Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• McGlynn The Money

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Might move there next season. I don’t mind the hustle and bustle of a football stand and something more pleasing on the eye is always a good thing. 

Na thats way to close to me….

4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Honestly 😐

There us not words , I suppose at least you can get away with it online. Ifl youd get swiftly walloped

Maybe the OP and that other nerd should always make sure their ST or match tickets are bang in the centre of a row.  That way nobody will pass them during the match and and wont be inconvenienced for 2 seconds.  I'm assuming they actually go to matches but I doubt it.

Thought this might be an interesting discussion but within a few posts we've got someone comparing it to leaving the cinema early 😂😂

It doesn't surprise me that poster stays and watches the credits tbf.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Flexing yer muscles at the hot WAG’s. I know your game. 

🤣

Don’t give my secrets away. 

Just now, Costanza said:

Sorry, late to this thread, can someone sum up what's gone on so far please?

MtM - people are selfish if they want you to move , tongue in cheek but sort of serious

JiH get to your seats early , Hearts fans are bad , don’t leave early its wrong

Everyone else - lol and do as you like but be polite 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

MtM - people are selfish if they want you to move , tongue in cheek but sort of serious

😄 👍

McGlynn The Money
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Dunno about the main stand but the club confirmed recently that entry can made through the Gorgie Road entrance. 

Why people are choosing to wait at the Wheatfield entrance is a mystery. 

Perhaps it's part of their match day experience so they can have a good moan😏

Using the Gorgie entrance would be the sensible thing that to do but sadly one or two of our support are not the brightest. Exhibit A below.

46 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Maybe the OP and that other nerd should always make sure their ST or match tickets are bang in the centre of a row.  That way nobody will pass them during the match and and wont be inconvenienced for 2 seconds.  I'm assuming they actually go to matches but I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Excellent summary. The OP was definitely more tongue in cheek than serious though. I'm second row from the back in the main stand so the whole back and forward thing is not really an issue. There's no way folk are making that journey more than once unless strictly necessary.

I seem to have provoked a lively and typically good natured Kickback debate though so really happy about that.

31 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Sorry, late to this thread, can someone sum up what's gone on so far please?

MtM and JiH don’t have any friends to go the the pub with before games and are jealous of those that do

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You don’t go to the cinema and leave before the end of the film do you 

How do you know what people do on a trip to the cinema?

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not when fans can’t be trusted to behave 

You're not for real.

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

MtM and JiH don’t have any friends to go the the pub with before games and are jealous of those that do

:spoton:

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’ve got a new friend now though. Sure there are some good pubs in Hamilton. 

At least some good has come out of all this then.

5 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Nothing better than turning up 15 minutes late, absolutely reeking, stumbling up the stairs very near to crawling and checking out the miseries who know they're going to be standing up at least twice more before half time and occasionally getting a tongue in the ear on the way past. It's what the match day experience is all about.

To be fair we’re probably a lot better since the fans bar opened as they kick us out a bit early 😂👍🏻

1 hour ago, jambo_No5 said:

I have to say, this gave me a good belly laugh, thanks. All of a sudden, the last few posts on this thread have put me in a good mood, somehow. I am now going away from here and out to the real world while the going is good. 

10 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Done my head in Saturday. Saw someone come at 3 30!😂

my late father used to regularly back in the day as he worked until 1415 . we used to get the train in and he met us at half time before driving us home 

What about human rights, and GDPR. What about traffic jams, Tesco delivery is late, got to do this or that? 

Best see the doc for some blood pressure pills!

9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ve heard people near me say right I’m off to the pub -  not a good enough excuse to leave early 

You have the distinct disadvantage of ‘the pub’ being in Hamilton.  Therefore, your point is a good one.

Who are you to decide what ‘excuse’ is required to leave a game?

9 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’ve heard people near me say right I’m off to the pub -  not a good enough excuse to leave early 

Fair enough. It was your birthday party so can understand why you were so angry at your family.

10 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You don’t go to the cinema and leave before the end of the film do you 

Not true m8.

I left Escape To Victory when the Germans scored their fourth goal. 

No way were that ragtag team of Allied prisoners of war coming back from that.

Fire_At_The_Disco

2.59 is plenty of time to leave the pub, whiz round to wheatfield and jump in the front of the massive queue, then up to my seat shoving past all the middle class as I go. 3-30, up for a pish and a pie then sit at half time wishing hit the bar win a car was still a thing. 4-20…2nd in-match pish, back to seat till 90 then in the pub for f-t. 

2 hours ago, jambo_No5 said:

😄 A pity as no one gets up and walks in front of you in the pub 

5 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I’m a bit late to this thread.

Hope that doesn’t inconvenience anyone.

Wersha been!? Now everyone has to stand up fur ye.😀

Maroon Sailor

You are sat in your seat with a good 15 minutes to kick off and the row in front is empty. Game starts - great, happy days. You look at the aisles and see 2 x 6ft plus beefcakes climbing up it with tickets in their hands looking for their seats and you just know the are going to sit in the seats directly in front of you.

43 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You are sat in your seat with a good 15 minutes to kick off and the row in front is empty. Game starts - great, happy days. You look at the aisles and see 2 x 6ft plus beefcakes climbing up it with tickets in their hands looking for their seats and you just know the are going to sit in the seats directly in front of you.

This sounds like a fantasy of yours…..😃

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

This sounds like a fantasy of yours…..😃

Sounds like it's your fantasy 🤣

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Sounds like it's your fantasy 🤣

I’m always late for games. Thankfully being a beefcake myself no one ever moans to my face. 

😂

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m always late for games. Thankfully being a beefcake myself no one ever moans to my face. 

😂

Obviously don't sit in front of J4E then 🤣

PPV for me tonight but it's not about whether I'll be in my seat in time for kick off, but whether I'll have woken up in time after my after tea nap!

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

PPV for me tonight but it's not about whether I'll be in my seat in time for kick off, but whether I'll have woken up in time after my after tea nap!

Same here. 

I hope I can get the dishes finished in time 😏

I think it would be a good idea for blindfolds to be handed to all those who arrive after 3pm. Not to be put on straight away, that would be stupid as it would take longer for them to find their seats and they would inconvenience even more people. However once they've arrived in their seat, they have to put on the blindfold for the same number of minutes that they were late by. We could fix up an AI system to the CCTV to monitor compliance. We would also have to find another punishment for blind supporters who are late because wearing a blindfold would obviously not inconvenience them that much.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think it would be a good idea for blindfolds to be handed to all those who arrive after 3pm. Not to be put on straight away, that would be stupid as it would take longer for them to find their seats and they would inconvenience even more people. However once they've arrived in their seat, they have to put on the blindfold for the same number of minutes that they were late by. We could fix up an AI system to the CCTV to monitor compliance. We would also have to find another punishment for blind supporters who are late because wearing a blindfold would obviously not inconvenience them that much.

What if they come with a carer? If they do does the carer get blindfolded so its double jeopardy? Does it depend on whos fault it is? What if they have a good excuse? If they dont shouldn’t we just wait til HT then send them blindfolded on to the pitch to fight to the death? 

Just now, sadj said:

What if they come with a carer? If they do does the carer get blindfolded so its double jeopardy? Does it depend on whos fault it is? What if they have a good excuse? If they dont shouldn’t we just wait til HT then send them blindfolded on to the pitch to fight to the death? 

Very good questions. Obviously my suggestion will require some refinement over time. For example, yes, folk would be allowed to give excuses, but if the excuse is deemed insufficient, then an extra 5 minutes would be added on to the time wearing the blindfold. Otherwise folk would just appeal for no good reason!

16 hours ago, luckydug said:

I think we can all guess what 

J4E favourite hobby is 🎣 

That’s for sure, and unfortunately he gets a lot of bites.