☑️
Big club in Britain.       🤔☑️
Big club in Europe.      

Big club in the world  

Big club to me?            ☑️ 
Absolutely, there ain’t no bigger club than the mighty Jam Tarts 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻  

So there is your answer Dave and anything else you say is wrong so there 😁

Watt-Zeefuik
23 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I could be wrong,but I'm sure the problem with the ethanol tanks relates to the number of people at risk if they blow up; 20k in a football stadium is too many to risk, but 500 or so in a block of flats is fine

It's mostly not a matter of how many people it's okay to blow up, although the aggregate risk thing gets in there too. The main stumbling block for Tynecastle is how quickly you can evacuate people in the case of something bad.

Regardless of when it happens, it's a whole lot easier to evacuate 500 people at any time of day than it is to evacuate 20k people if it happens on a Saturday at 4 PM.

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

It's mostly not a matter of how many people it's okay to blow up, although the aggregate risk thing gets in there too. The main stumbling block for Tynecastle is how quickly you can evacuate people in the case of something bad.

Regardless of when it happens, it's a whole lot easier to evacuate 500 people at any time of day than it is to evacuate 20k people if it happens on a Saturday at 4 PM.

Hehe, yeah that makes more sense, and sounds much more humane!

I knew it was something to do with numbers/risk, but couldn't remember the detail...

Watt-Zeefuik

I don't really follow the EPL much at all, but Everton is the closest I've come. They had several American internationals there over the years so I got intrigued and at least followed them a bit for a while, before my interest got completely taken by Hearts.

I'm a little sad to see Goodison come down, as it has many of the things I like about Tynecastle—four intimate stands, fans close to the pitch, lots of noise, etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/30/survival-of-everton-and-lampard-may-hinge-on-creaking-goodison-park

When I imagine what a new Wheatfield would look like, it's often something like either of the two touchline stands at Goodison.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, August Landmesser said:

Hehe, yeah that makes more sense, and sounds much more humane!

I knew it was something to do with numbers/risk, but couldn't remember the detail...

Yeah, it's not totally brutalist utilitarian! :thumb:

6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I don't really follow the EPL much at all, but Everton is the closest I've come. They had several American internationals there over the years so I got intrigued and at least followed them a bit for a while, before my interest got completely taken by Hearts.

I'm a little sad to see Goodison come down, as it has many of the things I like about Tynecastle—four intimate stands, fans close to the pitch, lots of noise, etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/30/survival-of-everton-and-lampard-may-hinge-on-creaking-goodison-park

When I imagine what a new Wheatfield would look like, it's often something like either of the two touchline stands at Goodison.

The only good thing I’ve seen at Goodison was Drew Busby scoring the winning goal in the Texaco Cup!

And the only decent thing Goodison Park has in common with Tynecastle Park is the word  ‘Park’!!! 😉 

• 1 month later...

I predict that our ground will be full next season....The club seems more interested in a training facility at 25 million rather than extending tyncastle. Very odd..

davemclaren
Just now, chrisyboy7 said:

I predict that our ground will be full next season....The club seems more interested in a training facility at 25 million rather than extending tyncastle. Very odd..

There may well be a good reason for that which has been discussed countless times. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

There may well be a good reason for that which has been discussed countless times. 

nope....we can train there for many years. If we increase our fan base then i would think this should always come first.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

nope....we can train there for many years. If we increase our fan base then i would think this should always come first.

I’m more referring to the clear and obvious constraints around any stadium expansion. 

8 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

If by that you mean full every home game, well there will have to be an additional 4 or 5 thousand tickets sold per game, i don't see where that's coming from.

11 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The corners should've been filled in years ago.

Percival King
On 29/04/2022 at 21:30, Stu_HMFC said:

All this talk of stadium upgrades, It’s actually time we rename a stand I think. The Roseburn should be renamed The John Robertson & Rudi Skacel Stand every time Hibs come it’s on their ticket 😂

Just come across this, this is a brilliant idea. Petty, but brilliant.

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Are... Are you suggesting that the club extend Tynecastle before the start of next season?

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We need to be selling out the ground consistently for a number of years before we even start to think about increasing the capacity, with the cost that would involve 

4 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Are... Are you suggesting that the club extend Tynecastle before the start of next season?

Are yoiu pished.?

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

We need to be selling out the ground consistently for a number of years before we even start to think about increasing the capacity, with the cost that would involve 

Surely you are best to build it first......

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Surely you are best to build it first......

The cost involved I would say better to create the demand first. 

We need to get to a point where there is a waiting list for season tickets. 

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later 

I think Tynie is maxed out unless there is significant changes to the distillery! The money involved to gain very little in actual gained capacity also makes it a no go for me! I think the  idea to look at a new training ground makes perfect sense as I’m sure they will look at land around it as well for a potential stadium move in the future if the clubs outgrows Tynie but for me that’s way way down the line! 

33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The cost involved I would say better to create the demand first. 

We need to get to a point where there is a waiting list for season tickets. 

Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later 

If Robbie and Savage keep delivering on the football side, I can see us getting there pretty quick. 

The bonus here is that we've shifted 12k season tickets already, and we're not even at the general sale point yet. This could be a very good year for us off the park. 

I suppose my issue with creating demand first is that you need to be able to sustain it, or you lose it as quickly as you created it. We had waiting lists in 2005 IIRC ? but because Vlad couldn't sustain that level of investment, the wheels fell off and demand faltered. The flip side of this is that under Budges leadership the average attendance has grown throughout her tenure which is proving that there is demand and its rising. 

I would like the club to speak up about the Roseburn end, there shouldn't be student flats going in there, its ridiculous and landlocks us on that side. Tynecastle is the heart beat of Gorgie and sustains so many local businesses. I think the club needs to get quite aggressive in defending its future at Tynecastle, and that future is in jeopardy with student flats going up there. Yes, absolutely there are a myriad of problems at our current site (Community pitch, Distillery, School being listed, flats too close to Gorgie end) , but the club shouldn't be standing idly by as another is put up. 

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

If Robbie and Savage keep delivering on the football side, I can see us getting there pretty quick. 

The bonus here is that we've shifted 12k season tickets already, and we're not even at the general sale point yet. This could be a very good year for us off the park. 

I suppose my issue with creating demand first is that you need to be able to sustain it, or you lose it as quickly as you created it. We had waiting lists in 2005 IIRC ? but because Vlad couldn't sustain that level of investment, the wheels fell off and demand faltered. The flip side of this is that under Budges leadership the average attendance has grown throughout her tenure which is proving that there is demand and its rising. 

I would like the club to speak up about the Roseburn end, there shouldn't be student flats going in there, its ridiculous and landlocks us on that side. Tynecastle is the heart beat of Gorgie and sustains so many local businesses. I think the club needs to get quite aggressive in defending its future at Tynecastle, and that future is in jeopardy with student flats going up there. Yes, absolutely there are a myriad of problems at our current site (Community pitch, Distillery, School being listed, flats too close to Gorgie end) , but the club shouldn't be standing idly by as another is put up. 

Can't argue with anything you say 

Does anybody have an idea as to how the flat developers of the old Tynecastle School building are getting around the Health and Safety regulations that apply to the distillery's ethanol storage tanks?  Are they using the changes made when the new Tynecastle stand was built to act as a precedent?  Must be more than that as flats have a 24/7 occupancy as opposed to a football stadium which is, maybe, used once or twice a week. 

Percival King
13 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Does anybody have an idea as to how the flat developers of the old Tynecastle School building are getting around the Health and Safety regulations that apply to the distillery's ethanol storage tanks?  Are they using the changes made when the new Tynecastle stand was built to act as a precedent?  Must be more than that as flats have a 24/7 occupancy as opposed to a football stadium which is, maybe, used once or twice a week. 

Don't know but I remember being at a presentation or AGM where Chris Robinson explained why it would be easier to get planning permission to build flats on Tynecastle than it would be to get permission to, I think, develop the main stand. I can't remember the detail but I remember thinking it odd that the bar seemed lower for flats which could have folk in the round the clock. 

heartsfc_fan
22 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Purely guessing. It would be less risk with 200 people inside a building (flats) as opposed to 20,000 outside?

14 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Purely guessing. It would be less risk with 200 people inside a building (flats) as opposed to 20,000 outside?

Probably. The club should still be protesting it in the strongest possible terms. Even just to frustrate the process. We don’t need or want student flats there. 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Fair comment but the 20,000 are only there for a short time and are, in the main(!) wide awake to dangers.  

Flats full of sleeping students on a nightly basis 365 days a year are a whole different risk factor when dealing with a potential chemical leak. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Probably. The club should still be protesting it in the strongest possible terms. Even just to frustrate the process. We don’t need or want student flats there. 

We don’t own the land, do we want to piss off our neighbours, the distillery, who do own it ( and let us use the community pitch ). if we can’t come up with the funds to buy it then we can only object as a neighbour. 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

Fair comment but the 20,000 are only there for a short time and are, in the main(!) wide awake to dangers.  

Flats full of sleeping students on a nightly basis 365 days a year are a whole different risk factor when dealing with a potential chemical leak. 

Don't disagree.

The whole thing is cloudy. While Tynecastle is "land locked" up to a point, there is a big space behind the Wheatfield stand for redevelopment.

gorgie rd eh11
8 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I predict certain people will try and find a negative to hold on to.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

We could just stop the ridiculous no go sections (bottom of away end beside the cat flap) and put bums on seats for extra revenue during Cat A games.

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We could just stop the ridiculous no go sections (bottom of away end beside the cat flap) and put bums on seats for extra revenue during Cat A games.

Ahhhh the delicious irony of ikkle Pwincess Hissy Fit talking of extra revenue for the club.

:rofl:

davemclaren
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

That empty section may well be at the request of the police. It’s ridiculous that supporters can’t behave themselves enough so as not to warrant it. 

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That empty section may well be at the request of the police. It’s ridiculous that supporters can’t behave themselves enough so as not to warrant it. 

I thought that but seemingly it is the club. Away fans can be front row in all their sections bar that. There is also a massive gap to our fans. It makes no sense.

davemclaren
50 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I thought that but seemingly it is the club. Away fans can be front row in all their sections bar that. There is also a massive gap to our fans. It makes no sense.

Fair enough. I assume it’s there to reduce ‘missile exchanges’ or other nefarious behaviours. 😎

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. I assume it’s there to reduce ‘missile exchanges’ or other nefarious behaviours. 😎

Something needs to be done, you're a total thug at times Dave.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Something needs to be done, you're a total thug at times Dave.

Some netting might work. 

Small tweaks to the stadium could give us a lots more seats made available.

1, getting rid of the second tunnel in the Wheatfield stand and putting back the seats +50 

2, restricted views in the new stand section T, move the aisle right next to the cable end, gaining +26 

3, Gorgie stand sections below the hospitality area has a double aisle below it that’s not required x2 gain + 24 

4, move the new dug outs closer to each other, losing an aisle closet to the tunnel +40 

5 ,top of the Wheatfield housing radio commentary, build something within the floodlights similar to the police box + 10

Gaining 150 seats at least 

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some netting might work. 

6, Nets between section N and Section G from the Roseburn would stop the need for empty seats as Dave suggests 

hopefully this makes sense, 

with europe this year it would be an ideal time to introduce the changes and increase the capacity, 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

I've not seen or heard anything for a while about the two giant screens we are supposed to be getting.

I would have thought that the work to install them was scheduled to start shortly after the last home game at Tynecastle.  

To my knowledge Hearts haven't announced anything about the screens yet.  Perhaps the planning permission was rejected or they aren't getting installed for the start of the season? 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

I've not seen or heard anything for a while about the two giant screens we are supposed to be getting.

I would have thought that the work to install them was scheduled to start shortly after the last home game at Tynecastle.  

To my knowledge Hearts haven't announced anything about the screens yet.  Perhaps the planning permission was rejected or they aren't getting installed for the start of the season? 

I thought we were getting them from the Commonwealth games stadium once the event is over?

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Not ITK here and by no means an expert but (at a guess) we’ll be taking the screen & the full installation kit, cables, brackets, anchors etc from the games site once they are finished so, there’s nothing (major) to prepare just yet as all the kit and accessories are not getting shipped up to us until later (August I heard).

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

The stadium will have a different feel with the screens up

any idea when the screens actually go up ? Are we expecting it befor the season starts? 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

any idea when the screens actually go up ? Are we expecting it befor the season starts? 

As far as I have seen, it won't be before the season starts but will be done early in the season

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )