Latecomers to Matches

McGlynn The Money

Just now, jonesy said:

When Cathro was in charge I brought my own blindfold, despite arriving promptly at 2.45pm every week. Helped me better to fantasise about the innovative attacking football we were supposed to be playing under the Dundonian dweeb.

One thing i will never understand is the 45mins at Dens.., some of the best football iv ever seen us play then 💥

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• McGlynn The Money

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Didn't Cowie and/or Paterson get clattered and then it all turned to shit?

But yeah, hell of a 45 minutes. Loved it... We've got Ian Cathro, we've got...

Possibly  , i think most of us have attempted to purge all but that and the 4-1 , 3-0 week out of our memories

Edited by sadj

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

One thing i will never understand is the 45mins at Dens.., some of the best football iv ever seen us play then 💥

21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Didn't Cowie and/or Paterson get clattered and then it all turned to shit?

But yeah, hell of a 45 minutes. Loved it... We've got Ian Cathro, we've got...

Cowie got absolutely flattened and had to be carried off.  But I agree, up until that point the football was great, though I think Dundee made some changes at half time, too.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Very good questions. Obviously my suggestion will require some refinement over time. For example, yes, folk would be allowed to give excuses, but if the excuse is deemed insufficient, then an extra 5 minutes would be added on to the time wearing the blindfold. Otherwise folk would just appeal for no good reason!

We'll obviously need a system where innocent attendees who weren't able to arrive on time are exempt. However, not being able to actually enquire about it for fear of offending, it'll be an entirely honour based system.

I can't see any flaws.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

We'll obviously need a system where innocent attendees who weren't able to arrive on time are exempt. However, not being able to actually enquire about it for fear of offending, it'll be an entirely honour based system.

I can't see any flaws.

Breathalyser. That’d keep the chancers at bay. 

3 hours ago, Haken said:

Cowie got absolutely flattened and had to be carried off.  But I agree, up until that point the football was great, though I think Dundee made some changes at half time, too.

Cowie got totally wiped out in the penalty box, and yet the referee deemed it no penalty. Only he will ever know why.

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Cowie got totally wiped out in the penalty box, and yet the referee deemed it no penalty. Only he will ever know why.

Sliding doors moment , pen given 14-0 ahead , cathro leads us to a league and cup double as the press embrace him instead of ridiculing him for not being one of the old guard type managers

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Breathalyser. That’d keep the chancers at bay. 

I was just thinking have our own special steward on who can decide whats right and wrong

Just now, sadj said:

I was just thinking have our own special steward on who can decide whats right and wrong

Someone with a track record of reporting people 😏

On 26/10/2021 at 11:09, McGlynn The Money said:

A habitual problem but now the club and vaccine checks are getting the blame.

The fact is that most folk are late because they want that one last pint or nip before heading to the ground. Let's be honest, pubs are open until late so you can more than make up for it after the game. The actual football match takes place in a finite timescale.

It's inconsiderate for the folk in your row and those behind as you barge in late, no please or thank you and absolutely never an apology. Stop being so selfish and ignorant and arrive at Tynecastle in good time.

Thanks.

Wow

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I can't see any flaws.

I'm going to produce an app that people can download to their phones. Put an end to all this once and for all.

3 hours ago, sadj said:

It’s a job for Hamilton Bond.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 26/10/2021 at 13:05, luckydug said:

I'd love to know where J4E sits. 

Someone must know him. 

Famous 5 at Festering Road.

Couldn't be helped last night it seemed. First time I can remember that I've been outside while the game kicks off. Left the house at 1825 and got in to the game about 2 minutes before they scored. 

The queue on the dual carraigeway followed by in the car park was crazy and tbh probably led to my frustration throughout the entire match and then afterwards. 

What a horrible place to visit. 11 years. Tattiefield. 2 points dropped. 

2 hours ago, 151 said:

Couldn't be helped last night it seemed. First time I can remember that I've been outside while the game kicks off. Left the house at 1825 and got in to the game about 2 minutes before they scored. 

The queue on the dual carraigeway followed by in the car park was crazy and tbh probably led to my frustration throughout the entire match and then afterwards. 

What a horrible place to visit. 11 years. Tattiefield. 2 points dropped. 

I'm due you an apology.

Sorry 👍

2 hours ago, 151 said:

No worries mate thanks for the apology. 

Not at all.

It was just one of these nights!

31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not at all.

It was just one of these nights!

Yip. And as i say, alot of my frustration about the result was actually pre-loaded with anger from the queueing on the road, and at the turnstiles - it was just a shite night in general for me :lol:

1 minute ago, 151 said:

Yip. And as i say, alot of my frustration about the result was actually pre-loaded with anger from the queueing on the road, and at the turnstiles - it was just a shite night in general for me :lol:

Traffic was a nightmare. I left boomtown at 17:30 and got to my seat 5 minutes before ko.