Latecomers to Matches

McGlynn The Money

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It's usually quite easy to distinguish. Those with genuine reasons are polite, apologetic and pass quickly, trying to cause as little inconvenience to their fellow fans as possible.

Those without a genuine reason are usually reeking of booze, knuckles dragging across the floor and extremely red/purple in the face, making their way to and from their suit at their own pace, trying to watch the match and shouting to their mates in other rows. They are the lowest of the low.

I have never at any football ground seen that 🤨 shouting to their mates in different rows? 🤔

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• McGlynn The Money

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I get decent reception with Vodafone. Had problems when I was with EE. 

Im o2 i always have a good reception and can never get on any site at all.

You know for when the games not exciting and I can’t leave yet as Im not allowed.

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He’s not 

Edit: Actually what is the point because as far as I can see its you and one other complaining about people being people and maybe but maybe not causing you inconvenience at the very end of a game by making you miss a split second of action

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Good for you. In your case, the later you arrive and the earlier you leave would be better for everyone.

A lot of those qualify as valid reasons which, as I've already said, I have no problem with.

Asking folk to arrive on time for an event which only lasts a couple of hours is not telling them what to do. Folk don't turn up for the cinema, weddings or funerals half an hour late so why is it to be accepted at the football?

:laugh2: fair play, you've hooked a few!

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

So what reasons are acceptable? 

Going to the pub is part of some peoples day out , for some its the only social contact they will have with friends. Is it then ok for them to go or have they to give that up because you don’t want to be inconvenienced for 10secs? What if that is their only outlet to look after their mental health by leaving a couple of minutes early and going to the pub with a few friends?

If it was for the mental health only they should know that alcohol is a depressant

the pub will still be there if they wait another 10 mins mate 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I have never at any football ground seen that 🤨 shouting to their mates in different rows? 🤔

I’ve done that. 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

A habitual problem but now the club and vaccine checks are getting the blame.

The fact is that most folk are late because they want that one last pint or nip before heading to the ground. Let's be honest, pubs are open until late so you can more than make up for it after the game. The actual football match takes place in a finite timescale.

It's inconsiderate for the folk in your row and those behind as you barge in late, no please or thank you and absolutely never an apology. Stop being so selfish and ignorant and arrive at Tynecastle in good time.

Thanks.

Dont get me started. Finally got back to my own seat against Dundee. I'd forgotten about the prick that sits in the same row. Arrives 10 minutes into the game every match. 15 minutes later he's away for a pie. Back 10 minutes before half time. Away at half time and arrives back 5 or 10 minutes into the second half. Then f**** off 10 minutes before the end. 5 or 6 times every game the whole row has to get up for this prick.

Of course transport etc means people will be late occasionally but this guy doesn't give a toss. 

I think I’ll start going for a pish more now, just to see if the Hearts sewing society rustle their sweetie wrappers a bit louder. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’ve done that. 

The shouting at your mates or dragging your knuckles 😉🤣

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If it was for the mental health only they should know that alcohol is a depressant

the pub will still be there if they wait another 10 mins mate 

Don’t use the word mate. That suggests there isnt an utter disdain for your positions on most things.  You can also go to a pub without drinking but you know that obvs doesn’t compute with you. 

Iv told you why maybe waiting that 10mins isnt necessarily suitable for them. You’ve such a simplistic view on things. Its not aways black and white in life

Just now, Restonbabe said:

This has potential.... 

🤣

42 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not very fair on those of us who want to not have to have their view blocked 

You're making out like it takes 5 minutes for someone to get past you. It takes about 5 seconds and if you really want you can definitely maneuver yourself so you don't miss any of the game. Moaning for moanings sake, shut the f up man.

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I think I’ll start going for a pish more now, just to see if the Hearts sewing society rustle their sweetie wrappers a bit louder. 

Stadium pals under every seat thats a ST holder 

Just now, sadj said:

The shouting at your mates or dragging your knuckles 😉🤣

🤣

Bit of both probably 😀. When I was at the top row in the bottom section of A, my brother and his family were about halfway up the top section of A. Could easily here him if it was a quiet game. Good chance for a catch up.

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agree 100%

also don’t leave before the final

Whistle

You don’t go to the cinema and leave before the end of the film do you 

I have left a cinema before the end of the film on more than one occasion, if i`m not happy with what i`m watching then i`ll leave. If any body has a problem with that, tough s**t.

I'd like to know where some of these posters sit, so I can buy the seat next to them, dress "badly", turn up late, decide I need a pish, sit back down, get up to go for a pie, sit back down, remember I forgot to buy a drink and get back up again, sit back down, oops need another pish, sit back down, disappear 5 minutes before half time, and then repeat the process again in the second half.

I suspect I'd need access to their living room to do so though. 

12 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It's usually quite easy to distinguish. Those with genuine reasons are polite, apologetic and pass quickly, trying to cause as little inconvenience to their fellow fans as possible.

Those without a genuine reason are usually reeking of booze, knuckles dragging across the floor and extremely red/purple in the face, making their way to and from their suit at their own pace, trying to watch the match and shouting to their mates in other rows. They are the lowest of the low.

Sounds like a wild section. Thank goodness I'm in with the good guys...who like a drink...and a piss !

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Only hooked if you fail to see the very obvious tag team wind up.

It's no a tag team, JiH just lives for stuff like this and can't resist jumping in

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I'd like to know where some of these posters sit, so I can buy the seat next to them, dress "badly", turn up late, decide I need a pish, sit back down, get up to go for a pie, sit back down, remember I forgot to buy a drink and get back up again, sit back down, oops need another pish, sit back down, disappear 5 minutes before half time, and then repeat the process again in the second half.

🤣

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Bit of both probably 😀. When I was at the top row in the bottom section of A, my brother and his family were about halfway up the top section of A. Could easily here him if it was a quiet game. Good chance for a catch up.

**** there is more than one of you 😧😧😧

Edited by sadj

McGlynn The Money
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

So you take exception to that but not them being described as "the lowest of the low"? Fair enough.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's no a tag team, JiH just lives for stuff like this and can't resist jumping in

Exactly. I was making a slightly serious point in a tongue in cheek way, no tag team involved.

Some people agree with me and some ignorant, selfish *******s clearly don't care about their fellow fans.

McGlynn The Money
40 minutes ago, sadj said:

So what reasons are acceptable? 

Going to the pub is part of some peoples day out , for some its the only social contact they will have with friends. Is it then ok for them to go or have they to give that up because you don’t want to be inconvenienced for 10secs? What if that is their only outlet to look after their mental health by leaving a couple of minutes early and going to the pub with a few friends?

They can have plenty of social interaction with their friends in the pub before the game and after. Crazy but some pubs are open well into the night! You won't believe this but they could even carry on this vitally important interaction with their friends as they walk to the ground (arriving in good time of course) and they can even sit next to them inside the stadium. How cool is that? 

For some people, watching a game of football is vital to their mental health and something they've missed during the pandemic. No doubt they're enjoyment is impacted by ignorant people shuffling back and forwards every 2 minutes.

14 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exactly. I was making a slightly serious point in a tongue in cheek way, no tag team involved.

Some people agree with me and some ignorant, selfish *******s clearly don't care about their fellow fans.

There's an irony above if you look hard enough !

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, sadj said:

I’m going to agree with him here, section P and my row in particular has all that. I’m the only the one that likes the moving around a lot 😆

McGlynn The Money

There's an irony above if you look hard enough !

That was kind of the point... Obviously way over your head.

:facepalm:

32 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sometimes I just come for halftime and then leave. 

Not this season but that can sometimes be the best part of the match. 

Pasquale for King

One guy in particular in my old seat used to tap me on the arm from behind to get in the row, I did mention I didn’t have eyes in the back of my head but a simple excuse me was way too much to ask. 
Similar to a guy in my row now that sits 3 or 4 seats from the stairs on the other side but comes in and goes to the toilet out our side. 
Nothing as weird as folk. 

The Ultimate Worrier

Not quite on topic but reminds me of a chap I used to sit beside him. At first I thought he was a right grumpy sod but in the end we got on really well.

Anyway, I remember one game just as it was approaching half-time he stood up to stretch his legs or something, dunno if he'd come down with cramp. The folk behind him were going nuts but he seemed totally oblivious and didn't sit back down until he was good and ready. Bizarre but very funny at the same time.

Remarkable that people can be so intolerant of others, especially given everything that we’ve been through in the past 18 months. 

Someone could be late due to transport issues or because their blood sugars were low and they had to stop and have something sweet.

Someone could need to head to the toilet during the game due to prostate issues. Having had my dad go through prostate cancer, I know just how often it can make you need to go. 

Someone could leave early due

to an issue with childcare or because it’s the difference between waiting another hour for a train.

Grow a thicker skin and/or develop some empathy and understanding for other people. 

Edited by Alex Kintner

McGlynn The Money
8 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Remarkable that people can be so intolerant of others, especially given everything that we’ve been through in the past 18 months. 

Someone could be late due to transport issues or because their blood sugars were low and they had to stop and have something sweet.

Someone could need to head to the toilet during the game due to prostate issues. Having had my dad go through prostate cancer, I know just how often it can make you need to go. 

to an issue with childcare or because it’s the difference between waiting another hour for a train.

Grow a thicker skin and/or develop some empathy and understanding for other people. 

As I said mate, was being a bit tongue in cheek and mainly aimed at folk who turn up late because they can't drag themselves out of the pub. Of course there are perfectly good reasons and I have every sympathy for them.

Ah, I get it. An admission that you are a selfish ignorant ******* then ?

Ironic satire ! 

I like it ! Carry on...!

You don't really get subtlety do you? Getting there though so full marks for trying.

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

One guy in particular in my old seat used to tap me on the arm from behind to get in the row, I did mention I didn’t have eyes in the back of my head but a simple excuse me was way too much to ask. 
Similar to a guy in my row now that sits 3 or 4 seats from the stairs on the other side but comes in and goes to the toilet out our side. 
Nothing as weird as folk. 

That really pisses me off too. A few folk who always come in late or just before kick off. Not a please or thank you and like you say, they expect you to have eyes in the back of your head.

5 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That really pisses me off too. A few folk who always come in late or just before kick off. Not a please or thank you and like you say, they expect you to have eyes in the back of your head.

Maybe just me but Iv never had anyone go past either direction and not say thank you or words to that effect. That would piss me off , people coming and going doesn’t. 

I get what you are saying above but it doesn’t always work like that. Each circumstance is different to lump everyone together as bad eggs or ignorant and selfish because they move about or don’t agree with you 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

As I said mate, was being a bit tongue in cheek and mainly aimed at folk who turn up late because they can't drag themselves out of the pub. Of course there are perfectly good reasons and I have every sympathy for them.

You don't really get subtlety do you? Getting there though so full marks for trying.

Leaving aside our little spat, surely that's the point of any dissent you are receiving here. Someone, who you could have sympathy with, could arrive late, or leave early, and be rude with it. You've said so above.

What about very polite pub goers ?

Where do they stand here ?

If it's tongue in cheek, why get really pissed off about it ?

In the old stand there was a young boy in the row in front who always got up to go to the toilet some time around midway through the first half. We were always happy to see him on the move because it meant we were about to score. The number of goals he missed was incredible, and I sometimes wonder if he did it out of superstition because he always returned with a smile on his face.  

Ainsley Harriott
23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Exactly I have a son that always needs a poo just before we leave usually resulting in missing the bus we originally planned to get 

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Leaving aside our little spat, surely that's the point of any dissent you are receiving here. Someone, who you could have sympathy with, could arrive late, or leave early, and be rude with it. You've said so above.

What about very polite pub goers ?

Where do they stand here ?

If it's tongue in cheek, why get really pissed off about it ?

I think you are way overthinking this my friend and taking it far too literally.

One thing I'm sure of is thank goodness I don't sit next to you.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Maybe just me but Iv never had anyone go past either direction and not say thank you or words to that effect. That would piss me off , people coming and going doesn’t. 

I get what you are saying above but it doesn’t always work like that. Each circumstance is different to lump everyone together as bad eggs or ignorant and selfish because they move about or don’t agree with you 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes, manners cost nothing.

Of course each circumstance is different and people have very good reasons for being late. 

Edited by McGlynn The Money

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

🤣🤣🤣.... and then realise you're in the wrong row?

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly I have a son that always needs a poo just before we leave usually resulting in missing the bus we originally planned to get 

Too much information.

I’d love to know how some on here would have got on when folk changed ends at halftime and with everyone standing you had to hope the guy who stood in front of you wasn’t too tall😊

15 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I think you are way overthinking this my friend and taking it far too literally.

One thing I'm sure of is thank goodness I don't sit next to you.

Yes, manners cost nothing.

Of course each circumstance is different and people have very good reasons for being late. 

The feeling is mutual. 

My seat is at the end of a row and people come and go regularly. I don't expect a please and thank you every time, it's a football stadium ffs, and I don't miss a second of the game because of it. 

Tyne castle is a broad church but, man, there are some moaning-faced characters among them.

Good day.

I reckon if we were sitting 5th or 6th in the table this thread wouldn't exist. Gotta find something to moan about when we are doing well.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

The feeling is mutual. 

My seat is at the end of a row and people come and go regularly. I don't expect a please and thank you every time, it's a football stadium ffs, and I don't miss a second of the game because of it. 

Tyne castle is a broad church but, man, there are some moaning-faced characters among them.

Good day.

"I'm at the end of a row so I'm fine, stuff everybody else."

That's just typical of you.

25 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

😂👍🏻