Latecomers to Matches

McGlynn The Money

McGlynn The Money

A habitual problem but now the club and vaccine checks are getting the blame.

The fact is that most folk are late because they want that one last pint or nip before heading to the ground. Let's be honest, pubs are open until late so you can more than make up for it after the game. The actual football match takes place in a finite timescale.

It's inconsiderate for the folk in your row and those behind as you barge in late, no please or thank you and absolutely never an apology. Stop being so selfish and ignorant and arrive at Tynecastle in good time.

Thanks.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• McGlynn The Money

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Rhyst93 said:

Get a life

Get there on time.

2 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Done my head in Saturday. Saw someone come at 3 30!😂

Unbelievable. Probably expected kick off to be held back for them too!

Radical suggestion but why not have things in the ground to encourage people to come in early? Something as simple as TVs showing the lunchtime games would even make a difference to get people in earlier. 

Obviously being able to have a pint in the ground would also help with this but I don’t hold out much hope on that front. 

36 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The fact is that most folk are late because they want that one last pint or nip before heading to the ground. Let's be honest, pubs are open until late so you can more than make up for it after the game. The actual football match takes place in a finite timescale.

It's inconsiderate for the folk in your row and those behind as you barge in late, no please or thank you and absolutely never an apology. Stop being so selfish and ignorant and arrive at Tynecastle in good time.

Thanks.

Agree 100%

also don’t leave before the final

Whistle

You don’t go to the cinema and leave before the end of the film do you 

4 minutes ago, frasermck11 said:

Radical suggestion but why not have things in the ground to encourage people to come in early? Something as simple as TVs showing the lunchtime games would even make a difference to get people in earlier. 

Obviously being able to have a pint in the ground would also help with this but I don’t hold out much hope on that front. 

Not when fans can’t be trusted to behave 

I like to stay in the pub until quite late and aim to be in my seat for a few minutes to three. As it's my saturday I'll just keep doing that. My seat is one from the end though so don't have to bother anyone when I'm late.

40 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Thanks.

What a load of drivel. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I like to stay in the pub until quite late and aim to be in my seat for a few minutes to three. As it's my saturday I'll just keep doing that. My seat is one from the end though so don't have to bother anyone when I'm late.

Why not get there earlier?

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

What a load of drivel. 

It is.

Absolute drivel.

Get there early, sit down, don’t move till full time, aye, that’ll work.

McGlynn The Money
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agree 100%

Whistle

Absolutely spot on mate. 

Ainsley Harriott

The queue for the wheatfield was mental on Saturday went right the way back to sainsbury's. Folk to start lining up at breakfast time

Clark Griswold
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Agree 100%

Whistle

I do leave before the end of the subtitles though. Technically the film is still rolling. 

Do you ever have anything positive to say? 

AlphonseCapone

Is it really that big a deal? I say that as someone that never misses kick off but I don't see being at the football like being at the cinema, folk come and go a lot more, always been the case. Not sure if folk have always complained about it but it feels like folk are increasingly wanting attendance at the football to be highly formalised and like a trip to the cinema. Silence included. 

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Is it really that big a deal? I say that as someone that never misses kick off but I don't see being at the football like being at the cinema, folk come and go a lot more, always been the case. Not sure if folk have always complained about it but it feels like folk are increasingly wanting attendance at the football to be highly formalised and like a trip to the cinema. Silence included. 

You'll probably get in bother for saying that. Any criticism of them, perceived or otherwise, seems to be all they care about.

Edited by McGlynn The Money

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Umm just because you don’t agree with what I say or I dare say something negative- does not make me a troll mate 

I’ve been told I’ve done nothing wrong so please refrain for false accusations 

It's my opinion you're a troll and I'm simply stating that opinion. If you don't like that feel free to report me to the mods and they can let me know if I'm breaking any rules. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It spoils it for those of us who have their view blocked by people arriving late and leaving early 

It spoils it for those of us who have their view blocked by people arriving late and leaving early 

Can people go for a piss in your utopian world ?

AlphonseCapone

It takes what, 2 seconds for someone to pass you going to their seat? 

Clark Griswold

Why don’t you complain to the club then? See how far you get. 

Clark Griswold
Just now, Boab said:

Can people go for a piss in your utopian world ?

No they have to remain seated with fingers on lips 

1 General Posting Rules:

1. Always treat fellow members with respect and courtesy. 

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's my opinion you're a troll and I'm simply stating that opinion. If you don't like that feel free to report me to the mods and they can let me know if I'm breaking any rules. 

not very courteous 

1 General Posting Rules:

Not when loads at the same time do it 

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Hopefully enough people will agree with us 

Surely.

If you're lucky. The general disruption takes more than that, especially if they are moving along the row while still trying to watch the game. Then there's the repeat offenders who are back and forward for a pie or piss every 5 minutes. Rude, greedy and incontinent.

Has to be a complete wind-up. If that isn't the case the OP really should consider if Scottish Football experience is for them. Would love to see this post reflected to the late 70's early 80's!

This has always been the case.  The two guys that sat in front of me:

- always came late

- went for a pee during the first half

- went for a pie 5 min before HT

- went for a pee during the second half 

- usually left 2 min before FT

It could have been worse, they could have sat in my row and I had to stand to let them out.

Does it annoy me, YES.  Do I complain, NO.  It is all part of my matchday experience.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Thanks.

Crap!!

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Stop being so selfish and ignorant and arrive at Tynecastle in good time.

Thanks.

Oh check you out telling folk what to do. I’ll arrive whenever I like thanks.

McGlynn The Money
4 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Has to be a complete wind-up. If that isn't the case the OP really should consider if Scottish Football experience is for them. Would love to see this post reflected to the late 70's early 80's!

It wasn't an issue then because everyone could stand where they liked.

Obviously there are genuine reasons for being late but mostly it's just selfish, ignorant pricks who don't care about other fans.

scott herbertson
9 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Different concerns then

"Who's gonna give me a doing?"

"What's that flying through the air towards my head?"

"What's that warm wet feeling down the back of my leg?"

"Why is that copper staring at me?"

"How will I get out of the ground safely?"

24 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

1 General Posting Rules:

not very courteous 

1 General Posting Rules:

Respect is earned , courtesy you are given. You make comments then when questioned never answer the question yet wonder why people think you just troll the board and make every thread about you! 

@AlphonseCaponeis entitled to his opinion. I reckon about 85% of regular posters agree. 

As for arriving early , yes its annoying having to move but hardly worth bothering about. 

Leaving early - if the films shite people leave. They are entitled too , I tend to wait until most folk are away after thr game before I leave as its better for my anxiety , maybe some leave early to get to their cars or for their mental health rather than being caught in a big crowd. Don’t be so judgemental about something you don’t know the reasoning for. 

Edited by sadj

Clark Griswold
10 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

It wasn't an issue then because everyone could stand where they liked.

Obviously there are genuine reasons for being late but mostly it's just selfish, ignorant pricks who don't care about other fans.

Nope could be a multitude of other reasons like traffic (bypass was nose to tail on sat), finding a parking space, walking from said space to the ground, queue at the ground, waiting in food queue etc. you have absolutely no right to tell folk what to do. Like it or lump it.

chester copperpot

Wonder how these snowflakes would have got on in the 80's. Pish running down the crazy corner.

I'm not one for arriving late, but feck me we have some moaning minnies in our support these days!

6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Wonder how these snowflakes would have got on in the 80's. Pish running down the crazy corner.

I'm not one for arriving late, but feck me we have some moaning minnies in our support these days!

Do you wait til final whistle before leaving too?

McGlynn The Money
24 minutes ago, smiler said:

Oh check you out telling folk what to do. I’ll arrive whenever I like thanks.

Good for you. In your case, the later you arrive and the earlier you leave would be better for everyone.

11 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Nope could be a multitude of other reasons like traffic (bypass was nose to tail on sat), finding a parking space, walking from said space to the ground, queue at the ground, waiting in food queue etc. you have absolutely no right to tell folk what to do. Like it or lump it.

A lot of those qualify as valid reasons which, as I've already said, I have no problem with.

Asking folk to arrive on time for an event which only lasts a couple of hours is not telling them what to do. Folk don't turn up for the cinema, weddings or funerals half an hour late so why is it to be accepted at the football?

17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Different concerns then

"Who's gonna give me a doing?"

"What's that flying through the air towards my head?"

"What's that warm wet feeling down the back of my leg?"

"Why is that copper staring at me?"

"How will I get out of the ground safely?"

😂😂😂

Those were the days. 

J4E would have been charged for wanting police time as there were very few if any stewards then just the Cops. 

Who's that man wi the helmet oan ? 

Dixon, Dixon, Dixon of Dock Green 

etc etc😂

Ah memories👍

42 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not when something interesting happens on the park. 

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Good for you. In your case, the later you arrive and the earlier you leave would be better for everyone.

A lot of those qualify as valid reasons which, as I've already said, I have no problem with.

Asking folk to arrive on time for an event which only lasts a couple of hours is not telling them what to do. Folk don't turn up for the cinema, weddings or funerals half an hour late so why is it to be accepted at the football?

Well said