Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• McGlynn The Money

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Good for you. In your case, the later you arrive and the earlier you leave would be better for everyone.

A lot of those qualify as valid reasons which, as I've already said, I have no problem with.

Asking folk to arrive on time for an event which only lasts a couple of hours is not telling them what to do. Folk don't turn up for the cinema, weddings or funerals half an hour late so why is it to be accepted at the football?

So you have no problem with someone arriving 5 mins into the game due to a number of genuine reasons and leaving early for the same genuine reasons ?

You won’t have a problem letting them by you both times ?

Question is, how will you know ?

Do you ask them if they are a selfish prick, and if so, do you still have all your teeth ?

😄

Edited by Boab

36 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

This has always been the case.  The two guys that sat in front of me:

- always came late

- went for a pee during the first half

- went for a pie 5 min before HT

- went for a pee during the second half 

- usually left 2 min before FT

It could have been worse, they could have sat in my row and I had to stand to let them out.

Does it annoy me, YES.  Do I complain, NO.  It is all part of my matchday experience.

Thank f they don’t serve booze, they’d be out and back for a beer in the first half and the same in the second, maybe with an extra pee needed

1 minute ago, Boab said:

So you have no problem with someone arriving 5 mins into the game due to a number of genuine reasons and leaving early for the same genuine reasons ?

Do you ask them if they are a selfish prick, and if so, do you still have all your teeth ?

😄

I’ve heard people near me say right I’m off to the pub -  not a good enough excuse to leave early 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ve heard people near me say right I’m off to the pub -  not a good enough excuse to leave early 

No point bleating about it on here.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Sounds a pretty good excuse to me!

Can't say it bothers me. I don't mind missing the first 5 if I choose to leave the pub at 10 to 3. In fact I'd completely understand if there was a small queue to get in and wouldn't be overly fussy as I'd chosen to leave at the time. Like others say haven't really had issues getting in the main stand.

Just now, kila said:

Never had an issue getting into the new stand. The new turnstiles work well, plenty of them too. 

Same here 👍

Although I arrive early and leave late

I'm not one for hurrying. 

The only trouble with latecomers in our row is the people who are likely new to the MS .  They get halfway along a row and then discover they are in the wrong row. 

Easy done if you are new to the Stand. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why is it not a good enough excuse? Cos you said so? Why do you care anyway, I couldn’t give a toss what others around me, except my family member who sits next to me, thinks or does at the game. Do you also shush people and tut loudly at the game?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

😄

I was at hospitality a long while back and, for some reason, our seats were just above the walkway in Section A. Hearts were a goal down and some guys were leaving and, as Hearts got a corner, they decided to stand in front of us. They got a mouthful of alcohol inspired abuse from me which almost resulted in a fight. 😄

It does grind my gears though when folk decide to leave then stop as they have suddenly changed their mind. 🥸

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The queue for the wheatfield was mental on Saturday went right the way back to sainsbury's. Folk to start lining up at breakfast time

2.10pm walked straight through. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I was at hospitality a long while back and, for some reason, our seats were just above the walkway in Section A. Hearts were a goal down and some guys were leaving and, as Hearts got a corner, they decided to stand in front of us. They got a mouthful of alcohol inspired abuse from me which almost resulted in a fight. 😄

It does grind my gears though when folk decide to leave then stop as they have suddenly changed their mind. 🥸

Had a few encounters when I was in Row 9 of Sec G. It was normal for punters to stand at the exit and there always a bit of “ banter. “

As I say, it was done on the premises, not on here !

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

One of my pet hates outside football

in the pub or any kind of social gathering is the ditherers. 

That's me away then, fifteen minutes later still standing there coat on and making sure everyone gets to know that they are 'away then' 

Bye then 😁

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do you then take it upon yourself to self police this rule you've made up?

Person A to Person B with 5mins to play: "right mate I'm off to the boozer. See you next week"

J4E overhears conversation

Person A to J4E: "'scuse me"

J4E: "Where do you think you're going? I will not have you obscure my view so that you can go to the pub, sit back down now."

2 minutes ago, FTH said:

Do you then take it upon yourself to self police this rule you've made up?

Person A to Person B with 5mins to play: "right mate I'm off to the boozer. See you next week"

J4E overhears conversation

Person A to J4E: "'scuse me"

J4E: "Where do you think you're going? I will not have you obscure my view so that you can go to the pub, sit back down now."

😂

No chance !

You have to remember that for a lot of folk the game itself is inconsequential - the main point of ‘going to football’ is to get away from the wife / girlfriend and have drinks with mates. 

Hence turning up late, vanishing for 25 minutes at half time and leaving before full time. 

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

You have to remember that for a lot of folk the game itself is inconsequential - the main point of ‘going to football’ is to get away from the wife / girlfriend and have drinks with mates. 

Hence turning up late, vanishing for 25 minutes at half time and leaving before full time. 

Not very fair on those of us who want to not have to have their view blocked 

1 minute ago, skinnybob72 said:

I think this is certainly true for some. 

The Bannon Flick

The argument of making the stadium experience better to attract folk in earlier would make a slight difference but would never eradicate the issue altogether - folk are always going to be in the pub or working late so this will never go away unfortunately.

I've always thought that having a huge licenced bar within the ground, showing the early kick-off games etc and only being accessible if you have a season ticket (in order to monitor any bad behaviour) would be a great revenue generator. It could only be achievable with the loosening of licencing laws so will probably never happen but would be tremendous. You could have it under the Wheatfield or Roseburn potentially. Other licenced premises around the ground might not be quite so keen for this idea I guess but I think it would be brilliant. Could be open every lunchtime on matchday at Tynecastle, and even for a couple of hours afterwards.

That said, folk would still be late to their seat due to finishing their pints - or running to the toilet more 😃

21 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Have you ever watched Hearts play? Its definitely a good reason

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not very fair on those of us who want to not have to have their view blocked 

You do know the world is not perfect? If you want an uninterrupted view watch it on tv and donate your weekly/monthly ticket value to FoH. Its part and parcel of going to the football , going to the cinema etc. Its hardly an inconvenience.

I gave you plenty of reasons it could be done which as with every point made to you that you don’t like you ignore and focus on trying to push your agenda. 

Answer a question just for once.

Is it ok for people to leave due to wanting to avoid being stuck in traffic or due to concerns with their anxiety? 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

You do know the world is not perfect? If you want an uninterrupted view watch it on tv and donate your weekly/monthly ticket value to FoH. Its part and parcel of going to the football , going to the cinema etc. Its hardly an inconvenience.

I gave you plenty of reasons it could be done which as with every point made to you that you don’t like you ignore and focus on trying to push your agenda. 

Answer a question just for once.

Is it ok for people to leave due to wanting to avoid being stuck in traffic or due to concerns with their anxiety? 

Yes some reasons are valid and acceptable 

wanting to go to pub isn’t 

See when people begin to understand you can enter via any turnstyle there won't be massive queues. If you drink in the tynie arms for example but sit in the wheatfield why not enter via the main stand and walk round the concourse. Just a suggestion. 

PS i continue to squeeze one last pint in and turn up 14:55.

I don’t like turning up late to the games but that’s just me, however I couldn’t care when folk walk into the match, being 5 mins or 35 mins late. Surely that’s their decision. I get my “view blocked” more with people getting up to go to the toilet or go for a pie more than I do with folk coming in late

Niemi’s gloves
35 minutes ago, luckydug said:

😂😂😂

Those were the days. 

J4E would have been charged for wanting police time as there were very few if any stewards then just the Cops. 

Who's that man wi the helmet oan ? 

Dixon, Dixon, Dixon of Dock Green 

etc etc😂

Ah memories👍

Ah, the  old Dixon song. I think the cops loved that one. Flattered their sense of manhood!!

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yes some reasons are valid and acceptable 

wanting to go to pub isn’t 

So what reasons are acceptable? 

Going to the pub is part of some peoples day out , for some its the only social contact they will have with friends. Is it then ok for them to go or have they to give that up because you don’t want to be inconvenienced for 10secs? What if that is their only outlet to look after their mental health by leaving a couple of minutes early and going to the pub with a few friends?

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It spoils it for those of us who have their view blocked by people arriving late and leaving early 

That’s a shame. Where’s your seat?

King Of The Cat Cafe

And then there's the people who can't read their tickets.  Sitting in D on Saturday when two blokes squeezed past to get to their seats in the same row.

A couple of minutes later they wanted past again since their seats were actually in E.

Not the first time it has happened, either.

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I don’t like turning up late to the games but that’s just me, however I couldn’t care when folk walk into the match, being 5 mins or 35 mins late. Surely that’s their decision. I get my “view blocked” more with people getting up to go to the toilet or go for a pie more than I do with folk coming in late

Indeed , Only time im ever late to my seat is when Im in Hospo. I dont leave early but I can understand folk doing it , esp those in the younger age groups or the older age groups

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

So what reasons are acceptable? 

Going to the pub is part of some peoples day out , for some its the only social contact they will have with friends. Is it then ok for them to go or have they to give that up because you don’t want to be inconvenienced for 10secs? What if that is their only outlet to look after their mental health by leaving a couple of minutes esrly and going to the pub with a few friends?

To be fair, the pub will still be there if they held on for a few minutes 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

To be fair, the pub will still be there if they held on for a few minutes 🤷‍♀️

Missing the point though aren’t you?

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

Awaitng the 'Fans should really dress much better' thread with eager anticipation

shoes only , no football colours 

45 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You don’t need an excuse to leave early, you can just leave and that’s you away. 

The guy in front of me brought his wee lassie on Saturday. Should have seen her, she was on her phone for almost the whole game! Aye, she might have been about 5 but that’s no excuse. Get her banned!

Jack Torrance

Kids nowadays don't know how lucky they are. When I where a lad we didn't even have a seat. 😆

Edited by Jack Torrance

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

The guy in front of me brought his wee lassie on Saturday. Should have seen her, she was on her phone for almost the whole game! Aye, she might have been about 5 but that’s no excuse. Get her banned!

Hope someone reported her. What a twit, bet she left early to go to the pub as well. 

Just now, Jack Torrance said:

Kids nowadays don't know how lucky they are. When I were a lad we didn't even have a seat. 😆

Didn't event get a ticket half the time, just launched over the turnstiles... 🤣🤣

McGlynn The Money
44 minutes ago, Boab said:

😄

It's usually quite easy to distinguish. Those with genuine reasons are polite, apologetic and pass quickly, trying to cause as little inconvenience to their fellow fans as possible.

Those without a genuine reason are usually reeking of booze, knuckles dragging across the floor and extremely red/purple in the face, making their way to and from their suit at their own pace, trying to watch the match and shouting to their mates in other rows. They are the lowest of the low.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You don’t need an excuse to leave early, you can just leave and that’s you away. 

Imagine people stood outside with a clipboard “can one ask why you are leaving early?”

Love to see the indignant responses and the number of **** offs 🤣

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

How the **** did she get reception 🤨😮 thats what Id like to know. 

Just now, sadj said:

Imagine people stood outside with a clipboard “can one ask why you are leaving early?”

Love to see the indignant responses and the number of **** offs 🤣

How the **** did she get reception 🤨😮 thats what Id like to know. 

I get decent reception with Vodafone. Had problems when I was with EE. 

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It's usually quite easy to distinguish. Those with genuine reasons are polite, apologetic and pass quickly, trying to cause as little inconvenience to their fellow fans as possible.

Those without a genuine reason are usually reeking of booze, knuckles dragging across the floor and extremely red/purple in the face, making their way to and from their suit at their own pace, trying to watch the match and shouting to their mates in other rows. They are the lowest of the low.

The only thing that gets my goat is folk who are going past you but stop, right in front of you of something interesting happens on the pitch. That is the really nippy thing.